Mini 2167: Illicit Substances Mafia (Game Over!)

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:44 pm

Post by Bell »

I’m not following.
You’re making many assumptions to how scum will act. Universal or near universal town reads are only universal town reads because the scum team is town reading that town player too, or not.
You could make a similar argument about me and midwaybear. Why didn’t more players stoke the fires there?
I mean you could be right, but I don’t think you’d be right for this reason.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:47 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

It’s their position in this game mixed with gamestate, and their subtle way of chopping down others momentum/perspective.

Our slots as the most evident.

You are “improving” in their eyes, which puts you under investigation and keeps them as a position of town in the game narrative.

As soon as I started dropping them from town, very slowly, they started to drown me out more, kinda hyper focusing elsewhere. Their fluff posts looked nice, but when you actually read them, it’s incredibly fluffy to come off nicely like they’re doing a lot, once again, putting the investigation elsewhere and not having them under scope.

Also, after I targeted them more directly, they immediately were ready to shade and discredit, which from their position, they should be able to see why someone from my position would have suspicion or paranoia on their slot.

There was also zero movement since I did this, which means scum aren’t committing to a stance, which means they are waiting for the gamestate flow to allow them to open up and do something rather than take action.

Probably discussing a play of action in scum thread.
Time Is Money, Money Is Power, Power Is Pizza, Pizza is Knowledge
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:48 pm

Post by Bell »

If you start calling me scum and aren’t super vague about it like alisae, I’ll start chopping you down too.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:50 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 2075, Bell wrote:I’m not following.
You’re making many assumptions to how scum will act. Universal or near universal town reads are only universal town reads because the scum team is town reading that town player too, or not.
You could make a similar argument about me and midwaybear. Why didn’t more players stoke the fires there?
I mean you could be right, but I don’t think you’d be right for this reason.
Exactly.

If I am right, I am right for that exact reason.

I can’t make the same comments about you and midbear based specifically on the types of interactions you two have made.

You have been interacting in a way where I don’t think you are just following. You’ve tried to understand things.

Midway has explained his thought process in a way that is genuine, and had specific statements that have been genuine.

You guys could have been playing a scum game, sure, but based on how I feel you guys would react as players, and the non informed nature and general curiosity you two have had has made me read you as town.

You could be playing me, hell, I’d be playing myself really, but I would put money on you being town than Morph being town, if that makes sense.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:52 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 2077, Bell wrote:If you start calling me scum and aren’t super vague about it like alisae, I’ll start chopping you down too.
I only seemed vague if people thought I came out of nowhere.

Morph definitely did not. They saw the path building up, and mentioned it as soon as it passed a line.

Look at the difference. I did the same thing to Plus and Prism, plus eventually questioned me in an extremely confused way.

Prism didn’t acknowledge then replaced out, which happened after I threw a vote down, might I add. They didn’t come back after my vote was on them with Plus.

I don’t believe I make assumptions about how scum act, I just have researched and deep analyzed about how scum DO act.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:52 pm

Post by Bell »

You’re trying so hard to be town read and you’re trying to be transparent while somehow also trying to be mercurial.
You’re all over the place. But you’ve said already that you’re more consistent as scum and you’re trying to work on that.

Is this the game you’re working on it, or did you just roll town?
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:53 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 2077, Bell wrote:If you start calling me scum and aren’t super vague about it like alisae, I’ll start chopping you down too.
Also, if I were to find you scum, i would have multiple posts about why you would be scum, as i would have a chain of reasons that prove it, rather than one single reasoning.

But like I said, i think you are town.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:55 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 2080, Bell wrote:You’re trying so hard to be town read and you’re trying to be transparent while somehow also trying to be mercurial.
You’re all over the place. But you’ve said already that you’re more consistent as scum and you’re trying to work on that.

Is this the game you’re working on it, or did you just roll town?
Let me get one thing clear,

I don’t give 2 damns about any of y’all town reading me. I am town, and I am sharing my unfiltered thoughts, no matter what, post game, that is a fact.

Oh, i don’t really try to work on anything in regards to scum anymore, it’s just how I wanna play things.

I am town here, and I have been putting on blast that townies need to take more overall action too.

Like I said, I will find a way to confirm myself this game, so there is no worry about me endgaming as scum here. I’ll make that a certainty for you, sweet Bell.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:55 pm

Post by morph the cat »

I had an incredibly irate post typed up at the idea of "Not doing anything" being flung my way but I deleted it because I don't want to get kicked out of the game.

But seriously, stop. I have a full time job and kid. Not everyone can play at your pace. Not everyone WANTS to play at your pace.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:57 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 1988, April Ludgate wrote:You gotta town read me. I ain’t gonna do you dirty.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

Interesting tactic. I show up and go, because I play in real time. I wasn’t really around for the past few days. I get super busy here and there.

I actually don’t believe that post at all.

I see no reason for you to be upset. If I’m incorrectly scum reading you, don’t worry about it here.

I feel like you are way overexaggerating.

Right now, I’ve been talking with Bell, Midway, and ST, in ways where I’ve been trying to focus on my reads on them, which I believe I’ve definitely grown in regards to reading them. My ST read has really evolved in a beneficial way.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

And the “Not doing anything” probably was read out of context. You’ve been discussing and leading, i meant that in terms of actions.

High overreaction.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:03 pm

Post by Bell »

No fighting. This is the war room.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:05 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2087, Bell wrote:No fighting. This is the war room.
quality reference :]
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:05 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

Everything I bring up will for the most part always be in game related. This is a social deduction game. I think it is incredibly strange for someone to be upset based on one person calling them scum on Day 1 when the rest of the game town reads them.

Seems almost like scum being upset they didn’t fool the entire crowd and thought they were gonna have an easy ride.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 2088, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2087, Bell wrote:No fighting. This is the war room.
quality reference :]
@SS - Am I crazy with this push? I feel I have a decent chance at being correct that they are scum. I understand my overall case is kind of hard to get across in the exact manner I’m seeing it as, but I do truly believe they are scum.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 2068, Secret Tunnel wrote:Maybe I’m just thinking in my own perspective but i don’t do things with the thought of “this is against my town meta” if That makes sense
Cabd has been known to intentionally subvert his town meta. I've always been trapped within my town envelope and wind up playing suboptimally as scum. That's less true when I hydra. And very less true when I hydra in Morph. In fact, I don't even play entirely within my town envelope when town in this hydra. We've played together as one alignment so long, Morph has our own meta.

Neither of us are doing any of that kind of shit in this game. If we're outside our meta it's mostly because we haven't played in a couple years. I'm probably closer to my personal meta than my morph meta just due to being rusty.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

I also have half the amount of posts as Morph, who is the highest posting slot in the game, so I feel their comments are made to discredit the entirety of my posts today, even when a lot of them were conversing in a beneficial manner for me in regards to Bell, Midway, and ST.

I disappear for days at a time, only posting once or twice a day, and then I come in and do some deep analysis. It’s just a style that works for my busy and hectic yet sporadic schedule. I work in film, I definitely ghost out from time to time when I have to.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:12 pm

Post by morph the cat »

April, you're more interested in yacking about us than engaging us. That's fine with me. I'm moving the priority of documenting our read of you to near-bottom of our to-dos for now just due to the volume and your focus today. At some point, I'll go back and read your posts from today, sort out stuff I think is alignment indicative, and update the read I was working with yesterday.

Meanwhile, unless you do want to engage, carry on with what you're doing.

We have a much anticipated chapter coming up pretty soon!
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:13 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

Makes sense.

Gives you more time to figure out how to react to me in a game state beneficial way to you
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:14 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

I’ll engage with you, I tried earlier.

I think you’re scum. Why is that bad? If I’m wrong, why Can’t you see why I could have gotten to that point in a rather fair way, especially after seeing the way I think?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:15 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2090, April Ludgate wrote:@SS - Am I crazy with this push?
I mean you're just crazy in general.

The level of thinking that you're working on is not one that I have ever been able or willing to think on. It's plausible that you could nail the gamestate read, but I think you put way too much stock in the idea that certain townies can know for sure who the scum is and still get Cassandra'd into a loss. It happens, sure, but does it happen D1? I'm skeptical.

Are you crazy? No. Is your reasoning sound? Well, doubtful, but I'm not ruling it out.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:17 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

I am also testing if I think Morph/SS is possible based on how Morph eventually does react to me.

I’m really trying to accurately read SS as town if he’s town, but it’s become hard to town read him.

I usually have a gut read on him when I scum read him, and I can feel myself really wanting to town read SS, so I think SS might be town if I trust that, but I’ll work on trying to make a case for you guys why I believe certain people are town moreso than that.

I just want it out there
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:17 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

See, something smart agrees.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:19 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 2093, morph the cat wrote:April, you're more interested in yacking about us than engaging us. That's fine with me. I'm moving the priority of documenting our read of you to near-bottom of our to-dos for now just due to the volume and your focus today. At some point, I'll go back and read your posts from today, sort out stuff I think is alignment indicative, and update the read I was working with yesterday.

Meanwhile, unless you do want to engage, carry on with what you're doing.

We have a much anticipated chapter coming up pretty soon!
This is actually really not a fair comment the more I think about it.

I’m clearly playing on an in-present real time kind of way, and you just weren’t here.

You came and posted, and immediately I respond to you, multiple times, so I feel like I am engaging with you.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”