2020 scum league fantasy football

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:08 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

what advantage are you talking about? it would be the same as if somebody ragequit from the league.

if you let him dump his whole team onto the waivers it gives an unfair advantage to whoever picks up his best players that shouldn't have been dropped in the first place.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:40 am

Post by Nero Cain »

yeah Reck I'm not really understanding. The only thing I can think of is when he has injured or byes and he's not there to switch them out then yeah it does give the team he's playing that week an advantage but that's not all that different than an inactive owner. If he has an empty roster then he just gives free wins and then yes his division opponents would have an advantage. Maybe we'll get a replace or if you wanted me to kinda manage his team and try to make it competitive I could. (I promise I wouldn't do anything to benefit my main team) it seems like if we allowed his roster to just get vultured then the players that get his said players would benefit greatly.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:09 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 275, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:what advantage are you talking about? it would be the same as if somebody ragequit from the league.

if you let him dump his whole team onto the waivers it gives an unfair advantage to whoever picks up his best players that shouldn't have been dropped in the first place.
ppl in his division play him twice and will get two free wins throughout the year. everyone else only gets 1. at least people in the other division could go for some of the dropped roster to try and bolster their roster.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:12 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

bbm was asked to join the league to fill an emergency 10th spot bc agar was playing, then agar wasnt playing. he doesnt want to participate further. season wouldve gone on with or without him. moving his roster to free agency feels like the best way to revert the league back to its 9 player state, rather than have an entire roster locked up by a nonplayer who is going to be starting inactives and handing out free wins to his division
green shirt thursdays
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:16 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I feel like you have it backwards man. If his roster is empty then he's giving out free wins. If his roster is restored then he's just a weak npc.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:42 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

he's a free win either way with injuries and a locked roster, am i on another planet right now?
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:43 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

he's a free win in BOTH scenarios. but one of the scenarios lets people not in his division have a chance at recouping some losses.
green shirt thursdays
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:44 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Idk how that gets balanced out besides replacing the slot. Y'all could just say 3 teams per division make the playoffs instead of having it be one or two per division plus wild-cards, but that still puts his division at an advantage.
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:45 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Also at least this league *has* dropped players go to waivers and it's not just a free-for-all for whoever logs on first to get the best players...I think I've seen leagues that don't work that way.

(profile pic by datisi)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:47 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I asked LLD toreplace in anyways so I can just transfer the team.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:09 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I rather get a replace but I understand Recks position a little better though it still feels a bit wrong to let folks cannibalize his roster like that.

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:01 am

Post by PokerFace »

yay reck is right this time. Its free wins either way for that division. Not sure its right to canibalize things though. I vote we find replacement.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:44 pm

Post by Aronis »

[quote="In post 241, D3f3nd3r"][/quote]
well i still wanted there to be strategy involved
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:33 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Drafting has strategy!

(profile pic by datisi)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:33 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 286, PokerFace wrote:yay reck is right this time. Its free wins either way for that division.
it's not necessarily a free win each week. His roster could still have a good week and if a team is racked by injuries and or bye weeks he could easily win. What guarantees that he gives out free wins is if we allow him to have an empty roster. I'm bugging people to fill in.

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:36 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 289, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 286, PokerFace wrote:yay reck is right this time. Its free wins either way for that division.
it's not necessarily a free win each week. His roster could still have a good week and if a team is racked by injuries and or bye weeks he could easily win. What guarantees that he gives out free wins is if we allow him to have an empty roster. I'm bugging people to fill in.
it's free wins all the way down if you think his team is going to stay static and have a chance at beating anyone
which would mean to make it competitive you'd need to set his lineup each week which is also unfair

i'd be shocked if bbm's team wins a single game the rest of the season without meddling, and in that case, it solely benefits the people he plays twice, gg to the rest of us
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

replacement is acceptable tho
green shirt thursdays
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:31 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

Don't know if this was mentioned but this is from the official Yahoo Fantasy twitter account:

With the NFL planning to reschedule Steelers-Titans for later in the season, we’ll be moving the game from a postponed state to a bye for all involved.

Players will only receive COVID-IR status if placed on the list by the NFL. Please plan accordingly for your Week 4 lineups.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:57 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 275, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:what advantage are you talking about? it would be the same as if somebody ragequit from the league.

Nero being completely oblivious to how big of an asshole he is being about this truly tickles me.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:09 am

Post by Nero Cain »

no I'm really not. B/c I don't think its 100% fair that we just let him roster dump. Throwing a tantrum b/c your team isn't doing well is immature and lame.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:12 am

Post by Nero Cain »

and most ppl agree with me so...

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:38 am

Post by PJ. »

dude, the way you treated him was definitely fucked up and unquestionably not befitting of someone that runs the league, tbh. And the fact you don't understand that is as baffling as it is extraordinarily on brand for you. The way he responded wasn't great, but even your response to that was get several more shots in after he was already gone. People agreeing that BBM shouldn't of dumped his league doesn't mean you weren't being a complete dick.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:44 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I didn't do shit to BBM.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:45 am

Post by Nero Cain »

well, I called him immature but I feel like what he did was immature so...

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:47 am

Post by Nero Cain »

So @ some point this season I will be making a poll about changes we might be implementing
next season
. I would like you guys, either in this thread or via pm/discord to make proposals on what we will vote on.

So far the things we will be voting on are

-making FAAB our waiver and the budget (I propose $100)
-using ppr
-getting rid of kickers
-draft pick trades
-getting rid of the 3rd WR and making it a flex spot

So you propose away and we can discuss things.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”