Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:21 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 848, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 847, petapan wrote:my feeling on jake is he's probably going to get himself yeeted at some point this game and i have no idea which way he'll flip
I specifically joined a Large game to avoid getting executed first.
Is there a reason that you're so unwilling to put in heavy lifting, then?
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:23 pm

Post by Tammy »

So, Diamond Sentinel is there a particular reason you're not interacting with or questioning the people you suspect? Why just spit names in the ether?
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:23 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 850, Cabd wrote:
In post 847, petapan wrote:my feeling on jake is he's probably going to get himself yeeted at some point this game and i have no idea which way he'll flip
I fear that whatever I say will always be turned against me, even if it's the towniest thing that has ever been done before, and I'll end up as the first blood again.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:25 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 851, Tammy wrote:So, Diamond Sentinel is there a particular reason you're not interacting with or questioning the people you suspect? Why just spit names in the ether?
I'm not very good at questioning folks (I wasn't before, and I'm quite out of practice). I'll join in if someone helps, but I'm no good at leading it myself.
In post 852, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 850, Cabd wrote:
I fear that whatever I say will always be turned against me, even if it's the towniest thing that has ever been done before, and I'll end up as the first blood again.
Oh hello scum tell. You uhh, you're really making this obvious for us.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:26 pm

In post 853, DiamondSentinel wrote:Oh hello scum tell. You uhh, you're really making this obvious for us.
Called it.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:26 pm

Post by Tammy »

But can you respond to Diamond?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:27 pm

Post by fferyllt »

I'm planning to do some Jake metadiving tonight.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 856, fferyllt wrote:I'm planning to do some Jake metadiving tonight.
Heh I looked at a few this morning, but nothing more than a quick glance.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 855, Tammy wrote:But can you respond to Diamond?
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:37 pm

When I posted that comment, it was specifically in response to 221 which read
horribly

Continuing down to things that I don't like about Cabd's iso. 677 reads terribly, as mod meta is
never
a reason to discount a role being in the game, to say nothing of how counter-productive set-up speculation is (this is almost a universal scumread in my eyes).
789 also reads similarly to 221, although to a different extent. They both read desperate for approval, but this time of varying accounts.
795 makes me want to vote them just out of principle. 805 is the same way.
817 is the only post that reads remotely town in that iso (everything else is null at best), but damn if it doesn't make me want to vote them
again
out of principle.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:39 pm

Post by Tammy »

Why does him asking me for feedback on the reads he expressed read horribly?
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:43 pm

It's begging for you to agree with them, or at the very least grant his reads merit. In my experience, it's been a horrible scum-tell, where a player asking for someone to validate their reads is just trying make them seem legitimate.
“Why was I chosen?'
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:45 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 844, midwaybear wrote:tbh I'm not really reading him one way or the other right now, but I saw Cabd, you, and Syrana all voting him so I thought there was something to him. I don't like it, but I'm not really disliking it either. Weird that Pooky never decided to clarify on the reasons he voted me.
I voted you because you called Eliza a fruit and it broke her heart and I demand an apology
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:45 pm

not just any fruit but a low hanging one!
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:47 pm

In post 861, DiamondSentinel wrote:It's begging for you to agree with them, or at the very least grant his reads merit. In my experience, it's been a horrible scum-tell, where a player asking for someone to validate their reads is just trying make them seem legitimate.
This wasn't asking for validation though? This was asking for feedback, as in "Do you agree or disagree with my reads?"
"
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:47 pm

I mean, you kinda are. Like, probably the second lowest hanging fruit in this thread besides Jake, but I genuinely think that Jake should be lynched in spite of being LHF.
“Why was I chosen?'
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:47 pm

In post 863, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:not just any fruit but a low hanging one!
You called?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:48 pm

Post by Tammy »

You're right that's a horrible scum tell! About as bad as the "I'll pick back up at post #" scum tell.

Why can't it be him reading me by my reaction to his reads or him trying to gauge where my head it at to see if we're on the same page? Why can't it be two people working together?

The rest of the things you pointed out look like you're scum reading personality or play style rather than things that are actually scummy. And maybe you got fixated on the things you did because someone asked you about the group of us.

On the one hand, I kinda like it because sometimes people get squicked when they don't understand the friend dynamics and how people interact who've played a lot together and are friends in real life. On the other, I'm wondering if you realize you're reading personalities as scum rather than behavior.

@Diamond Sentinel
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:52 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 845, DiamondSentinel wrote:Can we get some coverage on Jake? I still feel pretty good about my vote on him. Others I'd be interested in voting include peta, cabd, and maybe Syr.

Bell's response really doesn't make me feel any better about them, but I'm not really sure what else we'd get out of it.
i have seen it said offsite that listing names in the "w, x, y, or maybe z" is scummy, though. don't have enough experience to go "yeah this is scum" but i'm raising an eyebrow at the format here (does remind me of a Titus-Saber post though)

(could care less that i'm one of the names here and would probably like him on the merit of
who
he's naming, just the
way
he's doing it pings)
free crypto
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:54 pm

In post 865, DiamondSentinel wrote:I mean, you kinda are. Like, probably the second lowest hanging fruit in this thread besides Jake, but I genuinely think that Jake should be lynched in spite of being LHF.
Eliza already killed herself you monster
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:54 pm

Post by petapan »

actually nvm he's prob town lol
free crypto
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:55 pm

In post 864, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 861, DiamondSentinel wrote:It's begging for you to agree with them, or at the very least grant his reads merit. In my experience, it's been a horrible scum-tell, where a player asking for someone to validate their reads is just trying make them seem legitimate.
This wasn't asking for validation though? This was asking for feedback, as in "Do you agree or disagree with my reads?"
"
See, that's where you're wrong, buddy. :cool:

It's not just about what people say, but why do they say it? And specifically, why do they say it how they say it? Instead of saying "what do you think of my reads", why did they not say "what reads do you have on X, Y, and Z people?" The former has an inherent assertion that the reads have merit of their own, and it's a clever way to normalize someone's opinions.

PEdit: So a couple things.
I do know Cabd's personality, and it's not just personality that I'm reading. I've glanced at some of his recent games and this behavior is a bit off compared to those.
Additionally, at this point (this early in the game), working together should always be viewed with scrutiny. Even if they're metabuddies, any amount of immediate comradery should be viewed under the microscope.
And finally, I
have
looked at that possibility that he is trying to read your reaction, and I just don't find that credible. It doesn't hold much water. Anyone can react to someone's reads. It's, in my experience, one of the weaker types of ways to read people.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:56 pm

In post 868, petapan wrote:
In post 845, DiamondSentinel wrote:Can we get some coverage on Jake? I still feel pretty good about my vote on him. Others I'd be interested in voting include peta, cabd, and maybe Syr.

Bell's response really doesn't make me feel any better about them, but I'm not really sure what else we'd get out of it.
i have seen it said offsite that listing names in the "w, x, y, or maybe z" is scummy, though. don't have enough experience to go "yeah this is scum" but i'm raising an eyebrow at the format here (does remind me of a Titus-Saber post though)

(could care less that i'm one of the names here and would probably like him on the merit of
who
he's naming, just the
way
he's doing it pings)
I'm going to take the "reminds me of a Titus post" as a compliment here.
“Why was I chosen?'
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:57 pm

Post by midwaybear »

She was scum lol
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:57 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 871, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 864, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
"
See, that's where you're wrong, buddy. :cool:

It's not just about what people say, but why do they say it? And specifically, why do they say it how they say it? Instead of saying "what do you think of my reads", why did they not say "what reads do you have on X, Y, and Z people?" The former has an inherent assertion that the reads have merit of their own, and it's a clever way to normalize someone's opinions.

PEdit: So a couple things.
I do know Cabd's personality, and it's not just personality that I'm reading. I've glanced at some of his recent games and this behavior is a bit off compared to those.
Additionally, at this point (this early in the game), working together should always be viewed with scrutiny. Even if they're metabuddies, any amount of immediate comradery should be viewed under the microscope.
And finally, I
have
looked at that possibility that he is trying to read your reaction, and I just don't find that credible. It doesn't hold much water. Anyone can react to someone's reads. It's, in my experience, one of the weaker types of ways to read people.
You're using the wrong lens on your microscope.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”