DoctorPepper [X-5]
AGar
tn5421 [X-4]
VP Baltar, Ythan
Ythan [X-5]
Haschel Cedricson
Not Voting [3]
brighteningskies, Noraa, DoctorPepper

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to vote a player out.

Deadline is on Saturday, October 3, at 11am EDT, in (expired on 2020-10-03 11:00:00).

DoctorPepper is on V/LA through Friday (tomorrow).

Prodding Haschel Cedricson.
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:29 am

Post by Noraa »

It would've been kinda funny if mod went thru all the trouble to get page top and someone posted a hot second before him and he ended up not getting page top.
this is a bit random but eh im bored and bored times call for random thoughts
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:40 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Prod acknowledged, will post after work.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Mafia Scum
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:42 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 551, Noraa wrote:It would've been kinda funny if mod went thru all the trouble to get page top and someone posted a hot second before him and he ended up not getting page top.
I can delete posts in this thread so I would just have deleted one of the Sunnys!

(profile pic by datisi)
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:43 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 553, D3f3nd3r wrote:
In post 551, Noraa wrote:It would've been kinda funny if mod went thru all the trouble to get page top and someone posted a hot second before him and he ended up not getting page top.
I can delete posts in this thread so I would just have deleted one of the Sunnys!
oh nu fun! <.<
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:53 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Hey skies,you gonna vote someone?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
brighteningskies
brighteningskies
Goon
brighteningskies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:20 am

Post by brighteningskies »

Sorry for inactivity, sprained my ankle and had crazy few days.
Currently reading stuff to catch up :D
Wenn Sie dies lesen, sind Sie zu nah
brighteningskies
brighteningskies
Goon
brighteningskies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:41 am

Eh, two wagons hm.
Noraa vs Tn5421 I'd rather rather go with Noraa because I haven't had enough from tn to decide either way and I did get some scumreads from Noraa. Ehhhh VOTE: Noraa

Gamma is as previously a bit cagey when replying but that could just be a Gamma thing rather than a scum thing theoretically, I'll hold my judgement for now.
Reck seems a bit prone to going with what's been said but to be fair the target was Noraa who previously scumread him so possibly not much there.
VP is again a bit of a leader, not sure how I feel about it but I did get townreads from him earlier. Hopefully a town leader then.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:48 am

Post by Noraa »

Besides agreeabilty and some random shit on the literal second post I posted after replacing in, does anyone have any actual reasons for a SR on me?
I'd like to question how sure anyone is on my alignment bc it just seems to me like no one has a single satisfactory reason besides Ythan and kinda Agar. The funny thing is that they are the only ones that have sussed me that seem like they r trying to solve for town and they are both not on my wagon.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:55 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

my actual reason is "you faked a scumread on me and then immediately backed down when pushed even a tiny amount"

how exactly SHOULD someone read someone who claims a scumread then fails to defend it and OPENLY admits it was made up??
green shirt thursdays
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:55 am

In post 558, Noraa wrote:...seems to me like no one has a single satisfactory reason besides Ythan and kinda Agar.
What reasons are those?
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:05 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 232, Noraa wrote:
In post 229, Untrod Tripod wrote:would. you. care. to. elaborate. on. your. scumread. on. reck?
IIoa and their tone seems ... idk the best I can describe it is fake. just some gut scum pings that are getting me a SR
In post 237, Noraa wrote:There wasn't any other IIoa. That reason was thrown in. The main reason is just the tone is off. It doesn't particularly matter tbh. If ur scum, I'm sure I'll see more problems soon enough. If ur not, then my gut's wrong. I think I haven't heard even close to as much as I would like to hear from just about everyone here to really put some good reads together so I will be waiting a bit before voting and putting a full on read together.
In post 310, Noraa wrote:
In post 293, AGar wrote:
In post 291, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 270, AGar wrote:We should yeet from {DrPepper/Noraa/Tn}
Why noraa over someone like Ythan?
I'll always prioritize active behavior that I find scummy over passive behavior. Noraa's entrance wrt IIoA reeks of "Oh hey, I found something I can whip together a stance on that's bound to be bulletproof! Let's roll!" because absent context, Reck's post *was* a waste and IIoA. But it's obv not because of context of the game. Ythan is being what I remember Ythan being and while it's not particularly *helpful*, I'm also generally loathe to just go "Well he's posting minimally and not doing super town things, yeet him" when there's other players who are actively doing things that I find to be advancing a scum wincon.

Aaand since I've talked more about the other two players than the one I'm voting:
DrPepper I find a bit more dangerous because he's trying to turn powerlurking D1 into "I now have a stance that the wagon on Day 1 was
bad
." Like we all can use our goddamned eyes and see the chk wagon was bad with the hindsight of a flip. Posturing your D2 play around broadly taking down the wagon because the D1 flip was town is an easy way to blend in and look town while not having to actively really do any heavy lifting. The takes are prefabricated for you, you can't be wrong on them.
I don't agree with this read on me. I read thru the thread and the only two players that had even the slightest scummy vibes, I pointed out. I agree my use of the term IIoa on Reck's post wasn't the hottest but I also said in one of my first posts that I wasn't sure if it was considered IIoa since it was so early in the game. The second person that I sussed was Ythan. I think my slight SR on him is reasonable. His playstyle is a little bit scummy and although my posts often aren't too helpful, I feel his contain more or less the same amount of content as mine. I do not recognize anyone from this list of players so I can't tell what is a scum tell and what is just pure play style. Besides my catch up is there anything else that makes for a scumread?
In post 300, Ythan wrote:I think BS is the one I suspected not Nora. But newbies so w/e them both for now.
Ik their name is brighteningskies but dude u really couldn't think of anything better than BS? Like Bright, Brightening, Skies, Sky, idk whatever is better than BS -______-
In post 508, Noraa wrote:As I said, even if it was IIoa, it was too early in the game to be a SR anyways so I dropped it. I've had to explain my SR on reck many times now and don't see the point in explaining why I had it and why I dropped it anymore.
If I remember correctly, Agar and Reck are the ones with votes on me.
Agar never replied to one of my posts directed at him I'm pretty sure
Reck, as I've already explained multiple times, I dropped my SR of so Reck is basically a null read right now
Everyone that is sussing me for this reason has absolutely nothing on me. I have replied to this 4 separate times. This proves to show that im just getting tunneled for one of my first posts in this thread and if anyone thinks that a persons first few posts are enough evidence to be limming them, then they aren't trying to solve for town. They are just trying to get the day over with. All I see rn is a wagon on me that is based off of absolute garbage reasoning and evidence. If ur on my wagon and ur town, please make an effort to solve for town instead of just sheeping votes. If ur scum, I can't control what you do and you've probably already decided that I will be the sacrificial lamb for today and that's that.
brighteningskies
brighteningskies
Goon
brighteningskies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:22 am

I might still change my vote, but it doesn't seem like we have a better target just yet and I am usually of the opinion that a no elim usually helps scum.

My reason for scumreading you Noraa was mostly because you seem far too eager to prove yourself to be town, I find town players more often stick to their guns even if others disagree but I think you back down in a way that suggests you have more to lose if you get scumread than others. I did explain this before but I might not have worded it well.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:28 am

Noraa wrote:All I see rn is a wagon on me that is based off of absolute garbage reasoning and evidence.
I thought Ythan and Agar had satisfactory reasons. Explain.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:56 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 561, Noraa wrote:if anyone thinks that a persons first few posts are enough evidence to be limming them, then they aren't trying to solve for town.
the post this is quoted from is bad for a number of reasons, but I will quote this specifically to say that this is completely 100% wrong. mafia players (especially new ones) often have difficulty before the tone of the game has been set at not seeming uncanny. mafia hides in people's blind spots by playing off of their posts and appeasing them for what they want to hear and pushing them in the directions that they have indicated they are willing to be pushed. someone's "first few posts" are in my experience an EXCELLENT place to catch them as scum.

your attack on reck specifically was garbage, and you completely backed off of it after receiving the slightest pressure. I had to ask you three times to get that garbage post, so it's not like you had something in the chamber for it. it reads to me as "I have picked someone to suspect but I don't know why so now that I have been asked to explain it I will pick IIoA because I've seen it used to refer to long posts before".
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:15 pm

Post by Noraa »

@Skies ur reasoning is the same as the rest of them

@Haschel I already said they had decent ones but they are the only ones with good reasons imo and they aren't on my wagon

@UT In my catch up posts, where I first had a slight sr on Reck, I stated that I thought it might be IIoa. Yes im not too sure what is considered IIoa and what isn't but I have stuck by my argument that it might be/kinda is IIoa. The reason why I dropped my SR was bc I felt it was too early in the game so it's reasonable to drop it since they haven't really done anything particularly scummy since. If anything im more experienced at being scum than I am town. My first two, and only finished games are all scum games. I still think first posts aren't a great way to judge just bc its a small portion of a players posts. If there was something that was noticeable in lots of posts, I would say that's reliable but one or two I still think isn't the right way to go. Perhaps this is biased tho since it has been noted in almost every single one of my games that my play is very inconsistent.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:36 pm

Tell me about those reasons!

Why are they good? Why are they wrong? How do you reconcile those?
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Mafia Scum
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:36 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Replacing tn5421

(profile pic by datisi)
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:38 pm

Actually you know what, give me detailed reads on Ythan/Agar.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:44 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

UNVOTE:
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:55 pm

Post by Ythan »

VOTE: DoctorPepper
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:18 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 566, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Tell me about those reasons!

Why are they good? Why are they wrong? How do you reconcile those?
Ythan doesn't have too much content in most his posts but the ones that he has content in aren't bad ngl. His reasoning against me sounds like it comes from a town perspective. He thinks that I'm scum for being too agreeable. Being agreeable is a slight scumtell at times. The fact that he picked up on something that small makes me think he is a townie that has been paying attention. Ik its a scumtell but I do tend to be more agreeable when I can't form too many opinions on my own. It's a struggle being town after rolling two scumgames and now not knowing the alignment of everyone.

Agar had decent reasons. I didn't agree with them and replied to them in one of my posts but he at least seems like he put some thought and time in. I have a pretty null read here as well since he doesn't really talk much anyways.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:37 pm

In post 571, Noraa wrote:
In post 566, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Agar had decent reasons. I didn't agree with them and replied to them in one of my posts but he at least seems like he put some thought and time in. I have a pretty null read here as well since he doesn't really talk much anyways.
I want to hear what you think those decent reasons are. I don't care if you've said them elsewhere, I want you to say them again.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:12 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 293, AGar wrote:
In post 291, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 270, AGar wrote:We should yeet from {DrPepper/Noraa/Tn}
Why noraa over someone like Ythan?
I'll always prioritize active behavior that I find scummy
bolded for emphasis. I like this point
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Mafia Scum
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:40 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

tn5421 retakes their slot, as they’ve reached out to me before I found a replacement. Please note that my Rule 23 gives me the right to allow this.

(profile pic by datisi)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”