2020 scum league fantasy football

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:17 am

Post by T-Bone »

Most of us aren't even using waivers. I'm 7th in priority despite not making a waiver claim since week 2
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:21 am

Post by PokerFace »

shrug. I don't take internet banter personal and try to never say offensive or derogatory things back. Better to ignore than complain and risk anyone getting banned on this site
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:23 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I don't care about what he said to me but dumping his roster as some kind of protest is just that...immature.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:25 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I think I can edit his roster and give him back all the players he dropped and then lock his team. I think that might be the most fair thing?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:27 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

i mean i personally dont think you should do that?
green shirt thursdays
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:28 am

Post by T-Bone »

Oh I was wondering why there were suddenly starters on waivers. Yeah, I think you should put them back if possible
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:30 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

we were at a 9 person league before he joined, him releasing shit into the wild is just us going back to 9 tbh
green shirt thursdays
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:30 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean, I haven't done anything and I don't plan to until we talk about it but like....the way I feel is like he dumped his roster and players that one wouldn't normally get they can now get and it seems kinda unfair or something?

BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:31 am

Post by BrightEyedFish »

Oh that's why they popped up. Should I cancel my waiver claims?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:32 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

ppl couldve traded him for stuff, idk there's options

also like part of me thinks it's his slot and if that's what he wants to do then he does it and... that's his choice?

i dunno
green shirt thursdays
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:34 am

Post by BrightEyedFish »

He added all the def teams wtf.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:35 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 258, BrightEyedFish wrote:Oh that's why they popped up. Should I cancel my waiver claims?
What do you think is the most ethical thing to do, let us vulture his roster or to let me put humpty dumpty back together again?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:36 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 260, BrightEyedFish wrote:He added all the def teams wtf.
I can fix that. I think.

BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:40 am

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 261, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 258, BrightEyedFish wrote:Oh that's why they popped up. Should I cancel my waiver claims?
What do you think is the most ethical thing to do, let us vulture his roster or to let me put humpty dumpty back together again?
The situation sucks. I've never had this happen before.

As far as what is more ethical, both options are justified. I'd say put the team back since we are heading into W4.

But I won't object if the majority wants to keep the players on the market.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:45 am

Post by Nero Cain »

As much as I want DK Metcalf I do think the correct play is to put his roster back together and just let his team be an npc for the rest of the year but I'm also going to go with the majority.

BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:47 am

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 264, Nero Cain wrote:As much as I want DK Metcalf.

Me too :lol:
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:51 am

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 244, PokerFace wrote:The main reason I am a browns fan is because I live in Cleveland and I want them to be good again.
Don't feel bad. I'm a Bengals fan.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:02 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 222, Flameaxe wrote:I like the part where this cunt keeps trying to make the same shit point for 4 straight weeks

I like the part where he represents why this site is complete ass
Guy, I never made it a "point" I made a maybe not so funny joke about you drafting Fournette in the draft recap and maybe I made the same silly joke gain in the week 2 recap but this is the only time that I've come right out and said that you didn't have a great draft. Its not meant to be an insult and I'm not sure why you are taking it as one. I understand why you drafted the players you did but your roster hasn't really panned out and thats just an objective truth. Not sure why you are throwing a temper tantrum about it.

I mean, if the WW was meant to be set on not continual rolling list then that's on me but thats what it was previously set on and what I remember.
In post 200, D3f3nd3r wrote:Yeah you got it right, this is what we've always done (or at least have been doing in recent years)
So maybe I didn't make a mistake?

So I consulted the internet. Most of what I found were sites/articles about who to pick up but I did find

https://www.fantasyjocks.com/blogs/news ... ball-rules

and what I felt was a really funny line
he last place team is catapulted to the top of the pecking order, getting his or her choice of the crop of free agents, regardless of how many moves you made in the previous week/s.
I assume only leagues consisting of members under the age of 14 use this setting
, and only because it was the default and they don’t know how to change it.
:lol:

and

https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/2015/ ... r-options/

both those sites, my personal feelings and several of you guys have said that FAAB is the most fair. I do like auction b/c everyone mostly has the same chance to get any player both in the draft and off waivers. In hindsight maybe I should have been more proactive and made the change to FAAB or at least proposed the idea of switching it to FAAB. I also think that L1 and L2 should have the same type of waivers so I'll send KMD a pm later and we'll talk about things.

Also its just a game.

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:11 am

Post by PokerFace »

Flameaxe did what? I can't access all fantasy football stuff while at work, but it sounds like he dropped everyone and messed with all the defenses.

Yay put humpty back together or give his team to someone else that wants to join the league. I don't get why flame would do something like that. Things escalated really poorly :(
Last edited by PokerFace on Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:13 am

Post by Nero Cain »

he was angry that he wasn't getting his way or something, not really sure.

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:23 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Id say put the players back and try to find a replacement.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:29 am

Post by PokerFace »

With henry, schuster, tanehill and probably adams and mosert out should I tank in my non ms league to get better waiver? What you guys think? I hate setting that allow that, but should I do it since I got no one to sub in for that league? The urge to exploit the crappy system is high
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:53 am

Post by Nero Cain »

go for it

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:59 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

i think moving the dropped players into his team and locking his team is the most fair way to handle it
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:05 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I think putting his team back and locking it gives everyone in his division an unfair advantage and at least if the players were released those of us not in his division would have a shot.
green shirt thursdays

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”