Mini 2167: Illicit Substances Mafia (Game Over!)

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2175 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:58 pm

Post by Tammy »

Vote Count 1.10

Day One!

420 Blaze It (3):
MariaR, plusJOYED, The Bulge
morph the cat (2):
420 Blaze It, April Ludgate
Alisae (1):
Bell
plusJOYED (1):
Remilia Scarlet
secret tunnel (1):
midway bear
mariaR (1):
secret tunnel

Not Voting (4)
: zMuffinMan, Alisae, Something_Smart, morph the cat

With 13 alive it takes 7 to send to rehab.

Deadline:
Friday, October 2 at 12:00 pm.

Countdown:
(expired on 2020-10-02 12:00:00)

Let me know if there are any errors, etc.
Last edited by Tammy on Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

In post 2148, April Ludgate wrote:Alisae made their strongest action in the game right afterwards.
what was Alisae's strongest action in game? Voicing immediate objection to it?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2172, Secret Tunnel wrote:I have to revisit but I feel like S_S, Alisae, Maria and April are the other circle.
That sounds about right, at least from my point of view (those are the players here I'm most familiar with). But everyone in this circle (except me lol) is a very strong scum player and it's not at all impossible for these four players to all townread each other and not all be town. I don't even know if we all do; if anything it's more like a {me, April} meta circle (line?) and a {Maria, Alisae} meta circle. I have mild townreads on all three but recognize that they are all better sorted later in the game with more information.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Trying to meta plusjoyed has been like trying to build a 1:1 replica of the Sears tower on quicksand that is also on fire.

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

oh

i wanted to do that but uh...

i'll just continue working on my replica then
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

Something Smart is the Gamora to my Star Lord.
Time Is Money, Money Is Power, Power Is Pizza, Pizza is Knowledge
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 2179, zMuffinMan wrote:oh

Two completed games, both of which had super early mislims as town. One of which involved a comical amount of moderation error, at that.

Just not going anywhere unless PLusJoyed has a home site they feel like linking us to.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:41 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Oh also, when you get to the 84th floor of your replica let me know, there's a hidden portrait of Oprah Winfrey in one of the offices on that floor that you need to put in it for accuracy.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2178, morph the cat wrote:Trying to meta plusjoyed has been like trying to build a 1:1 replica of the Sears tower on quicksand that is also on fire.
Probably that means that even if you keep it up long enough to get something out of it, that thing is going to be unreliable.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by morph the cat »

...Yes, that was my way of stating we intend to use other methods to read PlusJoyed this game.
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:55 pm

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 2166, notscience wrote:I don’t think it’s likely an entire group like that drew scum together.

And I don’t think it’s likely scum lies solely in the outliers from said groups either.
notsci i've seen you do this like 4 times now in between this game and [redacted] lol
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:58 pm

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 2170, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1675, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1575, morph the cat wrote:
Chapter One:
Well Above The Bell Curve

Spay-half says...
Bell - Remembrance, it all makes sense now. Unless he's already revealed his previous life in other games, I feel like lowering the cloak here is an additional townpoint. I mean, as scum he could have kept that info back and continued to post stuff I was loving and gotten an easy townread.I like his confidence in thinking he can meta scum-zmuffin into the ground, if that's what we have here. (Prior: the easy, almost free-association posting at the start of the game felt really town to both of us. Followed by an insane number of "thinking what we're thinking when we're thinking it" moments. Like more than I've ever run into with an unknown player before. When he gets down into the reasoning behind those moments, we find that reasoning solid and consistent.)

Neuter-half says...
Bell came into the thread spitting fire at S_S early. But instead of trying to keep up with that, we instead see an immediate transition into a townread on midwaybear, for much the same reasons as I did... I hope! 187/193 is quite the jagged swap onto plusjoyed, when we were hinting at/making sounds at it, and then a townish read at S_S. I feel like mafia-bell makes that slide off and onto plusjoyed much less abruptly. 239 is a fairly early townbin of the exact same townbin that we had at that point in time. Calling us an IC is one helluva pocket-attempt if this is a mafia-bell world. Why does bell ever make that joke as mafia, intending to kill us or not? It does nothing but look terrible post-flip. Conclusion: Bell was just shooting the shit and talking about his townread like ffery goes mama bear "I would believe the cop is insane rather than you are mafia" on her townreads sometimes. Several pretty significant townreading-this-slot reasons form the first 50 posts. I'm not gonna bother doing the rest of the Bell ISO because if you don't see it from their first 50 posts, you probably never will. And then I'll cry. And then drown in the puddle that is my tears. And then haunt you by meowing outside your door at 4 AM even though you don't have a cat.
In post 1608, morph the cat wrote:
Chapter Two:
Just Grin and Bear It

Spay-half says...
This is primarily a meta dive read and we're not interested in giving him a roadmap of the differences in his town and scum play. Subtracting that stuff out, the things that stand out are the in-the-moment nitpickiness, grabbing at strings and yanking them to see where they go. There's such a touching artless literal-mindedness to his in the moment questions. If this read is wrong, ffery's going to retire again.

Neuter-half says...
Nah why meta if you aren't willing to burn it all down. Midwaybear has a very specific is-mafia tell. And that is that they go out of their way to give reads on the entire field early. Like first 48 hoursish of day one level early. It used to be lots of fluffposting but that arms race ship already sailed out to war. Such a post of spoiler= tags for each player is not present in a single completed town game of his. Guess what isn't in this thread DESPITE calls for people to start dumping reads lists!
In post 1672, morph the cat wrote:
Chapter Three:
I Think This Fridge is Borked, Man

Spay-half says...
I have put too much of my own thoughts and stances into the game thread already to get a solid GiF read this time, probably. If a solid GiF read happens, it will be for other reasons, than the usual. So, I'm quite content sorting this slot via Bork. I have Bork as a top tier townread. He shows irritability, trajectory of reads, that weird convergence/divergence that Bork and I do, where we often wind up with similar reads on some players but get there via different data streams. That's all town-bork. The slowness of forming a read on me is also town-bork, but I figure he's long since imported that into his scum repertoire, so it doesn't count to the same degree as other points do. During the confirmation stage and his one later appearance in the thread, GiF was hitting the tonal stuff beautifully but there was no hard analytical edge or squinty eyes in my direction and that would worry me if he weren't sick. On an objective basis, Remilia should have been higher in our first list. Bork's questions, trying to get us to commit on a zmuffin read (something we will do pretty soon!) is also classic borktown, even though I am notorious for holding back some of my reads both because I want them to settle and for strategic reasons, like getting a coveted solid GiF read.

Neuter-half says...
Even if we ignore the meta-book (More like an encyclopedia set) Borkgif has been in a unique spot several times where stirring the shit-pot would have been natural and easy to do. Instead, there's been back-off, re-evaluation, and air-clearing. Remilia truly is the best air freshener scent, sometimes. My reservation initially was that gif was lurking because more of this player list can read him over bork, but irl medical things gonna irl medical. I feel that the level of play has been consistent, and I am content to follow spayhalf to the ends of the earth on her brokread.

This marks the end of our top tier of townreads.
Compilation of the top tier of our reads list. {Bell, Midway, Remilia}
CHAPTER 4:
Do We, Indeed, Know The Muffin Man?

Spay-half says...
I go back and forth with the winds of paranoia, but when the wind inside my head doesn't blow too much from scary directions, I would have already moved him up a tier if I were playing alone and didn't have another head to bounce ideas with. And I'd commit to that "for a while" and a while would become longer and longer because that's fortunately/unfortunately what happens to my zMuffin reads sometimes. When he's scum, I often go from scumread to a subversion to town. I'm generally not super paranoid of him, but my paranoia got triggered here, and it's a bad trip. A really bad trip. Townbinning him forever is not necessarily a good thing. Our mutual sticking point about him is that there's value to scum-zMuffin in sticking a spoke in the wheels of our townbloc-ing, and in throwing us off our stride. I don't remember him doing this to me/us/my-many-hydra-partners before as any alignment and so the rational part of my brain tells me that his rather high level of suspicion of us here is an actual thing town-zMuffin comes to legitimately in this game.

But the scum value is there and can't be swept away. I reread the forest fire game, particularly the part where my hydra was pushing zmuffin's hydra and the rest of the players basically yelled WTF??? That very subtle fan-flame on the town player who got scumread by Regfan was something Nacho could see him doing as either alignment, but knowing scum-zmuffin would see and seize the opportunity, Nacho kept pushing. I was mostly along for the ride. This game is different. The player list is larger, the meta-circle isn't nearly as tight, and there are a smaller proportion of players here that will quickly recognize fferytown. And, zmuffin seems to have more time to play mafia right now. I think he was less present in the forest fire game. I could go on for pages about that game, but I won't In this game, there are also many chewier targets in this player list for scum-zMuffin to go after because of the meta-circle size. Maybe we're being arrogant in seeing our ability to townbloc-build as something that scum-zmuffin might want to shut down, rather than infiltrate. It would have been so easy to infiltrate. Which is probably a strong argument for zmuffin-town playing this way around us. At this point, aside from the moments when paranoia gets the best of me, I am townreading him. Cabd is more focused on the scum value to his play (not surprising given Cabd's own scumgame).

If I were a betting cat, I would bet that I'm going to have at least one more flip-out/read-flip before this read settles down for good.

Neuter-half says..
Muffin is this game's Guy the 3rd. Somebody I really really want to town read me because all of the pieces should be there for them to do so, but instead they kept doubling down on their scum read of me that makes me want them to be mafia just so that my efforts were in vain, not just invisible.
Essentially, maybe I just want sempai to notice me. I guess while nothing muffin is doing ATM is out of his range as mafia, it's also well within his town wheelhouse and I should stop applying what I wish was true to what I think is true.
these are really hard to read on mobile please increase font size
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:59 pm

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 2172, Secret Tunnel wrote:I’m not really in theirs. I think bell and bear universal townreads that somewhat transcend the circles. I have to revisit but I feel like S_S, Alisae, Maria and April are the other circle.

Ours is something like you me remi muffin with bulge on the edge.

I don’t know what’s off kilter. It seems like the reads in and of itself are mirroring each other just in the separate groups
im confused by this, what do you think the groups are again?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:00 pm

Post by morph the cat »

I'm here if you want to take umbrage at that chapter wallpost.
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:00 pm

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 2178, morph the cat wrote:Trying to meta plusjoyed has been like trying to build a 1:1 replica of the Sears tower on quicksand that is also on fire.

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk.
good meta sucks ass except for starting points
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:02 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 2186, PlusJOYED wrote:these are really hard to read on mobile please increase font size
If only there were... links... at the start of each section... where you could slick to go back and read them at full size.
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:03 pm

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 2181, morph the cat wrote:

Two completed games, both of which had super early mislims as town. One of which involved a comical amount of moderation error, at that.

Just not going anywhere unless PLusJoyed has a home site they feel like linking us to.
am i allowed to link you ongoing games where im dead or is that against the rules
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:04 pm

Post by Bell »

Against the rules.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:04 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Yeah don't do that. Stop this conversation here, lest you break site rules.

The ONLY valid meta games are ones that are 100% over.

You can link to other sites if you played on any.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:06 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

lol to everything about this little segment there.
Time Is Money, Money Is Power, Power Is Pizza, Pizza is Knowledge
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:07 pm

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 2193, morph the cat wrote:Yeah don't do that. Stop this conversation here, lest you break site rules.

The ONLY valid meta games are ones that are 100% over.

You can link to other sites if you played on any.
i have really old stuff from 5 years ago when i was in high school only
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:08 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Eh, forget it then.

Let sleeping doggos lie.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:13 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2185, PlusJOYED wrote:
In post 2166, notscience wrote:I don’t think it’s likely an entire group like that drew scum together.

And I don’t think it’s likely scum lies solely in the outliers from said groups either.
notsci i've seen you do this like 4 times now in between this game and [redacted] lol
This is against site rules, don't do this. Leaving the specific game title out doesn't take away the fact that you're making a substantive observation based on a game that is not complete.
In post 2191, PlusJOYED wrote:am i allowed to link you ongoing games where im dead or is that against the rules
And as others have iterated, that would be against the rules.

Please read this post when you get the opportunity; you will get the privilege of being mesmerized by UT's avatar and you will be informed on how not to be struck down by the holiest of fire.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2198 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:19 pm

Post by PlusJOYED »

okey mod

to sleep i go
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2199 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:50 pm

Post by MariaR »

All caught up. I think April/Secret have the most interesting...I don't want to say anti town but I feel like they have the most obvious agenda with what they're posting and the interactions between each other heavily suggest it being TvS and I lean that Secret is the S in that pair given my townread on April.

I won't be voting Morph day 1 and I agree with plus that 420 just feels like not caring scum, and even on a town flip I think the value lost won't be very high.
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”