it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:17 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1669, Prism wrote:I can't even tell if you're being sarcastic LOL

That is one of the few times I didn't provide a bibliography so sorry
not sarcasm, i appreciated that you gave it a look and gave justification for them not being partners.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:19 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1673, CantHateAPuppy wrote:every game of mafia ive ever played tells me there's a 50-50 chance that after scum flips everyone will have different opinions from the ones they said they'd actually have

i dunno, either chara is someone who won't change my reads, or im wildly wrong about some of my reads and then ill have to rethink things. like, if chara ends up being, uh, chara, or pooky, then maybe id have to sit and think hard about it, but im just chasing the car in front of me rn
this is my opinion regarding pre-flip analysis and Chara analysis in this game. scum is scum and eliminating scum today's a win, so i don't really care which one goes. i think Not Chara is going to look closer to, well, mafia, than anything else.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:22 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 798, CantHateAPuppy wrote:lots of posts i want to touch but im just not in the mood today. feeling down. maybe tomorrow. :(

but also i willl say is i feel bad about hectic b/c he invited me to play with him this game, so it feels bad to scumread him. he just doesn't feel like the last game i played at all
i was scumreading this and the previous post about Hectic, i have no idea why. it's pretty null. and Puppy was on Elements pretty hard, deciding to try elsewhere after the rep-in is reasonable.

sorry, Prism, i'm sure this feels like you're attempting to read a hydra slot presenting as one person.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 1666, Chara wrote:i was really hoping to pressure whoever repped in, but with that not being an option, i think i would have tried pushing elsewhere if i'd been up to it this day.
?
vote conspiracy
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by Prism »

Hm. I guess the continued vote on Elements will continue to be a mystery-it was just really strange to me that you gave that scumread on Puppy, then called Taylor the closest thing to a scumread later, and all the while had your vote on Elements. Do you happen to remember who you thought you had your vote on that entire time? iirc you forgot it was on beeboy.

The last thing I'm immediately curious about is your progression on me. Early on you don't think I've done anything AI, later you say something that seems to be a slight townlean Initially in the game, and you seem to like my posts a lot. We've also had a repeated theme this game of you generally treating me as town/an ally. Something sticks out to you that worries you, you question it, I respond, you like the response and immediately just kind of forget about it. Despite the amount of attention to me, you've seemed to have me null the entire game.

Specific examples here of what I'm talking about are me/catboi's interactions, which you read and didn't like my approach to (...Somehow in a not AI way?). 1034 you speculate that I'm playing to you specifically, which is really strange given how all of the previous pages I was engaging directly with catboi and openly taunting him. I remember being pretty confused as to how that was to you, but it's not a big deal I think. The other that comes to mind was the "alarm bells" around Taylor. 1309, responded to by me in 1312, with you accepting my response in 1315. Early on, you seemed to also agree with catboi that one of my reads is off: 401

This pattern of having me null, but unconditionally and extensively cooperating with me, then voicing skepticism, and then immediately accepting my response and starting all over again is really strange to me.

There's so much to comment on here in my play-Me defending the Suji slot to this extent, my random tinfoil flop to you, my push on Tayl0r-and you really haven't expressed skepticism or belief in any of those things.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:37 pm

Post by Prism »

I remember feeling something was subtly wrong in the catboi progression, but I don't see anything atm so I might have to revisit it later.

Finally, I'm just really curious as to what you think of the current gamestate, esp on people like Taylor, Lavender, and even Hectic/Tanner.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:37 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1350, Tanner wrote:
In post 1306, Chara wrote: your dismissal of Tanner scum has me a little bit frowny face, Prism. i think those are good reasons to suspect him.
do you wanna talk about this? didn't you earlier say that's probably +town ()? what's changing your mind?
i rethought it. Prism's talking about those reasons as though no one could believe they were evidence of you-scum was my problem, i believe.
to put it another way, that Prism spoke as though it's weird to scumread you for those things, when by my memory they were rather standard.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:39 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1678, Krazy wrote:
In post 1666, Chara wrote:i was really hoping to pressure whoever repped in, but with that not being an option, i think i would have tried pushing elsewhere if i'd been up to it this day.
?
hello Krazy! by the time you repped in i wasn't caught up. i apologize, i don't think i've read any of your posts yet.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:41 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1679, Prism wrote:Hm. I guess the continued vote on Elements will continue to be a mystery-it was just really strange to me that you gave that scumread on Puppy, then called Taylor the closest thing to a scumread later, and all the while had your vote on Elements. Do you happen to remember who you thought you had your vote on that entire time? iirc you forgot it was on beeboy.
i have a habit of leaving my vote wherever it happens to be until i have somewhere else i decide to vote, so i didn't really think of it as being anywhere.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:46 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1681, Chara wrote:i rethought it. Prism's talking about those reasons as though no one could believe they were evidence of you-scum was my problem, i believe.
to put it another way, that Prism spoke as though it's weird to scumread you for those things, when by my memory they were rather standard.
I think you're reading this a bit incorrectly, my intent with 1284 was that while those actions had scum incentive, they also had really obvious town motivations. Whenever I say someone or their thought process is "totally fine", especially with italics, the Prism translation of that is "i don't townread them for it but it makes sense as town"
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by Krazy »

Chara have I played vs. your scum game? I feel like I did once but I cannot recall when
vote conspiracy
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:57 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1679, Prism wrote:This pattern of having me null, but unconditionally and extensively cooperating with me, then voicing skepticism, and then immediately accepting my response and starting all over again is really strange to me.

There's so much to comment on here in my play-Me defending the Suji slot to this extent, my random tinfoil flop to you, my push on Tayl0r-and you really haven't expressed skepticism or belief in any of those things.
this is a very complicated question. i'm amazed at the depth of this post, first of all. how in the hell did we fool you last time?

i'm treating you differently than i treat most players, certainly. it's not something i really set out to do, but, without getting all embarrassing about it, i really respect your game, your dedication, your organization... etc.
i keep getting paranoid at certain small things, and then you explain yourself so eloquently i start to feel foolish i found anything suspect to begin with.
treating you as an ally then follows from that, i suppose. i have a tendency to paranoia-scumread anyone who feels like they could completely control the game if scum, and i've been trying to work on that.

as of right now, it's just incredibly hard to see you as anything but town. inevitably, i think i will start to get worried again about this or that, because that's how i am, but indulging that for very long, especially when you respond well to the prodding, doesn't feel productive to me.
i've got limited energy to spend on this game as it is, so wasting it on someone i doubt i'd be able to catch in this state, and who i do consider an extraordinarily helpful ally, is not likely to happen.

i apologize that this answer has little to do with my thought process or progression on you.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:58 pm

Post by Prism »

I get why you think it's dismissive, though. iirc that post was me working through several players and getting a bit annoyed at not being able to nail them down

p-edit: re: my tanner statements
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:00 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

chara v prism reads like town v town. townbloc?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:01 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1685, Krazy wrote:Chara have I played vs. your scum game? I feel like I did once but I cannot recall when
haha. who even knows. not me.
if you played against me and Almost in a hydra i wouldn't use the meta, otherwise the solo-scum games that come to mind are Maria's Danganronpa that i played on my Korekiyo account, Twin Trap where i was teamed with Hopkirk, the Undertale prequel to this, and how good is vonflare at laser tag.

one of those, perhaps?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:03 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1688, CantHateAPuppy wrote:chara v prism reads like town v town. townbloc?
can you really call it a versus when Prism was so polite about it and i'm so happy to be here?
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 1690, Chara wrote:
In post 1688, CantHateAPuppy wrote:chara v prism reads like town v town. townbloc?
can you really call it a versus when Prism was so polite about it and i'm so happy to be here?
chara & prism versus the world
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:06 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1654, Prism wrote:
In post 1437, Tayl0r Swift wrote:puppy is coasting and not engaged. whens the last time you saw a post from puppy that wasnt fluff?
I'm really confused by this read. You've openly admitted to doing the same. Town has a very high chance of winning this game, especially with several confident townreads like it seems Puppy has.

In general what makes you so hard to read this game is you seemed to be openly dart throwing off of gut, being very unashamed about it and generally avoiding explaining your process for how they switch.
isnt it also scummy from me? isnt that why people scumread me largely?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

if chara/prism are the last 2 scum we probly lose enh
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:08 pm

Post by Krazy »

I will say chara not seeming to know I'm in the game certainly does not match my expectations of scum trying to push through a mislynch :P

This page seems townie tho yeah
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:10 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 1693, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:if chara/prism are the last 2 scum we probly lose enh
Don't say stuff like this ur gonna jinx us
vote conspiracy
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:11 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

i still see chara as chara. something just feels a bit off there. maybe its a playstyle or personality thing.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:11 pm

Post by Prism »

I honestly don't know here.

I think I prefer a Tayl0r elimination. I feel a lot more sure about Krazy being town after reviewing redtea over again. I'm not sure who their partner is is the real problem to me.

Reviewing Chara's ISO I did feel a lot better, and their interactions throughout the entire game have come off incredibly genuinely. The progressions on Puppy/Tayl0r/me have bothered me, but one thing that really sticks out to me, even if I feel like I
shouldn't
townread it:

Chara really
does
appear to find this game fun and not very stressful, like they say in 1613. Eager to engage with me, not really getting annoyed with my tinfoil. They might push through their stressed-out self just because they feel like they
have
to, and maybe even channel their stress into admiration for my play to make it easier, but this seems...really difficult+weird+unlikely?

I will say I expect them to stress a bit as town here too, just because I'd be wrong or I might even be scum, so I don't know why they're not.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:12 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1692, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 1654, Prism wrote:
In post 1437, Tayl0r Swift wrote:puppy is coasting and not engaged. whens the last time you saw a post from puppy that wasnt fluff?
I'm really confused by this read. You've openly admitted to doing the same. Town has a very high chance of winning this game, especially with several confident townreads like it seems Puppy has.

In general what makes you so hard to read this game is you seemed to be openly dart throwing off of gut, being very unashamed about it and generally avoiding explaining your process for how they switch.
isnt it also scummy from me? isnt that why people scumread me largely?
...but you're town, right? so town also do it, so why is it scummy?
you've said you're phoning it in, which, yes, is why you're being scumread. it's hard to read you for sincerity when you pop in with things like that.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:12 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

tfw krazy complaining about being ignored while he ignores my questions to him

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”