Newbie 2031 - The Wild Hunt (End!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 360, Not Known 15 wrote:I feel ignored.
Generally I think you might be town this game tbqh but it's not a super strong feeling so I'm kinda, observing you I suppose. :3

It's not a massive thing to work off but did my Sati towncase make you feel any feelings?
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by shellyc »

worst you have to realise that im probably the worst :) ever person at obvtowning.
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:41 pm

Post by shellyc »

I want to talk to bluebell now, I feel like there's something *interesting* regarding that slot

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:42 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 362, shellyc wrote:
In post 352, Mundivore wrote:@shellyc: I don't know if I see the worst as scum here. He seems to be putting in pretty good effort to solve.
I read a scum!worst game yesterday, he's very good as scum and likes the alignment more
this reminds me of someone I know.
her name like starts an S, and rhymes with "belly".
I just can't remember what it was, hmm

pedit: yes and that makes me think the fact you feel very confident here and like you're entitled to be townread is a scum indicator D:
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:43 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 365, shellyc wrote:
In post 360, Not Known 15 wrote:I feel ignored.
tbh this after mundivore's post is a bit LAMIST-y
how is it LAMIST? why does it matter if it is LAMIST? two separate questions, talk me through what you're thinking.

I think this post comes from town slightly more often than scum fwiw but not like, a lot more often
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:46 pm

Post by shellyc »

I am entitled to be townread because I am town. end of convo.

pedit: mundivore tr'd me + worst in the post before 360 but then nk15 felt he was ignored in the townreads giveaway so i feel it's LAMIST?
it matters if it's LAMIST because LAMIST is a common scumtell

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:47 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 368, Satisfaction wrote:TW has agreed with everything I’ve said since he replaced in and he townreads me right off the bat. That makes me nervous. I’m looking forward to some constructive disagreement.
sure: I think you need a haircut.
for real though we're half way thru D1 in a micro. there's a bit of tension but not a lot. do you think anything you've said is disagreeable enough that I should be trying to pick a fight or is this a more high-level apprehension type thing?
In post 370, shellyc wrote:also repping out of boredom bans you from joining the queue
it doesn't, if youre outright uncomfortable playing a game I think it's respectable to replace out. I'm sure there's a reason for Noraa's departure and likely she'll be willing to share postgame; for now let's focus on the game.

As an aside it is very poor form to replace out over your alignment rand or like, as a pattern behaviour (if someone replaced out of every third game out of boredom I'd encourage them to find another hobby), so at an honour-system level I dig what you're saying.

/teaching moment
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:49 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 377, shellyc wrote:I want to talk to bluebell now, I feel like there's something *interesting* regarding that slot
is this like something quantifiable you can share? I've aired a bit of my anxiety with blueb's slot and I'd love some more input. in fact after red and I manipulate the wagons into an artistic statement, I think it'd be very rewarding to drive blueb to E-1.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:51 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 380, shellyc wrote:I am entitled to be townread because I am town. end of convo.

pedit: mundivore tr'd me + worst in the post before 360 but then nk15 felt he was ignored in the townreads giveaway so i feel it's LAMIST?
it matters if it's LAMIST because LAMIST is a common scumtell
LAMIST was a great scumtell back in like 2010. it's now a personality tell, because guess what? some people who are town like to draw attention to the fact that they're town. some people who are scum aren't capable of powering through the game so they like to draw attention to things they've done that look towny.

if you lean into LAMIST as an outright scumtell, you're going to eliminate a lot of players of a certain type, and not of a certain alignment, more often than random. for a bit of fun, I'd challenge you to ask /why/ they're LAMISTing. lmk what you think
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:52 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 380, shellyc wrote:I am entitled to be townread because I am town. end of convo.
the first time someone said this to me he was scum; I've always remembered that and have definitely stolen this line a few times.

still, fun meta take: you feel more entitled to be townread as scum than you do as town.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:52 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 381, the worst wrote:for real though we're half way thru D1 in a micro. there's a bit of tension but not a lot. do you think anything you've said is disagreeable enough that I should be trying to pick a fight or is this a more high-level apprehension type thing?
read on White Knighting.

being agreeable is a pretty good way to pocket

pedit: holding back for now but I think blue's been synthesising much of other's content and havent driven the game forwards nor shown much interest in solving

side note why am I getting pedited so much

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:53 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 383, the worst wrote:LAMIST was a great scumtell back in like 2010. it's now a personality tell, because guess what? some people who are town like to draw attention to the fact that they're town. some people who are scum aren't capable of powering through the game so they like to draw attention to things they've done that look towny.

if you lean into LAMIST as an outright scumtell, you're going to eliminate a lot of players of a certain type, and not of a certain alignment, more often than random. for a bit of fun, I'd challenge you to ask /why/ they're LAMISTing. lmk what you think
they're LAMIST-ing to look naturally townie and for that valuable towncred

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:54 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 384, the worst wrote:the first time someone said this to me he was scum; I've always remembered that and have definitely stolen this line a few times.

still, fun meta take: you feel more entitled to be townread as scum than you do as town.
can you back that up with anything?

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 385, shellyc wrote:being agreeable is a pretty good way to pocket
yup. it also often comes from townies who are agreeable to things. :p once again, you can read this as a low level scum tell IF you are already operating under the assumption I'm scum. am I buddying him? sure, I'm adorable. am I pocketing him? nah.
In post 385, shellyc wrote:pedit: holding back for now but I think blue's been synthesising much of other's content and havent driven the game forwards nor shown much interest in solving
sure, this is close to the reason I voted her (which I have been over). I think she'd be a fabulous lead wagon~!
In post 385, shellyc wrote:side note why am I getting pedited so much
I'm an energetic boi
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 386, shellyc wrote:they're LAMIST-ing to look naturally townie and for that valuable towncred
do you think that post was towny? why would anyone think that post is towny? explain in as much detail as you can pls because I think it is towny but I don't think anyone else here is on my wavelength.
In post 387, shellyc wrote:can you back that up with anything?
just a vibe off marathon weekend + our finished games. I'd be outright surprised if you disagree, your scumgame is a lot more capable of obvtowning than your towngame.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 388, the worst wrote:sure, this is close to the reason I voted her (which I have been over). I think she'd be a fabulous lead wagon~!
I wanna hear from them first when I'll torment their reads

im entitled to a TR because yeah, im terrible at obvtowning as town and buried beneath my scumminess though are townie intentions. I get SR'd as town and TR'd as scum reeeaaally often

I'll kinda dive deeper into that post later when I can actually high effort this after work

ArthurConyl
ArthurConyl
Goon
ArthurConyl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:17 pm

Post by ArthurConyl »

I have been away for 2 days and wow, what a thread. Give me a moment and I'll analyse worst vs shelly. Personally, I feel like scum are laughing at town for descending into chaos ;/
UNVOTE: Going to start fresh, I haven't forgotten Satisfaction though.
ArthurConyl
ArthurConyl
Goon
ArthurConyl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by ArthurConyl »

In post 337, shellyc wrote:
@Arthur whats your read of ducky now?

It's interesting how many times Arthur calls noraa "slightly scummy" or "anti town" but never votes

pedit: nvm i found it. not related to my fun theory though
Maybe I should be voting to put pressure, but that's not really my playstyle. My vote is permanently on my biggest scumread. While I scumlean Noraa, there are other people to look at.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 391, ArthurConyl wrote:I have been away for 2 days and wow, what a thread. Give me a moment and I'll analyse worst vs shelly. Personally, I feel like scum are laughing at town for descending into chaos ;/
if you think it's TvT, can you give reasoning

why does this feeeeel likeeeee TMI (too much information)?

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 392, ArthurConyl wrote:Maybe I should be voting to put pressure, but that's not really my playstyle. My vote is permanently on my biggest scumread. While I scumlean Noraa, there are other people to look at.
*SE hat*

your vote should be on the vote that helps town most at all times; sometimes it's voting your biggest SR and sometimes it's not
if we all vote for our biggest SRs, theres a very high chance we won't be able to get a lim in

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by shellyc »

who do you think you want to zoom into right now if not worsty?

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:26 pm

Post by shellyc »

arthur's shade on noraa is very weird

they SR noraa slightly but not for very logical reasons? and they arent voting them? which sounds super distance-y

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:26 pm

Post by shellyc »

EBWOP (Edit by Way of Posting) and even if worsty is a townie the shade without a vote seems like encouraging town elimination without being on it if this keeps up

Mundivore
Mundivore
Goon
Mundivore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:27 pm

Post by Mundivore »

In post 366, shellyc wrote:it means that nk15 feels they are ignored because mundivore thinks me + worst are town
I think the worst is town. I'm not 100% on you being town, but I'd put it more likely than not.
In post 368, Satisfaction wrote:TW has agreed with everything I’ve said since he replaced in and he townreads me right off the bat. That makes me nervous. I’m looking forward to some constructive disagreement.

Mundivore’s assessment of Noraa’s playstyle is interesting to me. Either they didn’t see the things I saw in Doggos, we just have a disagreement about her, or... I’ve been kicking around the thought that maybe Mundivore is supporting the squeaky clean naive town image that Noraa cultivates. Is Mundivore-Noraa/TW a viable team? I haven’t looked into it closely yet.

That said, Mundivore was one of my earliest town leans and I generally have been sorting your slot and theirs as town throughout the game. If Mundivore is scum they aren’t doing the kinds of things that raise my eyebrows.

I think the most likely scenario is that Noraa’s freakout and subsequent departure was that of a bored townie.
I'm not saying that Noraa didn't go for some nice mislead plays. She had very good AtE. I just don't think that she has a
playstyle.
I don't think her prancing fluff-post style is a cultivated and conscious choice yet, as opposed to her just feeling things out and playing the best she can. As to why she subbed out, I
think
Noraa just subbed out because she was about to start another game, and didn't want too many on her hands. I know I've had enough trouble as it is keeping up with both thread. I'm not of a meta person much myself (I never read games I haven't played in), but of what I read of her, I don't think she'd sub out if she were scum. She did seem to quite enjoy it in Doggos.
In post 370, shellyc wrote:yay you read games!

also repping out of boredom bans you from joining the queue

I like mundivore for town, but @mundivore do you have any offsite scumgames or anything?
Hmm... not really any that you can read. I wouldn't be able to find them, it's been at least five years.
ArthurConyl
ArthurConyl
Goon
ArthurConyl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:30 pm

Post by ArthurConyl »

I'm still rereading, give me a few minutes. In the meantime
shelly and worst,
would it be too much to ask that you stop flooding the thread? I'm seeing so many short/fluffy posts you'd think this is a chat room.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”