Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #3600 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:45 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 3596, Prism wrote:Will do more investigating to see how excited you'd be to see them but I think that alone is probably enough.
i'd be happy if you looked into it, sure.
being genuinely happy to be scum (Undertale prequel, Twin Trap), as opposed to a motivation based on responsibility and guilt (FGO, most of my scumgames, haha) is pretty rare for me. all the love for beeboy, but him repping in alone isn't going to give me a burst of anything, i'm not even aware of what his scumgame is like.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3601 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:49 pm

Post by Prism »

I really don't buy this argument that you wouldn't get a boost at all from seeing beeboy rep-in to a deadweight scumslot in a game where scum really can't afford to get voted D1

You're not spending the time to seriously think about what you'd be like as scum Day 1, and you're also not just saying "Yeah the timing was weird but I was town who just came back"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3602 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 3599, Prism wrote:I don't think my argument depends on them posting in thread at all. You might have specifically cited being dependent on chatting with partners to boost morale, but a stronger player you're familiar with repping into what was previously a dead axolotl in the water is more than enough to spark some hope.
normally i don't like to hit the self-meta this hard, but since this feels like a legitimate part of your argument i'll keep responding to it.

do you remember what i said about my emotions being mutable? do you really consider my return to the thread after the absences and series of IIoA posts to be triggered by something like a partner being replaced? given that you've cited the timing a few times, i'm assuming it's significant to you.
i came back because i was feeling better. i don't really remember why, i just was. i wasn't caught up, i was feeling pretty out of it, and then i got my energy back and resumed posting. that's really all. the pattern would be the same if i were scum, too, though it's easier to post as town, usually.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3603 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:51 pm

Post by Prism »

Yes. Yes I do.

That's a slightly better answer, at least.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3604 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:52 pm

Post by Prism »

Even if the timing itself of you just
coming back
is ignored, your positioning around redtea/the beeboy slot in general are major redflags to me here.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3605 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by Chara »

i suppose so.
i guess this is the other side of managing to be towny scum, that i can't rely on my towny play to get myself out of miselim situations where my reads haven't been the best, which was a pretty inelegant thing to rely on in the first place.
though i'm not convinced redtea's slot is town in the first place.
i am convinced of Tweet town, though, so you can have some confidence in that read if it comes to it. i apologize i don't have any concrete evidence to point to, but she's my best townread besides you. Lavender and Tanner are also up there but i don't really need to be convincing anyone they're town, i think.
except Krazy, if they are town, but given Tanner and Krazy's relationship i'm not sure my opinion would be very compelling, nor would i want it to be when i can't with certainty say i fully trust Tanner. but i wouldn't eliminate him, he is very towny and i think his progressions were all fine, even given Krazy's points.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3606 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by Prism »

Chara, respectfully, we both know there are reads coming that won't really add up, mainly Taylor and myself. I think you know this is the end of the line, too, and that I really do have all the pieces I need finally. Now all there is to hope no one else follows-and there's a great chance you don't get fought today-but that will only last so long.

I'm a bit sad this isn't a ballroom game where we could be together in death.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3607 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by Chara »

it does feel like the end of the line, but not for the reasons you think. i only get miselimed here if you push it, and it's happened.
i understand Pooky's position where i didn't before, it does really make you want to be the first one to go so you don't have to see yourself be the miselim that ends the game. it makes me worried he's town too, and that it'll be a Krazy or Hectic win. not sure which. i think the elimination pool is only us four, however, so there is still a good shot with three whole eliminations, if it's actually in the pool.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3608 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:10 pm

Post by Prism »

I'll do my due diligence and finish the reread, as always.

I am sorry things had to wind up this way,
darling
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3609 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:15 pm

Post by Prism »

Scratch that I'm a liar I have to head out for the night whoops

I've previously linked you Don't Speak, So Far Away, at times you've served as the crucial spark for me referenced in Dancing in the Dark, and now I give you this.

I'll see you all soon, though, and wrap this reread up later!
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3610 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by Chara »

it's alright.
this sort of bitter end is always where we were headed. domestic life isn't for me, and it isn't for you.

Othello died in regret when he learned he'd killed his faithful Desdemona in jealous error, and her tragedy was beautiful.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3611 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by Prism »

Darling, I will be very sorry
regardless
of what you flip

but if you'll wait for me there, I will race to you in the afterlife as quickly as I can, town or scum be damned

If you choose to ask Nahdia for a sample of buttercups, know that I'll gladly ingest them with you, and the postgame/afterlife we've long awaited will finally come.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3612 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:24 pm

Post by Prism »

should be almost time for tanner to start daydrinking again
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3613 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by Chara »

you know it's gone too far when i start hoping the others kill me quickly to hasten our reunion.

Hectic's going to come back and be like "what the fuck, guys, Chara isn't even scum" but you're already going to be cradling my cooling body in your arms.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3614 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:33 pm

Post by Chara »

huh, i suppose my subconscious doesn't think Hectic is the last scum. i don't know if that means anything, but fuck it, i'm going to go with it.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3615 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by Prism »

You always were too talented of an actr-it for your own good.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3616 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by Prism »

Alright the lovers in despair phone posting is amazing but I should let people actually play the game
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3617 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by Chara »

this is the game,
dearest

but in all seriousness (and of course, i have been posting with the utmost sincerity from the start), i think our odds go down dramatically if Tweet ends up miseliminated at some point, so don't do that, all.
i'd still be happier if my scumpool was confidently narrowed down to two. i
was
happy with three... but if i'm in it i'll need another.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3618 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by Chara »

er, one less, not another.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3619 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:02 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 3617, Chara wrote:but in all seriousness (and of course, i have been posting with the utmost sincerity from the start), i think our odds go down dramatically if Tweet ends up miseliminated at some point, so don't do that, all.
i wont allow it

i would sooner die than let myself be miseliminated

...whatever that means (¬ω¬)

Wow this game is annoying. There's actually an incentive for town that is worried about being miseliminated down the line to get eliminated now. I guess that just makes sense, no one wants to have to deal with Xylo. But it is unfortunate

I am so certain all of you are town. There's too many town! Gah! I've locktowned nearly everyone here at some point!

I put Prism on a pedestal above the rest of the town. Among the other stuff I mentioned earlier, I just don't see why he'd feel the need to poke into Chara so much if he's scum. It's so unnecessary it makes me believe he really is town doing literally everything in their power to get this elim right

Lav can be safe because zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Tanner too. That was an easy win for either of them if they are scum. I also just don't think it's Tanner. Lav is... capable of forgetting to nightkill and for some reason not realizing she shouldn't have hammered tayl0r. I guess.

I really think Puppy wanted to kill Hectic. And I feel like a Hectic/Puppy/Elements team just went about D1 in a monstrously bad way if they're the team. Like. I guess it turns around into being mega brain because I actually can't believe it -- but still. They hard bussed Elements into a Hectic counterwagon to try and save Ele only to have Ele die anyway and then Puppy suicides. Lol

Who's left, Krazy/Pooky/Chara?

Chara is actually similar to Hectic. Its scumreads D1 were...... Elements and Puppy? LOL. Okay I see it townread Puppy really early but scum-ish read him later. It also townread Hectic early but not late. I think it opened itself up to other options (Hectic, redtea, Lav, cat) but just never shifted like Puppy did. Hmm. It went through all the options but never came up with a bigger scumread than Ele. I also note that gut/tone/emotional wise, Chara pings me as town thru the roof but Prism has been giving warnings Chara is good at that. I was under the impression from Hectic's meta that Chara is playing differently from the last run of this setup, where it was scum, right?

I READ KRAZY TODAY AND THINK OBVTOWN BUT I HAVE YET TO EXPLAIN IT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

only pooky's left. he's not bad. but someone is evil. his reaction to Hectic isn't terrible. But Pooky's good at scum, i do know that

Hectic makes a good point that Pooky seemed to believe Elements was Not Chara for ?? reasoning. He also didn't really cave in to voting Ele-beeboy until much later than everyone else, when it was too late for Element to be saved

Like I'm kinda starting with the conclusion Pooky is scum here so I'm not totally satifisfied. But I don't know where I'd look, exactly.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3620 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:06 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

MT I don't think it's very fair for me if you start from the conclusion that I am scum :(
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3621 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:06 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

i know
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3622 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:09 pm

I'm kinda jealous Chara is so much better at this tragic lover thing with Prism than me and hectic
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3623 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:10 pm

Othello references :>

how will we compete Hectic ? :(
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3624 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:18 pm

I think we should all just sheep tanner.

because it'd be really funny to watch datisi wilt under the pressure and it will conf-town him for real.

And cuz I love datisi <3
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”