fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:54 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1197, Tammy wrote:Which read are you wondering about? You, Cabd, syry or just the whole?

This morning when I woke up at seven I was super optimistic and sure. In that moment I was sure you all were town.

Fell back asleep and woke up in a different mood and more uncertain than I was.

But he sum of it is that my town read of you is getting stronger. Cabd got kicked up a notch and is merrily skipping behind you. He has balloons but I don’t trust what’s in those balloons.

Syry is much the same as he was, which I know will cause you to start squinting at me but *shrug*. This morning I went through midsummer’s where syry was scum last, and well I want to go back through it again when I’m not feeling like I am right now.
Mostly I was wondering if the chain-read leading to Cabd was happening, and this post says "yes".
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:54 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 1179, Nahdia wrote:feels a little big brain to me.
I'm about 25% as smart as I think I am,

I revise this number down all the time but it's difficult to sync up.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:57 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 1190, Something_Smart wrote:Why not? Transparency is usually better for town so people can understand your mindset.
I have some thoughts on over-transparency.

Also it makes town-tells later dropped by target more questionable.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:01 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1199, Nahdia wrote:
In post 1195, petapan wrote:
In post 1194, Nahdia wrote:i guess i just dont understand the distinction between what im putting forward and content that "provides real insight". should i just not post unless i have some massive revelation?
i would like you to post something that makes me believe you are town. mostly i don't see why you felt the need to come in on that particular argument other than it being a thing that was going on in the immediate present that you could take an easy position on by disputing what pooky was saying
okay well im not sure why you're sniping at me because you're not able to read into my content. seems like a you problem. you call what i said an easy position, fine, but why does that mean i shouldn't say what im thinking as i read the thread?

this feels more like a theory of mafia discussion than anything else and is unhelpful.
well it's like, okay, you saw that, why did you feel it was necessary to say anything there? it's a very 'safe' post to make because i don't think his arguments are good but my problem is you're coming in going against faulty logic in an argument that doesn't involve you, and that's a thing where you can be objective and argue easily but is ultimately inconsequential, there's no scumhunting in it but it looks like you're saying something
free crypto
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:04 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1202, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Also it makes town-tells later dropped by target more questionable.
If a tell goes away when you talk about it, it probably wasn't a very good tell to begin with.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:12 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 1203, petapan wrote:
In post 1199, Nahdia wrote:
In post 1195, petapan wrote:
In post 1194, Nahdia wrote:i guess i just dont understand the distinction between what im putting forward and content that "provides real insight". should i just not post unless i have some massive revelation?
i would like you to post something that makes me believe you are town. mostly i don't see why you felt the need to come in on that particular argument other than it being a thing that was going on in the immediate present that you could take an easy position on by disputing what pooky was saying
okay well im not sure why you're sniping at me because you're not able to read into my content. seems like a you problem. you call what i said an easy position, fine, but why does that mean i shouldn't say what im thinking as i read the thread?

this feels more like a theory of mafia discussion than anything else and is unhelpful.
well it's like, okay, you saw that, why did you feel it was necessary to say anything there? it's a very 'safe' post to make because i don't think his arguments are good but my problem is you're coming in going against faulty logic in an argument that doesn't involve you, and that's a thing where you can be objective and argue easily but is ultimately inconsequential, there's no scumhunting in it but it looks like you're saying something
i saw a post. i had a thought on said post. i wrote the thought. i hit submit.

is that not how im meant to play this game?????
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:28 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1199, Nahdia wrote:okay well im not sure why you're sniping at me because you're not able to read into my content. seems like a you problem.
actually there's a question: do you think i
should
be finding you as town based on what you've posted?
free crypto
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:31 am

Post by Nahdia »

if it's a question of "how does this help you solve the game?", my intention was to question the sincerity of pooky's point. it goes back to the same thing i voted fferyllt for: the point isn't WRONG or bad logic, but i disagree that the final conclusion actually indicates the person is mafia. does pooky genuinely disagree with me there, or is he just throwing logic at the wall in search of a advantageous conclusion sticking?
petapan wrote:
In post 1199, Nahdia wrote:okay well im not sure why you're sniping at me because you're not able to read into my content. seems like a you problem.
actually there's a question: do you think i
should
be finding you as town based on what you've posted?
i'm not gonna tell you how to scumhunt. if you think my butting in there is scummy and opportunistic, fine. but im going to explain myself because im not scum.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:40 am

Post by petapan »

that's not just based on that single post which i'd rather not belabor at this point, it's based on everything you've said this game. you said i'm "not able to read into your content" and i'm asking if you believe i should be reading you as town
free crypto
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:44 am

Post by Nahdia »

fine then. yes. yes you should be reading me as town because i am town.

-Zaphkael, 2020
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:50 am

Post by petapan »

okay but where in your content should i be getting that read. what am i missing?
free crypto
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:59 am

Post by Nahdia »

look

Spoiler: incoherent personal rant that has no actual bearing on the game
im not happy, okay? i work a mentally taxing job which cannot be done from home. we're heavily understaffed, so ive been putting in 9.5-10 hour days all week. our computer systems have been crashing which has added more stress, and just yesterday one of my co-workers went on a racist tirade because the IT guy we spoke to had an accent. today is my only day off because our crashed computer systems mean i have to go back in on monday which i normally have off in order to catch up on work we couldnt do before. i had a lot of things i wanted to accomplish today, including catching up in this thread, but what do you know, my insomnia acted up again last night and when i did get a few hours of sleep, it was already noon i had a fever of 101 and now it hurts to look at screens for too long. im fucking trying, alright? i enjoy mafia and want to participate, and i really hate being that person who posts nothing but excuses and prodges, so ive been trying to give content on what's in front of me so at least people have something. and now you come in and snipe at me for what contribution i have, so yeah, im kind of upset! im not going to tell you how to scumhunt but i do feel and obligation to give you something to read me on. if you're not satisfied with it, i dont know what to do.
petapan wrote:okay but where in your content should i be getting that read. what am i missing?
god, fuck, what are you even asking me to say here? im not going to spoon feed you an analysis of my own content. if im not being towny in your eyes, fine!!!! im not begging you for a townread so why are you acting this way? im getting so mad about this rn!

-Zaphkael, 2020
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:02 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1095, fferyllt wrote:
In post 1029, Gamma Emerald wrote: I'm more concerned abut keeping my store-bought bread from going bad. I'm not much of a DIY guy.
Do you live in a super humid area? When I visit family in Florida I buy 1/2 to 1/3 size ciabattas, baguettes, etc. They're easier to get through before they succumb to the humidity. Could also freeze half the loaf, but that's suboptimal imo. I'd rather buy sizes that can be consumed quickly enough while fresh. You could also try storing in a paper bag instead of plastic.
Yeah I’m Orlando area so the humidity is a killer. I’ll keep the half-size loaf suggestion in mind for certain. Unfortunately we like to repurpose our grocery bags and paper doesn’t work as well for that.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Looking at Nahdia’x personAl rant make me feel a lot less sure of my scumread on them
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:07 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

the last couple pages are strange and there wasnt really anything fun to respond to. im pretty sure scum were active and working to distance from each other though, because a lot of shit was thrown but no votes were placed
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:10 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1139, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1137, petapan wrote:how are they scummy to you if they need more digging though, what is it that's setting you off, what is the feeling that gives you the idea you need to look into them, give me something here
That is exactly why they need more digging.
It seems like you just picked two names spoken of in negative light as “scumreads” and don’t actually have your own reasons here
<Embrace The Void>

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:15 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1211, Nahdia wrote:look

Spoiler: incoherent personal rant that has no actual bearing on the game
im not happy, okay? i work a mentally taxing job which cannot be done from home. we're heavily understaffed, so ive been putting in 9.5-10 hour days all week. our computer systems have been crashing which has added more stress, and just yesterday one of my co-workers went on a racist tirade because the IT guy we spoke to had an accent. today is my only day off because our crashed computer systems mean i have to go back in on monday which i normally have off in order to catch up on work we couldnt do before. i had a lot of things i wanted to accomplish today, including catching up in this thread, but what do you know, my insomnia acted up again last night and when i did get a few hours of sleep, it was already noon i had a fever of 101 and now it hurts to look at screens for too long. im fucking trying, alright? i enjoy mafia and want to participate, and i really hate being that person who posts nothing but excuses and prodges, so ive been trying to give content on what's in front of me so at least people have something. and now you come in and snipe at me for what contribution i have, so yeah, im kind of upset! im not going to tell you how to scumhunt but i do feel and obligation to give you something to read me on. if you're not satisfied with it, i dont know what to do.
petapan wrote:okay but where in your content should i be getting that read. what am i missing?
god, fuck, what are you even asking me to say here? im not going to spoon feed you an analysis of my own content. if im not being towny in your eyes, fine!!!! im not begging you for a townread so why are you acting this way? im getting so mad about this rn!
well i'm sorry you have had to deal with all of that. it's not going to change my feelings about you this game but hopefully if you're town i figure it out. i'm heading out for a bit so i won't be badgering you anymore and you can do whatever it is you're going to do

but since you referenced your ffery vote again, let's revisit that: i jumped on you for that vote because it felt like scum trying a little too hard a little too early, attempting to put suspicion on someone for what was good-natured rvs banter. i vote you for it, call you scum, the response you give me is "no im not." which felt
flat
. i've been suspicious of you since, nothing you've said has changed my mind. i engage you today, you give me the line about havig trouble reading into your content, i ask where you think i should be seeing you as town, and i get this. and like, i'm not unsympathetic to the shit you're dealing with, and if you simply haven't had the time to play the game properly that's fine and not a problem, but you seemed to imply i
should
have been reading you as town off the things you've already posted and that hasn't been apparent to me.

anyway that'll be the last from me on this for now
free crypto
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:16 am

Post by Nahdia »

that implication was not intended.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:17 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 1049, fferyllt wrote:Diamond, Gamma and Alisae are the players I feel like I should already have an opinion on. I'm probably close, but data overload, I guess.
How's this going?
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:20 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 1154, Tammy wrote:
In post 1140, Tammy wrote:Cabd can you talk about your read on Syry? Do you actually suspect him or is that one of those weird things you do sometimes where you pretend to scumread someone you don't actually to catch people in a trap?

I feel like if ffery has him as town as she has him I shouldn't feel this hesitation and conflict.

Are your concerns real? Or am I just really crazy right now?
Actually scratch this. I don't care. I'm gonna stop beating myself up for not having a concrete read right here when we're still in the infant stages of the game.

If he's town I'll figure it out eventually.
I know you don't care, but I kind of feel the need to reply to this anyways.

This isn't a case of "One of those weird things"

I don't think what Syr has done is all that outside of his scumrange. I know FGO was like a jumbo box of wheaties right to his solar plexus. So I expect his confidence in his play writ large is better these days, not just about his townplay.

I quite frankly don't really care how ffery is reading or not reading him, and I want to read him by myself on my own merits. And right now it's not enough to put him in the tier list that some beacons of hope this game occupy.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:21 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 1218, Cabd wrote:
In post 1049, fferyllt wrote:Diamond, Gamma and Alisae are the players I feel like I should already have an opinion on. I'm probably close, but data overload, I guess.
How's this going?
I think I see a very old strong towntell from one of these three players.

I'm going to keep it otherwise close to my chest which tell, and which of those three, but curious to see if you get there or see it as well.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:22 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: TaySwift
<Embrace The Void>

Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:23 am

Post by Nahdia »

Nahdia wrote:that implication was not intended.
like, i guess i understand ultimately where you're coming from with your engagement if you felt my comment towards pooky was "easy" or however you want to call it. but in the moment yes, it was very aggrevating to get that response when im trying to put something out there. read me as town, read me as scum, fine, though i'll obviously defend myself in the latter case. but your point was that i shouldnt even have made the post at all, which really set me off! and since then ive explained both why i felt the need to respond to what's in front of me as well as my deeper intention with the comment with regard to how im trying to tease out pooky's alignment, but you haven't responded to anyof that. instead you seem fixated on attacking me for not having the right kind of content. mind you im not taking it personally, but i am really frustrated by how this interaction has progressed! it feels super unfair towards me.
Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: TaySwift
?

-Zaphkael, 2020
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:26 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I felt like you could be Town so I voted a different scumread
<Embrace The Void>

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:26 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 1073, Cabd wrote:
In post 1072, fferyllt wrote:On page 43.

I don't even
Think about it incredibly hard. You're good at this kind of thinking.

Let me know if you don't have it by the morning.
WE ALL GOOD HERE?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”