MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 147, Thestatusquo wrote:I've gotten minor scum pings from murdercat
I know we talked about this before when you misunderstood me, but I'm surprised to see you'd still vote me now. I know you said it's not a strong read, but I'd be interested to hear your explanation if you don't mind.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 114, The Bulge wrote:
In post 85, OutWorldER wrote:Murdercat gives me gut feelings of scum from the way he dismissed the growing wagon on him but I'll admit that's weak, which is I'm not voting him. I'd like a proper wagon on him sometime, but like I said, I'd rather have a wagon somebody who will be troublesome to read so we can figure them out early.
you cite a weak gutread here as a reason for not voting murdercat, but is that not what made you want to push blitzo?
part of the reason
is there any other specific reason you are not voting murdercat?
In that particular instance I decided it was better to try and pressure a slot I felt was hard to get a grasp on than push minor scumpings. I'm still in the midst of parsing the information I've gathered.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:06 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

I feel like I should post more tonight but I'm very tired so I'll head to bed and try to engage with this game more in the morning.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:08 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 152, OutWorldER wrote:I feel like I should post more tonight but I'm very tired so I'll head to bed and try to engage with this game more in the morning.
take care of yourself. it's been a hell of a week.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Kasumeat
Kasumeat
Goon
Kasumeat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:22 pm

Post by Kasumeat »

In post 34, Blitzo wrote:This seems like a bit of a stretch - what makes you think I don't enjoy the game and what bearing does that have on my alignment?
I agree with the others re: this post. This is a bizarre way to react to an RVS vote on you. The only time I have seen players react to an RVS vote by questioning the logic behind the random vote is from complete newbies. So if you've been playing for years, your reaction is very strange. I'm trying to wrap my head around why an experienced player would react that way and frankly it doesn't make much sense to me.

Blitzo, my read on you was not very strong at this point but it was alignment-indicative to me because I think either you're an alt intentionally trying a different playstyle and your posting is strange because it's unnatural for you (which is alignment-neutral) or you're scum and your posting is strange because most people post less naturally as scum. Why are you asking me about the justification for my RVS vote on you?
Kasumeat
Kasumeat
Goon
Kasumeat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:36 pm

Post by Kasumeat »

I've mostly liked Murdercat except for this:
In post 105, MURDERCAT wrote:{Thestatusquo}
{Panzerjager, PookyTheMagicalBear, The Bulge}
{Not_Mafia, Noraa, Kasumeat, duppin, OutWorldER, UneducatedGuesser}
{Gamma Emerald}
{Blitzo}

pedit: Was just about to post this for content but ok
I agree with the SRs but the TRs on Panzer and Pooky are bizarre. Panzer has just two RVS votes and Pooky has made nothing but no-content white noise posts. Why do you TR them?
Kasumeat
Kasumeat
Goon
Kasumeat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:54 pm

Post by Kasumeat »

Uneductaed Guesser, Duppin, Panzer, Noraa, Not Mafia, and Pooky haven't really made a post with content yet. I'd like to hear from them. Pooky bother's me the most here since he's been posting but not really saying anything.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:28 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 155, Kasumeat wrote:I agree with the SRs but the TRs on Panzer and Pooky are bizarre. Panzer has just two RVS votes and Pooky has made nothing but no-content white noise posts. Why do you TR them?
is his explanation.

btw let's solve the game together Kasu. Are you good at finding bad guys?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:07 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: Outworld

Let's Powilate this slot
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:35 pm

Post by duppin »

In post 64, OutWorldER wrote:Blitzo stuff is...strange but I'm not sure if it can actually be extrapolated in a way the hints to Alignment. The most it could be is very minor scumlean since you can argue their abstinence from voting is obfuscating information but that's quite a stretch.

Either way, if he's going to be troublesome to read, I'd rather have a wagon on him right now.

VOTE: Blitzo
i actually don't think there is anything suspicious about Blitzo's post at all. sure its a bit odd, but i dont see it as being scummy at all. in fact i kind of feel it is slightly town simply because i think it would be odd for scum to do it but thats a stretch.
In post 96, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 94, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:like you're trying to pocket shea while I'm trying to pocket shea and it is not cool yo
But I’m fully admitting the weak logic, and I’m willing to admit it was probably like 15% driven by wanting shea to trust me
Doesn’t exactly make me scum, no?
i mean even if i agree with your overall point the last comment is a bit odd. it's not like it makes you town either.
but anyway why do you want shea to trust you?
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:36 pm

Post by duppin »

In post 105, MURDERCAT wrote:{Thestatusquo}
{Panzerjager, PookyTheMagicalBear, The Bulge}
{Not_Mafia, Noraa, Kasumeat, duppin, OutWorldER, UneducatedGuesser}
{Gamma Emerald}
{Blitzo}

pedit: Was just about to post this for content but ok
whats your read on Blitzo after your interaction?
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:41 pm

Post by duppin »

In post 144, Thestatusquo wrote:I actually think that scum on average put more effort into making their posts logical and consistent than town do because they're actively crafting them to deceive whereas I find town tend to have more inconsistencies on average because they're just saying things they think as they occur to them.

Not to say that scum cant be inconsistent but given that scum have a specific narrative they're trying to create and town don't I tend to think that small little inconsistencies and lapses in logic are slight town tells to me.

But I'm gunna shut up about this because its just OOG theory and not particularly useful.
honestly if you believe this you will probably end up scumreading me this game
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:43 pm

Post by duppin »

I'm actually leaning town on Blitzo. I agree with the sentiment his early play has been a odd but that's probably also why think it is more likely to come from town
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:49 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 160, duppin wrote:whats your read on Blitzo after your interaction?
I'm happy with my vote there for now, but i feel like often times the weird day 1 player ends up being a miselim pushed by scum, so I am cognizant of that.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:52 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 162, duppin wrote:I'm actually leaning town on Blitzo. I agree with the sentiment his early play has been a odd but that's probably also why think it is more likely to come from town
I do feel like this is dangerous. Anyway I'm not convinced so going to continue to pressure. What would make me townread the slot is having some actual reads and doing some actual solving, versus the weird push on me that went nowhere
UneducatedGuesser
UneducatedGuesser
Goon
UneducatedGuesser
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:29 am

Post by UneducatedGuesser »

Dammit guys I thought the shitposting would last longer and I'd be safe to go out drinking last night after work, oh well.

First instincts, hungover pre-caffeinated version.

Blitzo feels kind of ok, honestly. I wouldn't call it a townread but I also don't feel especially bad about that slot. Sometimes people don't jive with the RVS and early game shenanigans and it feels like a reason to push them, other times it feels like an excuse to push them. This feels more the latter than the former.

murdercat did the pushing, actually has some heat generated on himself for it. It might not be penetrating the hangover but I just don't see all that good a reason for the pushback. I found his stance and vote on Blitzo the least problematic and the most likely to be done in good faith.

VOTE: OutWorldER along those lines, I just can't get on board with the reasoning there. I mean, he said Blitzo was troublesome to read so that's a wagon and ok, but acknowledging that you believe something is NAI and voting it anyway isn't for me. If it was I'd be voting for Pooky because she was drinking expensive Bourbon instead of expensive Scotch yesterday. I find that troublesome and weird but I wouldn't try and stick her on a launchpad for it.

TSQ seems alright in his contributions.

The fact that Noraa's one of the quiet ones is bothering me, since she's the only person here I've played a game with and I expected the thread to have 2-3 more pages on account of her by now. Might be nothing, might be something, but feels kind of worth comment even in the first 24 hours.

Still on the fence for anyone I haven't mentioned. D1s take me a bit to get going. I'll come back to this once the coffee and advil are working.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:12 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 165, UneducatedGuesser wrote:Dammit guys I thought the shitposting would last longer and I'd be safe to go out drinking last night after work, oh well.
I can think of at least one other reason why its not safe to go out drinking after work...
UneducatedGuesser
UneducatedGuesser
Goon
UneducatedGuesser
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:24 am

Well, "out" is an overstatement in that I didn't get drunk in my house, myself and one work friend who lives a few blocks from me sat on his back deck with a bottle of rum. Long month.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:34 am

Scotch is mostly overrated

my ranking for whiskey right now is

Japan > Bourbon > Irish > Scotch
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
UneducatedGuesser
UneducatedGuesser
Goon
UneducatedGuesser
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:41 am

I mean, I'm from the homeland originally so I'm forced to disagree.

Most scotch that's decently easily obtainable in other countries is overrated, I've found in the past decade I've lived in the US, I'll give you that.
UneducatedGuesser
UneducatedGuesser
Goon
UneducatedGuesser
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:43 am

It's also disgustingly overpriced here far more often than not.

We can definitely find common ground on products from Japan, though.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:49 am

There's been some decrease in quality imo as it has gotten more popular - the production has not kept up with demand so more people have been cutting corners and putting out some shady NAI blends.

I do have a nice bottle of A'bunadh that I've been enjoying for the last few months now.

How strongly do you feel about Outworld? Is that a pressure vote or a vote to kill?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:56 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 168, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Scotch is mostly overrated

my ranking for whiskey right now is

Japan > Bourbon > Irish > Scotch
You left off rye which is the best one.

Also VOTE: pooky

Please talk about the game even a little bit.
UneducatedGuesser
UneducatedGuesser
Goon
UneducatedGuesser
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:02 am

24 hours into the game I feel strongly about Outworld relative to how I feel about everything else, which is not a damning indictment. It's the thing I feel is most worth voting on at this particular moment in time.
Kasumeat
Kasumeat
Goon
Kasumeat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:03 am

Post by Kasumeat »

In post 157, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: is his explanation.
Ah I missed that. Still don't like it.
btw let's solve the game together Kasu. Are you good at finding bad guys?
My heart and my best intentions tell me that I am, but the facts and the evidence tell me I am not.

Are you? Because I still don't see you contributing anything.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”