Mini Normal 2159 | Cinder Block Mafia | Game Over!

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:53 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1949, callforjudgement wrote:I'm interested in your reasoning behind that. What in the wagons pointed you to him?

I believe Nos behavior fits into a classic scum archetype, the "coaster" and he can also be described as "sneaky", "smug", and "skittish". He made a move of this archetype called the "quiet bus" which he apparently likes a lot because he did it twice. He mixed it up a little with his first one, incorporating a touch of the "humble bus".

Gamma wasn't the deep scum which implies to me he had a deep scum which could only be geraintm or Nos or else though it wouldn't be a deep scum. Gamma interacted with geraintm similar to others who were town.

Nos knows Not_Mafia offering three explanations for the N1 night kill if Nos is scum (they killed each other because they were friends, or he thought he had a PR tell, or Nos was afraid Not_Mafia would be able to read him.)

Nos mentions Not_Mafia being dead makes the game more boring at least once. I believe this is gloating and a classic scum tell.

I believe Nos is playing this way because his personality profile is not one that traditionally does well at lying, so he is keeping his words choice (for the most part...)

Nos actively (compared to other things) BWed Raya because of her reads.

Gamma and Banana both jump to Nos aid in response to my push D1.

That one vote count earlier that Titus and I exchanged about briefly could not be hammered because Nos was already on it.

Nos reacted poorly to my pressure D1. He made some townie lines after that and now they will no longer divert my suspicion.

Gamma mentioned he felt pressure from me more so than other players. I believe this is genuine and partly because of my attack on his team mate Nos.

The PoE out of Looker and geraintm in some of my recent posts has a lot to do with this read.

Killed Tayl0r over Italiano because of Italiano"s read on him.

He made a post putting Walter and I in a sleeper scum category and it looked inauthentic to me.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:10 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1941, callforjudgement wrote:

@
Titus
: I'd also be interested to hear your opinion on geraintm's vote progression (#, # (just before deadline), # (after deadline extension), #, in fairly quick succession). I saw this as indicative of geraintm as town, but you seem to have a different opinion on it? Note that I consider the hammer in # to be non-alignment-indicative because shellyc was inevitably going to be the day's elimination at that point.
I think my logic went something like

RCENigma had just said they wanted to lynch whomever got to Lynch minus 1 first.
In post 828, geraintm wrote:@mod can we get shelly prodded please, the not mafia slot sorted and if they are to be replaced a delay?
I then asked that Shelly get prodded and wanted Not mafia replaced. I thought Not Mafia had missed their prod and were about to be replaced and I didn't want Shelly lynched with a player (Not mafia) absent. That was what this post was about. the "if they are to be replaced" was referring to Not MAfia, not shelly

CFJ then points out that shelly was posting elsewhere, and i immediately voted for them once I knew they were ducking this game.
backup mod came in and said they were replacing shelly and prodding not mafia - but I was under the impression that not mafia was going to get replaced too.
mod then did their weird pausing the deadline thing and I unvoted, I thought that once a player was replaced there would be an automatic deadline extension because...well I just thought that is what happens when close to a deadline and there is a new players. because you cannot expect to replace in, read an entire thread and post with only 2 hours to play with. not mafia later tells me that this isn't the case (post 846)
In post 849, geraintm wrote:No, but i assumed we would have an extra 24 hours or so and the way people were saying they would hammer quickly I thought it best to unvotr. I thought not mafia was going to get replaced too.
that is me saying all that.
my memory of that period was feeling very harassed. It was a Sunday and my weekend access if normally very low so I was having to do my best.
I hate, hate getting bounced into deadline lynches because I always seem to get pushed into bad ones. shelly though had been aplayer I had felt had been more weird than anyone else day 1 so if I was going to lynch I found them acceptable. the mod and my confusion about which players were going to be replaced didn't help at all, I hope that explains what was going on with me.
I wanted to try and put my point of view across because titus seems to be solely going on actual votes and the only person trying to defend me is someone who isn't me
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:50 am

Post by callforjudgement »

(PEDIT: re: #)

Looking at Frogster's point #7 because I think it's the most relevant.

Frogster's vote on Nosferatu was #/181/182. The reasoning looked pretty dubious to me at the time (it boils down to "I think a townie would have more substantive prodges despite being drunk, especially with an avatar like that"). So at the time, I didn't particularly scumread anyone who disagreed with it, and then subsequently mostly forgot about it.

Gamma's reaction to this was #, in a long series of posts that reacted to all sorts of things. I don't think that this is a defence of Nosferatu in particular, e.g., # is defending you on very similar reasoning, # is defending me (from his scumbuddy!), and # is defending SJReaver (= Looker). I think that's just Gamma trying to look town, defending everything he saw as a weak attack. Some of those defences may be on a scumbuddy, but we know that most of them weren't, and it's more likely that he was trying to discredit the attackers than defend the accused.

Banana's reaction was #. This does defend Nosferatu somewhat harder than it defends other players. However, I don't think there was much that Nosferatu needed defending from; more likely it was Banana finding a convenient excuse to attack you, as you'd made an incredibly weak case on Nosferatu and scum saw it as something they could paint as scummy.

We also have examples of townies reacting the same way, e.g. Walter's reaction in #, Italiano's in #.

Frogster then substantially increased/confirmed the read in # (apparently thinking that Nosferatu must be scum due to other players defending him for doing something that, as far as I can tell, nobody but Frogster thought was actually scummy), and due to creating a counterwagon on Frogster that distracted from the Walter wagon. This read seems, in retrospect, much more likely to be spurious because we now know that Walter is and was town, so scum would have no reason to create a counterwagon (and in fact, the Walter wagon failing to go through is what eventually lead to shelly's elimination). (Of note is that RCEnigma (=Titus, thus town) immediately townread Frogster for it simply because the reasoning was just that bad. It was so bad that even Not_Mafia commented on it, in #.)

Gamma later defends Nosferatu more explicitly in #, and in a very weird way in # (this latter post may be worth looking at, it makes me think that either Gamma was scum with Nosferatu or else wanted Nosferatu in particular to look bad after Gamma flipped).

I actually think that this interaction may be more useful for reading Frogster than Nosferatu; if Frogster is scum, then the scum reaction to Frogster's push on Nosferatu was distancing. That said, I have a suspicion that Frogster would have posted his points against Nosferatu regardless of alignment, because his ideas of what is scummy seem to be so different from the typical person's views on the subject are, and the scum reaction to it was most likely their natural reaction rather than something that had been discussed or planned in the PT beforehand.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:34 pm

Post by Looker »

• I should've noticed when Gamma said it, but it's not really likely to follow up on leads in Among Us lol. The voting phase is so quick and the players think "[insert color here] is sus" is a case
  • I have no idea the scumteam's intention for Gamma
  • I think it's just Frogster. Which is unfortunate, because he's fun to play with and I want him to win.
VOTE: Frogsterking Maybe this is auto-win.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I'm viewing your post as a cop out Looker, answer my questions seriously, both of them.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:34 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I'm going to wait until I'm on a PC to reply to your post this time, CFJ
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:36 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I'm reading geraintm latest post right now.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:47 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I believe #1951 shows signs of the emotions agitation and/or anxiety and/or some other negative emotion.

I believe this is causing geraintm to post out of character.

I don't believe at this time that this is AI. I can cross-reference #1951 with something I saw earlier.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1957, Frogsterking wrote:I believe #1951 shows signs of the emotions agitation and/or anxiety and/or some other negative emotion.

I don't believe at this time that this is AI. I can cross-reference #1951 with something I saw earlier.
I will need access to a desktop tomorrow.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:49 pm

Post by Titus »

Yeah Looker, you're my compromise target. So how's about leaving the obvtown alone?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:52 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1959, Titus wrote:Yeah Looker, you're my compromise target. So how's about leaving the obvtown alone?
Obvtown what what
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:53 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I call obvtown "successfully increasing win percentage, slightly"
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by Titus »

Frogster are you drunk?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1959, Titus wrote:Yeah Looker, you're my compromise target. So how's about leaving the obvtown alone?
In post 1960, Frogsterking wrote:
Obvtown what what
In post 1961, Frogsterking wrote:I call obvtown "successfully increasing win percentage, slightly"
py.towntell.confirmed.script
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1962, Titus wrote:Frogster are you drunk?
Yes good read!
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1940, Titus wrote:
In post 832, Datisi wrote:
Votecount 1.13

shellyc(5)
~ (42), (46), (68), (73), (70)

WaltertheDunce10(4)
~ (57), (25), (68), (83)
ItalianoVD(2)
~ (66), (70)
geraintm(2)
~ (80), (55)

Not Voting (0):

With 13 alive it takes 7 to eliminate.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2020-09-06 11:18:30)

MOD REMINDERS
  • prodding Not_Mafia
  • looking for a replacement for shellyc
In post 860, Datisi wrote:
Votecount 1.FINAL

shellyc(7)
~ (48), (47), (69), (75), (85), (67), (74)
-- HAMMER
WaltertheDunce10(3)
~ (60), (29), (70)
geraintm(2)
~ (82), (56)
ItalianoVD(1)
~ (70)

Not Voting (0):

@Frogster, Does Geratim fit within your Ocean theory? Did Walter claim D1?

I struggle to see how the Walter and Shelley wagons are pure. If I am understanding you correctly, the scumteam is low engagement. That should mean most of my VCA clears are correct (Nos, you). I know I am town.

That leaves CFD and geratim as suspects.

I struggle to buy Looker as scum because that would make 2 scum voting elsewhere while shelley was wagoned.
Sorry Titus I missed this post reading the thread yesterday, I'll reply to your questions tomorrow.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

one of the more bizarre cases i've read
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:34 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1966, Nosferatu wrote:one of the more bizarre cases i've read
By bizarre you mean it's correct, I'm assuming.
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:06 pm

Post by WaltertheDunce10 »

Nos who do you think it is?
And how do you find it bizzare?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:23 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1957, Frogsterking wrote:I believe #1951 shows signs of the emotions agitation and/or anxiety and/or some other negative emotion.

I was trying to convey the emotions I was having when I was posting, is that what you mean?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:33 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1969, geraintm wrote:

I was trying to convey the emotions I was having when I was posting, is that what you mean?
Yes, if I understand you correctly, we're talking about the same thing.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:58 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 375, GeorgeBailey wrote:
Votecount 1.5

Nosferatu(4)
~ (11), (43), (30), (34)

callforjudgement(2)
~ (38), (38)
WaltertheDunce10(2)
~ (10), (19)
Not_Mafia(1)
~ (19)
geraintm(1)
~ (47)
Frogsterking(1)
~ (39)

Not Voting (2): (31), sordros(6)

MOD REMINDERSNONE

FLAVOR
In post 379, SJReaver wrote:VOTE: CallforJudgement

Will you be doing so anytime soon or will you wait to see how the wagon develops?
In post 380, Nosferatu wrote:VOTE: cfj
In post 407, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 401, Raya36 wrote:
In post 334, Nosferatu wrote: im so over this bullshit read my town pm and weep

VOTE: nosferatu

if ur on this wagon you suck at this game

it is anti-town wincon to bleed town d1 and you know it cfg, and that bullshit abt consequences of being on whats basically an rvs wagon is ridiculous
This is scummy
^ scumpost btw remember for later
In post 408, Nosferatu wrote:
geraintm wrote: I can't work out if this is genuine frustration or an pro town fake or a scum fake.
like, if any game you are in is causing you this must anger then just leave, it isn't good for your mental health.
this is exactly why i stopped playing in the first place but alas im bored and quarantined and i already quit the game that made me even MORE frustrated so here we are
In post 392, geraintm wrote:
In post 368, Nosferatu wrote:you know what i dont think someone with an avatar such as urself would engage in this kind of pro-town behavior

VOTE: cfg
my god you are making it easy for a wagon to form on you
?

you think someone who couldn't take the time to carefully upload an animated avatar of some movie star consuming a cigar or joint or whatever the fuck that is and instead lazily uploaded black text on what appears to be cosmic background radiation would be the type to spend so much time pontificating about optimal pro-town play?

personally i find that to be a little bit dubious
I was just skimming part of D1 and this exchange seemed relevant now. Seems like Nos or CFJ needs to be scum for the BWs on both CFJ and Nos to not get pushed by scum.

From the mindset of a Banana - Nos - Gamma team I feel their behavior makes sense. The scum team is kind of just coasting, Nos gets BWed and goes for the full AtE/angry townie play, it works and he starts getting townread, Gamma and Banana see this happen and assume Nos will carry them and continue coasting. Nos bussing shelly and then Gamma makes sense. It doesn't need to be planned ahead, it's just intuitive. After Nos has the town read+tfn from Italiano the scum team feel more confident and Nos leads a BW on a townie that was on the right track with her reads (Raya).

I will post more and reply to questions tonight on my desktop.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:04 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 1968, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:
do i really have to answer this question? i feel like you're just asking just to ask lol
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:04 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 1968, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:
do i really have to answer this question? i feel like you're just asking just to ask lol
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:07 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 1971, Frogsterking wrote:From the mindset of a Banana - Nos - Gamma team I feel their behavior makes sense. The scum team is kind of just coasting, Nos gets BWed and goes for the full AtE/angry townie play, it works and he starts getting townread, Gamma and Banana see this happen and assume Nos will carry them and continue coasting. Nos bussing shelly and then Gamma makes sense. It doesn't need to be planned ahead, it's just intuitive. After Nos has the town read+tfn from Italiano the scum team feel more confident and Nos leads a BW on a townie that was on the right track with her reads (Raya).
gamma is one of if not the only player in the starting playerlist who i had meta with, if we were in a game together we would've just townblocked; my scum meta and town meta are pretty similar, we would have just conf'd each other and taken the thread for a ride cause we're both spammers lol
last.fm
gtkas

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”