Newbie 2031 - The Wild Hunt (End!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bluebell
Bluebell
Townie
Bluebell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:27 am

Post by Bluebell »

VOTE: Redados
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:47 am

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 2-5

As though summoned by the name, another elven man enters the bower. He's alone, as though he needs no entourage. The chatter is instantly silenced. You watch, enthralled as the air around the three -- the regal pair and the quick blade -- crackles with unseen energy. You can feel the hairs of your neck lifting as though dancing to silent music.

Redados
(2): Satisfaction, Bluebell
Bluebell
(2): Redados, the worst
the worst
(2): Mundivore, Not Known 15
Mundivore
(1): Egix96

Not Voting
(0):
None.

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to eliminate.

Deadline: October 9, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2020-10-08 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:23 am

Post by Satisfaction »

In post 799, Bluebell wrote:Night may disconnect me.
I wouldn’t expect you to be a night kill, personally. If that’s what you mean.
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:26 am

Post by Satisfaction »

Shelly would fume if we didn’t at least go back through her case on TW today. I’ll hop on that in a bit. Bluebell is right. We have one day. We need to form up some consensus.
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:33 am

Post by Satisfaction »

Here’s why I don’t think I support policy elimination right now: a miselimination would put us in back-to-back eliminate-or-lose days on D3 and 4 right?

By my count, if we hit scum now it buys us one more miselimination before we are back in ELO. So I think the better question is ‘Who is the single scummiest player?’

I still don’t get why scum!bluebell would have unvoted me today.
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by Satisfaction »

I've re-read all of shelly, focusing on the TW case. I got very little there. I really do find most of her case on TW to be useless or unfounded. Despite my initial feelings that shelly had some interesting points, it's just really jammed full of fluff and bad arguments. I was hoping to find some smoking gun that I had missed before but really it's just a big nothingburger as far as I can tell. I don't follow any case for scum!TW from shelly.
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:09 pm

Post by Satisfaction »

I do not want to vote: Bluebell, TW, Redados

I feel most comfortable losing Not Known or Egix today. Throughout the whole game they have been fairly inscrutable.

Early game Egix seemed kind of scummy to me, but less so as the game advances. He's explained this as a playstyle thing. Maybe. It might be increased engagement for performance's sake. Note: I am talking about substantial interaction with the game, not increased posting rate--there are .038 Egix posts per game post (22/570) before the point when shelly called him out for blending in and .047 Egix posts per game post after that point (38/806). About the same. All of that to say, I expected to see a large jump in posting rate from a scum!egix around that time but I did not. The quality of posts have improved in that time.

I've already talked about NK recently. I realize it's not some slam dunk case. It's a gut thing. I just don't see him leading the town to victory. I see him taking potshots.

VOTE: Not Known

I'd also be willing to closely look at a case on Mundivore. I feel like I have had them in my town pool from the very beginning of the game and that momentum may be helping them slide through.
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:13 pm

Post by Satisfaction »

@All I am in a wedding this weekend. I will be mostly out of the loop Friday-Sunday.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 806, Satisfaction wrote:I expected to see a large jump in posting rate from a scum!egix around that time but I did not. The quality of posts have improved in that time.
i agree with this generally - egix hasn't gotten more performative, but he has gotten more solvey.
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:27 pm

Post by Satisfaction »

Also I realize I said that I want to form consensus and then voted somebody who has zero votes on them. I'm willing to flex if people don't want NK today. We need an elim. I will be around tomorrow.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:30 pm

Post by the worst »

no no i see what's up.

VOTE: NK15
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by Redados »

VOTE: Not Known 15

That's E-1
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by Redados »

In post 217, the worst wrote:i have townread not known 15 once (1 time) in my entire career, and i got paranoid and miseliminated him in xylo

he's got a really unique playstyle, it's hard to get his alignment right and a lot of things which are quite natural for him at a personality level are "common scum tells".

yay meta~~~!
tw can I get a check-in on this read again
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by the worst »

changed my mind over the last 3/4 of the game
his like, entire playstyle and the way he pushes things are scummy in a surface way

his sati scumread felt sincere d1 but he legit didn't react to the turn against sati (like the plist swung against his #1 scumread) except for posturing me as a potential partner (?) and his scumread on me appears to be because i failed to use adequate deodorant. which is absolutely false, i smell lovely.

his reads aren't changing or developing and since throwing down the original sati scumread i haven't really felt like he's reacting to the things people are doing in a way that indicates he believes his reads, if that makes sense?
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by Redados »

yeah makes sense
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:18 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 806, Satisfaction wrote: I'd also be willing to closely look at a case on Mundivore. I feel like I have had them in my town pool from the very beginning of the game and that momentum may be helping them slide through.
Any thoughts on mine, in ?

===

I'm willing to hammer here.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:23 pm

Post by the worst »

Nk15 claim
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:44 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

What the....
Vote the worst, now. NOW.

Tracker.
N1:Satisfaction - No Result
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:00 pm

Post by the worst »

NK15 is only confirmable town if we get a scum roleblocker flip, otherwise he's essentially a vt claim. he's also claiming to have been blocked last night.

obviously if there are any ccs just lolhammer.

I have vertigo so don't really feel like doing any critical thinking. I'll be around a bunch before deadline.
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:44 am

Post by Satisfaction »

In post 817, Not Known 15 wrote:Vote the worst, now. NOW.
You just keep doing that. How is that supposed to convince us. It’s the same way you been trying to get me eliminated. What’s your case? Help us help you.

There’s a 66% chance there is a tracker or a friendly neighbor in the game. Like TW said, if you are either of those, just kill him. You’ve caught scum.

Beyond that, he’s neither confirmable nor protectable tonight. If he’s the real tracker he will likely be murdered. So we leave votes on him for now in case we have a counterclaim but we decide on a different elimination target, right? If we are able to coordinate before deadline.
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:45 am

Post by Satisfaction »

@egix thanks for the prompt. I’ll re-read.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:38 am

Post by Redados »

In post 815, Egix96 wrote:
In post 806, Satisfaction wrote: I'd also be willing to closely look at a case on Mundivore. I feel like I have had them in my town pool from the very beginning of the game and that momentum may be helping them slide through.
Any thoughts on mine, in ?

===

I'm willing to hammer here.
I like your thought process although I think you're reading too much into the dank analysis comment.
Bluebell
Bluebell
Townie
Bluebell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:47 am

Post by Bluebell »

In post 818, the worst wrote:NK15 is only confirmable town if we get a scum roleblocker flip, otherwise he's essentially a vt claim. he's also claiming to have been blocked last night.

obviously if there are any ccs just lolhammer.

I have vertigo so don't really feel like doing any critical thinking. I'll be around a bunch before deadline.
My appreciation for the translation.
Bluebell
Bluebell
Townie
Bluebell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:51 am

Post by Bluebell »

UNVOTE: Redados
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:10 am

Post by Satisfaction »

I just remembered something else from my dive into shelly last night. Shelly flip flopped around on her feelings about TW. She was considering other people and potential pairs. At the time I saw it as her just listing names and it didn’t seem sincere to me. In hindsight, she was actually hunting in her own way.

On the flip side, though, TW was more locked on and confident that shelly was scum. Also we never really got a volunteered “here’s what happened yesterday from my perspective” from TW. It seems to me that would be a town move for somebody so invested in that fight.

I know I was super discouraged and considering subbing out at dawn today because I felt so dumb. Buuuuut we all kind of glossed over that TW was wrong too.

I want to townread TW and I have for most of the game. He’s helpful. Willing to jump on wagons and make things happen. Seems to give a sincere effort to share opinions.

@TW do you feel like you addressed this somewhere and I’m being unfair? (Mobile right now, working from memory). If not, why? I wouldn’t expect you to be as distraught about it as I was, but still we look a little silly.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”