Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:25 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 301, xRECKONERx wrote:@VPB: You asked where I was and I gave you my thoughts on the wagon and yesterday etc and you never acknowledged or responded to it. whassup
Yo, I'm taking it all in to some degree. I've posted like twice as much as anyone else, so I'm trying to get some interaction that isn't me.

I appreciated your analysis though. Seemed like you picked up some insight overnight. I don't think it was a scum driven wagon really because chkflip was playing like trash. Idk if I'm as hard belief on that as you, but there could be as few as a single scum on there possibly. The speed is weird though.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:26 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 322, Ythan wrote:
In post 318, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 314, Ythan wrote:Would you mind restating 307 in different words please?
I think Annie Edison dying points to somebody who dislikes hydras potentially being scum. Fringe chance of VPB having slipped in the true motive.
PEdit: okay then
Can you explain what you're saying about vpb here a little further?
I feel like you’re just not gonna get it again but: in my experience I sometimes want to allude to my actual reasoning for killing someone when Im scum in the main thread, especially when everyone is wrong about it. It’s probably down to an issue of scum guilt/not wanting to lie, I’ve been told IRL that I cannot lie for extended periods of time, and to a certain extent that is true, and that’s why I have that inclination to do that. So yeah thinking about it I’m VERY likely projecting, but I still figured it should be pointed out.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 314, Ythan wrote:Would you mind restating 307 in different words please?
I think Annie Edison dying points to somebody who dislikes hydras potentially being scum. Fringe chance of VPB having slipped in the true motive.
Lol if you think as scum I'd post kill reasons in the game.

I doubt UT would kill because he disliked hydrae either.

The obv reason would be because it's like getting rid of weak neighbors.
YOUR AD HERE

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:29 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 270, AGar wrote:
Spoiler: TLDR context for my absence
Work got super busy and also my truck decided to be a yuuuuuge piece of shit when I tried to work on it and I spent multiple nights spending hours underneath it to no avail. It was physically and mentally exhausting so I didn't have much energy to really mafia it up. It's fixed now. Work is still busy but I don't have the other shit to bog me down. Sorry y'all.

- This is bad. Explaining the origins of Sunny, in the game
designed
about Sunny, is not IIoA or scum posting. Also this is not who I thought this was soooooo....

Hard to suss out much on the chk wagon as I wasn't really engaged at the time and I can't divorce re-reading the buildup with my knowledge of the flip. It all seems like shit but also chk's posting probably should've been yeeted so I think the flip is 1000% tainting my analysis.

tn was very kinda "look I'm here" without feeling like they're doing much so that's a thought.

DrPep's entrance was not good!
In post 200, VP Baltar wrote:AGar, I need you to be town here, and I need some help.
I'm here bubba, and I'm town.

is a scum post!

tn is slightly better so far in D2.
lmao nevermind.
In post 257, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 243, AGar wrote:Jfc yall.

Had sudden drop in of the not quite in laws. Will get here eventually...
When is eventually because my patience is getting pretty thin and this is not the AGar I expect.

There is very little in this game and seems like something you could catch up in a solid 30 minutes.
This is fair but I was literally waiting for them to leave so I didn't just rip out my laptop while they were here. I really struggle anymore to do mobile posting, I struggle to focus and keep things straight.

Aaaaanyways.

We should yeet from {DrPepper/Noraa/Tn}

Haschel's hammer looks mildly suspect, but also so does that entire wagon, and I'm guessing in real-time instead of post-hoc it probably looked relatively fine. That wagon sped to yeet status though and it's tough to pull any solid wagon analysis from it because it was all garbo.

VOTE: DoctorPepper
If you had to give a basic read list sorting everyone in the game what would it look like rn? I think I actually saw this from you already but I want to double check
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:30 pm

Post by Ythan »

In post 326, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 322, Ythan wrote:
Can you explain what you're saying about vpb here a little further?
I feel like you’re just not gonna get it again but: in my experience I sometimes want to allude to my actual reasoning for killing someone when Im scum in the main thread, especially when everyone is wrong about it. It’s probably down to an issue of scum guilt/not wanting to lie, I’ve been told IRL that I cannot lie for extended periods of time, and to a certain extent that is true, and that’s why I have that inclination to do that. So yeah thinking about it I’m VERY likely projecting, but I still figured it should be pointed out.
Jfc I don't care about that just say which vpb post you're referencing.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:31 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 304, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 200, VP Baltar wrote:The annie shot is also weird af. I'm assuming scum wanted to get rid of a hydra, but confirming a town slot on a misyeet is dumb. Either that or there may have been more town than expected on that wagon. Impossible to say.

Ythan and Haschel are probably the worst people on the wagon...though I'll admit I'm giving Gamma some leeway because he's a noob and chkflip's warning. Still, their vote is also bad.

Doctor Pepper, I'd like some reads from you.

AGar, I need you to be town here, and I need some help.

WHERE IS MY RECKONER?????
The hell??? I’m not a noob. I’m insulted you think I am actually
I'm old as dirt. Apologies.
YOUR AD HERE

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:33 pm

Post by Ythan »

200 I found it without you.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:36 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 274, AGar wrote:Yeah see that's the kind of low-effort shit I would expect from scum. Like anyone could have very easily gone "Shit, we're getting perilously close to a hammer w/o a lot of voices chiming in," and simply unvoted. Leaving your vote parked is *also* saying "I am completely fine with this day ending early and no discussion cropping up."

Also trying to frame Chkflip's departure as "he wasn't part of the old boys club" is wildly inaccurate - he posted in a manner that was entirely inflammatory and pretty much asking to eat a yeet. I disagree with giving him that on the fact that that's a helluva bet if you're scum, and I disagree with all of the speed, but it wasn't "yeet the outsider." Especially considering those you are presumably classing as the "old boys club" don't even command half the player list or enough to run a yeet by themselves.

P-Edit: Because I have higher priorities of who I want to yeet than you. But you'd have to do more than ctrl+f'ing your name to understand that.
I think you’re demanding too much of tn. tn had no way to anticipate someone deciding to suddenly hammer the wagon with 0 ceremony to it, the table we have imo should very very rarely if ever have that happen. I’ve also seen people get upset at Y-1 voters who didn’t announce it despite the VC being on the same fucking page. My guess would be they thought everyone was sane enough to read the VC and have enough counting skill to know the would be dropping the hammer.
<Embrace The Void>

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:36 pm

Post by Ythan »

So, what, are you saying ut and vpb are scum together, killed Annie because ut doesn't like hydrae, and then vpb slipped it? Is that what you're saying??
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 276, AGar wrote:
In post 275, tn5421 wrote:I couldn't have unvoted chk because I didn't vote him in the first place.
I literally wasn't talking about you in reference to unvoting chk, but go off!
Who WERE you talking about? Same thought process I just expressed likely applies there.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 333, Ythan wrote:So, what, are you saying ut and vpb are scum together, killed Annie because ut doesn't like hydrae, and then vpb slipped it? Is that what you're saying??
I’m saying that’s a theory. I’m not acting on that rn, because I think VPB’s actually done a fair amount of towny things and also because that’s a massive reach to actually push that logic rn
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 277, Noraa wrote:Shit went down while I was eating dinner eh? I have some other stuff to do and might post some stuff on this later today. AGar nice limpool. Newbies are always good lynchbait as far as I'm concerned ^^
In post 278, Noraa wrote:(I'm talking about myself in case someone out there didn't understand)
SIGH

I don’t see this as particularly suspicious but I know someone will and I can’t exactly fault them for that
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 295, Ythan wrote:I actually share your scumreads exactly and am vibing on you hard so I'm gonna align my vote but tn still smells. Everyone else but those three and me seems legit.

Wait so you think everyone except for yourself and AGar’s scum pool is “legit”? Why are you not including yourself? Why am I included?
<Embrace The Void>

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by Ythan »

I think Emerald's iso is pure fluff who disagrees and where's your counterexample?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by Ythan »

In post 337, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 295, Ythan wrote:I actually share your scumreads exactly and am vibing on you hard so I'm gonna align my vote but tn still smells. Everyone else but those three and me seems legit.

Wait so you think everyone except for yourself and AGar’s scum pool is “legit”? Why are you not including yourself? Why am I included?
I recognize that I don't seem legit. And I forgot you existed (along with Skies).
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:55 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 298, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 189, Noraa wrote:Alrighty now imma go thru and read chkflip's ISO bc since they flipped green, their opinions r 100% valid
This is true, doesn’t mean they’ll be right
In post 316, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 248, tn5421 wrote:Not sure how anyone expects anyone to have reads worth a damn on page 10 given the current meta heavily favors 100 page day 1's.
I find 100 page day 1s worse for town’s chances than 10 or less page D1s
In post 323, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 267, tn5421 wrote:his play was newb-town
he was yeeted for being newb-town
thus it is a valid interpretation to state he was yeeted for not being part of the old boys club of old and angry mafia players
It’s honestly funny how wrong this is, I have only been on site for like 4 years, with like only half of that being time with active participation, and I managed to know chkflip was old guard
Though I ALSO understand this because of the fiasco with the coldheartedking account
These are like, the only things I’ve posted I can reasonably see as being called fluff. Everything else that looks remotely fluffy was solicited.
<Embrace The Void>

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:57 pm

Post by Ythan »

So you posted fluff instead of not fluff hmm...
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:58 pm

Post by Ythan »

I'm sure you understand that a response made up of, one, examples of fluff, and two, a naked statement that the rest is better, and coming from the subject himself no less, does not leave me satisfied.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:05 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

Why are we creating a narrative of Annie being killed be ause hydra rather than because it's a no info kill nobody would be sus about
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:06 pm

Post by Ythan »

Iirc that's just a Gamma suggestion.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:07 pm

Post by Ythan »

No vpb mentioned it as well. But it's certainly not an established narrative.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:09 pm

Post by Ythan »

You know what nevermind that's a perfectly fine post.
brighteningskies
brighteningskies
Goon
brighteningskies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:03 pm

Post by brighteningskies »

In post 226, Haschel Cedricson wrote: Conversely I'm shocked anybody would be shocked by the confidence. Chkflip was acting scummy, got called on it, then admitted to being scummy but said it was all part of a test to get reactions and reads. Now, in a vacuum I have no problem with that whatsoever. But he gave no indication that this was true at all. When I see a townie get ran up to L-1 I usually see them try to get the vote onto somebody else. A player with reads would be able to do that. Failing that if they think their execution is inevitable they would be telling the town their last suspicions. Chkflip did none of those things and I'm not gonna apologize for hammering.
How was he acting scummy? He just said inflammatory things to get a response which is what most people seem to do anyway to scumhunt here so
In post 202, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 186, brighteningskies wrote:Gonna look at the wagon on chkflip, it's very possible most/all of the people that voted them are town
What makes you say that?
Just because I don't want to assume there are definitely mafia players on the wagon but I suspect there might be one.
In post 303, Ythan wrote:BS isn't really a newbie though so slot that in in place of Nora for me.
I think someone being a newbie isn't that relevant for whether they're scum? If you're suspecting someone because they're a newbie that's just really weird to me. Also newbie status has limited relevance in general.
In post 310, Noraa wrote:
In post 300, Ythan wrote:I think BS is the one I suspected not Nora. But newbies so w/e them both for now.
Ik their name is brighteningskies but dude u really couldn't think of anything better than BS? Like Bright, Brightening, Skies, Sky, idk whatever is better than BS -______-
lmao yes thank you
Wenn Sie dies lesen, sind Sie zu nah
brighteningskies
brighteningskies
Goon
brighteningskies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:11 pm

Post by brighteningskies »

Just looked at Haschel's ISO.. so much saying "this is bad" without actually saying why anything is bad, many questions on other people to get them to simply elaborate without actually asking real questions.
Haschel would you please elaborate on why you thought ckflip was scum?
In post 156, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Try again.

If you're gonna use "I was just trying to get reads!" as an excuse, then you better be able to prove you got some reads.
For example: why is this not valid? Surely a town player could also mess up trying to get reads in a particular way and failing?

Still not sure about VP but getting less scum vibes from him today. More on that later I suppose.
Wenn Sie dies lesen, sind Sie zu nah
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:40 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 336, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 277, Noraa wrote:Shit went down while I was eating dinner eh? I have some other stuff to do and might post some stuff on this later today. AGar nice limpool. Newbies are always good lynchbait as far as I'm concerned ^^
In post 278, Noraa wrote:(I'm talking about myself in case someone out there didn't understand)
SIGH

I don’t see this as particularly suspicious but I know someone will and I can’t exactly fault them for that
"I know someone will"
but then ur the only one that talks about it.
Alright inform me of why scum!Noraa would choose to say this
oh btw that theory is really a stretch and proposing theories like that isn't that helpful in moving the game forward bc generally they're wrong
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”