Newbie 2031 - The Wild Hunt (End!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1-4

The Fairy Ring by George Cruikshank c1850

"A shepherd’s lad … saw the Tylwyth Teg [Welsh for “Fair Folk”]… dancing in a ring. He set out for the scene of revelry, and soon drew near the ring where, in a gay company of males and females, they were footing it to the music of the harp. Never had he seen such handsome people, nor any so enchantingly cheerful. They beckoned him with laughing faces to join them … Moved with the transports this seductive harmony produced in him, he stepped fully into the ring. He was no sooner in than he found himself in a palace glittering with gold and pearls. Every form of beauty surrounded him, and every variety of pleasure was offered him. He was made free to range whither he would, and his every movement was waited on by young women of the most matchless loveliness."

-- From a Middle Ages folk tale, recorded by Wirt Sikes in
British Goblins

A portal that takes the venturer straight to a mystical palace in a deep enchanted forest far from the known world -- to Feryland.

Satisfaction
(2): Mundivore, Egix96
ClarkBar
(2): Not Known 15, Bluebell
Redados
(1): Noraa
Noraa
(1): Redados
Bluebell
(1): ClarkBar
ArthurConyl
(1): Satisfaction
Not Known 15
(1): ArthurConyl

Not Voting
(0):
None.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Deadline: September 29, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2020-09-28 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Last edited by fferyllt on Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by Redados »

How to create an avatar for BlueBell or any future newbs:

First, select the picture you want to use as an avatar. This nice one has been created for you here. Save it onto your computer. I do this by right clicking the picture and saving it onto my computer.

Click "User Control Panel". Then select the tab "Profile". On the left there will be four options; click "Edit Avatar". There should be an option to choose a file from your computer; select this and pick out the picture that you saved from before!
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:30 pm

Post by Redados »

In post 71, Satisfaction wrote:VOTE: ArthurConyl It feels like you were fishing for support and then quickly backed down. Why post #35 and #37 at all if you are, as you said, 1) not suspicious and 2) giving me the benefit of the doubt?

Egix96, I'd like to hear what you think about what I am seeing as a backpedal by Arthur.
I'm not Egix, but I see it as content that moves the game forward, regardless as to whether it's perfect play. I think it's pro-town behavior to try and move the game out of RVS.
ArthurConyl
ArthurConyl
Goon
ArthurConyl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:10 pm

Post by ArthurConyl »

In post 71, Satisfaction wrote:VOTE: ArthurConyl It feels like you were fishing for support and then quickly backed down. Why post #35 and #37 at all if you are, as you said, 1) not suspicious and 2) giving me the benefit of the doubt?

Egix96, I'd like to hear what you think about what I am seeing as a backpedal by Arthur.
Just going to re-analyse this one again. Feel like this is probably the most red-flag post so far. I pretty clearly stated that I was trying to generate discussion and that I wasn't trying to start a wagon, especially with such a NAI post by Satisfaction. I said all that in:
ArthurConyl wrote:viewtopic.php?p=12147744#p12147744

@Munidvore

I mean it's fair enough for you for you to slightly-scumread me for that. I was trying to generate some discussion and definitely wouldn't want to start a wagon over that one NAI post.
So I'm not really sure why Satisfaction basically ignored my post explaining my reasoning. There's no way he could have missed it, that post is right above his post #71. So he's ignored my reasoning and voted for me because I'm "fishing for support" even though I explained why. To me it seems like Satisfaction is either a scum pushing for a wagon hard or a newb misreading posts. Either way he's at the top of my scum list. VOTE: Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:11 pm

Post by Satisfaction »

In post 74, ArthurConyl wrote:P.S. Why do you want to hear from Egix?
I’m happy to answer that, but I’d like to hear from Egix first if you don’t mind.
ArthurConyl
ArthurConyl
Goon
ArthurConyl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:20 pm

Post by ArthurConyl »

In post 79, Satisfaction wrote:
I’m happy to answer that, but I’d like to hear from Egix first if you don’t mind.
Hmf. I mean I'm happy to wait for Egix to answer, but why do you need him to answer before you can answer? A wee bit odd.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:54 pm

Post by Egix96 »

The thing is that, in 35/37, Arthur is stating in more direct terms what I was already implying. I do think, however, that if he were scum backpedalling, he wouldn't have just changed course because of a couple of posts by Noraa.
Bluebell
Bluebell
Townie
Bluebell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:53 am

Post by Bluebell »

In post 65, Satisfaction wrote:
In post 64, Noraa wrote:there's two people with no avatar >:(
this is gonna be a confusing game. I'm calling it
Bluebell, I made a thingy for you if you want it.

Thank you, Satisfaction. I am well contented with my new avatar content, and all are indeed satisfied having a visual referent. Name explained!
Bluebell
Bluebell
Townie
Bluebell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:55 am

Post by Bluebell »

In post 76, Redados wrote:How to create an avatar for BlueBell or any future newbs:

First, select the picture you want to use as an avatar. This nice one has been created for you here. Save it onto your computer. I do this by right clicking the picture and saving it onto my computer.

Click "User Control Panel". Then select the tab "Profile". On the left there will be four options; click "Edit Avatar". There should be an option to choose a file from your computer; select this and pick out the picture that you saved from before!
Thank you, Redados. You have started me sorting threads of this unfamiliar net and will help make it a means of support for me yet! Your alias pales as your deeds prevail.
Bluebell
Bluebell
Townie
Bluebell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:58 am

Post by Bluebell »

In post 76, Redados wrote:How to create an avatar for BlueBell or any future newbs:

Thank you, Redados. You have started me sorting threads of this unfamiliar net and will help make it a means of support for me yet! Your alias pales as your deeds prevail.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:54 am

Post by Redados »

In post 84, Bluebell wrote:Thank you, Redados. You have started me sorting threads of this unfamiliar net and will help make it a means of support for me yet! Your alias pales as your deeds prevail.
You're welcome! This is a game for beginners to learn stuff etc so if you have any questions you can ask them!
In post 69, ArthurConyl wrote:
In post 68, ClarkBar wrote:
Thanks for asking!

NAI. In my first game I said I was the most town that town had ever been town. And I was telling the truth, but of course I might not have been. I will say without doing any meta or anything that drawing attention to ones alignment apropos of nothing isn't a move I've seen scum do in newbie games. They typically (in my experience) do LAMIST stuff, or even more typically, get early pressure and flake.

Not worth a vote, but worth discussing.
I think you've just summed up what happened to me in my first two games, only I was town.
This, uh, jogged my memory. I read Newbie 2014. I hope that you have learned from that game haha
ArthurConyl
ArthurConyl
Goon
ArthurConyl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:10 am

Post by ArthurConyl »

Hehe, we don't talk about that game.
Spoiler:
I self-hammered. :neutral:
What I kind of got out of it was that people, even me, tend to overread small things. We ended up lynching townies because of it. Probably the biggest lesson from those games was to look at the bigger picture when reading someone and also don't act
too
weirdly on D1, because you'll get lynched.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:48 am

Post by Redados »

In post 86, ArthurConyl wrote:Hehe, we don't talk about that game.
Spoiler:
I self-hammered. :neutral:
What I kind of got out of it was that people, even me, tend to overread small things. We ended up lynching townies because of it. Probably the biggest lesson from those games was to look at the bigger picture when reading someone and also don't act
too
weirdly on D1, because you'll get lynched.
What I learned from reading that game is that it's okay to be scumread and you (generally, not just you ArthurConyl) shouldn't freak out if you get scumread. Everyone is going to get scumread at some point during a game, and it's not healthy to get defensive or upset when that happens. Just keep posting and trying to solve the game. Eventually your towniness will become apparent.
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:58 am

Post by Satisfaction »

In post 80, ArthurConyl wrote:
In post 79, Satisfaction wrote:
Hmf. I mean I'm happy to wait for Egix to answer, but why do you need him to answer before you can answer? A wee bit odd.
I wanted to wait because I don't think Egix actually finds my intro to be scummy. I was waiting to see if he would say that himself. I thought he was scumhunting. After his response, I feel less confident in that assessment.
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:01 am

Post by Satisfaction »

To be clear, by scumhunting in this context I mean that I thought his (unpopular) claim and early exit from RVS were bait and not a genuine belief.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:38 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 78, ArthurConyl wrote:

Just going to re-analyse this one again. Feel like this is probably the most red-flag post so far. I pretty clearly stated that I was trying to generate discussion and that I wasn't trying to start a wagon, especially with such a NAI post by Satisfaction. I said all that in:

@Munidvore

I mean it's fair enough for you for you to slightly-scumread me for that. I was trying to generate some discussion and definitely wouldn't want to start a wagon over that one NAI post.
So I'm not really sure why Satisfaction basically ignored my post explaining my reasoning. There's no way he could have missed it, that post is right above his post #71. So he's ignored my reasoning and voted for me because I'm "fishing for support" even though I explained why. To me it seems like Satisfaction is either a scum pushing for a wagon hard or a newb misreading posts. Either way he's at the top of my scum list. VOTE: Satisfaction
VOTE: Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:01 am

Post by Satisfaction »

In post 78, ArthurConyl wrote:he's ignored my reasoning
I didn't ignore it, I just think you might be lying.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:10 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 90, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 78, ArthurConyl wrote:

@Munidvore

VOTE: Satisfaction
Dude you better explain ur vote otherwise ur getting mine
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
ArthurConyl
ArthurConyl
Goon
ArthurConyl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:36 am

Post by ArthurConyl »

Hooold up there,
@Not Known 15.

You've probably just done the scummiest thing yet in this game. Please explain why I shouldn't transfer my vote to you. You put Satisfaction at E-1 and not even a reason? You're practically begging to be scumread.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:45 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 93, ArthurConyl wrote:Hooold up there,
@Not Known 15.

You've probably just done the scummiest thing yet in this game. Please explain why I shouldn't transfer my vote to you. You put Satisfaction at E-1 and not even a reason? You're practically begging to be scumread.
I agree but u don't seem much less scummy tbh. At this point in time it just seems like ur trying really hard to start all the wagons so you can make sure ur partner and u r safe
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:11 am

Post by Satisfaction »

@Not Known 15.

Interesting. So E-1 is significant, but not enough to unvote?
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:16 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

@Not Known 15.

Oh, I am an idiot for not counting votes.
Regardless, I sheeped the quoted section. Please also remember what I said earlier:
In post 54, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 52, Mundivore wrote:
In post 50, Redados wrote:
In post 35, ArthurConyl wrote:
In post 7, Satisfaction wrote:Hello. My name is Satisfaction and I am town-aligned. Good luck and have fun.

@Clark I just finished reading Space. Tough break. Is there anything you wish you would have done differently in that game?

VOTE: Bluebell For Feryland!
That sounds a bit robotic/awkward to me. This is Satisfaction's first game, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Does sound like it could be a noob scum, I'd be suspicious if it wasn't his first game.
Mundivore, what are your thoughts on this?
Totally NAI. I don't think a person who would say 'I am town aligned' in their first post as scum
wouldn't
say it if they were town.

Personally, I find this post is more AI to Arthur than it is Satisfaction. Maybe feels like fishing for an easy wagon. Very weak though. Measuring scummieness versus townieness on a scale from -100 to 100, I'd say I currently put Arthur at -2.
It is a bit awkward, but it is not a good idea to wagon someone who exhibits this behaviour unless you catch other scummy behaviour.
So yes, Satisfaction is at E-1. Sorry.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:27 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 96, Not Known 15 wrote:
@Not Known 15.

Oh, I am an idiot for not counting votes.
Regardless, I sheeped the quoted section. Please also remember what I said earlier:
In post 54, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 52, Mundivore wrote:
In post 50, Redados wrote:
In post 35, ArthurConyl wrote:
In post 7, Satisfaction wrote:Hello. My name is Satisfaction and I am town-aligned. Good luck and have fun.

@Clark I just finished reading Space. Tough break. Is there anything you wish you would have done differently in that game?

VOTE: Bluebell For Feryland!
That sounds a bit robotic/awkward to me. This is Satisfaction's first game, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Does sound like it could be a noob scum, I'd be suspicious if it wasn't his first game.
Mundivore, what are your thoughts on this?
Totally NAI. I don't think a person who would say 'I am town aligned' in their first post as scum
wouldn't
say it if they were town.

Personally, I find this post is more AI to Arthur than it is Satisfaction. Maybe feels like fishing for an easy wagon. Very weak though. Measuring scummieness versus townieness on a scale from -100 to 100, I'd say I currently put Arthur at -2.
It is a bit awkward, but it is not a good idea to wagon someone who exhibits this behaviour unless you catch other scummy behaviour.
So yes, Satisfaction is at E-1. Sorry.
this is a lil scummy but far less scummy than Arthur now that I think of it
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:30 am

Post by Satisfaction »

On the off chance that a wild hammer slips in and I don't get the chance to share, here are all of my notes as of right now:

Noraa (Neutral-town feels. Buddying me or teamwork?)
36: Defends me / dismisses suspicion. Reasonable, townish.
92: Presses Not Known when he votes for me with no comment. Townish, hunting.

Mundivore (low participation)
52: Says what I was thinking re: Arthur suspicion. Pings town, but could be mafia pulling a string.

Bluebell --- no substantive contribution by page 3 (but came in late)
84: she's rhyming, which is fun, but not contributing on page 4

Redados (town or smart scum)
44: "practically everything in RVS is NAI" -- agreed
50: presses Mundivore to weigh in on my intro (hunting or performative towniness)
63: direct, succinct answer to my weak probe. No attitude or defensiveness. Pings town.

ArthurConyl (no read, might be noob scum)
35: Weakly agrees with Egix's weak push on me.
40: Backs down quickly when challenged by Noraa. Testing waters or changing mind?
78: Tries to defend himself. Maybe flustered, maybe floundering to cover backpedal. Read meta.
93: Reacts to Not Known's silent E-1 vote on me. Says he is "begging to be scumread." Does not remove his own vote, leaves me at E-1. Pings scum.

Egix96 (SE) (lurking)
33: First non RVS comment of the game + vote. Page 2. Makes weak poke at me. Hunting?
81: Confirms that his initial vote was supposedly serious. Dismisses backpedaling theory in support of Arthur. Mildly pings scum. Read meta.

ClarkBar (SE) --- no substantive contribution by page 4 (working over the weekend)

Not Known 15 (SE) (mild town, need more)
54: Goes out of his way to weigh in on my intro issue without being pressed directly. Pings town.
90: Votes for me based on Artur's pushback. Only quotes, no comment. I think this is town applying pressure. Buuuut claims to not know the vote count. That seems cavalier but not necessarily scummy.
Mundivore
Mundivore
Goon
Mundivore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:41 am

Post by Mundivore »

I think there's at least a 25% chance that both the scum are in this current wagon. It came together really quickly and in my experience scum doesn't usually like to hammer.

Further, I think that in the world that both scum are already on the wagon, it's probably Egix and Arthur about 45% of the time versus Egix and Not Known about 40% of the time.

Some scum-team analysis: I think that Satisfaction/Not Known is an impossible scum team. If one is scum, the other is town. I think that Arthur and Not Known are a very unlikely scum team: Not Known is in the SE slot and probably wouldn't sheep their scumbuddy so readily.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”