Mini Normal 2168 | So Many Bats! | Game Over!

Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:12 am

Post by Noraa »

Why is backtracking not scummy? O_o
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:12 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Lmao. :lol:
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:13 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Taylor so full of shit it's actually getting a bit entertaining.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:14 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1949, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1948, Tayl0r Swift wrote:backtracking is not inherently scummy.
So i'm not scummy then.
im not accusing you of backtracking. im accusing you of not having a natural read progression.
backtracking is not *inherently* scummy. fence-sitting and frequent changing of opinions is anti-town when you dont explain your reads, because it means you can fill in reasoning ex post and its hard to hold you to your reads. its scummy when theres no evidence of a natural thought progression: townies might change their minds but theres a pattern to their thinking. scum have to make up scumreads as they go so they have incongruent thought progressions
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:16 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1953, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
So i'm not scummy then.
im not accusing you of backtracking. im accusing you of not having a natural read progression.
backtracking is not *inherently* scummy. fence-sitting and frequent changing of opinions is anti-town when you dont explain your reads, because it means you can fill in reasoning ex post and its hard to hold you to your reads. its scummy when theres no evidence of a natural thought progression: townies might change their minds but theres a pattern to their thinking. scum have to make up scumreads as they go so they have incongruent thought progressions
There's only one thing for certain in this world. And that's the fact that Odd Day Jester, Duppin and Noraa are town.
I would vote for anyone else today.

- Bunno
Odd Day Jester
Odd Day Jester
Goon
Odd Day Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:17 am

Post by Odd Day Jester »

In post 1947, Noraa wrote:
In post 1942, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 1939, duppin wrote:hm this feels rather weird to me. Tayl0r unless I misunderstood you claim to have a townread on me now but I am unsure as to why that is actually, could you elaborate?
well im not sure about you atm. i still dont really buy a lot of the reasons you gave in your defense and i think your playstyle is lazy and helps scum. but i can sorta see the town mindset, and the way our wagons formed today suggests to me that this is TvT, more likely than not. its more that im fairly convinced that norwee and mundivore are scum, and i dont see you being scum with them.
I think Taylor seems towny here(in this game). Like legit she does seem pretty town. but this here strikes me as backtracking. Ur SR on duppin was really damn strong just like a hot few hours ago. You were basically screaming for his blood in the thread. Now u say ur unsure. Can I know what made this change in opinion?
The answer is because she was being heavily scumread for it. Problem is she could also do that as town, but it's slightly scum-indicative.
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:17 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

town re-evaluates. changing your mind is not scummy. thats what i did.
i didnt "backtrack" in the sense that i didnt try to pretend i didnt say things i did.
ive stated reasoning for changing my mind. scum!me would probably double down on the duppin read rather than changing my mind. its +town indicative to receive pressure and change your mind, scum are often scared to back down because it looks bad.

so its fine to think that it looks bad that yesterday i was hardpushing duppin and today i have him as a weak townlean ish but not at all at the center of my focus. but its not a good argument to say that it makes me scum
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:18 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1954, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
So i'm not scummy then.
There's only one thing for certain in this world. And that's the fact that Odd Day Jester, Duppin and Noraa are town.
ok vote mundivore then
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:18 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1952, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Taylor so full of shit it's actually getting a bit entertaining.
AtE and shading without an actual argument.
Odd Day Jester
Odd Day Jester
Goon
Odd Day Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:22 am

Post by Odd Day Jester »

I think Tayl0r's on L-2 right now. Along with my prior stated reasons, I'm not happy with the reasons for her stance change on duppin and the Norwee/Mundivire theory. Theorising Norwee/Mundivore are both scum because they voted for bad reasons and took opposite sides of the wagons sounds like a fun theory, but there's not much basis behind it otherwise, so it's too tinfoil for me to believe Tayl0r actually thinks that.

Like, she's arguing for duppin town on the basis that Norwee and Mundivore are BOTH scum. What about Mundivore's reasoning for voting duppin is even bad, Tayl0r? You never said why.

If people are sick of this day phase, put Tayl0r on L-1 and we can get a claim.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:24 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1957, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 1954, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
So i'm not scummy then.
ok vote mundivore then
You have more votes.

- Bunno
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:24 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1959, Odd Day Jester wrote:I think Tayl0r's on L-2 right now. Along with my prior stated reasons, I'm not happy with the reasons for her stance change on duppin and the Norwee/Mundivire theory. Theorising Norwee/Mundivore are both scum because they voted for bad reasons and took opposite sides of the wagons sounds like a fun theory, but there's not much basis behind it otherwise, so it's too tinfoil for me to believe Tayl0r actually thinks that.

Like, she's arguing for duppin town on the basis that Norwee and Mundivore are BOTH scum. What about Mundivore's reasoning for voting duppin is even bad, Tayl0r? You never said why.

If people are sick of this day phase, put Tayl0r on L-1 and we can get a claim.
can we not blatantly rolefish? i know your account is jester, but :(((((((
Odd Day Jester
Odd Day Jester
Goon
Odd Day Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:27 am

Post by Odd Day Jester »

Actually, I'm trying to blatantly kill you
Odd Day Jester
Odd Day Jester
Goon
Odd Day Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:27 am

Post by Odd Day Jester »

Only because I loved your new album though, it's how I show my love
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:32 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1864, Mundivore wrote:@bugspray part of the reason I have fewer posts than you is that I tend to react to or say multiple things in the same post. I don't like being very spammy. I fewer large posts to many small posts, though I'll still spam a bit if things come to me after reading them.

Something feels very offputting about duppin to me right now. Think shellyc is town this game, although I'm surprised she ignored my vote on her, that seems pretty OOC. I have my reservations but... she's not as scummy as one of the players she pressuring, Redados. Red feels like a weak scum case, though, and I think I have something better.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: duppin

This is my first fairly confident scumread, so far. I don't have a ton of time today, but I'm going to be composing my scumcase where I have time/energy for it. The summary of my case is: duppin is playing
defensively
but not
cautiously.
Usually, when a townie is defensive, it's because they don't want to be mislim'd. If 'avoiding mislims' rather than 'finding good elims' is their mindset for their towngame, then that generally implies an overall cautious playstyle.

But duppin is fairly confident in his reads and his play in general. He's playing like the primary focus he has is finding good elims. I don't get the 'cautious' vibe from him, just 'defensive.' Which pings pretty hard scum to me, because it's a mismatch in demonstrated priorities. Player who prefer a 'finding good elims' mindset tend not to worry about being proactively defensive, because it reduces the chance they'll get NK'd and takes up time that could be used to find a better elim. Meanwhile, duppin feels like he's occupied with remaining in a town-read slot, despite appearing to prioritize elimming people rather than not miselimming people.

I'm about 90% confident on this read. We'll see if actually going through his ISO convinces me further or dissuades me.
to me someone playing defensively but not cautiously is more town than scum. ill wait for mundi's full case but the logic just seems a bit ???
the thing that pings me is that the vote is coming at all rather than the reasoning so far. its norwee that comes across to me as hard scum.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:32 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1962, Odd Day Jester wrote:Actually, I'm trying to blatantly kill you
That's what i like about you Odd Day Jester.
Direct and to the point.
Unlike these talky balky types that go in circles for an eternity.

- Bunno
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:32 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

ok but why...

this question is important
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:39 am

Post by Noraa »

T^T ik the talky balky type is talking about me...
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:39 am

Post by Noraa »

All jokes aside, I don't think Taylors the scum here
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:40 am

Post by Noraa »

Both bugs and Redados are by far scummier than her. I won't be voting Taylor today unless we absolutely need the extra vote but otherwise, no
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:44 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I have an idea for your next gimmick account jester.
"Fence-sitty mc fencepost"
The guy that never takes a side on ANYTHING.

- Bunno
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:48 am

Post by Redados »

In post 1970, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I have an idea for your next gimmick account jester.
:lol: he would get lunched immediately

I'm not feeling a taylor lim today either. I just don't see it.
Odd Day Jester
Odd Day Jester
Goon
Odd Day Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:52 am

Post by Odd Day Jester »

In post 1966, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
ok but why...

this question is important
Because I think you're scum, Swifty
if you missed why
Odd Day Jester
Odd Day Jester
Goon
Odd Day Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:53 am

Post by Odd Day Jester »

In post 1970, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I have an idea for your next gimmick account jester.
lol I've had this idea before but I forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder, see you in the next mini
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:06 am

Post by Morning Tweet »