Mini 2167: Illicit Substances Mafia (Game Over!)

morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Somebody set up us the town

Bell - the easy, almost free-association posting at the start of the game felt really town to both of us. Followed by an insane number of "thinking what we're thinking when we're thinking it" moments. Like more than I've ever run into with an unknown player before. When he gets down into the reasoning behind those moments, we find that reasoning solid and consistent.

midwaybear - this is primarily a meta dive read and we're not interested in giving him a roadmap of the differences in his town and scum play. Subtracting that stuff out, the things that stand out are the in-the-moment nitpickiness, grabbing at strings and yanking them to see where they go.

Are you a bad enough dude to town read the president?

The Bulge- This read is almost strong enough to go into the next tier up, but we need to see more from him. It's similar to our Bell read, but not as frequent posting has meant a lot fewer "thinking what we're thinking" moments, but the few we've seen were salient, and near instantaneous with our own reactions. Ffery is aware that this kind of read doesn't always pan out, but she still likes them when they happen

PlusJoy - This read took a lot of questioning to understand his approach to mafia. Given that approach his play is pretty consistent and understandable.

Your townread might be in another castle

something_smart - He's moved up considerably for ffery from when we were poking at him earlier in the game. she really likes that he asked for a point of discussion, and that since that interaction he's been more stuck in the game, if that makes sense

Prism - Ffery did some hard-buddying, and she likes the echoes of cautious wtf that she got back. Need a better understanding of how they're processing the game.

I wish to high hell that we could townread these players but we can't yet

Giffybork- GiF was hitting the tonal stuff beautifully while he was here this morning, but there was no hard analytical edge or squinty eyes in ffery's direction and that worries her a little. Yeah we were all still having fun, but there was stuff to react to and it didn't happen. Bork in a lot of ways is oozing town. ffery is grumpy about lines of questioning getting tromped (not just at bork) and knows she shouldn't be taking it personally but she is. On pure objective grounds Remilia should be higher. ffery has liked bork's recent questions, especially his trying to nail us down on a zmuffin read. that's classic townbork and the beauty of it is that he doesn't really show his hand in terms of using that info to form a read of us. ffery's always surprised to find out she was being weighed in the balance. It's less surprising when she's doing some weighing herself.

Muffin - We're not going to try to read here yet. Cooldown needs to happen because ffery is all over the place about zmuffin's push.

Tunneling the Tunnel

Secret Tunnels - not townreading here. it's probably not fair to expect our games to pick up right where they left off, but that's where ffery is at. If you guys are town it's going to take a different way of processing your play for me to see it.

Leftovers for dinner

The rest of you lot. Special shout out to Alisae for avoiding game thread or something. Maria's fate will be tied to mine yet again this game, so sorting her is a whenever sort of thing.
Secret Tunnel
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by Secret Tunnel »

Even if we aren’t working together you realize you guys have come to the same strongest townreads I have, right.

But flip their levels of strength for me(bulge joyed over the other two)
Secret Tunnel
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:14 pm

Post by Secret Tunnel »

Wasn’t one of you calling my reads on those four wrong earlier too?

I agree re S_S. I don’t really remember prisms posting so I need to revisit it.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:15 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 802, Secret Tunnel wrote:Wasn’t one of you calling my reads on those four wrong earlier too?

I agree re S_S. I don’t really remember prisms posting so I need to revisit it.
Neuterhalf called your muffin read ass. It was one of three.
Secret Tunnel
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:17 pm

Post by Secret Tunnel »

In post 299, morph the cat wrote:
In post 297, Secret Tunnel wrote:Bulge is town

Vote on me is boring
50% is not a passing grade, either.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 801, Secret Tunnel wrote:Even if we aren’t working together you realize you guys have come to the same strongest townreads I have, right.

But flip their levels of strength for me(bulge joyed over the other two)
No I didn't realize that. I'm still trying to get my head into the current gamestate. I have never gotten so out of phase with a game in my life as I have the last few hours. I haven't seen anything at all I dislike so far from Bulge, and I see that he's posted a lot more since the read formed. My main hold back was just needing to have a better feel for where his head is in the game. I think the info is there now, but I haven't absorbed it all yet.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 804, Secret Tunnel wrote:
In post 299, morph the cat wrote:
In post 297, Secret Tunnel wrote:Bulge is town

Vote on me is boring
50% is not a passing grade, either.
Vote on you is extremely NOT boring!
Secret Tunnel
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:19 pm

Post by Secret Tunnel »

Ohhhhhh I thought you were saying of the four reads you disagreed with two
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:26 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 807, Secret Tunnel wrote:Ohhhhhh I thought you were saying of the four reads you disagreed with two
Let's start with this. Why are you townreading us?
Secret Tunnel
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:31 pm

Post by Secret Tunnel »

I liked fferys interactions with me and I think it makes sense to be confused why the interactions not the same even if I do think it’s a bit of an over expectation. I don’t think your play this game would hinge on pocketing someone just as likely to be overly paranoid of you by making me work for my townread

I also don’t think you had to back off when you did?

But I can also see bulges and muffins POV and they are on the outside lookin in so that’s kinda irking me a little bit
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:31 pm

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 800, morph the cat wrote:
Somebody set up us the town

Bell - the easy, almost free-association posting at the start of the game felt really town to both of us. Followed by an insane number of "thinking what we're thinking when we're thinking it" moments. Like more than I've ever run into with an unknown player before. When he gets down into the reasoning behind those moments, we find that reasoning solid and consistent.

midwaybear - this is primarily a meta dive read and we're not interested in giving him a roadmap of the differences in his town and scum play. Subtracting that stuff out, the things that stand out are the in-the-moment nitpickiness, grabbing at strings and yanking them to see where they go.

Are you a bad enough dude to town read the president?

The Bulge- This read is almost strong enough to go into the next tier up, but we need to see more from him. It's similar to our Bell read, but not as frequent posting has meant a lot fewer "thinking what we're thinking" moments, but the few we've seen were salient, and near instantaneous with our own reactions. Ffery is aware that this kind of read doesn't always pan out, but she still likes them when they happen

PlusJoy - This read took a lot of questioning to understand his approach to mafia. Given that approach his play is pretty consistent and understandable.

Your townread might be in another castle

something_smart - He's moved up considerably for ffery from when we were poking at him earlier in the game. she really likes that he asked for a point of discussion, and that since that interaction he's been more stuck in the game, if that makes sense

Prism - Ffery did some hard-buddying, and she likes the echoes of cautious wtf that she got back. Need a better understanding of how they're processing the game.

I wish to high hell that we could townread these players but we can't yet

Giffybork- GiF was hitting the tonal stuff beautifully while he was here this morning, but there was no hard analytical edge or squinty eyes in ffery's direction and that worries her a little. Yeah we were all still having fun, but there was stuff to react to and it didn't happen. Bork in a lot of ways is oozing town. ffery is grumpy about lines of questioning getting tromped (not just at bork) and knows she shouldn't be taking it personally but she is. On pure objective grounds Remilia should be higher. ffery has liked bork's recent questions, especially his trying to nail us down on a zmuffin read. that's classic townbork and the beauty of it is that he doesn't really show his hand in terms of using that info to form a read of us. ffery's always surprised to find out she was being weighed in the balance. It's less surprising when she's doing some weighing herself.

Muffin - We're not going to try to read here yet. Cooldown needs to happen because ffery is all over the place about zmuffin's push.

Tunneling the Tunnel

Secret Tunnels - not townreading here. it's probably not fair to expect our games to pick up right where they left off, but that's where ffery is at. If you guys are town it's going to take a different way of processing your play for me to see it.

Leftovers for dinner

The rest of you lot. Special shout out to Alisae for avoiding game thread or something. Maria's fate will be tied to mine yet again this game, so sorting her is a whenever sort of thing.
i love readlists, nice job
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

Why am i not on the reads paragraphs?
Time Is Money, Money Is Power, Power Is Pizza, Pizza is Knowledge
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Regarding our readslist, I think the data is here in the thread to get more solid on the Bulge. I can't be in the moment and in catchup mode simultaneously, and in the moment is shinier right now.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 809, Secret Tunnel wrote:I liked fferys interactions with me and I think it makes sense to be confused why the interactions not the same even if I do think it’s a bit of an over expectation. I don’t think your play this game would hinge on pocketing someone just as likely to be overly paranoid of you by making me work for my townread

I also don’t think you had to back off when you did?

But I can also see bulges and muffins POV and they are on the outside lookin in so that’s kinda irking me a little bit
I absolutely didn't have to back off. I meant what I said.

Do you have thoughts on the players we've left off our reads list for now?
Secret Tunnel
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by Secret Tunnel »

Maria feels different than I expected but I’m not sure it’s scum indicative.

I don’t know how I feel about Ludgate because it started as a bunch of bragging and my eyes have glazed over their posts so they’re probably due for a look over in the morning

Alisae as a nonentity is concerning as well but I’m willing to give the benefit of the doubt
Secret Tunnel
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by Secret Tunnel »

I think I might be going too easy on some people.

Hm.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Maria's different in what way?
Secret Tunnel
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:51 pm

Post by Secret Tunnel »

She was more present than I expected? She seemed much more of a later in the game engager in our finished micro. But I’m by no means an expert on reading her so I’m not really shoving it super hard and leaving her be for a bit
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:54 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Pretty sure I've only played with her as a hydra. Cabd has at least one game with her, but the only one I know about was a secret alt game. She claims to play differently as a hydra. Was that a game on her main account?
Secret Tunnel
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:57 pm

Post by Secret Tunnel »

Yeah it was 8p lovers.
Secret Tunnel
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:02 pm

Post by Secret Tunnel »

And maybe it’s because she was doing more things in her PT than main thread. I need to go revisit.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:09 pm

Post by morph the cat »

I'm probably crashing soon.

I'm out of questions for now. Thanks for taking the time tonight.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:33 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 774, morph the cat wrote:for convenience AND
amusement
you say that now. but i feel like anyone who has any knowledge of how i abuse PTs wouldn't (or shouldn't) say that. at first, maybe, but if ever i don't leave a mod feeling like they want to put themselves out of their misery, i haven't done my job in a PT
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:03 pm

Post by Alisae »

Wait this game started?
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae