CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:48 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

Mostly just a prod dodge cause I'm going to be busy all day

Still think we should spare. I think the math is actually slightly better because we can save two town and get a cop check, instead of only 2 cop checks at the end. Can write up a case on this later if anyone wants or not if everyone's sick of it

No strong opinions on the other issues. Redtea / suji is a hard lurker slot that has given me 0 to work with, tanner I still have as lean town from yesterday, his prickly paranoid conspiracy today fits what I'd expect from him although I really don't know much else about him
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:45 am

Post by Isis »

Spare Votecount 2.1
Hectic--------------------------

Chara---------------------------

Prism --------------------------

PookyTheMagicalBear -------

Morning Tweet----------------

Tayl0r Swift -------------------

Lavender ----------------------

Sujimichi--------------------------

Tanner -------------------------

CantLynchAPuppy-------------

Not sparing:
- (10) Hectic, Chara, Prism, PookyTheMagicalBear, Morning Tweet, Tayl0r Swift, Lavender, Sujimichi, Tanner, CantLynchAPuppy

Fight Votecount 2.0
Hectic--------------------------

Chara---------------------------

Prism --------------------------

PookyTheMagicalBear -------

Morning Tweet----------------

Tayl0r Swift -------------------

Lavender ----------------------

Sujimichi--------------------------
(3) Morning Tweet, Chara, Hectic
Tanner -------------------------

CantLynchAPuppy-------------
(1) Tanner
Not Fighting:
- (6) Prism, PookyTheMagicalBear, Tayl0r Swift, Lavender, Sujimichi, CantLynchAPuppy

Hectic saw the effort that Morning Tweet had started. He was too big to ride Sujimichi as a turtleboat, but liked the idea of several actors sailing down the river.
"YIP!"
Hectic slammed down onto the cave floor to make the earth shake, staggering Sujimichi's balance. But his tail also slapped the water, splashing everyone.
"Hey! I'm not waterproof! Am I? What are my features?" Nahdia exclaimed but then slipped into something pensive.
Sujimichi almost fell over, but right when it felt like he surely would, his tail pushed against the ground enough to stabilize him. It was a pleasant surprise for someone who didn't have a tail.
"Glub.."

It takes six to make a decision. The deadline is in (expired on 2020-09-28 02:00:24)
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:52 am

Post by Hectic »

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:53 am

Post by Hectic »

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:02 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 1225, CantHateAPuppy wrote:Still think we should spare. I think the math is actually slightly better because we can save two town and get a cop check, instead of only 2 cop checks at the end. Can write up a case on this later if anyone wants or not if everyone's sick of it
I don't see why it makes sense to spare - if anything losing to the chara is even more likely with the smaller player list on an absolute probability basis whereas even if we miss on hurt we will see Chara flip.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:53 am

Post by Hectic »

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:53 am

Post by Hectic »

Lavender
Lavender
Goon
Lavender
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:25 am

Post by Lavender »

This, I just realized this game gives me a kind of deja vu
Anyways, I'm not sure what route we're going for here. But I'm guessing we focus on fighting over sparing since we had a good start with fighting beeboy?

As for my reads...uhh readsss (つω`。)
Well, I think Hectic is definitely playing drastically different than as Marksman-scum.
I'm still somewhat biased against Tanner so my read on them being scummy might be faulty.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:53 am

Post by Prism »

What are some differences you notice between this Hectic and Marksman-scum, Lavender?

Trying to nail down what posts you find scummy from Tanner-even if you can't quite explain why-might also be a good start!
Lavender
Lavender
Goon
Lavender
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:01 pm

Post by Lavender »

Ignoring the Undertale text difference, there's just overall more quoting and words in general.
I feel like their tone is different as well, reading through both of the ISO's again the difference isn't that much, but they way they format everything is different different.
Which is why I felt they acted diffrently.
I said different about 5 times.

Anyway, for Tanner, probably this?
In post 1209, Tanner wrote: also also, if i am scum trying to misfight lavender, why do i kill catboi, who (1) is townreading me and (2) is the only other person who was listening to me there and voting with me?
There are many reasons as to why scum would kill someone who is townreading them you know.
One would be to use that as a defense like Tanner just did and to cement the fact that a town member has townread them.
Since they're dead, that townread will never change.

It just seems like something said to get the smoke off his back.

Well, I say this, but I'm not certain.
Then again I'm never certain.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:08 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1232, Lavender wrote:This, I just realized this game gives me a kind of deja vu
Anyways, I'm not sure what route we're going for here. But I'm guessing we focus on fighting over sparing since we had a good start with fighting beeboy?

As for my reads...uhh readsss (つω`。)
Well, I think Hectic is definitely playing drastically different than as Marksman-scum.
I'm still somewhat biased against Tanner so my read on them being scummy might be faulty.
this post made me tilt my head...

the reasoning for fighting is out there even if the conclusion is right. the reads arent actual reads. hectic is a bit of gut based on meta. tanner is ? meta? and thats it? no townreads? was hectic a townread? i almost dunno if scum would make that post because its so... weak. it isnt even fence sitty, its just disengaged.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:09 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

lavender how would you describe your town and scumgames? do you enjoy playing scum?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:19 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1225, CantHateAPuppy wrote:Mostly just a prod dodge cause I'm going to be busy all day

Still think we should spare. I think the math is actually slightly better because we can save two town and get a cop check, instead of only 2 cop checks at the end. Can write up a case on this later if anyone wants or not if everyone's sick of it

No strong opinions on the other issues. Redtea / suji is a hard lurker slot that has given me 0 to work with, tanner I still have as lean town from yesterday, his prickly paranoid conspiracy today fits what I'd expect from him although I really don't know much else about him
Shouldn't we just start sparing after Chara is dead if that is the case? Is there any reason to do it now rather than later?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:26 pm

Post by Prism »

The EV for sparing is much, MUCH worse than fighting to the end.

I punched EVs a few nights back. The EV for fights was 72.6%. The (overestimated) EV for spares was ~63.8%. In reality it is lower because I didn't correctly remember how Chara worked in a way that benefited town.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:28 pm

Post by Prism »

I can get a proper number for it if people insist but given that the upper bound is already significantly worse I'd rather not revisit to find the lower number.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:23 am

Post by Chara »

hey all, apologies for my absence yesterday. i'll be back to normal this evening.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:31 am

Post by Tanner »

i don't have much to say right now, since the slots that currently interest me kinda... aren't here.

lavender is still... well, lavender, but i don't know anymore. i hate that post, but it might be because they're cherry-picking one post from me (which i do still stand behind, i never kill catboi last night but self meta bad etc etc) and spinning it into something scummy while not engaging with anything else but hey. what do i know at this point.

the only thing that's genuinely bugging me at this point (since i'm gonna pretend i trust hectic's read there for the time being) is why *didn't* scum try to get lhf!town!lavender? especially since if Not Chara were to hardpush her through, they could do so without consequence. like, from my pov, the only two people to ever actually vote there were two town. was hectic really that convincing with that read?

also the fact that i also got 72.6% for genocide is making me regain faith in my math skills.
your eyes on the city.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:00 am

Post by Prism »

Being honest I'm swinging between extremely motivated and extremely unmotivated which is....pretty typical for me but I wish I could find a healthier medium. Half of me is really annoyed that I wasn't able to really solve the game on reread like I hoped. Half of me is really annoyed that for whatever reason I haven't been able to get more out of Lavender or Tayl0r.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:01 am

Post by Prism »

I'm not really onboard with the Sujimichi vote but they need to come play.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:07 am

Post by Prism »

I guess I should take a page from Tanner's book here. I can sit around waiting for someone to swoop in and say something that shines a heavenly light, dispersing the fog over this game, but I can also be an engine that helps us move forward. Taking 2/3 days off and giving others space did absolutely nothing for us.

I'm eager to hear more from Chara/Sujimichi, and Pooky too, but I've also got to put in the work and stay in gear.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:17 am

Please let me know what you want to know my thoughts on
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:21 am

Post by Prism »

It looks like you thought Tayl0r and Sujimichi were the most likely scum here based off of gut a few days ago. Do you still feel that way, and do you have any confident townreads?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:25 am

Post by Prism »

Also I literally keep saying "I can't wait to hear from Chara" and then either put off reading them or go "I don't really understand but this is fine" but one day. One day.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:27 am

in my re-read I like Suji more because Redtea seems to have trouble articulating his thoughts - making them less likely imo to be true thoughts - he had trouble explaining when asked simple things like "why?" for example.

I feel better about the people who were discussing mechanics with Elements during the beginning of the day 1 - none of the conversations felt very S/S but I don't have enough game history with them to make these TRs highly confident per se.

I'm going to re-read Catboi's ISO and re-read elements interactions again when I have time but I think a wagon on Suji has a decent chance of hitting red and if we miss the Chara will suicide and we will be down to 1 scum left over so it shouldn't be too bad.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:30 am

when I said I like suji more I meant as a elimination today - on re-read I realize that might not have been clear. I'd like to see more thoughts and engagement out of TS.

Another thought I had was that perhaps the scum-team does not have a very strong mechanical player for elements to expose himself like that? It is really strange the way he pushed for spares and then kind of faded into non-existence when it was clear that 4-spare was not going to be the plan going forward - I would think if there was such a mechanically strong player he would've persuaded his scum-mates that genocide was the only viable path forward.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”