Silent Star 2: Menagerie

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:19 am

Post by Kanna »

In post 1058, Isis wrote:Kanna rolled town. I remember this one time town!Same posted something AtEish and then said he doesn't think it's in his town range to use AtE in quite that manner as scum.

I think Kanna couldn't do quite what she did here as scum.
I want that to be couldn't, not wouldn't, because she knows I like social deduction games with people killed by majority decisions so I would want her to trick me because she loves me.
i use AtE as scum sometimes in lylo situations where i think if i strike a really hard final blow i can win it. i'm crying on the inside tho. sometimes i also use joke!AtE and don't feel bad but i don't think people see it as joke!AtE
spirited away thanks for the good memories

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:34 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Why would you feel bad about using AtE as scum? Isn't that playing to your wincon?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:19 pm

Post by Isis »

I think I never understood that song before Kanna explained. Sadly I have never cried from music, only books and film and plays. It is a sweeter song now that I understand it is about memorable moments
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 1067, Kanna wrote:i want to ask isis yttd questions but so many spoilers

i'm really happy i rolled town so i can buddy isis to OBLIVION

p-edit: ?!?!?!
Would you not buddy me if you were scum?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:26 pm

Post by Isis »

I don't think I'm a very high AtE player which makes it hard to measure whether I AtE more as town or scum. I think I maybe AtE a little bit when I'm well positioned as town and not at all when I'm well positioned as scum, and not at all when I'm poorly positioned as scum and some when I'm poorly positioned as scum, and it always gets me killed anyway, but I don't resort to it until it's so late it's pretty much lolcatting so it doesn't matter that much.
I did this random thread of consciousness wallpost as town recently in response to Farren voting me, which wasn't a terrible position but the game was so evenly balanced at that point it was bad. I'm not sure if it would qualify as AtE.

I would definitely trust someone else's opinion on this over mine
"Well, I..."
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:29 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1077, Isis wrote:Sadly I have never cried from music
Clearly you've never heard me sing karaoke
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:35 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1073, Kanna wrote:
In post 665, Tayl0r Swift wrote:so in day 1.1 we selected pooky but then we also selected me (there was one vote on me and then the phase ended). afaik nothing happened to me. does anyone have an explanation for what happened there?
this is what i mean by dumbtelling from taylor btw. it seems v unlikely she thought something would happen to her when she got one vote
Well, I don’t like that she initially said her vote was “random” and later when it was pointed out thatshe never voted for anyone but Isis, it’s because she’s a cat, so NOT random plus she hasn’t made a single read or done any solving since we’ve been allowed to use words.

I like Ydrasse’s tone as well but NM doesn’t really look agenda-y, so I still lean to those two Tayl0r/plus). Another thing, maybe she was really excited to post adorable dog gifs but was unhappy about her alignment so she posted grotesque images instead? The fact is that she has done less solving than anyone else on the playerlist and why would she even think anything would happen to her with one vote? Also that’s not even a dumbtell, at best it’s NAI because of what Hectic posted about scum not knowing the setup. So. I’m not giving anyone any townreads unless they actually do something townie and until/unless she makes some reads, she hasn’t done anything to warrant a townread.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:42 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

viewtopic.php?p=12098736&user_select%5B ... #p12098736

Tayl0r Swift towngame. Look at how extremely engaged and solvey she’s being in that game, where she has done absolutely nothing in this one.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:50 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1082, Loki Dokie wrote:viewtopic.php?p=12098736&user_select%5B ... #p12098736

Tayl0r Swift towngame. Look at how extremely engaged and solvey she’s being in that game, where she has done absolutely nothing in this one.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=84167&user_select%5B%5D=34760

Tayl0r Swift super obvtown in this one. Town!Tayl0r does things, she is extremely engaged and blatantly townie as town. I think I’m not wrong here that she got a red role PM in this game. People can make excuses for the post-restrictive stage but here we have a slot, who is playing 100% differently than in her towngames, so I think we’ve caught at least one scum in TS.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:54 pm

But these aren't even mafia games. These are Secret Hitler games run in real time during Marathon day. You're not really comparing apples to apples here.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:55 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1083, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 1082, Loki Dokie wrote:viewtopic.php?p=12098736&user_select%5B ... #p12098736

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=84167&user_select%5B%5D=34760

Tayl0r Swift super obvtown in this one. Town!Tayl0r does things, she is extremely engaged and blatantly townie as town. I think I’m not wrong here that she got a red role PM in this game. People can make excuses for the post-restrictive stage but here we have a slot, who is playing 100% differently than in her towngames, so I think we’ve caught at least one scum in TS.
viewtopic.php?p=12106425&user_select%5B ... #p12106425

Yet another game with obvtown Tayl0r, she played the exact same way in all of these game but so far, completely different here.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:56 pm

Post by Isis »

She's scummy even without using any meta though
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:56 pm

Post by Isis »

Oh no I accidentally flipped my avi
"Well, I..."
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:57 pm

yay snow isis <3
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:58 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1084, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:But these aren't even mafia games. These are Secret Hitler games run in real time during Marathon day. You're not really comparing apples to apples here.
But she’s doing stuff in all of them, so what’s your point? She’s made zero attempt to make reads or anything yet and we’re almost at deadline. I don’t understand why you’re making this distinction?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:06 pm

her lack of commitment and detachment is very scum-indicative. Mafia usually do feel detached in these nomination scenarios when they do not have anything at stake.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:15 pm

she doesn't have any completed longform mafia games as far as I can tell from looking at her history.

the ones you've listed are real-time ones.

If you believe she is mafia who do you think she recruits or would recruit her?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:20 pm

Post by Isis »

Wait does this mean it's wrong that half of why I paranoia Kanna is a marathon she destroyed me in?
"Well, I..."
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:22 pm

I think I play a lot differently between real-time and slow-form - but everyone is different.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:23 pm

like when I'm playing real time I usually have a lot harder time following the thread.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:24 pm

I'm just glad you're happy today <3
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:34 pm

Post by Isis »

I woke up with pandora in my lap so my day started right
"Well, I..."
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:45 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1090, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:her lack of commitment and detachment is very scum-indicative. Mafia usually do feel detached in these nomination scenarios when they do not have anything at stake.
In post 1091, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:she doesn't have any completed longform mafia games as far as I can tell from looking at her history.

the ones you've listed are real-time ones.

If you believe she is mafia who do you think she recruits or would recruit her?
I think plus seems most likely based on ISOing a few of his games but a lot less sure on that. I’d feel a lot safer executing Tayl0r first just in case I’m wrong on plus but he’s currently my best guess based on my reads of the rest of the playerlist but I think Tayl0r!scum is super obvious. She blatantly contradicted herself which is usually a common scum tell. Her vote was “random”, then it was because Isis was a cat. Those two statements totally contradict each other, because she’s never voted anyone other than Isis and she has not given a single read since the execution phase started.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:00 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1090, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:her lack of commitment and detachment is very scum-indicative. Mafia usually do feel detached in these nomination scenarios when they do not have anything at stake.
Especially when in those towngames I referenced, she played 180 degrees differently. And think about this, we all choose our respective animals because we actually LIKE those animals and therefore try to find the images we like the most but what does Tayl0r post? diseased sickly dogs. Do you think when she signed up for this game, she was enthusiastic to post those types of grotesque pictures? But she would very likely be upset if she got a red role PM and that very possibly could have affected the images she selected. Kanna managed to find cute bat picks but Tayl0r couldn’t even find one cute doggie?

And her growling and barking at Isis and me for liking one of her posts was strange and then she topped it off by voting for her both days, so hiding behind the Isis is a cat thing, how isn’t that antitown? But had she then not claimed it was “random”, at least it would be consistent but then she claims it wasn’t random, it’s because Isis was a cat. Now, if she was actually doing some solving here, making reads etc., I’d ignore all of the above but we have an important decision to make and Tayl0r apparently has no opinion on it and isn’t even putting a good faith effort in actually trying and when I contrast that with those three games of hers - marathon or not - the difference is clearly striking.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:07 pm

Post by Isis »

+1
"Well, I..."

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”