Newbie 2034 | Space II | Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: not on a plane, not on a train, not in a moat, not on a boat

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:01 am

Post by EchoVision »

oh wait page top drop top
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:06 am

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.09

NGC 1672: Barred Spiral Galaxy from Hubble
Image Credit: Hubble Legacy Archive, NASA, ESA; Processing & Copyright: Domingo Pestana & Raul Villaverde, NASA

EliminationWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to eliminate somebody.

EchoVision
(2): Tayl0r Swift, Random Canadian
TL The Legend
(2): UneducatedGuesser, billy big nose
Tayl0r Swift
(2): Flea The Magician, EchoVision
72offsuit
(1): TL The Legend

Not Voting
(2): Andycyca, 72offsuit

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-10-13 09:15:00).

Mod notes:
TL The Legend is being replaced for inactivity.[/area]
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:11 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

OK take note of my pronouns please. I don't use he/him as I am not male or masculine.

Cryptidism defined... back to it.

Anyone who was part of the L-1 wagon, please justify what in 6 posts [and one edit] made the TL slot your top scumread?

Given I'm calling Echo/Taylor scumbuddies I really hope you're confident in your townblockiness.

I've said I dislike meta, reason being I used to play a lot IRL and was the host for a number of them. When you're playing with actors and LARPers meta is really bad to use as people adopt new characters for the games.
Random Canadian
Random Canadian
Goon
Random Canadian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:40 am

Post by Random Canadian »

In post 237, Andycyca wrote:In retrospect, it's fairly a moot point, because we've since hit another E-1 state (on TL himself) without an actual hammer (and that slot has gone silent after discussing «1000 questions», all done in the first 2 pages). Right now I'm more interested to see what his replacements will say, because that might help us all move the game forward.

At that vote count (179) there's those voting for TL {UG, billy, 72 and echo} and those who don't {RC, Tay Tay and Flea}. I'm not counting TL because I doubt he would ever vote himself and I don't count myself because I know I'm not scum.

I mention this because my initial gut feeling is that there's exactly one scum in the first group. If that were the case, the second scum is either TL's slot or in the second group. TL not posting is irritating because it is most likely newbie-related (not bothering to return to the forum or whatnot) rather than scum-related. But the chance that he's scum is still greater than 0. In the scenario where the second scum is indeed in the 2nd group, they wouldn't hammer to avoid suspicion—and I'm aware that from your collective POV that applies to me as well.
Yeah, it's hard to go back and talk about the TL post in question at this point with it looking like TL flaked. Hopefully we can get a replacement in that slot soon.

Which of the votes on the wagon do you think is most likely to be the scum vote?
Random Canadian
Random Canadian
Goon
Random Canadian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:42 am

In post 252, Flea The Magician wrote:Given I'm calling Echo/Taylor scumbuddies I really hope you're confident in your townblockiness.
What part of their interactions makes you believe that they are scum partners? Them getting into on day 1 like they have as scum partners would be some real good theater if that was the case imo.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:00 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 254, Random Canadian wrote:
In post 252, Flea The Magician wrote:Given I'm calling Echo/Taylor scumbuddies I really hope you're confident in your townblockiness.
What part of their interactions makes you believe that they are scum partners? Them getting into on day 1 like they have as scum partners would be some real good theater if that was the case imo.
Their actions separately are what have led me to the conclusion so far. Looking at their actions together is a little harder as I'm not aware if there's a combined ISO I can use to look at their interactions. That I remember, they're both sniping at each other occasionally, but neither is actually putting much in to a case on the other.

Echos case seems to be "it's never the person you most suspect nor least suspect, it's the person you most medium suspect" [#109] which based off the list in #101 would instead point towards me being their best suspect. Taylors only post between the two was #106 and asking for clarification on the reads.

I fully suspect echo to drop their vote off taylor the moment there's a credible threat to Taylor. Taylors still posting a whole lotta nothing but trying to get information without actually doing anything which is why my vote is currently staying on Taylor. I'm happy for either to go today.
billy big nose
billy big nose
Townie
billy big nose
Townie
Townie

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:20 am

Post by billy big nose »

In post 216, 72offsuit wrote:What motivation do you think scumMe would have to not revote !townTL?
potential brownie points for keeping tl off e-1 if they flip later

In post 224, 72offsuit wrote:
If you are town, you should feel glad that i have correctly read you as town :)
if youre a baddie its very easy to correctly read everyone in the game

In post 239, EchoVision wrote:also no, not a specific analysis just analysis in general
your posts seem like you're just coasting for now which is fine i guess cause everyone's boring and most of the thread is 72 and i being best buds but your catchups have so many words but such little content tied into it
lots of iioa which at this point isn't enough to lock you as scum but it's def something to take note of
dont agree, in my opinion andys posts have decent information

agree with taylor that parking vote on afk slot doesnt do much
UNVOTE: TL The Legend

In post 247, Tayl0r Swift wrote:but most of your posts are light on analysis, heavy on deflection and defense, and really only address things that are directed at you. ive yet to see you really try to engage with and sort anyone.
would probably say the same about most of your posts except the one with the 0 info readlist

VOTE: Tayl0r Swift
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:21 am

Post by EchoVision »

at the bottom of the page where it says “Display posts by user:” select one, press the plus in the brackets then select another and you can see a combined iso

*takes off SE hat*
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:22 am

Post by EchoVision »

VOTE: talor
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:22 am

Post by EchoVision »

oops VOTE: taylor
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:22 am

Post by EchoVision »

72 come join the town block
Random Canadian
Random Canadian
Goon
Random Canadian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:44 am

In post 255, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 254, Random Canadian wrote:
Their actions separately are what have led me to the conclusion so far. Looking at their actions together is a little harder as I'm not aware if there's a combined ISO I can use to look at their interactions. That I remember, they're both sniping at each other occasionally, but neither is actually putting much in to a case on the other.

Echos case seems to be "it's never the person you most suspect nor least suspect, it's the person you most medium suspect" [#109] which based off the list in #101 would instead point towards me being their best suspect. Taylors only post between the two was #106 and asking for clarification on the reads.

I fully suspect echo to drop their vote off taylor the moment there's a credible threat to Taylor. Taylors still posting a whole lotta nothing but trying to get information without actually doing anything which is why my vote is currently staying on Taylor. I'm happy for either to go today.
Echo mentioned this but there is a display post by user at the bottom where you can select to iso more than one person together.

They are currently cross-voting each other right now and I think with their more recent interactions that not both of them are scum. I'm kind of thinking of them is though. If you do get a chance to iso them together, I'd like to hear if you still feel they are both scum after reading through that.
Random Canadian
Random Canadian
Goon
Random Canadian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:50 am

In post 258, EchoVision wrote:VOTE: talor
In post 259, EchoVision wrote:oops VOTE: taylor
In post 260, EchoVision wrote:72 come join the town block
This is concerning. Echo knew his vote was on Taylor already as he said so in earlier today. Once Billy voted Taylor he used the opportunity to make this show to try and build momentum on the wagon. Wagons are good to put pressure on, this just feels so weird in how echo jumped at this chance after Billy decided to vote.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Land Down Under... Where women glow and men thunder

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:02 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

Wouldnt be upset by a taylor kick Taylor has zero posts that vibe town for me. Pushing a member of the town block is also bad.

Ill wait for TL replacemrnt before i cast my next vote.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:03 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

@Billy - are you able to give us a reads list please?
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:15 pm

Post by EchoVision »

In post 262, Random Canadian wrote:
In post 258, EchoVision wrote:VOTE: talor
In post 259, EchoVision wrote:oops VOTE: taylor
This is concerning. Echo knew his vote was on Taylor already as he said so in earlier today. Once Billy voted Taylor he used the opportunity to make this show to try and build momentum on the wagon. Wagons are good to put pressure on, this just feels so weird in how echo jumped at this chance after Billy decided to vote.
i was already on him
i like voting people more than once
i usually do it in rvs but it’s fun
VOTE: taylor
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:16 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 249, EchoVision wrote:i sorted RC
i gave my analysis on Flea
i sorted Ploti
i've given my analysis and opinions on your slot
ok gang its time for a closer look at echo here.

tl;dr echo hasnt done any analysis of any of the slots he sorted. i cant follow any of the reasoning for his reads or votes. the following spoilers contain all of the relevant posts from echo on the people he lists as working to sort.

Spoiler: echo sorting RC
In post 148, EchoVision wrote:damn you said RC and i thought back to old RC, idk if they even still exist
this is included because echo only mentions RC in three posts.
In post 195, EchoVision wrote:
In post 193, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 186, EchoVision wrote:
In post 180, Flea The Magician wrote:My read on echo is from the "playful" clogging up of their ISO, making a lot of crap in there to make it harder to read and fish through should we need to start pulling things on him. with 50 posts made there should be more than inane ramblings of wanting to top the page and what looks like sheep voting.\
lol yeah you'd think i'd give content

then you look at anything i've ever done and i just spam useless shit like page top analyses
So basically this sounds me like you're playing for a free pass as being written off as a fool.
In post 188, EchoVision wrote:andy you've said so many words and i've gained absolutely nothing from reading any of your words
Actually I'm getting a decent read off andy for now, and at least trying to participate other than being a troll.
In post 192, Tayl0r Swift wrote:why is echo not a very large wagon here? come on people
Because honestly yours seems more solid to me rn. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see you both as the imposters. And at least Echo is provoking some discussion.
nah i'm not a fool i just like to have fun with the games and interact with the people as more than players
i'm not the only one who thinks that andy's posts are lots of words with little content; guesser just made a post about it a little bit ago, and i'm almost positive 72 said something about it too
not to mention fake RC who had his vote on andy until just now

also i'm not a troll i just like to have fun damnit why does 80% of the forum take the game so seriously they don't even try to have fun or laugh zzzzzz

nah taylor doesn't start the wagon on her partner here, and I think RC has been around long enough to not sheep a vote this early
taylor's either misled town, or scared scum because she was part of my little-information-game-solve-a-palooza

the vote on me does lean me towards RC town though, just because of his experience and what i presume is an experienced player's intelligence
so echo is townreading RC basically for being around long enough to not be bad? but like... doesnt that apply to scum RC too? being smart and being experienced are really bad reasons to townread someone.
In post 231, EchoVision wrote:rc who's your biggest town read
on the other side who's your biggest scum read
this sort of post lets echo sheep RC, but if echo is townreading RC then echo should probably not be asking for townreads. it doesnt feel like echo is trying to sort RC because he never follows up. like i just dont see much here to justify a progression to a townbloc.

Spoiler: echo on flea
In post 101, EchoVision wrote:
In post 100, Flea The Magician wrote:OK then Echo, you're posting a lot and interacting a lot, how about a reads list?
uhhhhh

tl and andy are biggest scum reads right now which means they're probably not scum
wiyverns done nothing
billy i didn't know existed
flea you exist, i could be convinced either way on you
72's lock town in every game i play with him till the end of time
taylor's probably town at this point which means she's probably scum

is that everyone
this is the only "analysis" i could find about flea. saying someone exists is not analysis. i didnt see flea mentioned in the rest of the iso.

echo says he sorted plotinus. impressive, however did he manage to sort the mod? Im gonna assume this is a joke, but no townpoints should be awarded.
Spoiler: echo stating a reason for scumreading me
In post 227, EchoVision wrote:the more i look at any posts the more i dislike taylor though
VOTE: taylor
this is the only time i saw echo give reasoning for scumreading me. there are other posts engaging with me sorta, but none of them have better analysis except the post where echo says im town and therefore im scum.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:35 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Town looter replaces TL The Legend! Please welcome him!
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
UneducatedGuesser
UneducatedGuesser
Goon
UneducatedGuesser
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:50 pm

Post by UneducatedGuesser »

UNVOTE:

Billy and Echo do seem to be thinking pretty much alike, sure seems like the progression of their votes is pretty much exactly the same (other than Billy not having the chops to vote the mod, ofc). Andy, then TL, then Tay...

Not even sure you can call it sheeping, since Billy beat Echo to the punch on the TL wagon, but it's still funny how that's worked out.

Pedit: Cool, I don't even have to learn a new abbreviation here, TL replaces TL. Cool hi welcome.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:52 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 268, UneducatedGuesser wrote:UNVOTE:

Billy and Echo do seem to be thinking pretty much alike, sure seems like the progression of their votes is pretty much exactly the same (other than Billy not having the chops to vote the mod, ofc). Andy, then TL, then Tay...

Not even sure you can call it sheeping, since Billy beat Echo to the punch on the TL wagon, but it's still funny how that's worked out.

Pedit: Cool, I don't even have to learn a new abbreviation here, TL replaces TL. Cool hi welcome.
why leave your vote there the whole time we were looking for a replacement, and given that, why move it now?
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:06 pm

Post by Town looter »

TL replaces TL, nice.

Haven't read thread yet, and got some shit going on this weekend, but will hopefully catch up tomorrow.
signature
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:10 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 245, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 243, EchoVision wrote:
In post 234, Tayl0r Swift wrote:wrt to TL: im fine with putting pressure there, i think its healthy to pressure replacements as they join the game.
why not be pro-active
because we have four days and parking a vote on an empty slot is a waste of precious time. when the replacement gets here we can sort the slot. until then we have 7 posts to go on, and there isnt much in them.
I coudnt give a rat's who you are voting for. It's your lack of scumhunting that is bothering
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:11 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 271, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 245, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 243, EchoVision wrote:
In post 234, Tayl0r Swift wrote:wrt to TL: im fine with putting pressure there, i think its healthy to pressure replacements as they join the game.
why not be pro-active
because we have four days and parking a vote on an empty slot is a waste of precious time. when the replacement gets here we can sort the slot. until then we have 7 posts to go on, and there isnt much in them.
I coudnt give a rat's who you are voting for. It's your lack of scumhunting that is bothering
what do you think of my case on echo?
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:12 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 270, Town looter wrote:TL replaces TL, nice.

Haven't read thread yet, and got some shit going on this weekend, but will hopefully catch up tomorrow.
Hi, welcome TL.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:14 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

ill say a few things though: 1) i start off weak and page 11 is pretty early. 2) im more of a townhunter, and i think ive sorted a few people as town. 3) i feel like ive been doing solvy and sorty stuff. like sorry i dont have the game solved for you. and sorry i helped push through your mislunch last time when we were both town. but if anything that game should tell you my day 1 scumreads arent always the best.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”