Mini Normal 2169 : random facts, game over !

Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:23 am

Post by Alonzo »

Otherwise bar the me/ teacher swap I don't disagree with much you've said @tgp
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:27 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 1088, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 1050, shellyc wrote:
In post 1045, Menalque wrote:I still think pretty strongly that shelly is scum and think it is important that we start coalescing around a flip there
you say the wagon is moving slowly, when much of the plist are scum reading me for apparently reasons that im swimming with the tide when ANYONE THAT PAYS ATTENTION TO MY META AT ALL can realise that this is my towngame
@shelly skimming through your completed towngames (notably, newbie 2025), as well as Newbie 2019 (a scumgame), it seems like you create fluff and posture more when you're scum than when you're town; your play this game is pinging me a lot more like the latter than the former. i'll do a more thorough metadive later, but you're looking scummier the more i meta you, so i don't think your meta is saving you here.
In post 1055, shellyc wrote:
In post 1037, TheGoldenParadox wrote:basically all of shelly's posts on page 38 scumping me hard. i have absolutely no idea what she's trying to accomplish here but it seems a lot like she's spinning in circles and not going anywhere. the entire taylor push is weird, 943 is unhelpful and unproductive, and just generally shelly is pinging me as scum who wants to create a townbloc and sell herself as town, either by pocketing actual town or working with other scum to wifom us. i'm happy with my vote on shelly, and i think shelly is a good d1 lynch here because they have quite a few interactions with almost everyone here.
wifom. does. not. fucking. exist

can you elaborate on spinning in circles, where do you expect me to go
why do you think Taylor push is weird

do you think creating town blocks are AI?

you’re filling up spaces with words to try and miselim me

sure flip me for info but remember scum are probably on-wagon now as im pretty miselimable as town
you attacked taylor for fence sitting and calling bm/nora tvt for a really long while until you realized it wasn't in your best interest to do so until essentially flip-flopping to where you do exactly what you've been calling out
In post 1057, Menalque wrote:
In post 1055, shellyc wrote:do you think creating town blocks are AI?
not to steal from TGP the chance to respond but: yes. trying to create townblocs is scum indicative
creating townblocs is generally helpful for town, but it's more helpful for scum if those townblocs are forced, which this looks like to me. moreover, scum infiltrating a townbloc is much better for scum than the townbloc is for town, so i'm inclined to agree with menalque here.

menal and bob have made some really good points above this
@ico
they're explaining the general case on shelly pretty well i know you wanted to see that
Reading through her posts at times it's certainly been hard to nail down actually what her reads are. As she seemed to flip between scum reading noora, considering that she might be town after all, fully scum reading her, finding her town and then now back to scum. With norra benign on her will lynch list.

That post must be what shelly must have been trying to spin as town meta. Where she changed her read to suit the current gamestate. But also noticed that she floated the idea of nora v bm being tvt. Back before pushing taylor for saying she thought it was tvt in post and scum reading her for it.

And then full comes down on it being tvt in posts you referenced. Something that she scum read taylor for. If she was town and had re-evaluated on norra vs BM. I would have thought she would have also re-evaluated her read on taylor at that point. As if shelly was town wouldn't she have had considered that taylor was just doing the same as her. And feel the need re-evaluated all her reads and not just liek appears the ones that suited her.

VOTE: Shelly
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:28 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1088, TheGoldenParadox wrote:creating townblocs is generally helpful for town, but it's more helpful for scum if those townblocs are forced, which this looks like to me. moreover, scum infiltrating a townbloc is much better for scum than the townbloc is for town, so i'm inclined to agree with menalque here.
here's where we disagree -- I think townblocs are good for town. I think creating/trying to create townblocs tends to be something scum are more interested in because it allows them to infiltrate or otherwise manipulate those townblocs. when they form naturally between a group of players I'm a big fan!
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:28 am

Post by Menalque »

just so we're all clear that's
E-1
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:29 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1093, Bunno wrote:I'm Churros
*waves*

it's nice to have you
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:31 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1093, Bunno wrote:Try to correct my bad english grammar because I'll be using english for something in my private life
always so mysterious, bunno

I can spoiler tag English stuff if you like to avoid it intruding too much into the main thread?
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:31 am

Post by Bunno »

In post 13, Menalque wrote:Ah ha ha, you think that I’ve fallen into your trap when in fact it is you who has fallen into mine!

I knew you would know that I would know that you’d read the public setup information, and my pretende to the contrary was a test to see if you would falsely claim a lack of awareness! However, instead, you chose to try to use your knowledge of my knowledge of what you would have done to shade me, which is definitely a scum-motivated move! Therefore you are indeed the scum here!

Uno!
Nostalgia...
Churros aka Volpe aka Nibbui aka Fumuki
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:32 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1032, Menalque wrote:alonzo why are you scum reading me ?
In post 1033, Menalque wrote:
In post 665, Alonzo wrote:
In post 663, Noraa wrote:you think mena and bob are scum together?
I think both are good fits for mages partner.
specifically here
alonzo can you answer this please, now that you're here
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:33 am

Post by Menalque »

I'm going to go ahead and make a prediction on what bunno will think my alignment is this game

bunno will think that I am
Spoiler:
scum
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:33 am

Post by Bunno »

In post 1104, Menalque wrote:
In post 1093, Bunno wrote:I'm Churros
*waves*

it's nice to have you
hello
In post 1105, Menalque wrote:
In post 1093, Bunno wrote:Try to correct my bad english grammar because I'll be using english for something in my private life
always so mysterious, bunno

I can spoiler tag English stuff if you like to avoid it intruding too much into the main thread?
I'm not mysterious though

However yes to any english stuff
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:33 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 943, shellyc wrote:bm vs noraa is town vs town
Expand pls. I stopped my tunneling but I'm far from convinced that bm is town.
In post 946, Iconeum wrote:
In post 804, TheGoldenParadox wrote:noraa is low hanging fruit
it's been one of the most talked about slots, and itself has been rather vocal throughout the game

noraa is NOT BY ANY MEANS lhf
I don't get ur whole case on me. Ur whole case is kinda "she so scummy, scum scum scummy" and that's about it. I specifically already said that I felt discouraged by BM's "tunneling" at the beginning so I did not engage as much as I normally would. Heck I have games where I engaged more than this as fucking scum.
In post 953, Iconeum wrote:
In post 874, Noraa wrote:Ik the weekends far away but I don't wanna do one this week so I might do it this week if I see some really good content but otherwise, its gonna be a while before my read goes out
scumping

feels more like you don't wanna have to work and fake reads

i feel like town!you should feel better about this game now that BM opened the door for you to do other things, because like you said, ur more emotional then logical (which is perfectly fine btw!)
I am feeling better about it but i already said multiple times that IM FUCKING BUSY. Would you prefer I just replace out? If ur scum, u'll think no since I'm great limbait. If ur town, u'll think yes but ur not allowed to tell me that anyways so I'm just being petty rn.
In post 956, Iconeum wrote:
In post 878, Noraa wrote:I think the opposite actually. I can see shelly pocketing ico or ico pocketing shelly here and I'm fairly certain they are not the same alignment. All this buddy buddy shit is not rubbing the right way for me
do you understand the concept of mafia where it's like kinda a big deal to also find solid townreads, and not just scumreads?
Do you understand that I have close to zero experience being town with my only finished games all being scum games?
In post 978, Iconeum wrote:
In post 929, Noraa wrote:
In post 925, teacher wrote:
In post 613, Noraa wrote:everyone else is even more meh.
That interchange came before this ya? So why this?
Alonzo has caught my attention since then. He seems townie enough so I did an iso on him and decided that he prolly is my strongest TR so far. Again, this is really sloppy. I'll try to do better once the weekend starts
This literally reads like you were forced to go look at a slot and fabricate a read there,
because you were asked to do so
Not because you are interested in solving
Wow maybe because that is exactly the case. I have already said I'm busy asf during the week and can only do replies to things. Im not going to ISO dive or reread the thread during the week since this is the only game that I've paid close to zero attention to so far.
In post 1007, Iconeum wrote:everyone pls

vote noraa
Im fed up with u. This is OMGUSy however ur points r trash and ur not reading my post explaining that I put this game on the back burner for a bit and now catching up completely is hard. I already promised to do it over the weekend so can u just shut it for a bit?

VOTE: ICO

This is an anger vote that I will remove if I think appropriate.
In post 1078, shellyc wrote:ok I can go deeper
noraa starting a hard tunnel on BM is kinda town indicative in a way that it broke the game early out of RVS and actually created a whole bunch of interactions which is protown
Like their hyper focus on BM and BM only reads town because scum kinda has to posture around everyone
u sure flipped sides fast. and all ur arguments regardless of which side u were are just sheeping tons of other people's.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:34 am

Post by Bunno »

In post 1108, Menalque wrote:I'm going to go ahead and make a prediction on what bunno will think my alignment is this game

Spoiler:
scum
Why? You think you've been playing to your scum meta?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:35 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1109, Bunno wrote:I'm not mysterious though
the multiple accounts? the disappearing and reappearing form the site at random intervals (despite being very competent when here)? the vaguely worded comments about RL?

very mysterious *nods sagely*
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:35 am

Post by Noraa »

ICO is completely disregarding the fact that I already explained everything they have on me. I will no longer reply to those unless my wagon starts building up again on those *trash* reasons
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:36 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1111, Bunno wrote:
In post 1108, Menalque wrote:I'm going to go ahead and make a prediction on what bunno will think my alignment is this game

Spoiler:
scum
Why? You think you've been playing to your scum meta?
hey, this is no fun, you were meant to do your catch-up first before you saw this
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:36 am

Post by Menalque »

actually, noraa has reminded me -- TGP what do you make of icon's push on you?
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:37 am

Post by Bunno »

In post 20, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 2, Gypyx wrote:
Sending the role PM's, the game will start once i get 11/13 confirmations (currently 11/13)

Game has started, TheGoldenParadox and Battle Mage have 36 hours to confirm before being replaced
a replacement threat already? bloody hell. I'm vanilla town ok, just leave me alone!
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:41 am

Post by Alonzo »

In post 1107, Menalque wrote:
In post 1032, Menalque wrote:alonzo why are you scum reading me ?
In post 1033, Menalque wrote:
In post 665, Alonzo wrote:
In post 663, Noraa wrote:you think mena and bob are scum together?
I think both are good fits for mages partner.
At time of posting some of your input seemed 'off the wall', but the main purpose of the series of posts there was to see if noraa could break her tunnel and try to read other players

specifically here
alonzo can you answer this please, now that you're here
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:43 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1048, shellyc wrote:
In post 1039, Menalque wrote:second request that you respond to this @shelly
me changing reads to fit the situation is my general town play really
as town I have much lower confidence in myself

also, to the points that made me reconsider, things like the reaction to ico outing the fake was kinda artificial? the push on me for essentially swimming with the tide isn’t exactly town pinging either
so tunneling is your scumplay?
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:47 am

Post by Bunno »

Page 3

My brain says BM is scummy but my gut says he's town

Last time I played with scum him he was more...tactictal. He's going on a rampage of conflict/attention posting which does look scummy, but is more common from townies. Contrast it to Noraa which is kinda playing cute and saying she's suspicious of someone but not acting on it. I don't have any read on Noraa, but her behavior feels like maintaining the status quo vs BM going out of his way to pursue something.

Dunno, I wanted to write this in case anyone is indecise on how they read the slot.
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:48 am

Post by Bunno »

In post 1119, Bunno wrote:her behavior feels like maintaining the status quo
This isn't necessarily bad by the way. I repeat, I don't have any opinion on her, it's only an example to contrast to BM.
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:51 am

Post by Bunno »

In post 56, Battle Mage wrote:
Maybe if you care so much about being meta-proof, you could go and look at...I dunno, one of my many dozens of completed games, and tell me whether you think I'm scummy, or the towniest town you've ever seen.
She didn't say anything about caring for meta but BM still insists. I could see him recently having played aggressive town games and be trying to replicate it here. Maybe I should ignore my assumptions. Maybe.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:58 am

Post by Menalque »

is alonzo a looker alt by any chance
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:00 am

Post by Bunno »

In post 79, Battle Mage wrote:
I don't always get the chance to say this Bob,
as I always die Night 1
, but I love you, and respect you. You are probably the most under-rated town player on this whole website.
is this true...?

I don't think it was particularly the case back when I was around

It feels a bit too confident?

Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:06 am

Post by Bunno »

In post 81, Battle Mage wrote:"meta is trash"? an odd thing for a newbie who has never completed a game as town to say. Meta can be very useful, although it isn't a silver bullet. Also useful is the threat of meta - and the
"meta is trash" line is a real cheap
way to try and discourage people from using an alternative avenue for scrutinising others
Don't assume you or even people themselves know enough about themselves. In my 2 years experience meta has been a negative route for reads, often something disappoiting because many times I had a hunch for a scum read in the slot.

It's fine to use it but you've been posting about it non-stop.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”