Otherkin

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:31 pm

Post by panthaleon »

I've been reporting Ythan's harassment for like weeks if not months now and they haven't done jack shit. I've been reporting Aura's terf shit for weeks and they haven't done anything

Yet when I was too mean to a fucking bigot, I was slammed for weeks without warning

I don't understand how calling percy homophobic scum or asking what's his fuck to cite his sources was banworthy, but following me to multiple threads to snipe and harass me is fine, and honestly this is really fucking upsetting considering how heavy handed and unapologetic they were with me.
Reformed boy - just trying my best

both I and the mod team know where we stand regarding the plight of the palestinian people. proud to be a mafiascum member!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

dont use the otherkins platform to air your own grievances pants
green shirt thursdays
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:33 pm

Post by panthaleon »

Then get Ythan to fucking leave me alone! Lock this thread for Aura's bigotry! Have the discmods do literally any fucking moderation at all

both I and the mod team know where we stand regarding the plight of the palestinian people. proud to be a mafiascum member!
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:36 pm

Post by chamber »

In post 402, panthaleon wrote:Then get Ythan to fucking leave me alone! Lock this thread for Aura's bigotry! Have the discmods do literally any fucking moderation at all
All 3 of the previous disc mods are involved in schooling in some way, the school year started recently during especially trying times, I assume that's involved in why an extra one was brought on literally today.
Taking a break from the site.
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by panthaleon »

excuses excuses fucking excuses

the discmods act selectively and badly and let this shit slide. I've been harassed for weeks and they've done NOTHING. Aura and her ilk come in here to be transphobes and they've done NOTHING. But I use the mean words too many times and they don't hesitate to ban me without warning and without appeal

The discmods don't need simps to lick their boots. They need to actually do any moderation at all

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by Ythan »

Maybe don't throw a fit when you don't get your way also.
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by panthaleon »

LEAVE ME ALONE YOU FUCKING INSUFFERABLE SHITEATING CRETIN

Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by Sesq »

As a Vriska, I think this is all fucking hilarious! Please keep at it!!!!!!!!
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by Fluminator »

In post 386, Sesq wrote:
In post 319, Fluminator wrote:awhile ago there was a user here who believed they were god (accountant)
there was a long thread of people trying to break them out of that delusion

was that an okay thing for us to do? where's the line?
Hello! One of the primary instig8ors of that thread here, and we talked extensively in priv8 at the time that was happening here. I'm not sure how much of this got out on the forum 8ut I know what really happened! Accountant saw itself as a nonhuman sort of host/oper8or for its garden of tulpae it had cre8ed, and, perceiving itself as the perfect, unaffected avatar to control humanity, as it was free of the constr8nts of humanity.

From when I talked to them all, I could confirm that the tulpae were pretty emotional and acted like normal teenagers I guess. I pissed off Accountant multiple times so it VERY o8viously wasn't the sort of emotionless perfect logic machine it wanted to 8e.

As for myself, and I presume the other Vriska 8ecause we are, quite literally, the same person: there were too many similarities 8etween what person I was and what person she is that distinguishing the two felt like pedantry. Assuming myself and "the we8comic character" to 8e the same fundamental person (knowing that there is some divergence in our personal histories, lol) and using that to find insight is yet to not work flawlessly. Our experience 8lends perfectly. If you were in this position with a character, Aura, what would you do? Would you try everything you could to resist assimil8ing, depriving yourself of a self? Or do you say fuck that and jump in?
Also, I'm not ignoring you. Just haven't fully deciphered this post yet to respond.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:42 pm

Post by Ythan »

Hoo boy.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by Fluminator »

In post 408, Fluminator wrote:
In post 386, Sesq wrote:
In post 319, Fluminator wrote:awhile ago there was a user here who believed they were god (accountant)
there was a long thread of people trying to break them out of that delusion

was that an okay thing for us to do? where's the line?
Hello! One of the primary instig8ors of that thread here, and we talked extensively in priv8 at the time that was happening here. I'm not sure how much of this got out on the forum 8ut I know what really happened! Accountant saw itself as a nonhuman sort of host/oper8or for its garden of tulpae it had cre8ed, and, perceiving itself as the perfect, unaffected avatar to control humanity, as it was free of the constr8nts of humanity.

From when I talked to them all, I could confirm that the tulpae were pretty emotional and acted like normal teenagers I guess. I pissed off Accountant multiple times so it VERY o8viously wasn't the sort of emotionless perfect logic machine it wanted to 8e.

As for myself, and I presume the other Vriska 8ecause we are, quite literally, the same person: there were too many similarities 8etween what person I was and what person she is that distinguishing the two felt like pedantry. Assuming myself and "the we8comic character" to 8e the same fundamental person (knowing that there is some divergence in our personal histories, lol) and using that to find insight is yet to not work flawlessly. Our experience 8lends perfectly. If you were in this position with a character, Aura, what would you do? Would you try everything you could to resist assimil8ing, depriving yourself of a self? Or do you say fuck that and jump in?
Also, I'm not ignoring you. Just haven't fully deciphered this post yet to respond.
I think my answer is no?
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:55 pm

Post by Sesq »

Well, of course not. You haven't had it happen to you. I've 8een deprived of a self for as long as I can imagine and I finally have it in my hands. I've just never felt cleaner.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:14 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 383, Fluminator wrote:
In post 377, AniX wrote:I'm going to come in with a hot take, but there isn't really a brightline difference between Grip's belief about her identity and a religious person's belief about theological events, in terms of how they should be regarded. If one is an atheist, for example, Jesus, the biblical character who displays a number of divine powers, is as fictional for you as Vriska is, and a lot of Christians make SIGNIFICANT more life decisions of SIGNIFICANTLY more impact on the course of their life and SIGNIFICANTLY more harm to the lives of others based on these beliefs than Grip's use of the number 8 and blue text. Most atheists/agnostics nevertheless manage to find the tact to not bring it up to Christians at every opportunity and constantly talk about how harmful it is their basing their life around what the atheist believes is a fictional character. I suspect most have the capacity to do the same here.

I'll admit that special care must be taken regarding not allowing the weaponization of otherkin against trans people, and I think the metaphysical backing of gender is stronger than the metaphysical backing of fictional character identity and the institutional harm faced by trans people is much more dangerous and powerful than that faced by otherkin, so I don't expect a "buy-in" on the notion as I would on trans (that is, I wouldn't morally judge someone for not ACTUALLY thinking Grip is Vriska vs someone who doesn't think a trans person ACTUALLY is their stated gender), but other than that if someone tells you what they identify as and how that impacts how they wish to interact with you, just do it.
Good point. Cult members are often happy, but I'd be very concerned if one of my friends or family joined one even if they're happy.

If you're talking about all sects of Christianity in general, the comparison only works if they started identifying as Jesus. Religious Christians usually try to model their life off how Jesus lived, but don't think they're Jesus themselves.
Cults aren’t a great comparison because by that very definition, they are brainwashed, so comparing AG to a cult member is an insult regardless if that was your intention or not.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:16 pm

Post by Ythan »

Calling a cult member by definition brainwashed is also insulting but surely there couldn't be any around to object.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:22 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 413, Ythan wrote:Calling a cult member by definition brainwashed is also insulting but surely there couldn't be any around to object.
No it’s not because the word by definition is a pejorative term. Even people who are actually in cults don’t use that term to describe themsrlves.

No one in Jonestown or the Branch Dividians referred to themselves that way.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:24 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 414, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 413, Ythan wrote:Calling a cult member by definition brainwashed is also insulting but surely there couldn't be any around to object.
No it’s not because the word by definition is a pejorative term. Even people who are actually in cults don’t use that term to describe themsrlves.

No one in Jonestown or the Branch Dividians referred to themselves that way.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult
In the English-speaking world, the term cult often carries derogatory connotations.[10] In this sense, it has been considered a subjective term, used as an ad hominem attack against groups with differing doctrines or practices.[6][11] As such, religion scholar Megan Goodwin defined the term cult, when used by the layperson, as often being a shorthand for a "religion I don't like."[12]
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:29 pm

Post by Ythan »

A Branch Davidian or Peoples Temple member would know you're talking about them when you say cult though.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:32 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 416, Ythan wrote:A Branch Davidian or Peoples Temple member would know you're talking about them when you say cult though.
But the point is no one would ever describe themselves as belonging to one - in the present tense.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:40 pm

Post by Ythan »

That's a fine point. My point is that people you would describe as being in a cult are still perfectly aware that they are what you mean when you use that word.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:43 pm

Post by Ythan »

And by you I mean anyone not you specifically, I don't know your feelings on this obviously.
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:54 pm

Post by Sesq »

If it's a cult then who is the leader?
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:56 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 419, Ythan wrote:And by you I mean anyone not you specifically, I don't know your feelings on this obviously.
I was just making the argument correctling what Fulm was arguing as being in any way comparable with AG because she is choosing her identity with a clear head and 100% of her own volition.

Brainwashing otoh, implies some form of gaslighting or manipulation that the individual in question did not consent to. As in many cults, some members may experience sleep deprivation for example, love bombing or guilt tripping etc. so I wouldn’t necessarily call anyone who belongs to a cult “happy” because they probably didn’t knowingly choose what they were getting into.

Cults generally involve some form of communal abuse. In Scientology for example, they have this organization called “Sea Org” which is a kind of an institutionalized form of child abuse.

Spoiler:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:54 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Lol this thread resulted in 4.5 bans.
One day I'll follow through on getting myself banned too. Maybe I'll make it 5.5. I keep getting to the first stage of asking for the self ban but not confirming the next day because I lose interest.

Ya know, mafiascum is kind of like a cult. I escaped but keep toeing back in. Help

To respond to you nancy, i kind of consider a lot of religions cults and probably have a looser definition of the word than I ought. Grip probably isn't in a cult.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:08 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Yep, this thread probably won’t get alot of action for awhile now.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Felissan
Felissan
Goon
Felissan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:52 pm

Post by Felissan »

The conversations in this thread reminded me of the months following Survivor Legendary, a game I had played in as Mesprit and had some incredibly comforting interactions with other players in. It wasn't on the same scale as otherkin experiences, but I felt some sort of emotional bond to that Pokemon - or really, my subjective representation of it I had constructed throughout that game. Rather than a full-on "I am Mesprit" identification, it was more like "Mesprit can be a metaphorical representation of part of me", and having their gen 5 sprite as my avatar for that time definitely had some emotional feedback on me. I was still [Feli's undisclosed real name] first and foremost and I didn't stop viewing myself as human, but I learned to not be skeptical of otherkin folks because of this, as I got a glimpse at what can lie behind the layers of abstraction that can be lost when putting metaphysical concepts in simple words.

Anyway, wild birds as a whole are also great animals <3
"Dammit Felissan, making someone lose the game is NOT NICE"
- DeathRowKitty 2016
"Also, the me in your signature just made the me in this thread lose the game and I'm not sure how to feel about this."
- DeathRowKitty 2018
"You've made me make myself lose the game so many times that I feel like it's an entirely new game I'm losing"
- DeathRowKitty 2022

Return to “General Discussion”