2020 scum league fantasy football

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Yiley
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:17 am

Post by Yiley »

In post 299, Nero Cain wrote:So @ some point this season I will be making a poll about changes we might be implementing
next season
. I would like you guys, either in this thread or via pm/discord to make proposals on what we will vote on.

So far the things we will be voting on are

-making FAAB our waiver and the budget (I propose $100)
-using ppr
-getting rid of kickers
-draft pick trades
-getting rid of the 3rd WR and making it a flex spot

So you propose away and we can discuss things.
just saw this, my thoughts:
1: i guess, never tried FAAB before, but id be willing to give it a shot, as long as we have the option to dump it if it doesn't work well.
2: I agree with what others have said about half point.
3: no to this one, kickers are a vital part of the game for me. something you have to work around.
4:id be fine with this.
5:a flex spot would be nice, but we already have thin rb options, this would just make that worse. maybe just a wr/te flex spot?
Permanent scum read
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:58 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

I changed my mind, nuke the punted team and give the rest of us scraps

Oh wait is it too late for that?

:(
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:25 am

Post by Nero Cain »

you're a little late yeah...
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:48 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

[quote="nero"]So far the things we will be voting on are

-making FAAB our waiver and the budget (I propose $100)
-using ppr
-getting rid of kickers
-draft pick trades
-getting rid of the 3rd WR and making it a flex spot[/quote[

-yes to FAAB
-Abstain on PPR
-no to getting rid of kickers
-Yes to draft picks if it's draft position only
-Abstain on FLEX instead of WR3
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:12 am

Post by PokerFace »

I still prefer points per receiving first down over ppr. You don't deserve any points if you catch a pass behind the line of scrimmage and just get back to the line of scrimmage. I see a lot of quick outs end like that in the nfl and you don't deserve points for it. Meanwhile if you catch the ball and get a first down, clearly you achieved something. Not sure if 0.5 or 1 per recieving first downs is best

Adding some form of extra points to receiving should create more rbs, wrs, and tes that can be played. It will likely create more wrs than anything else so I'd rather keep 3wrs. Rbs will still be too valuable since they will get more points than wrs and tes. Tes will probably get drafted higher with the add of wr/te. More will likely show up on benches because of the added versatility, with that in mind I'd rather keep 3wrs than change too much. Let's see how ppr or pprfd pans out first and we can revote on the flex the year after
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:14 am

Post by PokerFace »

can you update the first post with who owns what teams in the leagues?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:32 am

Post by Nero Cain »

im of the "if it ain't broken don't fix it" crowd. I feel like FF is fine without PPR and PPR is used to mostly to pad stats and make more players viable. I guess one could argue that it reduces swing a bit since heavily used players will mostly always have a good stat line and they won't get like overshadowed by that 3rd/4th WR that catches a long bomb for a TD and gets 13 points while your 2nd round pick receiver has like a 6/60/0 line.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:55 am

Post by PJ. »

I think usage based scoring (ppr) is just simply better than almost purely lucky based scoring (standard). Without ppr, winning basically becomes akin to "how many touchdowns did your receivers catch? And touchdowns being mostly luck based makes that question pretty dumb
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:59 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 332, PJ. wrote:I think usage based scoring (ppr) is just simply better than almost purely lucky based scoring (standard). Without ppr, winning basically becomes akin to "how many touchdowns did your receivers catch? And touchdowns being mostly luck based makes that question pretty dumb
green shirt thursdays
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:04 am

Post by Nero Cain »

PPR is prob very useful/needed in DEEP leagues. like 12+ We are always going to do a max of 12.

Ultimately I just want to play FF and I rather have a league where I'm maybe a little unhappy than have an empty league or a league full of unhappy folks.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:43 am

Post by Nero Cain »

yeah I can see that angle

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Week 4 has come and gone and all it took was an owner change and Cam Newton to get COVID for the newly named Injured Reserve to notch their first win of the season by beating the Bellhops by 20+ points. Pokers Ace's, the #1 team in the league, beat the fore mentioned fellow MS South member Pabs Blue Ribbon, knocking him down to 1-3 as The Fishes continued their dominance of the south by beating Always Thuney to capture the lead.

Turning now to the MS north Joe's marvelous teams continues to underperform as they lose to Bones Broken Boner's, who have learned how to pick up a defense. In what was the closest game of the week Get Reckt squeak by the Magic Bears.

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:17 am

Post by PokerFace »

But I am in the north...

Also why north and south? Should be scum and town seriously
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:04 am

Post by Aronis »

Can we add IR spots next year? It feels pretty ridiculous that there's a pandemic happening and we literally can't put anyone on IR.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by PokerFace »

League 2 has 1 IR spot. I wouldn't mind having 1 more given the pandemic
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:11 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 339, PokerFace wrote:League 2 has 1 IR spot. I wouldn't mind having 1 more given the pandemic
I did the max of 10 b/c I had forgotten to do that earlier. KMD can also change his

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:07 am

Post by PokerFace »

Woah I think 10 is a excessive. No one is gonna need 10 especially since you only start 9. Before this season, 1 has always been fine, but because of the pandemic I think 2 would be all we would need
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:51 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Ive gone to 10 because I believe both leagues should play under the same rules
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:01 am

Post by PokerFace »

Even with what just happened to the ne vs den game and what is likely to happen again to the titans game, I still think 10 is excessive
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:17 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am losing this week if bufalo and tenessee gets canceled
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:24 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

That's me in auction. I took out John Brown just in case, but didn't feel comfortable doing the same with Henry.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:54 am

Post by PokerFace »

I got allen and diggs. So I just picked up cousins and david moore since they play tonight and a hurricane might cancel the monday game. If tuesday game canceled I will have to sub in cousins and moore and hope for the best
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I have decided to hope nfl finds a way. Considering how moore and cousins are playing, they might not get me enough anyway
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:36 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I still hope nfl finds a way especially since I would have won already if I had gone with the cousins and moore plan
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 341, PokerFace wrote:Woah I think 10 is a excessive. No one is gonna need 10 especially since you only start 9. Before this season, 1 has always been fine, but because of the pandemic I think 2 would be all we would need
ehhhh....

I agree that we aren't very likely to need 10 IR slots but we can only change it once so I felt like "just do the max" b/c I mean if a player is out for the season it doesn't affect anything and if they are going to return in X amount of time you still have to edit your roster and take that IR player off of IR. I think next year that KMD and I or whomever commishes will move it to a more reasonable-sounding four or something but I don't think the # of IR slots is going to have much of any impact

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”