cw357
cw357
Goon
cw357
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:14 pm

Post by cw357 »

hi everyone; sorry for having gone inactive i literally forgot about this game during night until i got a pm prod notification in my email

ah we have a cc
In post 563, petapan wrote:i tried to track ranny (picked someone off the d1 wagon, i had 45 minutes to decide and on a skim liked him worse) and got no result, it's very likely the scum team had figured out this slot was a power role off something dong had said which is why i didn't wait around to claim
ok so both scenarios seem plausible and yet implausible at the same time oof

however ranny's play reads more pr to me (at least at start-of-day 2) although i need to iso dong

my gut-scumread is on petapan, although my
logical
apprehension is that i dont see the scum motivation to cc

honestly i feel like we'll just have to hang someone and figure out interactions based on that

but granted there are obviously interactions with sesq/dkkoba so i'll read up on those

the good thing is, most people seem to have had a clear stance on this recent development (at least those who have been posting smh, although im not one to talk) which will be useful for ai interactions

i'll try and get caught up on where everyone stands on the ccs.
cw357
cw357
Goon
cw357
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:28 pm

Post by cw357 »

also tbh i dont think we're going to get much anymore out of analyzing the posts of petapan and ranny because they're obviously both going to tryhard (as either alignment) when cced making it much harder to get alignment-indicative reads. (at least until there's a flip)

I did try ISOing dong (see here: dongempire ISO) and basically the whole iso involved sheeping the current direction of the game.

VOTE: petapan because imo the evidence for petapan = scum is much greater (at least at the moment) than ranny = scum

one thing to note is that pr is 100% dead by tomorrow morning at least theoretically (since they either get hanged or scum gets hanged and pr becomes conf) so this game is now in essence mountainous, with the obvious exception that we know that 1 of 2 players is scum (and there's a roleblocker, but with no living prs, that doesn't make a difference). thus the game will either be 4/1 tomorrow morning (if we get scum) or 3/2 tomorrow morning (if we don't get scum, ELo) although in that case we can hang scum to get the game to 2/1. my point is just that now that i think of it, trying to get the scum today is actually way more important than i had initially thought.
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:51 pm

Post by Rannygazoo »

Welcome back cw.

I know I’m dead tonight, so I hope we were able to generate some good discussion today that town can use. I think some of you are into something.

Maybe it would have been better for me to keep my result to myself and try to get dong’s slot eliminated by tearing apart an iso like petapan did. Oh well. I said what I said, so let’s see how it plays out.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:43 am

Post by notscience »

@jdye that game I brought up earlier you looked at had scum fake a guilty on a VT and leave the game in his inexperienced (and widely scumread) partner and won off the wifom.

Re: the claim- mostly inexperience to not claim from the Getgo.

Still reading and will reply more but I’m being summoned for breakfast
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:53 am

Post by notscience »

In post 662, Rannygazoo wrote:@alonzo give it up, your tinfoil hat will be debunked when petapan flips roleblocker
Weren’t you saying he was the goon earlier?

Mmmmm

I’m still leaning pan I just want to get my ducks in a row first
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:33 am

Post by Rannygazoo »

In post 607, Rannygazoo wrote: If you look at my ISO, I'm clearly figuring out what maf did as I go.
In post 616, Rannygazoo wrote:To recap today for those who are just showing up:
  • I (town tracker) tracked petapan (mafia roleblocker) as he visited dkkoba
  • Petapan posted a neutral welcome message when the day started
  • I teased that I had a night result, thinking both scum visited and I could fluster them both
  • Petapan went on the offense immediately, as he(?) knew he was the only one who visited so my result had to be on him
  • Cue a desperate attempt to discredit me even though he knows he’s caught.
I’m fairly confident he’s roleblocker because dkk was scumreading me and would have likely jailed me if they could.
I know change is scary but come on, notscience. This is how investigations work. Our understanding improves as we go.

To add to 616, he’s roleblocker because scum would have had only one team member do the visiting to minimize the risk of getting caught by tracker. Petapan only visited one person, which means dkk was simultaneously killed and roleblocked.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:08 am

Post by notscience »

Miss me with the condescension.

I glazed over the back and forth because toxic confbias slap fights aren’t worth the energy.

I also am probably unfairly nitpicking you some because I’m concerned I’m getting snowed.

VOTE: petapan

Clown-1.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:20 am

Post by Rannygazoo »

In post 707, notscience wrote:Miss me with the condescension.
It’s all in good fun.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:23 am

Post by notscience »

Not really, lol. This game is the most toxic game I’ve seen since I’ve been back and that’s not a good thing at all. Quite frankly if it weren’t a “one of you has to be scum” situation I would be unabashedly ignoring these reads and you’d have near no chance of my cooperation

But I digress that’s a conversation for postgame
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:30 am

Post by Rannygazoo »

I don’t disagree, but I’m not trying to give you a hard time and I’m sorry for making it look that way.

I was only giving a hard time to AG because communication is difficult enough in all aspects of life, and I don’t have any patience for people who make it harder on purpose. Certainly not because they’re fangirling a webcomic character.

Petapan is clearly adopting a “be toxic to win” strategy as described in viewtopic.php?f=5&t=84099 and it really isn’t worth the cost.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:52 am

Post by Alonzo »

RC the psychologist, that's a new angle for him
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:53 am

Post by petapan »

In post 710, Rannygazoo wrote:I don’t disagree, but I’m not trying to give you a hard time and I’m sorry for making it look that way.

I was only giving a hard time to AG because communication is difficult enough in all aspects of life, and I don’t have any patience for people who make it harder on purpose. Certainly not because they’re fangirling a webcomic character.

Petapan is clearly adopting a “be toxic to win” strategy as described in viewtopic.php?f=5&t=84099 and it really isn’t worth the cost.
nothing i've said is toxic you're just hellacious obvscum taking advantage of level 0 thinkers going "oh claimed first must be real" when
you didn't boterher outing your report
. all this whining and crying from you is so flagrantly fake, you're acting like i'm out of bounds when you're just insulting me and making snarky comments and have no real argument
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:54 am

Post by petapan »

but w/e i'm done trying for this shitty game with shitty players who ignore everything i say

just get me and when i flip town get ranny and follow my reads on the last mafia
free crypto
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:17 am

Post by Alonzo »

Calm down, nothings off the table yet.

You mentioned I had ? 14 interactions with ranny, but didn't really establish anything alignment indicative iirc?

Where was I too soft on him?
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:20 am

Post by Alonzo »

NS could he genuinely trying to sort me, or could be keeping the door open to turn on me later on.
JD just comes up smelling of roses any which way which is always suspicious in of itself
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:33 am

Post by petapan »

In post 714, Alonzo wrote:Calm down, nothings off the table yet.

You mentioned I had ? 14 interactions with ranny, but didn't really establish anything alignment indicative iirc?

conclusion was at the end of the post but you and ns both appear to be townreading him off very little and imo if it's not you it's him
free crypto
cw357
cw357
Goon
cw357
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:39 am

Post by cw357 »

In post 705, notscience wrote:
In post 662, Rannygazoo wrote:@alonzo give it up, your tinfoil hat will be debunked when petapan flips roleblocker
Weren’t you saying he was the goon earlier?

Mmmmm

I’m still leaning pan I just want to get my ducks in a row first
hmm

I'm going to revisit the mechanical possiblities for last night because that could either be a town-slip or a scum-slip. (or it could be nothing :( )
In post 716, petapan wrote:
In post 714, Alonzo wrote:Calm down, nothings off the table yet.

conclusion was at the end of the post but you and ns both appear to be townreading him [ranny] off very little and imo if it's not you it's him
this post is strange.

(based on the quoted post I'm fairly sure "him" refers to ranny; please correct me if that is not the case.) "if it's not you it's him" I thought you knew that ranny is scum? not sure if this is just a weird tinfoil hat or a scumslip, but either way it's sus (ohno I'm starting to use among us languag in mafia)
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:49 am

Post by Rannygazoo »

Yes, I am the object of petapan’s obsession
cw357
cw357
Goon
cw357
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:57 am

Post by cw357 »

UNVOTE:

we're at E-1 and I don't want an early hammer
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:05 am

Post by Alonzo »

In post 125, borkjerfkin wrote:
Votecount 1.3

[3] arachnidsGrip (Rannygazoo, n3xell, JDye)
[3] JDye (DkKoba, arachnidsGrip, Sesq)
[1] DkKoba (cw357)
[1] Rannygazoo (piisirrational)

[1] Not Voting (Alonzo)

With 9 alive, it is 5 to eliminate.

Let me know if you see any problems.

Deadline is in (expired on 2020-10-10 13:00:00)
I think that scum! Ranny has to be very confident of his partners ability to win this game
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:07 am

Post by Rannygazoo »

That’s a meaningless hypothetical to me, but how do you interpret that from that vote count?
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:09 am

Post by Alonzo »

Sorry that's an early VC just after I unvoted JD from L1 , had been wondering how this game would have played out if we lost JD early...
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:11 am

Post by Alonzo »

In post 721, Rannygazoo wrote:That’s a meaningless hypothetical to me, but how do you interpret that from that vote count?
More specifically, even if you're scum, and you manage to take out the tracker, it's a big trade for scum to make unless there's a good chance they can win from there
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:15 am

Post by Rannygazoo »

That’s why I don’t feel so bad about claiming instead of trying to press dong’s slot without a claim. It’s a good trade for town.

Alonzo, you’ve said that eliminating petapan then me is the safe play for town. Will you tell us what you think based on your reads instead of what’s the safe play?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”