Silent Star 2: Menagerie

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:35 am

Post by Hectic »

Votecount 1.15

[1] Isis:
PlusJOYED
[0] PookyTheMagicalBear:

[8] Not Voting:
Isis, PookyTheMagicalBear, Kanna, Ydrasse, Tayl0r Swift, Not_Mafia, Lokie Dokie, drusilla

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to execute. If there is no majority by the deadline, the mafia will choose who to execute.
The deadline is in (expired on 2020-09-20 19:59:58).

PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:26 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 917, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 639, PlusJOYED wrote:
In post 621, Isis wrote:
In post 619, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:can you explain why?
PoE
Loki: townslip
drusilla: assumed in the question as stated
Pooky: assumed in the question as stated
Ydrasse: would've recruited me or you as scum, could still be a recruit but that's -50%
Isis: that's me
plus: townslipz
Tayl0r: I still think being annoying during post restriction and her flippant attitude now is townish
Kanna: PoE'd
didn't you say your TR'd taylor more than me regarding anime avatar and SR'd me?
It looks a lot like you're just scum trying to AtE from my pov
I’m still waiting for plusJOYED to explain where in this post this AtE occurred?
I remember that feeling like Isis was trying to be friendly and act pockety during this phase. I remember isis saying they SR'd me but then saying im townslipping without explanation which struck me. I guess AtE isn't the best word here, but I still feel like isis is scum and pooky is town
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:29 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 932, Isis wrote:PlusJOYED assumed that this was a setup where essentially the mafia are lovers and all the townies are also secret lovers and there is only one elimination, from among the gladiated players. Going off of that assumption, if Pooky and I were both town, Hectic would end the game early and announce that it was a scum victory. He would similarly need to end the game early and declare one faction the winner if Pooky and I were both scum, which could be viewed as a scumslip for plusJOYED not including that possibility for the sake of completion.

So he wasn't saying anything about the condemning process was guaranteed to offer a choice between a town and a scum, but that he thought the fact the game had not been concluded early indicated that it was a choice between a town and a scum.
i never said/assumed that. What is a secret lover? I did think this was the final phase here but people convinced me otherwise, mainly by bringing up silent star 1 which i didnt know about
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:30 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

I'm also kinda lost and have little confidence in most of my reads at this point tbh
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:46 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

@mod v/la until Sunday
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:54 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 931, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 301, Tayl0r Swift wrote:VOTE: isis
In post 302, Hectic wrote:
Spoiler:
Image[/spoiler]
As dusk falls over the land, the animals in the Menagerie realise that they've all been transformed into new forms! The used-to-be-tiger panics as he turns into a dolphin and starts flopping around in the empty and alarmingly water-free cage. This only lasts for a moment, as the floor of the cage opens up like sliding doors, plunging the dolphin into a clean pool of water.

Meanwhile, a rat appears in the octopus's water tank. He
squeaks
in fear as he quickly realises he no longer owns any gills and is quite deep underwater. At the same time, a roaring dragon rises into the air, a collar around her neck displaying the name "Miso". Miso the Dragon
RUMBLES
and engulfs the tank with flames, evaporating just enough water such that it allows the rat to stand in the remaining shallow pool. He collects his breath and scampers up the side to safety. It is unclear whether this was a rescue mission or a failed assassination attempt on the dragon's part.

Spoiler:
Image[/spoiler]

Votecount 1.10

[3] PlusJOYED:
Isis, drusilla, Ydrasse
[2] drusilla:
Kanna, PookyTheMagicalBear
[1] Isis:
Tayl0r Swift
[1] Ydrasse:
PlusJOYED

[2] Not Voting:
Not_Mafia, Lokie Dokie

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to condemn someone. If there is no majority by the deadline, the mafia will choose who to condemn.
The condemning deadline is in (expired on 2020-09-16 07:18:42).
In post 401, Tayl0r Swift wrote:i mean dont read into any of my posts. without knowing what the stakes were i was just posting. there wasnt really any reasoning behind my votes. i could try to retroactively justify my posts and votes, but day 1 i voted someone for being a cat. day 2 it was just a random vote basically. on day 2 i felt particularly like there were no stakes since the people who got voted (me being one of them) didnt face any consequences. stating who we would have recruited is pointless because as scum we'd just lie. if anything i dont trust that scum doesnt benefit from this knowledge somehow.
In post 592, Tayl0r Swift wrote:my vote was essentially random. i did not have a good grasp on the game but didnt think there would be significant implications for the post-restriction stage of the game. i did assume there would be some mechanic for letting at least some players post, and wanted to get to that stage as quickly as possible. dunno why everyone sheeped me, but i had no real reason to unvote.
taylor, why not hop on the biggest wagon if you wanted to get through that phase of the game as fast as possible?
was the largest wagon on a cat?

Fixed the glitch in the matrix - Hectic
Last edited by Hectic on Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:58 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

uh that was some awful formatting on my part
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:59 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

i think i broke the site
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:55 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

wtf did you do taylor lmao
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:22 am

Post by Isis »

In post 952, PlusJOYED wrote:
In post 932, Isis wrote:PlusJOYED assumed that this was a setup where essentially the mafia are lovers and all the townies are also secret lovers and there is only one elimination, from among the gladiated players. Going off of that assumption, if Pooky and I were both town, Hectic would end the game early and announce that it was a scum victory. He would similarly need to end the game early and declare one faction the winner if Pooky and I were both scum, which could be viewed as a scumslip for plusJOYED not including that possibility for the sake of completion.

So he wasn't saying anything about the condemning process was guaranteed to offer a choice between a town and a scum, but that he thought the fact the game had not been concluded early indicated that it was a choice between a town and a scum.
i never said/assumed that. What is a secret lover? I did think this was the final phase here but people convinced me otherwise, mainly by bringing up silent star 1 which i didnt know about
lover is a role that makes connected players all die together if any of them die. A secret lover would be someone who was not informed that they were afflicted with this condition
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:23 am

Post by Isis »

You said in one of your posts you thought the game would end after Pooky or I was eliminated, so it's just a rephrasing of your position
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:27 am

Post by drusilla »

In post 836, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Dru is a very good player who has a lot of pull - she writes excellent posts that are very persuasive - as she demonstrated during the post restricted phase.
In post 840, Isis wrote:You've had different experiences with shiki than I have, generally she makes brilliant posts and then we all ignore her
In post 854, Kanna wrote: shiki is so smart,
none of these feel particularly accurate, but thankyou all for the kind words.
In post 854, Kanna wrote: shiki is so smart, she should be highly bopped. if things she's saying doesn't add up to us, she's probably just scum
In post 862, Kanna wrote:whereas i don't think she would think those points were especially good right now if she was town
why though? why don't the things i'm saying add up? why aren't those points good? you want me to be this like disaster ball of unsuredness that i sometimes become but the disaster ball needs a champion to make sense of all of the loose threads or she's completely useless. if you think i can be useful to town, then help me be useful if you don't think i am. or don't. i get that i am an impossibly high maintenance member of town.
In post 874, Kanna wrote:the tmi thing is also relatively nai, just saying. dru/isis are all good players and i think the best way to catch them out is finding what their motivation is

i think drusilla's motivation today has clearly been to advocate for a pooky elim and looking at the reasons, i find them p shaky. she's better than this. which means it's possible she's covering for isis so we should GO ISIS
could just say this exactly with regards to your push on isis > you covering for pooky. like sure abstractly it could be but i don't know why you find them shaky and this entire line is pure dejavu so.
why are the stars dancing?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:28 am

Post by Isis »

I didn't break down the townslip into its nuts and bolts because I think most/all the players would follow but you said you thought scum recruitment would happen day 2, and a scum could not possibly think that, because they would already have chatted with their new partner during day 1. My transition in my read on you was based on that being a strong evidence you were town and not based on your vote/pressure being cast on me and wanting to relieve it. I'm now at a juncture where it's important to figure out whether you were lying about thinking the scum teammate was recruited after day 1 because if it's not a lie you're 100% town and if it's a lie you're 99% scum (some people very few people lie as scum please don't be one of those people I beseech everyone)

pedit: drusilla posted something but I'm addressing PLUS
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:29 am

Post by Isis »

drusilla should I townread you for being sarcastic?
"Well, I..."
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:31 am

Post by drusilla »

In post 963, Isis wrote:drusilla should I townread you for being sarcastic?
i don't know. i saw that post but i didn't comb through my past games to see how well it held up over a large enough sample size. i think it's a mood dependent thing for me, and perhaps it's a mood more likely to occur when i'm town, but i didn't gather any data.
why are the stars dancing?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:36 am

Post by Isis »

if i die townlock dru and loki and sort the other slots

EZ game
"Well, I..."
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:16 pm

Post by Hectic »

Not_Mafia was prodded.
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:11 pm

Post by Kanna »

In post 961, drusilla wrote:why though? why don't the things i'm saying add up? why aren't those points good?
taking as your pooky case summarised:
In post 796, drusilla wrote:In post 764, drusilla wrote:
it seemed to me like scum!pooky saw someone working towards solving the game and attempted to befriend them without participating in the solving of the game.

In post 739, drusilla wrote:
the person you were interacting with was already developing the framework. you didn't need to wholly invent it it was already being done by someone else and instead of participating in that you random gifs.
- i think you're giving too much credit to ydrasse for her communications post and linking it to solving the game when it wasn't really that

- the gif shade when communication method is relatively nai. do you really think town are less likely to use gifs? imo, what matters is someone's efforts in getting everyone to understand their specific point
In post 796, drusilla wrote:In post 737, drusilla wrote:
make friends make no effort to solve the game make it seem like you care about the game being solved.
- the buddying thing i have mixed feelings about but this goes too hard
In post 796, drusilla wrote:because ydrasse was trying to communicate about the game or at least to develop a framework for us to communicate about the game within and you were just gif posting. and then you were like 'look we need to reach a consensus!' when you could have been working toward that goal. that's like what scum do.
- again, i think this is putting pooky in the worst possible light esp with "that's what scum do"
In post 796, drusilla wrote:like if you're town you'd help develop a consensus. i think mafia would be far more likely to say, hey look we need to do this. instead of doing it.

In post 446, drusilla wrote:
In post 445, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
ok can you explain why that is? What was there to communicate about that I didn't do?

who to vote for? for instance. if you care about the lack of consensus votes helping to develop a consensus seems the correct course of action. do you not think anyone was trying to communicate about the game?
- and for this i'm pretty sure he was voting both days, and this is misrep if it was c2 because everyone could see he wanted isis + going unnecessarily hard
spirited away thanks for the good memories

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:13 pm

Post by Kanna »

isis changed her avatar! and hectic looks so scary now...

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 956, Tayl0r Swift wrote:uh that was some awful formatting on my part
yeah, it was i believe? isis was at some point a cat.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:17 pm

Post by Isis »

Maybe I'll just use the snowy one on days I feel happy.

I don't feel happy today.
"Well, I..."
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:19 pm

Post by Kanna »

In post 970, Isis wrote:Maybe I'll just use the snowy one on days I feel happy.

I don't feel happy today.
</3 feel better, isis

Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:19 pm

Post by Kanna »

why did your sig change.......

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:19 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

:c feel better...
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:20 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 950, Hectic wrote:
Votecount 1.15

[1] Isis:
PlusJOYED
[0] PookyTheMagicalBear:

[8] Not Voting:
Isis, PookyTheMagicalBear, Kanna, Ydrasse, Tayl0r Swift, Not_Mafia, Lokie Dokie, drusilla

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to execute. If there is no majority by the deadline, the mafia will choose who to execute.
The deadline is in (expired on 2020-09-20 19:59:58).

Hey guys, what are we going to do if I’m right - which I think I am - on both Pooky/Isis being town? Like how do we even decide this?

Few things less fun then deciding which probable townie to whack. If there was ever a good time for a no execurz, this would obviously be it but unfortunately that isn’t an option.:/

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”