Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:06 am

Post by Cabd »

Servant Shielder has requested replacement.
Servant Ruler has approximately 4 additional hours to pick up their prod.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:19 am

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 2022, Servant Alter Ego wrote:Lancer. What to do.

@Caster

Ruler 2.0 has actually mentioned thoughts about my identity a couple times, and I feel like they've dropped comments to or about me quite a bit given the low number of posts. I don't know who they are or if they have accurately identified my main. The amount of posting at me, though, feels like someone who thinks I can be counted on to read them properly, or possibly thinks they can get a town misread from me. But, many of the players who would have either impression of me are higher-frequency posters than Ruler. And, their approach to the master wagons also look a little alien to me. So, I'm left with behaviors.

That's a whole lot of words that come down to "I am baffled by Ruler." I go back and forth about their likelihood of being town.

They haven't posted in 4 days. They're probably up for replacement pretty soon.
Perhaps they'd like to pocket you and haven't been able to find the required spirit.
In post 2023, Servant Saber wrote:
In post 2020, Servant Caster wrote:with some players, you have to use BOP if you want to win
This is an anonymous game. How can anyone fairly use BoP?
Very carefully.
In post 2024, Servant Saber wrote:Caster, are you townreading Shielder now?
I don't think I would go that far, but I think there may be better targets today.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:32 am

Post by Servant Assassin »

Joy. This is more in line with what I expected from an anonymous game.

I am reading over Caster's words on Ruler, and to be blunt: I am not terribly whelmed by it. From what I see: Ruler didn't want to read much prior to their replace in (a depressingly common trend onsite these days). They overreacted to Caster being upset at Ruler saying they had no chance of winning the vote. They had a bizarre FoS on Avenger that revolved around Avenger potentially impersonating another player. This is ridiculous reasoning, but is it
scum
reasoning? I questioned it at the time, but this sort of loopy case hinging on someone impersonating someone seems more likely to come from town - it can't be used to convince anyone, so it seems more likely to be something Ruler sincerely believed. So, we're left with Ruler making some strange naked votes near the end of the master phase. They are not great but I can't begin to form a strong scumcase off them. Admittedly, their activity hasn't been great and their theorizing that part of my wagon rising was with the help of an Archer partner seems half-baked at best. I'm not completely solid on Ruler being town but I don't think there's a compelling scumcase.

At this stage of the game, the day has stagnated. I am a bit alone in that I feel Shielder and Caster are both very likely to be scum. If people are particularly afraid of voting out Caster for god knows what reason, I am perfectly content to switch to Shielder. Having a confirmable role doesn't mean confirmable alignment.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:32 am

Post by Servant Alter Ego »

In post 1989, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:Thinking flavour is going to match 100% seems ridiculous. Do you think there are zero investigative abilities in this game or something?
Of course I don't. And it's a little saddening that you apparently think I'm
that
much of a shallow thinker.

After reading the Tales games during d0, I've had some thoughts about the kinds of investigative roles that could fit with battle-based flavor. I'm curious to see if any of my surmises turn out to be correct.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:34 am

Since you're here, Caster, I may as well just ask: earlier, you softed attempting to use an ability and having it fail. Do you mind claiming what that ability was? No further details like flavor, just the ability you tried to use.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:37 am

In post 2027, Servant Assassin wrote:Joy. This is more in line with what I expected from an anonymous game.

I am reading over Caster's words on Ruler, and to be blunt: I am not terribly whelmed by it. From what I see: Ruler didn't want to read much prior to their replace in (a depressingly common trend onsite these days). They overreacted to Caster being upset at Ruler saying they had no chance of winning the vote. They had a bizarre FoS on Avenger that revolved around Avenger potentially impersonating another player. This is ridiculous reasoning, but is it
scum
reasoning? I questioned it at the time, but this sort of loopy case hinging on someone impersonating someone seems more likely to come from town - it can't be used to convince anyone, so it seems more likely to be something Ruler sincerely believed. So, we're left with Ruler making some strange naked votes near the end of the master phase. They are not great but I can't begin to form a strong scumcase off them. Admittedly, their activity hasn't been great and their theorizing that part of my wagon rising was with the help of an Archer partner seems half-baked at best. I'm not completely solid on Ruler being town but I don't think there's a compelling scumcase.

At this stage of the game, the day has stagnated. I am a bit alone in that I feel Shielder and Caster are both very likely to be scum. If people are particularly afraid of voting out Caster for god knows what reason, I am perfectly content to switch to Shielder. Having a confirmable role doesn't mean confirmable alignment.
My vote is almost certainly following yours. I thought we could squeeze more data out of this day, but that's not happening as much as I'd hoped because of the stagnation.
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:40 am

Post by Servant Moon Cancer »

1989 wasn't even directed at you lol. It was clearly directed at the person who was thinking that, you know, the one who brought it up.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:14 am

In post 2031, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:1989 wasn't even directed at you lol. It was clearly directed at the person who was thinking that, you know, the one who brought it up.
It came immediately after my post on the topic, which is why I thought it was addressed to me.

Thanks for clarifying. ~debristles~
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:21 am

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 2027, Servant Assassin wrote:Joy. This is more in line with what I expected from an anonymous game.

scum

Yes, I figured. No one ever finds me persuasive; that is why I don't bother.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:22 am

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 2029, Servant Assassin wrote:Since you're here, Caster, I may as well just ask: earlier, you softed attempting to use an ability and having it fail. Do you mind claiming what that ability was? No further details like flavor, just the ability you tried to use.
It sends a message.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:24 am

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 2030, Servant Alter Ego wrote:My vote is almost certainly following yours. I thought we could squeeze more data out of this day, but that's not happening as much as I'd hoped because of the stagnation.
Do you think you could twist that knife a bit more? I want to really feel it. Thanks.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:25 am

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 2034, Servant Caster wrote:
In post 2029, Servant Assassin wrote:Since you're here, Caster, I may as well just ask: earlier, you softed attempting to use an ability and having it fail. Do you mind claiming what that ability was? No further details like flavor, just the ability you tried to use.
It sends a message.
I suppose it's trivial to deduce who I would have tried to send a message to, so: I was trying to send you my paraphrased role PM.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:26 am

Servant Caster wrote:

scum

Yes, I figured. No one ever finds me persuasive; that is why I don't bother.
Sorry. I recognize that an effort was made, I just still don't really think you're town. Please don't take it personally.
Servant Caster wrote:
It sends a message.
Okay.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:28 am

I'm willing to throw in the towel on this phase and save the mod and any potential hapless replacement some grief and vote out Shielder. This is not a lazy default vote, I think there's a very strong chance the slot is scum.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:29 am

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 2037, Servant Assassin wrote:Sorry. I recognize that an effort was made, I just still don't really think you're town. Please don't take it personally.
Shrug. I just think you suck, mostly. I should be an easy read here.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:31 am

Easy read off of what? What would you say makes you town that I am missing?
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:32 am

In post 2035, Servant Caster wrote:
In post 2030, Servant Alter Ego wrote:My vote is almost certainly following yours. I thought we could squeeze more data out of this day, but that's not happening as much as I'd hoped because of the stagnation.
Do you think you could twist that knife a bit more? I want to really feel it. Thanks.
In post 1672, Servant Alter Ego wrote:it feels like I'd be kicking a puppy.
An irascible puppy.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:33 am

Post by Servant Caster »

I've been bleeding town all over the thread since day 0. It's literally insane that I'm even a serious wagon. I have no logical point that will satisfy you.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:37 am

Post by Servant Caster »

I am able to try using my messenger ability again, if anyone would give a shit about me proving it.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:39 am

Yeah thats not going to do it for me dude, I need something concrete if I'm going to believe you. I know the situation sucks but you haven't really gven me anything to work with if you are town.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:41 am

Post by Servant Caster »

I've given you plenty. It is not my fault if you can't see it.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:41 am

I'm willing to just throw in the towel on this day phase and save the mod, any potential replacement, and the rest of us a lot of grief by burning shielder. Not a lazy default vote, I think there's an extremely high chance the slot flips scum.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:42 am

A neighborizer, a player who claims to have a messenger ability, a player who claims they can post in the game thread during the night.

Different channels of communication appear to be a theme.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:44 am

Post by Servant Caster »

I don't really want to suffer another day of this though.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:48 am

Servant Caster wrote:I don't really want to suffer another day of this though.
You asking to die or what? I don't understand this.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”