Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2925 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:50 am

Post by Servant Assassin »

Okay. In general they haven't tried to exert that much influence although they opposed the votes on caster and shielder which would be a risky play if both are town because there's always a chance I change my mind and put a vote on scum. Doing it halfheartedly could be a play for towncred, I suppose. Reads have been fairy opaque but they went against the grain in the master phase in a way I wouldn't have expected from scum. Comments about willing to master someone who they disagreed with the townreads on felt like a town thought process, seemed to get them a lot of unfavorable stares, don't think scum would say it for cred but I can see how a town player might want to just let mechanics resolve a player rather than having to argue against a popular read they disagree with. Mostly hasn't felt like they're trying to be townread with their play. Was also forthright with their claim in a way I see as less likely to come from scum. Has mentioned that they don't plan to play the entire game this way and so I'd be concerned if they try to take control after I'm gone and steer things in a bad direction, but people should be willing to re-think and re-evaluate, and that applies in general.

Would be willing to talk to Berserker about her read there though when she checks in.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2926 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:12 am

Post by Servant Alter Ego »

In post 2925, Servant Assassin wrote:Okay. In general they haven't tried to exert that much influence although they opposed the votes on caster and shielder which would be a risky play if both are town because there's always a chance I change my mind and put a vote on scum. Doing it halfheartedly could be a play for towncred, I suppose. Reads have been fairy opaque but they went against the grain in the master phase in a way I wouldn't have expected from scum. Comments about willing to master someone who they disagreed with the townreads on felt like a town thought process, seemed to get them a lot of unfavorable stares, don't think scum would say it for cred but I can see how a town player might want to just let mechanics resolve a player rather than having to argue against a popular read they disagree with. Mostly hasn't felt like they're trying to be townread with their play. Was also forthright with their claim in a way I see as less likely to come from scum. Has mentioned that they don't plan to play the entire game this way and so I'd be concerned if they try to take control after I'm gone and steer things in a bad direction, but people should be willing to re-think and re-evaluate, and that applies in general.

Would be willing to talk to Berserker about her read there though when she checks in.
I pretty much agree with all this. And I hope the elim pool as it kinda stands will win the game for town.

If we're down to a buncha townreads staring hard at each other later in the game, then MC is where I'd be staring hardest based on what's available to analyze right now.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2927 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:45 am

Right, they are still lowest on my list of townreads but I still feel overall decent toward them. Have small doubts toward most of the people in the PoE though so there's a chance I'm wrong on a townread. As said earlier, if I'm wrong on Saber I think Lancer comes off really bad buut if I'm right it's probably better to get Ruler. Beyond that I think it gets complicated.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2928 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:58 am

Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2929 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:10 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

Tbh tbh I dont really think trying not to be townread is as reliable a tell as it sometimes feels
Berserker is not scum though for sure for sure Alter. 90% sure. That's basically sure.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2930 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:15 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

@Saber - I dont rly think Caster is being very toxic to begin with, idk if I missed a really bad post which is super possible but "getting upset and rows when he doesnt get what he wants" doesnt sound like a scum tactic to me. I get scum can use ate when its convenient or downright play in a way that makes the game shitty but.... it does not look very targeted to me now and this one of like three slots I'm actually paying attention to.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2931 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:19 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

In post 2916, Servant Rider wrote:Consider my vote symbolically on Saber, but I want that dedicated time from Ruler before I plonk down. At least drive bys from everybody (Berserker, Foreigner, Moon Cancer, etc) would be nice, too.
You're not interested in commentary from me? :(((
Btw I didnt end up putting any more actual work into your ISO but I'm wondering where you're at right now.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2932 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:23 am

What are the other slots you're paying attention to?
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2933 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:39 am

In post 2929, Servant Lancer wrote:Tbh tbh I dont really think trying not to be townread is as reliable a tell as it sometimes feels
Berserker is not scum though for sure for sure Alter. 90% sure. That's basically sure.
Assassin's townread on berserker is pretty strong, too. Like I said, I'm townreading her, but I do see the scum-value in not really engaging after a big splash at a point fairly early in the game day. We probably won't know until day 3 what her opinion of MC's reaction to the guilty-push is, for instance. If then. She stopped pushing after getting a partial claim, but had nothing to say about how she read MC's reactions. Her vote is still on MC.

I'm at a frustration point with Berserker's approach to the game. I'm picking at the approach. I'm townreading the player.

Playstyles are a thing. :hitoshrug:
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2934 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:55 am

In post 2911, Servant Ruler wrote:Reading from D2 start and this is a horrible read. Berserker vs Moon is a drag and I got little from it. Berserker may be town for their insistence on this guilty which I have seen no evidence of yet other than their confidence. Moon has an ego like no other and I do not know if it is a strategy they would employ as scum. I will continue reading and see if they claimed or said something else that can lead to a read.

It took 200 posts to get something that can actually be given some weight and with real content. So thanks Assassin. If you weren't already a Green flip I would have given you huge townpoints for breaking the spiral this game was going down and posting an actual case. I can take a look at Caster though it will not be right now and perhaps look at some wagonomics.

I read slowly especially when I have to keep contextualizing who is talking because of the similar names and pictures, so that is all I can do at the moment. At least it's a start. More will come.
Suddenly I realized that Ruler is basically fencesitting on Berserker picking a fight with someone, which is the exact same thing that Archer did.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2935 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:04 am

In post 2929, Servant Lancer wrote:Tbh tbh I dont really think trying not to be townread is as reliable a tell as it sometimes feels
Independently of this, what is your read on Moon Cancer?
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2936 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:51 am

Post by Servant Avenger »

VOTE: Lancer
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2937 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:57 am

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 2931, Servant Lancer wrote:
In post 2916, Servant Rider wrote:Consider my vote symbolically on Saber, but I want that dedicated time from Ruler before I plonk down. At least drive bys from everybody (Berserker, Foreigner, Moon Cancer, etc) would be nice, too.
You're not interested in commentary from me? :(((
Btw I didnt end up putting any more actual work into your ISO but I'm wondering where you're at right now.
Actually, I'm pretty okay with you at the moment. I've actually liked your recent posting, including your reaction to zerk-rider. How's that for whiplash?

I should probably do this
UNVOTE:

Saber, Ruler. Those are my two picks for the day. Saber's recent posting has been pretty skeevy, lots of out of place aggression and contradictory stances. Normally I'd award town points for being contrarian to town consensus, but Saber's actions come off as trying to exploit just that sort of "anti-town is town" mentality, IMO.

Ruler, well. Promise me the moon and then fuck off until night.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2938 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:00 am

There are 4 scum Rider, one's dead.
Who's the third one?
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2939 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:02 am

Also, also on a scale of 1 to 10 how strong is your town read on alter? (I give you permission to meme me, as long as you also give a number).
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2940 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:04 am

Post by Servant Rider »

That's a great question. It could be Lancer; I'm not townreading him so much as he's given me pause. Which is enough for me to table him today.

Assuming both of Ruler and Saber are scum, the final one has to be in {Moon Cancer, Lancer, Beast}. Everyone else is town. I'd like to reevaluate Lancer, personally. It's on my to-do list. If you put a gun to my head I'd say Beast.

I want to see more from Foreigner though. Time is eating away my townread on the slot. Everyone else is town as fuck.

Pedit: Fucking 1 million. If she's scum this game, I'll give her a standing fucking ovation
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2941 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:05 am

Post by Servant Rider »

Like there isn't a meme in existence to explain the strength of my townread on Alter
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2942 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:29 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

In post 2932, Servant Assassin wrote:What are the other slots you're paying attention to?
Caster Rider and Saber is all I'm managing atm, and actually its more like Caster and Rider to see if my townreads are legitimate or no
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2943 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:30 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

In post 2940, Servant Rider wrote:That's a great question. It could be Lancer; I'm not townreading him so much as he's given me pause. Which is enough for me to table him today.

Assuming both of Ruler and Saber are scum, the final one has to be in {Moon Cancer, Lancer, Beast}. Everyone else is town. I'd like to reevaluate Lancer, personally. It's on my to-do list. If you put a gun to my head I'd say Beast.

I want to see more from Foreigner though. Time is eating away my townread on the slot. Everyone else is town as fuck.

Pedit: Fucking 1 million. If she's scum this game, I'll give her a standing fucking ovation
This post has all the slots Im concerned with in the background including probtown Foreigner who due diligence says I should be looking at more than I am rn which is none.

Mindmelding isnt a good towntell but I still think Rider is town rn oh well
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2944 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:32 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

In post 2937, Servant Rider wrote:Actually, I'm pretty okay with you at the moment. I've actually liked your recent posting, including your reaction to zerk-rider. How's that for whiplash?
I dont know what you mean by zerk-rider, if you two had a an argument recently I literally have not read it, Im super not caught up and just trying my best. What did you think was a reaction?
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2945 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:36 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

In post 2935, Servant Assassin wrote:
Independently of this, what is your read on Moon Cancer?
Tldr is null, more specific read is if he's one of two players I'm thinking of I think he is crazy enough to play like this as scum, but he hasn't really reminded me of those players and I'm not trusting my ability to guess mains anymore. I'd rather try and read other slots I think I can read better and PoE it out.
In post 2936, Servant Avenger wrote:VOTE: Lancer
Whats up buttercup I thought we had an understanding where youre the only player I consistently manage to interact with.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2946 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:43 am

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 2944, Servant Lancer wrote:
In post 2937, Servant Rider wrote:Actually, I'm pretty okay with you at the moment. I've actually liked your recent posting, including your reaction to zerk-rider. How's that for whiplash?
I dont know what you mean by zerk-rider, if you two had a an argument recently I literally have not read it, Im super not caught up and just trying my best. What did you think was a reaction?
I was referring to my activation of Berserker mode on you a few days ago. When Avenger and I were ganging up on you. Your responses sounded one hell of a lot like frustrated town.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2947 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:45 am

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 2943, Servant Lancer wrote:This post has all the slots Im concerned with in the background including probtown Foreigner who due diligence says I should be looking at more than I am rn which is none.
I mean, I thought Foreigner 1.0 was town as fuck. Still do. Foreigner 2.0 hasn't done anything to discourage that read, but the dropoff in activity is concerning. I get it, every one has lives, jobs, etc. But it's something I keep bubbling in the back of my head with the other goblins.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2948 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:58 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

I figured it out moments before seeing this post and I'd like that on the record.
But yes, thanks. I think I get as frustrated as scum too, in fairness. I dont like to resort to AtE as either alignment, and I'm not super happy I let myself get angry while thinking it might help me out a little, when I could have responded with a lot less venom than I did. Especially when stuff like that can often have the opposite effect, besides it just generally being shitty.

Was there other content you wanted to talk about at all? you sounded like there were other things besides that.

Pedit - New information if it can be applied to Foreigner v1 and v2s ISOs is one thing, but lacking that I usually find the later game paranoia of early game strong TRs to only be paranoia. Depending on the slot, but they made enough of an impression to me that I'm okay with it. I was about to compare it to a situation in another game and its again annoying that I can't do that. Take a drink every time this is mentioned, etc.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2949 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:59 am

Need to go back and review Ruler because that pop-in bothered me

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”