2020 scum league fantasy football

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:03 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Yeah you got it right, this is what we've always done (or at least have been doing in recent years)
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:04 am

Post by PokerFace »

FAAB?

Unless someones entire fantasy team gets covid, no one is all ten and min, no one should have a rush as large as what rec seems to infer. And a rush of injuries can really effect anyone not just last so i am not on board with reck.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:07 am

Post by PokerFace »

I recall us doing it recs way only once. Back when we had 3 leagues i was in 3 and we had things accidently set that way. Entire league greed to never do it again for same reasons i gave earlier and because all those involved did not like it.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:14 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

i thought yahoo standard settings was reverse order of standings
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:16 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 201, PokerFace wrote:FAAB?

Unless someones entire fantasy team gets covid, no one is all ten and min, no one should have a rush as large as what rec seems to infer. And a rush of injuries can really effect anyone not just last so i am not on board with reck.
i mean im looking at bbm's team that has been plagued by injuries and he cannot get any big pickups above the waiver wire bc he literally has not been above 9 the entire season. and they process in order.

so... #1 gets their pick, goes to 10. #4 gets their pick, goes to 10, bumps #1 up to 9. #7 gets their pick, goes to 10, bumps #1 up to 8, #4 up to 9. finally, #10 gets to pick -- their *fourth choice* -- and goes back to #10, bumping everyone up above him.

it's a cycle where the last pick is always going to stay last pick AND not get their top priority/top pick ever.
green shirt thursdays
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:24 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 201, PokerFace wrote:FAAB?

FAAB (Free Agent Auction Budget, I think?) gives you a $100 (or whatever the commish's heart desires) budget to spend on waiver wire acquisitions over the course of the season; the person that spends the most on a player during the waiver period gets them and pays however much money they bid. You still use another waiver system to settle ties, but the
vast
majority of ties will be when multiple people try to get a player while only bidding $0.

We use it for the fantasy baseball auction league each year and it seems to be relatively effective, even though it generally doesn't work as well because there's a waiver period every day (for 180 waiver periods per season) instead of at most two per week (30 per season).

(profile pic by datisi)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:55 am

Post by PokerFace »

How many injuries does BBM/FlameAxe have that he needs that many players? I can't view yahoo fantasy football while at work. I am in first with both Bell and McCaffery on IR and have been able to find replacement for them.

FAAB sounds fine. But if you bid $50 on a player, get them, they get injured, you drop them, then do you now get that $50 back or is it gone forever?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:15 am

Post by Nero Cain »

if we do FFAB I'm giving you guys $10 for the season
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:21 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 206, PokerFace wrote:How many injuries does BBM/FlameAxe have that he needs that many players? I can't view yahoo fantasy football while at work. I am in first with both Bell and McCaffery on IR and have been able to find replacement for them.

FAAB sounds fine. But if you bid $50 on a player, get them, they get injured, you drop them, then do you now get that $50 back or is it gone forever?
you do understand the point i'm making is that if someone is in 10th and submits a waiver claim and someone is in 1st and submits a waiver claim the person in 10th will always wind up back of the stack right?
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:22 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

they will NEVER get their first pick if contested and they will ALWAYS be last priority
green shirt thursdays
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:44 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

What? If you contest a player on waivers (ie. Both of you pick up the same person) and win you get dropped down to 12th, and everyone else gets moved up a spot.

Edit: two words

(profile pic by datisi)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:50 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 204, xRECKONERx wrote:it's a cycle where the last pick is always going to stay last pick AND not get their top priority/top pick ever.
this isn't entirely true. If they don't use the WW on Tuesday then they'll move up in the order.

BBM got Jefferson who was one of if not the top add this week. One of the reasons he's doing poorly is b/c he took a HUGE risk by drafting Fournette in the 2nd. He prob could have grabbed him much later
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:50 am

Post by PokerFace »

I think I may be misunderstanding you. I have been doing a shit ton of math at work today so my brain is a little fried at moment. Let me get on same page as you

1. How many injuries has BBM/Flameaxe had?
2. Has everyone above BBM in waiver priority been using their waiver priority? Have they been getting reset to 10 when using it?
3. How many people has BBM/Flameaxe been trying to get at once? Like what is most number of players he has gotten in 1 week off waivers?

4. Are you suggesting that whoever is in last should get all the people they want before anyone else gets anyone OR
Are you suggesting that whoever is in last gets their first choice, then everyone else in line gets their top most choice down the line, until it loops around to last again and they get their most highest choice and so on until all waiver selections are handled?
How many injuries does BBM/FlameAxe have that he needs that many players? I can't view yahoo fantasy football while at work. I am in first
place
with both Bell and McCaffery on IR and have been able to find replacement for them.

My waiver priority was only 4 at time as Nero pointed out when I used it to get mike davis. I have not used it every week so you do realize players that don't use it really aren't effecting bbm's chances of getting players.

From what I hear BBM is very good at fantasy football. Two first place finishes back to back in league 1. One first place finish in league 3 got him into league 1. He tends to make bold picks that pay off good so I shocked he last though season is young. Are you sure his large number of picks is because he has gotten injuries or is it because of his play style?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:02 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Also his kicker got hurt. Hurst got hut and Barkley got hurt but he ended up getting his replacement anyways so seems kinda moot.

He just didn't have a very good draft and it happens.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:09 am

Post by Nero Cain »

What Reck is saying that the player that's in last place should get his or her top pick. The only thing that I see that might be a slight problem is if you...like you can still have close losses and a good team and then if you're in last place you just get to pad your team with the top WW pick while teams that are affected by injuries and such but might be getting by are getting so much worse.

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:31 pm

Post by PokerFace »

yay unless recks method can fix:
In post 196, PokerFace wrote:How would you do waivers? I think its best when its based on who has been making use of the waivers the most. You get people a lot and use the waiver priority, you lose it. That's better than last place always getting first because if the right player gets injured, you will never get their backup and your entire season could go to shit. For example, let's say its the playoffs and you are playing 4th seed next week. Your team is great so you never really picked up anyone. But your #1 rb just went down with injury last week. And who gets first dibs at the backup? The guy in last who is not even in the playoffs. The guy who has been scrabbling for players all season, making bad choices. He can do well in consolation bracket if they are in it. Meanwhile you finish forth after your undefeated season
I do not support his ideas
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:24 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

i literally cannot believe reverse order of standing is controversial.

if you're making a ton of waiver moves and are still in last place but have to go to the back of the line that sucks. MS is the only place that ive seen that plays with continual rolling priority. it's like the twilight zone.
green shirt thursdays
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:06 pm

Post by PJ. »

Faab is literally the only non broken way
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 217, PJ. wrote:Faab is literally the only non broken way
this, reverse order of standings just causes different problems.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:35 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

i prefer faab but i couldve sworn reverse order was yahoo standard nowadays
green shirt thursdays
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:39 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

In post 206, PokerFace wrote:How many injuries does BBM/FlameAxe have that he needs that many players? I can't view yahoo fantasy football while at work. I am in first with both Bell and McCaffery on IR and have been able to find replacement for them.

my kicker was injured this week
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:40 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

also these settings have never been what I played with before I quit and tbh yall are justifying my quit
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:47 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

In post 211, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 204, xRECKONERx wrote:it's a cycle where the last pick is always going to stay last pick AND not get their top priority/top pick ever.
this isn't entirely true. If they don't use the WW on Tuesday then they'll move up in the order.

BBM got Jefferson who was one of if not the top add this week. One of the reasons he's doing poorly is b/c he took a HUGE risk by drafting Fournette in the 2nd. He prob could have grabbed him much later
I like the part where this cunt keeps trying to make the same shit point for 4 straight weeks

I like the part where he represents why this site is complete ass
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:55 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

why are you guys so bad at fantasy football?
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:55 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

last place always gets first waiver claim lol

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”