2020 scum league fantasy football

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:31 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

wait im sorry we have TEN IR slots now????????
green shirt thursdays
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:29 pm

Post by PJ. »

I think 1 in a normal year is fine. I think 3 or 4 this year would of been more than enough
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:14 am

Post by PokerFace »

Its probably better we over due it than under due it with this pandemic so I guess 10 is better than too few if you can't change it again, since it sounds like you can't change it again

We all should keep note of the max number of IRs we actually use during a given week so if shit like this ever happens again (heaven forbid) we know the exact number we need

For example I am currently using just 2 spots for fant and cmc. Bell is back and healthy though I did not start him this week given jets could be unpredictable with the new qb and bell just getting healthy
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:34 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

this is fucking comical. TEN IR SPOTS
green shirt thursdays
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:34 am

Post by PokerFace »

TEN, I SEE IR spots lol
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:12 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

On one hand, nobody is going to use even remotely close to ten IR slots lol

Spoiler: On the other hand, I said the same thing when we did this in baseball and then this is how I ended my season...
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:10 am

Post by Nero Cain »

thats a nice roster you got there D3
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:13 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

You won that league handily! I came in third to last!

(profile pic by datisi)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:35 am

Post by PokerFace »

So do we still get players wednesday morning or does that move to thursday morning because of the tuesday game?
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:39 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

My inclination is still Wednesday morning. The date for all waiver players right now if you try to pick one up is the Wednesday, which I think is what it always is.

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

outdated, see my next post
Last edited by D3f3nd3r on Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

(profile pic by datisi)
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:15 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

10 IR spots are all good and well but I would like to know how am I supposed to fix Dak Prescott?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:18 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I think the default for yahoo is first to last and thats what #1 is referring to. We use continual rolling list. so we are #2 and #3 wich says the same thing. #4 is for FAAB.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 361, BrightEyedFish wrote:10 IR spots are all good and well but I would like to know how am I supposed to fix Dak Prescott?
use LOTS of duct tape.

Also, pick up a new QB off of waivers.

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:49 pm

Post by PokerFace »

There are a couple good qbs out there in our league still. I recently decided to adopt the pooky strats and get 3 qbs because of josh allens value to my team and I needed someone with a late game in case I learned about a later cancelation
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:54 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Also you still have Stafford who is not bad and already had his bye so you could technically start him the rest of the year and never need another qb
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:11 am

Post by PokerFace »

Also I just noticed something off about Yahoo's settings. Everyone that is not on one of our league teams that does not play until tonight is now on waivers. So if anyone was planning on making a late game sub, you can't. Its suppose to be Gametime-tuesday but it looks like gametime being tuesday causes a bug for yahoo. oops

If the fish wanted to drop one of his lions who did not play for Ryan Tanehill to avoid all waiver priority since Ryan doesn't not play until tonight, the fish normally could but yahoo is saying NO
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:35 am

Post by PokerFace »

Also Nero I respect what you are doing for fantasy football since you are running league 2 and I don't have the time to do that, but your comment about Dak can kinda be seen as a bad since its a horrific injury. I am not a cowboys fan and generally unaffected, but it does suck. To some degree some of the things we said about flame axe should also be withdrawn. Your comment on the way's new use of the team to get a win after flame left was an indirect jab at flameaxe after he was already gone

Also you know that waiver by last place system we both don't like? Liking that priority system doesn't make you a 14 year old or immature. I am 36 and I am in another FF league where the average age is 31. And that is the league I am in where we have that bad last place gets first waiver priority system. And I really really really considered tanking in that league that week since 1/2 my team was out, but I still didn't since the guys in that league are my friends. I did all that I could and still took a loss in that league that week and potentially this week too due to a chunk of other players i lost because of denver vs ne. I ultimately didn't want to be a tanker and screw with my friends so I didn't do it.

Even though people like flameaxe do the bad things like drop all the players, I still value flameaxe as a friend and value what he has done for the mafiascum community. I did enjoy playing with flameaxe in mafia in the past and still steal from his mafiascum game rules when I run games. There is even part of me that regrets having flameaxe get replaced. In hindsight I'd rather we had encouraged him and helped him do better while keeping our current priority system. His team still had good players, he was just having an off year. He usually is quite good at fantasy football so I am sure he could have fixed that team with the right moves
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:42 am

Post by PokerFace »

No new positives. Tuesday football is on!
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:42 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

New email:

(profile pic by datisi)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by PokerFace »

The waivers still say 10/14 for me so they still need to fix that
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:06 pm

Post by PokerFace »

ok now thats^ fixed too
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:44 am

Post by PokerFace »

Well Bell just became the most wasted fantasy draft pick for this year. He has that title for 2 separate years now. I hope seattle picks him up because their rbs get unhealthy but ultimatly I will shop him and or ertz for just about anything. My team had no needs, now it has some
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:08 am

Post by PokerFace »

And no i dont consider barkley to have that title this year because injuries suck while bells issues are being cut and not playing at all for pit that year
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:33 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

If you think I'm making light of Daks injury then you are 100% wrong. I mean, fish asked how do we fix Dak. The obvious answer is just surgery and rest. If you don't see my "use duct tape!" as the obvious joke it was then...

If flameaxe can call me a cunt then I'm well within my rights to call him immature for rage quitting and then trying to cause harm to the league. I know that might be "controversial" since he apparently told Reck that he dropped his roster to be "helpful" but let me explain.

To begin with, dropping his roster just gives out a bunch of free wins and that alone affects the league in a negative way. And giving away a bunch of decent players also does that. The argument is that the two counterbalance but I don't really think that's true. If either New York team or Washington or fuck maybe even Dallas decided to rage quit the NFL and dump their roster in the middle of the season would it be ok? If not why is it ok for BBM to do so? but ok, even if we give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he actually believed that he was helping by doling out free wins and letting his roster be cannibalized. The fact that he picked up a bunch of defenses shows that that was not his true intent. What rostering a ton of defenses does is prevent teams from streaming. Also, it's just causing unnecessary drama. He is 100% in the wrong here and I'm not going to apologize for my harsh criticism of his actions. That said, I am not without empathy and I fully understand that one can do dumb things in the heat of the moment and maybe that's all it was. I mean maybe he's a cool guy and that's why you guys like him and are defending him but my first impression of him is pretty negative.
In post 367, PokerFace wrote:Your comment on the way's new use of the team to get a win after flame left was an indirect jab at flameaxe after he was already gone
Wasn't my intention but ok I can see that. It was more matter of factly they got a new owner that did change the QB and got a win.
In post 367, PokerFace wrote:Liking that priority system doesn't make you a 14 year old or immature.
those were not my words and it's a literal quote from someone else's website that I found humorous. If you want to make the argument that thats what I believe b/c I found it funny then ok. It's not but ok.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”