Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

If you start showing that it’s making a difference then I’ll actually want to explain
I’ll keep trying but I won’t go to great lengths like I was doing before
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by Ythan »

It did make a difference, your answers when I asked why you voted Nora turned you from a null read to a scum one.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by Ythan »

"go to great lengths"

To what say why you placed a vote?
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:42 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 473, Gamma Emerald wrote: I didn’t realize that was something that warranted a reply? It just seems like you don’t and won’t agree with me at that point. Previous interactions with you haven’t really given me any faith in how willing you are to listen to me either. And I don’t think it’s fair to say I’m going after “easy yeetbait” when Reck’s like, the only other person I recall suspecting her like I have, and I’m the only one voting her. Seems a bit like she’s playing the victim here.
Also, I don’t think marathon games are a good barometer for forum mafia skill. I know someone who was actually very strong in the marathon format but not as much when trying out forum mafia.

Side note, why is everyone suspecting Ythan? I don’t exactly see it, and it seems like it could be regarding playstyle but maybe I am missing something. Because the way he’s constantly asking about what I’m saying with no sign of actually attempt to process it is getting old, and is something I could see as a scum move.
I'm not playing victim. All I said was that its possible you were setting me up as limbait which duh it's possible. It seems to me more like we have an overly defensive scum!gamma here but I don't have a strong SR quite yet. The uh next part doesn't make sense unless you typoed and meant to say "Why isn't everyone suspecting ...."
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:44 pm

Post by Ythan »

I suspect he wants to hop on now that Haschel's voted me but doesn't want to give us whiplash so he's playing it down.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by Ythan »

He's suggesting that "everyone" it's suspecting me and that, while he doesn't really see it, maybe he's missing something so he can sway to vote me even though he knows how it'll turn out.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 479, Ythan wrote:I suspect he wants to hop on now that Haschel's voted me but doesn't want to give us whiplash so he's playing it down.
Basically you think he's gonna give ur wagon a push and then blame Haschel since Haschel started the wagon right?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:52 pm

Post by Ythan »

More just hide behind the stuff I referenced in 480.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:54 pm

Post by Noraa »

I see a point here. He wants to make sure no one traces it back to him. Doesn't want to take responsibility for a mislim that he saw hope in. Smart scum move.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:54 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 477, Ythan wrote:"go to great lengths"

To what say why you placed a vote?
I meant regarding the NK TMI cracktheory
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:56 pm

Post by Noraa »

I'm off to bed for the night. Gamma you've caught my full attention. Congrats now u definitely won't be left out of the day 2 limpool on my end :D
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:01 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 476, Ythan wrote:It did make a difference, your answers when I asked why you voted Nora turned you from a null read to a scum one.
In post 478, Noraa wrote:
In post 473, Gamma Emerald wrote: I didn’t realize that was something that warranted a reply? It just seems like you don’t and won’t agree with me at that point. Previous interactions with you haven’t really given me any faith in how willing you are to listen to me either. And I don’t think it’s fair to say I’m going after “easy yeetbait” when Reck’s like, the only other person I recall suspecting her like I have, and I’m the only one voting her. Seems a bit like she’s playing the victim here.
Also, I don’t think marathon games are a good barometer for forum mafia skill. I know someone who was actually very strong in the marathon format but not as much when trying out forum mafia.

Side note, why is everyone suspecting Ythan? I don’t exactly see it, and it seems like it could be regarding playstyle but maybe I am missing something. Because the way he’s constantly asking about what I’m saying with no sign of actually attempt to process it is getting old, and is something I could see as a scum move.
I'm not playing victim. All I said was that its possible you were setting me up as limbait which duh it's possible. It seems to me more like we have an overly defensive scum!gamma here but I don't have a strong SR quite yet. The uh next part doesn't make sense unless you typoed and meant to say "Why isn't everyone suspecting ...."
I hate to go back on myself like this, but that post when considered with you saying you were yeetbait before seems like you’re using that as a crutch to not have to actually defend yourself, instead trying to make me the bad guy.
Also don’t call me overdefensive after you read the complete opposite intent of one of my posts that was saying something you posted wasn’t scummy, albeit I’m thinking the reverse of that now, but only after further evidence.

As for the Ythan portion I recalled a few people suggesting Ythan as scum, and I’m just concerned because while my hunch is it’s all playstyle-related, I’ve also not been impressed by Ythan myself so I’m interested in hearing them out.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:02 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 485, Noraa wrote:I'm off to bed for the night. Gamma you've caught my full attention. Congrats now u definitely won't be left out of the day 2 limpool on my end :D
Oh what a nightmare!
<Embrace The Void>

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:02 pm

Post by Ythan »

I'm struggling to read Nora so Gamma I'm sincerely willing to listen if you wanna explain that vote a little more.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:19 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 349, Noraa wrote:
In post 336, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 277, Noraa wrote:Shit went down while I was eating dinner eh? I have some other stuff to do and might post some stuff on this later today. AGar nice limpool. Newbies are always good lynchbait as far as I'm concerned ^^
In post 278, Noraa wrote:(I'm talking about myself in case someone out there didn't understand)
SIGH

I don’t see this as particularly suspicious but I know someone will and I can’t exactly fault them for that
"I know someone will"
but then ur the only one that talks about it.
Alright inform me of why scum!Noraa would choose to say this
oh btw that theory is really a stretch and proposing theories like that isn't that helpful in moving the game forward bc generally they're wrong
I EXPLICITLY said “I don’t think this is really scummy” and yet Noraa is acting like I do. It looks to me like she barely if at all read my post, and got riled up about me calling her out (tangential, but the original thought was I’ve seen people push others that have called themselves yeetbait, Id never seen the actual logic ever quantified but I’d assume it’s that victim card I just called out, I don’t think that’s a strong enough point without further evidence so I don’t think someone just calling themselves yeetbait is scummy without further indication there was some scum motivation to it). In addition BSkies pointed out a forced town vibe I also kinda picked up. The part about “proposing likely wrong theories being unhelpful” while potentially true, it feels shoehorned in there to the point it looks like scum trying to go “yup upstanding Townie here saying upstanding Townie thing”
In post 236, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 232, Noraa wrote:
In post 229, Untrod Tripod wrote:would. you. care. to. elaborate. on. your. scumread. on. reck?
IIoa and their tone seems ... idk the best I can describe it is fake. just some gut scum pings that are getting me a SR
real quick -- show me what posts I've made that are IIOA

Bonus challenge: you may not use the giant post I made explaining the origins of Sunny that was specifically requested by multiple people in this game.
In post 237, Noraa wrote:There wasn't any other IIoa. That reason was thrown in. The main reason is just the tone is off. It doesn't particularly matter tbh. If ur scum, I'm sure I'll see more problems soon enough. If ur not, then my gut's wrong. I think I haven't heard even close to as much as I would like to hear from just about everyone here to really put some good reads together so I will be waiting a bit before voting and putting a full on read together.
Now to move to this point. Noraa gave the initial reasoning for suspecting Reck of “IIoA and tone”. Upon Reck questioning the IIoA point and cutting out the obvious wall of flavor background that was solicited, Noraa backpedals about that point, saying it was “thrown in”, and proceeds to write a full paragraph that amounts to what looks like acknowledging the fact the Reck read was unfounded, what with the “if I’m right Im sure I’ll see more to indicate that”. That tells me Noraa is perfectly fine trying to have a read be retroactively justified.
<Embrace The Void>

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:29 pm

Post by Ythan »

Hey nice thanks.

The first chunk just feels newbie to me. The second just feels like a soft early game read. I still don't really agree but I appreciate the elaboration.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by Ythan »

She feels easily swayed is the thing that gives me pause but that too is potentially just a newbie thing.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:27 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

ive skimmed and if anything's important ask me questions

VOTE: nora
green shirt thursdays
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:49 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 398, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 349, Noraa wrote:
In post 336, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 277, Noraa wrote:Shit went down while I was eating dinner eh? I have some other stuff to do and might post some stuff on this later today. AGar nice limpool. Newbies are always good lynchbait as far as I'm concerned ^^
In post 278, Noraa wrote:(I'm talking about myself in case someone out there didn't understand)
SIGH

I don’t see this as particularly suspicious but I know someone will and I can’t exactly fault them for that
"I know someone will"
but then ur the only one that talks about it.
Alright inform me of why scum!Noraa would choose to say this
oh btw that theory is really a stretch and proposing theories like that isn't that helpful in moving the game forward bc generally they're wrong
I’m sorry I thought at least one of these fogies would jump at that upon seeing it
In the past I’ve seen people utter the idea that calling yourself yeetbait is scummy. It’s not, and that mindset also probably is closely related to the idea that yeetbait cannot be scum, which is also false. Yeetbait just means you’re an easy target, essentially the same as LHF. Sometimes scum is just obviously suspicious.
I don't understand why you thought it necessary to reply to this post twice...
I'm not exactly "easy to sway" but my opinions and reads do change if I think it's a reasonable change. For example Reck, my slight SR there wasn't particularly strong in the first place and it was so early in the game that I felt it was reasonable to drop it.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:21 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 492, xRECKONERx wrote:ive skimmed and if anything's important ask me questions

What were your takeaways from skimming?

What do you think of AGar?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:41 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 430, VP Baltar wrote:Hey UT, should we yeet on or off the chkflip wagon today?
allow me to give you a very unsatisfying answer:

based solely on yesterday's play: on-wagon
based solely on today's play: off-wagon
brighteningskies
brighteningskies
Goon
brighteningskies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:28 am

Post by brighteningskies »

I'm struggling to read a lot of y'all through the grumpiness. Yknow I think sometimes y'all could benefit from taking a breath before replying.

Anyway,
I'm inclined towards voting off wagon now personally because it feels like we aren't getting anywhere new anymore with discussing the wagon. Haschel is firmly stands by his hammer and for reasons I somewhat understand even if I don't agree. Everyone else seems to have some sort of reasoning for voting ckflip and while I don't necessarily agree with all of the reasoning I'm not sure if there are many scum pings from the answers.
Wenn Sie dies lesen, sind Sie zu nah
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:44 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 494, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 492, xRECKONERx wrote:ive skimmed and if anything's important ask me questions

What were your takeaways from skimming?

What do you think of AGar?
my takeaways were that ythan was needling people and being a dick
gamma emerald looks pretty townbait to me

agar looks fine to me. 293 is the towniest post he's made this game, and it's what reminded me to actually vote nora
also the other read he offers on drp apropros of nothing (he wasnt being questioned) seems like a town motivated action

town pile would be me, you, ut, agar, gamma right now

ythan, skies are null (need to read more tbh)

some varying degree of slight scum to full scum would be tn, dr pepper, nora, and haschel
(not necessarily in that order)

id prefer to yeet from OFF the wagon today as ive already said which would remove haschel from the pool but leave the other three
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:45 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

and now looking at that town pile it would be the most slam dunk best most favorite dream team of all time which means one of you fucks is probably in my blind spot but ill worry about that later and enjoy the magic for now
green shirt thursdays
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:47 am

Post by Ythan »

Saved you a seat on the Doctor Pepper wagon if you want company.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”