Mini 2167: Illicit Substances Mafia (Game Over!)

April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3650 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

Lack of action has officially become a separate action actively made.

Duly. Noted.
Time Is Money, Money Is Power, Power Is Pizza, Pizza is Knowledge
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3651 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 3648, April Ludgate wrote:I think you making an action can help many people’s read on you
I've heard this a lot, but I've rarely actually seen it. It turns out that when you know the action doesn't mean anything to me, it doesn't end up counting for a lot.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3652 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

Duly, I do say, I did.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3653 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:42 pm

Post by midwaybear »

Are you going to vote though
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3654 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:45 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

If Midway is scum with Scumthing Smart, this is some comedy gold scum theatre. That’s some good stuff really. Not even sarcastic.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3655 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:49 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 3621, April Ludgate wrote:
In post 3618, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3610, April Ludgate wrote:I feel he's extremely aware of the gamestate of the game, and is using Plus and Maria, in a team effort kind of way, to help boost momentum to certain areas of the game, IE, me, they boosted my momentum to go into their favor, and SS is exactly the type of person to be able to pull this off, especially with Maria who also knows who I am, and Plus the one in my town block.
I don't understand at all what you're accusing me of tbh
In post 3619, Something_Smart wrote:And you should know that I coast as town too :3
Hmm...nicely countered if you are scum. And true facts if you are town.... :igmeou: :igmeou:
I thought this sequence was pretty funny
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3656 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

Good counter to counters counter.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3657 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:14 pm

Post by midwaybear »

I don't think that was a particularly good look for Alisae, but my theory still seems pretty compelling. Not sure what Maid Cafe is doing, and I find it weird that they seem to not realize that there is a wagon on them.
VOTE: Maid Cafe
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3658 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by PlusJOYED »

why is maid more likely to be scum than 420 or ali? I don't understand
I'm getting exhausted at this point regardless. April's list makes no sense to me either but I don't wanna get into it right now
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3659 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:09 pm

Post by Maid Cafe »

We literally clear ourselves this game day 2+. I am not saying this from an ego "we are going to obv town it up" standpoint.
This is 100% a mechanical statement.

:|
Why are you... the only one causing me so much confusion?

aka beeboy and MariaR
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3660 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:13 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

I feel like I’ve seen this move before *thinking*
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3661 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:13 pm

Post by Maid Cafe »

In post 3654, April Ludgate wrote:If Midway is scum with Scumthing Smart, this is some comedy gold scum theatre. That’s some good stuff really. Not even sarcastic.
Midway should never be touched this game.

I don't have much in terms of reads but I sort of just want to vote out the Prism/420 slot right now.
It has 2 pretty mediocre members so far, everyone else I think I need flips to sort to a certain degree.

@Remi how much of your posting is coming from Giffy?

aka beeboy and MariaR
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3662 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:18 pm

Post by Maid Cafe »

In general I think this town is incredibly disjointed in a way that makes me feel unmotivated to actually try and win this game.
We have 150 pages but no one seems to have any concrete cases they feel like pushing.

We have 2 leading vanity wagons which makes parsing the actual game thread incredibly difficult because to some degree I am like "yeah I see why people are voting me" but on the other hand I just wish I saw something else going on that I could peg as "ok so scum are off wagon to try and setup this" or "This is the townie push being made".

It's just the post PlusJOYED made earlier of "MY LURKER WAGON IS BETTER THEN YOUR LURKER WAGON".
I am not saying I am actually helping any of these problems myself but that is kind of what I identified this game.

aka beeboy and MariaR
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3663 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:19 pm

Post by Maid Cafe »

Although it's probably rude of me to just come in and complain about the game state while doing nothing to help it.
I don't mean to shit on the work people are putting into this game.

aka beeboy and MariaR
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3664 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:23 pm

Post by Maid Cafe »

VOTE: 420 blaze

I think we should at least try and counter wagon on someone we think is going to flip scum.
I'd obviously self pres and I'll talk to Maria about getting us to claim in the morning.

@Alisae @S_S @Midway can you provide me with support on this?

aka beeboy and MariaR
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3665 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:26 pm

Post by Maid Cafe »

I think the confusion of S_S here of wanting to make a right choice comes from town.
The scum agenda here is typically to just sit on some random 3rd read when you are facing down 2 town wagons.

Basically you see 2 town flips then go "hey guys look told you I was right all along".
His angle in particular just feels like it comes from town, unless Alisae is just scum here but I think there reaction to the constant pressure is kind of towny? Me and Claire had a conversation on this that she wanted me to use a really fine meta read on them but my thing is I am not that familiar with Alisae reacting in this particular way to being wagoned, I am used to either trolling or frustration and getting neither kills my sample size. Maybe 2 years ago I would have had a good read in this spot but my memory on these more outlier cases is rought.

Midwaybear is just playing like town right now and I'd fight tooth and nail to defend him :|

aka beeboy and MariaR
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3666 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by Maid Cafe »

PlusJOYED played in a newbie I modded so I feel obligated to at least try and make a comment.
Tonally he feels in line but without a sample for a scum read I can't actually say anything in that regard.
Although I can make null comments on this in regards to anyone?

I think Remi's vote is the cheap no push back vote which is why they are voting us, if I had to peek at the 4 votes on me and pick a worst one I like theres the least tbh. Although this is partly a bop read because they are one of the strongest slots in the game and I don't see them voting a self resolving slot.

Everyone else is varying shades of null I guess, scum reads are hard to form sorry.

aka beeboy and MariaR
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3667 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 3664, Maid Cafe wrote:@Alisae @S_S @Midway can you provide me with support on this?
eh probably. I'd rather the slot just be replaced but it doesn't seem like it's gonna allow that. just feels like a waste of a perfectly good game to spend a day policying a troll alt.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3668 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:36 pm

Post by Maid Cafe »

Eliminating town or self resolving slots also feels kind of shitty.
I don't really have the balls to vote the Remi slot then leave it to Maria to justify if I need to dip again since it's largly a gut read if we ignore my main point which is basically just. If I had nothing better to do I would vote a "self resolving" slot that isn't doing anything. But on the other hand I sort of expect Remi to have something better to do. Idk boping rusty players may not be the best idea though.

I wouldn't mind talking about other options if you have something on your mind.

aka beeboy and MariaR
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3669 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:39 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

kind of silly to say no one has any concrete cases but then also acknowledge that you haven't formed scum reads either

in what way do you confirm yourselves d2+? (and yes, before anyone points out the obvious, i am rolefishing here, but since you outed that yourself, i want something more... concrete)
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3670 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:47 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 3665, Maid Cafe wrote:I am not that familiar with Alisae reacting in this particular way to being wagoned, I am used to either trolling or frustration and getting neither kills my sample size
you didn't see frustration? or uh, what do you call alisae's reaction then?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3671 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:48 pm

Post by Maid Cafe »

mmm I was under the impression that Maria already claimed that. We were talking about our role while playing league around the time I replaced in.

I am not against claiming more information, I as a solo slot would have just treated myself as being L-1 and claimed since I also want to pull pressure off Alisae right now.
If Maria does not contact me in the next 24 hours I willl, otherwise I don't think I should be sharing that kind of info as this slot is shared.

aka beeboy and MariaR
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3672 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:51 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i just want to know if this is something dumb like "we have a role that scum would never ever ever have (except games where they have had it)" or if this is actual mod confirmation sort of thing
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3673 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:55 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

also is there a reason you guys haven't talked about april literally claiming the exact same thing?

or you guys just didn't find it weird that another person is claiming they can confirm themselves d3?
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3674 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:56 pm

Post by Maid Cafe »

In post 3670, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 3665, Maid Cafe wrote:I am not that familiar with Alisae reacting in this particular way to being wagoned, I am used to either trolling or frustration and getting neither kills my sample size
you didn't see frustration? or uh, what do you call alisae's reaction then?
I don't love trying to characterize people's play when it isn't self described but I am getting a more apathetic vibe even in post feels more like a "whatever this sucks".

While the frustration I am more familiar with reading comes off as more "whatever this game sucks" kind of deal?
And after 2 years a small change like that is enough to throw off my ability to confidently metaread someone.

I had a game recently where I believed someone to be scum because I thought them saying "X is a strong scum player" was completely out of character.
I read the ISO of there past 5 scum games, I asked them to find a town game where they did it.
I used the search function to try and find usages of the term "strong scum player" to describe a read.

I came up with 0 results for both alignments, I voted them off because of it, they flipped town. I am weary of the idea of generalizing meta right now.

aka beeboy and MariaR

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”