Mini Normal 2168 | So Many Bats! | Game Over!

Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:31 am

Post by Redados »

Mundivore, what do you think of PLUSjoyed?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:31 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 1825, shellyc wrote:didn’t mean to quote that but im going to follow up on that

I scumread you because I heavily scumread your pred, and you aren’t making me changing my mind on you
especially the duppin read sounds like an attempt on attacking lurking LHF

I don’t townread duppin, duppin was always a null for me, but if you’re red I don’t see you bussing there
Oh duh, should have looked at the post before it.

Since the topic of duppin comes up here: I wasn't townreading duppin in early iso read but it looked better later. Not a strong TR and I had to stop last night before I was done.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:36 am

Post by davesaz »

Bugspray freaking out on page 74 looks pretty suspicious.

Pedit: from the posts that are popping up apparently it got attention, will be interesting to see what's been said. Morning catchup continues.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:40 am

Post by davesaz »

Spoiler: big quote
In post 1862, Odd Day Jester wrote:For many years I've been trying to find the secret of making sleep obsolete, but you lot seem to already have that pinned down.

Redados saying Noraa is tunneling because of new player energy, but then making no hypothesis or conclusion on her alignment is sus, like in .

Tayl0r's obsession with getting people to look at and ISO duppin is sus and feels exaggerated. She doesn't bring up any duppin posts and explains exactly which points she finds suspicious, she instead asks people to "look at" duppin over and over, which isn't particularly helpful for convincing people someone is scummy if she really believes that.
- Not a fan of this either. This is too BIG PICTURE in terms of evaluating shelly and Noraa's playstyles. Yes, their playstyles may be NAI, but what about their content and reasons and you know, the stuff you're supposed to look at to determine who's scum in a game of mafia? Slotting 2 of the top posters as null reads because their playstyles are NAI is a particularly lazy read from Tayl0r.

duppin's responses to the push are towny, my only qualm being how he's somewhat apologetic/understanding of Tayl0r's reasons, I'd have liked if he ripped into her a little more. I think this is just his personality though.

- Tayl0r's push and this post read as incredibly bad faithy. Her whole problem with duppin is lack of reasoning for scumreads. Duppin provides the reasoning and points out he's explained them before. Tayl0r responds with "getting a scumread from you is like pulling teeth." rather than acknowledging she was wrong.

- Why in the world are you not voting for Tayl0r by this point, duppin?

- Norwee is 17.293021% scum

Top of page 71 now, but I really scumread Tayl0r at this point. The way she approaches and talks with duppin reeks of bad faith, like she's set on tunneling someone and even when duppin raises a good point or evidence to refute what she's saying, she never fails to find a way to sidestep it. Not conceding ANY points in an argument is a scumtell, and I think this is scum!Tayl0r finding a nice cosy tunnel since that's not a bad strat for scum most of the time to look engaged and occupied, but it looks really forced here.

Tayl0r launch, people?

I like the analysis here. It shows thought and not just reaction.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:50 am

Post by davesaz »

Jester isn't new.
I
may
have seen bugspray before but not sure. The elimbait characterization could be correct from what I noticed page 74. No time to meta dive. I've seen some people who were elimbait as both town and scum so I don't know if that factors into AI or not.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:02 am

Post by UNOwen »

On ISO reread I still think duppin is town. I understand why the occasional text blocks that appear look like he is too concerned with explaining himself but I think that might just be his style, some of the arguments he makes are so meandering I don't know why he would bother with them as scum. The bugspray town read was not so lazily held as I thought it might be, he went back to bugs at least a couple of times which shows interest in actually solving. The Saudade vote continues to be a stain but I guess I can see why he would want to hold onto it when it was his major hook in the game and disappeared in a puff of smoke. Despite this focus, there is still an interest in the rest of the game throughout his posts and I can't detect any scum agenda.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:07 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 1895, Odd Day Jester wrote:bugspray is prime launchbait btw. They've been launched day 1 more than any other player I've seen on-site. It's why I was so happy to see a natural push from them early, so I could slot them as town, because something like that is rare from them as both alignments.
Maybe, but since they have claimed to be taking notes I would like to find out what conclusions they reached and why they were so willing to vote one of the more heavily suspected players of the game for such a bad reason.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:07 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 1895, Odd Day Jester wrote:bugspray is prime launchbait btw. They've been launched day 1 more than any other player I've seen on-site. It's why I was so happy to see a natural push from them early, so I could slot them as town, because something like that is rare from them as both alignments.

Psyche's post from this game where bugspray was a town PR who was launched day 1 is a very good assessment in reading them:
In post 424, Psyche wrote:the more i think about it, the more it seems that the reason i haven't felt much affinity for the bugspray wagon is that i've seen so many townies get lynched for not being productive, coherent players. it's not really an alignment-indicative behavior on its own (scum have plenty of interest in being productive/coherent), but for some reason people on mafiascum.net just eat that shit up. everywhere i look in fact i just see half-assed justifications for voting them like what looker's decided is enough to justify a hammer.

maybe when i look closely at bugspray i'll see something stronger than that weaksauce but so far it's just a void why is it just a void
I think nothing bugs had posted early on scream LHF to me so I think my SR there is very fair.
In post 1899, Redados wrote:Noraa, I agree with your logic on bugspray.
expand on this thought some more and I think I might just start TRing u. I'm definitely starting to see a town!Redados whether or not my prideful self wants to admit it. He stopped tunneling when he realized other people were more fishy than me even tho I hard tunneled him the whole time. I see this as a town mindset that cares more about town winning than a small "fight" with me. I've been a bit unreasonable here I must admit. I have slightly mixed feelings on Redados still tho since he really did strike me as pretty scummy at the beginning but as he's untunneling and actually helping move the game along, I'm feeling like maybe the scummy vibes I felt were partially caused by my tunneling and pressure on him. I find people tend to always seem a bit more scummy when under pressure and have decided that I want to try to solve Redados without all that stuff. Town can also be OMGUSy and unreasonable at times and I will be having redados as a slight town lean for now bc I do really need to stop tunneling.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:08 am

Post by Noraa »

Uno do you agree with my shift of opinion on redados?
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:12 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1894, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Odd jester is an universal TR.
Everyone sheeps Odd jester= no scum can manipulate the wagons.

Let's just do that.
says scum manipulating the wagon
Odd Day Jester
Odd Day Jester
Goon
Odd Day Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:13 am

Post by Odd Day Jester »

In post 1904, davesaz wrote:Jester isn't new.
I
may
have seen bugspray before but not sure. The elimbait characterization could be correct from what I noticed page 74. No time to meta dive. I've seen some people who were elimbait as both town and scum so I don't know if that factors into AI or not.
I'm new, but newbie games are for n00bs, so I decided to dive straight into the deep end.
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
Odd Day Jester
Odd Day Jester
Goon
Odd Day Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:14 am

Post by Odd Day Jester »

In post 1906, UNOwen wrote:
Maybe, but since they have claimed to be taking notes I would like to find out what conclusions they reached and why they were so willing to vote one of the more heavily suspected players of the game for such a bad reason.
Fair, I do want a summary of those notes nonetheless.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:17 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1905, UNOwen wrote:On ISO reread I still think duppin is town. I understand why the occasional text blocks that appear look like he is too concerned with explaining himself but I think that might just be his style, some of the arguments he makes are so meandering I don't know why he would bother with them as scum. The bugspray town read was not so lazily held as I thought it might be, he went back to bugs at least a couple of times which shows interest in actually solving. The Saudade vote continues to be a stain but I guess I can see why he would want to hold onto it when it was his major hook in the game and disappeared in a puff of smoke. Despite this focus, there is still an interest in the rest of the game throughout his posts and I can't detect any scum agenda.
i think this is right at this point. I don't like duppin's playstyle and think he's been incredibly lazy, but hes shown that him not articulating his position and thoughts doesnt mean they werent there. i wish hed contribute to the game with his vote and do a bit more, but for now ill UNVOTE:

i was very happy to come into the thread today and see that the wagons started to develop the way they ought to. mundivore sheeped me on the duppin wagon for reasons i dont fully understand, and norwee is pushing everyone to lunch me without even scumreading me! look at norwee's recent iso. he just wants blood.

hectic why arent you playing like your normal self here? is it just the gimmick account?

VOTE: norwee
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:19 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 1908, Noraa wrote:Uno do you agree with my shift of opinion on redados?
I'd still like to execute him. But yeah I am reconsidering, the most recent explanation he gave for his scumread against me seemed more honest. Earlier he had claimed to not be holding a suspicion of me before he started his reread, now he says my posts were already in mind. I'm still not sure whether I believe he made came to suspecting me after two posts but I am thinking on it. And in general his posting has improved. As much as I agreed with your point against them, bugspray is more of a placeholder vote for me while I try and work out whether I am just tunneling on Redados or if my vote might be better elsewhere.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:21 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 1913, UNOwen wrote: I'd still like to execute him. But yeah I am reconsidering, the most recent explanation he gave for his scumread against me seemed more honest. Earlier he had claimed to not be holding a suspicion of me before he started his reread, now he says my posts were already in mind. I'm still not sure whether I believe he
made
came to suspecting me after two posts but I am thinking on it. And in general his posting has improved. As much as I agreed with your point against them, bugspray is more of a placeholder vote for me while I try and work out whether I am just tunneling on Redados or if my vote might be better elsewhere.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:22 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1909, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 1894, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Odd jester is an universal TR.
Everyone sheeps Odd jester= no scum can manipulate the wagons.

Let's just do that.
says scum manipulating the wagon
Would you look at that. :igmeou:
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:27 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1912, Tayl0r Swift wrote:norwee is pushing everyone to lunch me without even scumreading me!
I don't townread you. And Jester made good points on you.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:27 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

And you're just another one of those people that keep derailing wagons, i wanna lynch everyone who does that right now.

- Bunno
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:30 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

after looking back through your iso i can find no evidence that you scumread me. also, why is derailing bad wagons scum indicative? i want to lunch scum.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:35 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1918, Tayl0r Swift wrote:after looking back through your iso i can find no evidence that you scumread me.
I don't townread you.

- Bunno
Odd Day Jester
Odd Day Jester
Goon
Odd Day Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:35 am

Post by Odd Day Jester »

In post 1912, Tayl0r Swift wrote:i was very happy to come into the thread today and see that the wagons started to develop the way they ought to. mundivore sheeped me on the duppin wagon for reasons i dont fully understand, and norwee is pushing everyone to lunch me without even scumreading me! look at norwee's recent iso. he just wants blood.

hectic why arent you playing like your normal self here? is it just the gimmick account?
Why are you happy about the way the wagons have developed if you have problems with Mundivore and Norwee's votes?

I don't know of this "hectic" person but I thought I'd meta him even though he's not in this game, and he seems like a good lad. How
do I
does he normally play?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:42 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Wow you guys, that’s Hectic?
What a shocking plot twist.

- Bunno
Odd Day Jester
Odd Day Jester
Goon
Odd Day Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:45 am

Post by Odd Day Jester »

And I would've got away with it too, if not for those meddling Norwees.

I could tell you knew straight away though, so I appreciate you not outing me immediately this time lol
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:45 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 1912, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 1905, UNOwen wrote:On ISO reread I still think duppin is town. I understand why the occasional text blocks that appear look like he is too concerned with explaining himself but I think that might just be his style, some of the arguments he makes are so meandering I don't know why he would bother with them as scum. The bugspray town read was not so lazily held as I thought it might be, he went back to bugs at least a couple of times which shows interest in actually solving. The Saudade vote continues to be a stain but I guess I can see why he would want to hold onto it when it was his major hook in the game and disappeared in a puff of smoke. Despite this focus, there is still an interest in the rest of the game throughout his posts and I can't detect any scum agenda.
i think this is right at this point. I don't like duppin's playstyle and think he's been incredibly lazy, but hes shown that him not articulating his position and thoughts doesnt mean they werent there. i wish hed contribute to the game with his vote and do a bit more, but for now ill UNVOTE:

i was very happy to come into the thread today and see that the wagons started to develop the way they ought to. mundivore sheeped me on the duppin wagon for reasons i dont fully understand, and norwee is pushing everyone to lunch me without even scumreading me! look at norwee's recent iso. he just wants blood.

VOTE: norwee
DAYUMN IT'S HECTIC?! I tr Taylor still bc of this untunneling. seems pretty protown here and I likey.
In post 1913, UNOwen wrote:
In post 1908, Noraa wrote:Uno do you agree with my shift of opinion on redados?
I'd still like to execute him. But yeah I am reconsidering, the most recent explanation he gave for his scumread against me seemed more honest. Earlier he had claimed to not be holding a suspicion of me before he started his reread, now he says my posts were already in mind. I'm still not sure whether I believe he made came to suspecting me after two posts but I am thinking on it. And in general his posting has improved. As much as I agreed with your point against them, bugspray is more of a placeholder vote for me while I try and work out whether I am just tunneling on Redados or if my vote might be better elsewhere.
I agree. He seemed pretty scummy early on especially with that OMGUSy attitude toward both of us. His recent explanations and posting has def improved so that's why I'm dropping an SR on him. It'll be a slight town lean unless I feel he's going back to being really scummy. I'm still trying to sort bugs aorn but anyways the vote is there for pressure:3
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:46 am

Post by Noraa »

T^T I was the only potato that didn't know
now I'm saddddd

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”