arachnidsGrip
arachnidsGrip
Townie
arachnidsGrip
Townie
Townie

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:02 am

Post by arachnidsGrip »

In post 198, Donempire wrote: Weird bunch of posts, and i agree with cw here. Trying to control the game during midgame is perfectly fine if you know you have a lead and can follow it and have the town follow it. This early into the game powerplaying is useless as there is no information, and only serves to either shut down discussion by either making anyone disagreeing with the powerplayer back off or make it personal, lowering the quality of it all, like what happened with sesq and jdye.
Also, i'll come back to koba, but sesqs few starting posts arent so much controlling the game as its controlling the discussion around her. Most of what she described as powerplays are just being aggressive towards any slights made towards her.
I know, I suspected a Sesq and DkKo8a scum team from the outset, yet, I still can't get over the calcul8ed 8ehavior of cw357. He had two motives in all of the posts he made, cover JDye, try to 8oot SE's. Which is why my vote stands as it is.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:40 am

Post by Donempire »

Pagetop. Guess i can put my general thoughts here for visibility.

So far, im not impressed by sesq. She seems way too overbearing that it goes beyond just reaction testing newbies and fully into controlling discussion, which i dont like one bit. To add on top of that, i dont remember a single point she made against people shes voting, which for someone that has been very much present in discussion i find unacceptable. Shes clearly more interested in style, in this case being a presence in the game, over substance.
VOTE: Sesq
Its also disturbing that the sesq wagon has died down, because this further cements that her plan worked. She gained presence, talked as if she was saying a lot but didnt do much of anything, and then got out of the situation squeaky clean as people attributed this to her personality rather than a gameplay plan. Now this could still be her personality, but its hard to argue that she has done much of anything for town this game.
Another person i noticed was jdye. I think hes coming from a town POV, but hes still misguided. Tunnelling should never be a strategy you employ as town, as if you're wrong you end up making your entire iso about casing a townie and if you're correct your points are approached with a grain of salt because you are going in there with an agenda. In any case, i think i'll be able to speak on his alignment confidently in the near future.
I'd say cw and comes out of this the towniest. But since hes the leading wagon, i'll prepare a more thorough explanation when i have time since this seems more important than my other reads.

Other than that, i dont think theres anyone i have any strong thoughts on.
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:46 am

Post by Sesq »

Then who am I with?
JDye
JDye
Goon
JDye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:47 am

Post by JDye »

In post 145, arachnidsGrip wrote:I will change my vote if Sesq and Dk change theirs.
In post 200, arachnidsGrip wrote:I know, I suspected a Sesq and DkKo8a scum team from the outset
You suspected them as a scum team but would only vote someone else if they do? I know you said you want to vote with a majority, and that kinda made sense to me when I thought you were town reading them, but when you suspect they're the scum team? I am reading archanidsGrip a bit more townish after post 150 though, the last line in particular. I think it'd be a hard thing to say as scum.

@Dongempire
, I mentioned in my first post that I had a tendency to tunnel, so if you're calling me out on it, I'll keep it in mind. It's hard to view my own play objectively.
arachnidsGrip
arachnidsGrip
Townie
arachnidsGrip
Townie
Townie

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:58 am

Post by arachnidsGrip »

In post 203, JDye wrote:
In post 145, arachnidsGrip wrote:I will change my vote if Sesq and Dk change theirs.
In post 200, arachnidsGrip wrote:I know, I suspected a Sesq and DkKo8a scum team from the outset
You suspected them as a scum team but would only vote someone else if they do? I know you said you want to vote with a majority, and that kinda made sense to me when I thought you were town reading them, but when you suspect they're the scum team? I am reading archanidsGrip a bit more townish after post 150 though, the last line in particular. I think it'd be a hard thing to say as scum.

@Dongempire
, I mentioned in my first post that I had a tendency to tunnel, so if you're calling me out on it, I'll keep it in mind. It's hard to view my own play objectively.
Yes, though you see, there are only 2 scum, and I always play as if I could 8e wrong. I suspected them sure, and they are still in my notes as a potential scum team, 8ut so were you and cw357 (which has 8een amended, I am unsure who is scum with cw anymore). It makes sense to me to vote on at least one of the suspected scum teams if the majority is going that way.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:06 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 200, arachnidsGrip wrote:
In post 198, Donempire wrote: Weird bunch of posts, and i agree with cw here. Trying to control the game during midgame is perfectly fine if you know you have a lead and can follow it and have the town follow it. This early into the game powerplaying is useless as there is no information, and only serves to either shut down discussion by either making anyone disagreeing with the powerplayer back off or make it personal, lowering the quality of it all, like what happened with sesq and jdye.
Also, i'll come back to koba, but sesqs few starting posts arent so much controlling the game as its controlling the discussion around her. Most of what she described as powerplays are just being aggressive towards any slights made towards her.
I know, I suspected a Sesq and DkKo8a scum team from the outset, yet, I still can't get over the calcul8ed 8ehavior of cw357. He had two motives in all of the posts he made, cover JDye, try to 8oot SE's. Which is why my vote stands as it is.
what does this mean
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:08 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 196, Donempire wrote:
In post 76, DkKoba wrote:just so you know, a joke is a joke. I clearly saw that line and thought it would be funny to respond that way. like you don't need to make it deep lol
This is still a garbage post
whats garbage abt it?
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:14 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 128, cw357 wrote:either DkKoba or sesq you need to explain immediately why quickhammering based on a gut-read is ever a good idea and stop deflecting my question
im overgamed and wanted to do something fun and wasnt really taking it seriously. ik its not exactly the most protown but i thought itd be fun to do a little chat mafia strategy based on a tonal read. on reread i think ur town fwiw and part of it is this reaction to the speedwagon

i do think a TvT wagon is being setup and ill explain next post.
retired
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:18 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Votecount 1.5

[3] arachnidsGrip (Rannygazoo, n3xell, JDye)
[3] cw357 (Alonzo, Sesq, arachnidsGrip)
[1] DkKoba (cw357)
[1] Sesq (Dongempire)

[1] Not Voting (DkKoba)

With 9 alive, it is 5 to eliminate.

Let me know if you see any problems.

Deadline is in (expired on 2020-10-10 13:00:00)
Last edited by borkjerfkin on Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
beefycheese
arachnidsGrip
arachnidsGrip
Townie
arachnidsGrip
Townie
Townie

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:22 am

Post by arachnidsGrip »

In post 205, DkKoba wrote: what does this mean
I thought you as Sesq were scum. Still, not entirely sure if you're not, 8ut I trust you more than cw.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:23 am

Post by DkKoba »

i think dong's entrance is scummy and the way they presented their scumread scream a complacent tone. thats moreso a tell in chat mafia but the way they spewed was similar in vein to a chat player. i also think they are trying to create a "competing" wagon that makes it seem like a TvS wagon. i cant prove that but thats just like what I believe, based on the way theyve shaded sesq for NAI aggressiveness.

their slot was already in my scum poe before it even spoke. i think mostly everyone has spewed town so far.

town > scum

arachnids>sesq>n3xell>cw357>rannygazoo>>alonzo>>jdye>>dong

i did say my scumlean on jdye's slot was loosening but that was based on a skim of recent posts, after reading deeper into their iso and looking at the arachnid vote(which really sucked, like seriously. it felt like they wanted the easiest target of the bunch knowing that sesq/I would likely put up a good fight over it) i think theyre scum.

i would like to hear more from alonzo/ranny/n3xell. the latter 2 are town based on tonal spew and alonzo i had a townlean from early on.

based on what I have read and the evidence I think dong flips scum here VOTE: Dong
retired
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:26 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

cw357 was prodded.
beefycheese
arachnidsGrip
arachnidsGrip
Townie
arachnidsGrip
Townie
Townie

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:34 am

Post by arachnidsGrip »

Hm, well then. I don't think I am going to give up my suspicions on cw, 8ut I trust you Dk.

VOTE: Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:37 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 206, DkKoba wrote:
In post 196, Donempire wrote:
In post 76, DkKoba wrote:just so you know, a joke is a joke. I clearly saw that line and thought it would be funny to respond that way. like you don't need to make it deep lol
This is still a garbage post
whats garbage abt it?
The same argument i made against cw in my opening works for you here as well. You're getting over defensive to an at most inquisitive if unneccessary question.
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:38 am

Post by Donempire »

Oh good, i cant just ignore koba this game..
Just put me out of my fucking misery
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:40 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 202, Sesq wrote:Then who am I with?
You could be with anyone. If you're powerwolfing like i assume then your partner wouldnt risk anything by voting or fosing you.
Formerly Dongempire
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:04 am

Post by Rannygazoo »

I really like Dong’s analysis. Like, I wish I had thought of the parts that I haven’t already stated. There are two possibilities, and I’m not experienced enough to tell them apart: Dong has a town slot and his insight and experience are leading him to useful reads of many players, or Don’t has a scum slot and he’s able to explain the game so thoroughly because it’s already solved from his perspective.
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:04 am

Post by Rannygazoo »

Its perspective*
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:09 am

Post by Rannygazoo »

This reads as really scummy to me. “I can’t be scum because you haven’t solved the game completely yet.” Sesq knows that no one needs to answer this in order to make a case against her, but newbies might not know that.
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:13 am

Post by Rannygazoo »

In post 199, arachnidsGrip wrote:
Yes! They also replace 8 sounds like m8, de88, coordin8, su8ordin8, h8, sk8, ir8, and delic8.
Not helpful.
In post 212, arachnidsGrip wrote:
Hm, well then. I don't think I am going to give up my suspicions on cw, 8ut I trust you Dk.

VOTE: Dongempire
Change your post color to white, because you’re a sheep.
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:17 am

Post by Rannygazoo »

Dk: I’m really curious how you townread n3xell and scumread piisirrational when all we have is introductions from either of them. I asked you earlier if activity is AI and you said no, but it’s kind of all we have on those slots?
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:26 am

Post by Rannygazoo »

VOTE: sesq
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:27 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 218, Rannygazoo wrote:
This reads as really scummy to me. “I can’t be scum because you haven’t solved the game completely yet.” Sesq knows that no one needs to answer this in order to make a case against her, but newbies might not know that.
how is it scummy tho?
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:30 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 216, Rannygazoo wrote:I really like Dong’s analysis. Like, I wish I had thought of the parts that I haven’t already stated. There are two possibilities, and I’m not experienced enough to tell them apart: Dong has a town slot and his insight and experience are leading him to useful reads of many players, or Don’t has a scum slot and he’s able to explain the game so thoroughly because it’s already solved from his perspective.
can u quote which analysis you liked
retired
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:38 am

Post by Rannygazoo »

In post 222, DkKoba wrote:
In post 218, Rannygazoo wrote:
how is it scummy tho?
If I were scum, I might ask this and then feel better when my opponent couldn’t answer. “You may have guessed my alignment, but at least you haven’t figured out my team.”

It’s unreasonable to expect an answer, and it feels like sesq would try to strongarm people away from voting her because they don’t have a 100% clear picture of the scum team. Instead of, you know, not getting voted by being helpful to town.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”