jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:03 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Because I need a good block of time to place people and I intend to do so at the weekend
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:04 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Gamma is in the pile of people I haven't formed an opinion on yet
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:06 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1342, Bell wrote:Mastina why are you so bad at reading me if you’re town?
If you're town--I've never played with you before and have absolutely zero gauge on what is town or scum from you, so rely on more generic standards, and by those standards, a lot of your play in the middle of your iso looks like scumplay and your early play if I had to give a gun-to-head reading of would've been scum (tho I admit that if given the option, your early play I'd categorize as null).

Admittedly, your most recent posting has thrown that into doubt because by those same generic standards, your more recent posting doesn't look like scum.

So I'm not quite sure where to sort you right now, and I'll fully own up to that. :P
Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:07 pm

Post by Morning Mage »

In post 1369, mastina wrote:
In post 1265, DrDolittle wrote:I don't like Mastina's intro - I'd hope her reads includes a bit more nuance than what is represented.
Oh they do, and since I kinda feel like uniting my townbloc and getting to the honing in/refining process by using them as sounding boards, I do need to give that more in-depth thorough readslist. Not today (I'm actually borderline-delirious right now, I dunno why but I feel lightheaded, kinda dizzy, in spite of being well-hydrated and well-rested and having stayed on top of taking vitamins and not being stomach-churningly hungry, so I'm not up to it in the moment), but I feel like I'm ~in the zone~, and just need some help from the towncore to perfect it.

The game feels close to locked, I just need to push it over the edge and will give the extended extensive version of the readslist when I am physically able to do so. (Hopefully, tomorrow, with luck at least.)
As scum, how easily do you find it faking this kind of fire to solve the game?

~Morning
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:10 pm

Post by mastina »

Titus
Nero Cain
Vecna
Menalque
jjh927
samantha97

TheGoldenParadox

superbowl9
Pickaxe Pete
Almost50

Ban Hydras

DiamondSentinel
April Ludgate

Bell
Christøpher

EchoVision
DrDolittle
(Morning Mage, NorwegianboyEE*, Tayl0r Swift*)

PlusJOYED

Gamma Emerald

Locktown, locktown-candidate, strong-town, town, tentative-town, dead-null, final three scum candidates, scumread, strong scumread.

Updated readslist.
I promise, when able to I will explain these as best as I can.
Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:13 pm

Post by Morning Mage »

In post 1366, mastina wrote:
In post 1229, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1061, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I see this is the coolkid wagon.
VOTE: Gamma Emerald
I don't highly scumread Gamma, but they haven't really towntold.
VOTE: Norwee
Opportunistic wagon hop on a likely town + disclaimer = scumtell. Discuss
I have an alternative take.
You're dead on the money on the opportunistic hop-on with the disclaimer being a scum indicator.

My thought is that it is an awkward attempt at forcing a bus on a scumbuddy tho.
This sort of makes me want to vote Norwe because it's a scummy look regardless of Gamma's alignment.
In post 1365, Bell wrote:I should probably clarify.

I came into this game like a shithead but have since played nothing like that but no budge means that mastina’s read itself is artificial.
are you sure you're not just letting her read of you cloud the way you perceive her? One bad read on you or not, I find that the player who goes this hard at trying to solve D1 is usually town. They might not always be right but i'm not sure that's what matters

i feel like BOP is something that should prolly be used further down the line from D1

Your reaction reminds me of forest fire nonetheless -- the part where.. idfk who it was sussed you for a while and how you responded to it
In post 1352, jjh927 wrote:
In post 1349, Bell wrote:As scum you wouldn’t gambit like this would you?
Don't think so

Can't see scum!me pulling a gambit day 1 of a large theme. Too much risk.
i believe it

~Morning
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:16 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1378, Morning Mage wrote:As scum, how easily do you find it faking this kind of fire to solve the game?
~Morning
Well let me put it this way.

Including alts of mine, I don't think I've ever faked it more than five times across what has to have been over 100 scumgames, maybe over 200 scumgames at this point.

That is to say. I vaguely think that, at some points in my mafiascum scum career on some accounts, maybe I managed to fake this gamesolving fire before, it seems like something I might've managed to have done before.

But in general?

By and large, generally speaking?

Those games, if they even exist, are the exception to the rule that, no, as scum, I don't really fake gamesolving fire*, because doing so would be incredibly hard for me to manage. (Heck, if I've done it before at all as scum, it probably involved a bus, because I legit don't think I could've done it while fingering exclusively town.)

*(Should be noted: multiball doesn't count, because as scum if I can genuinely scumhunt by searching for the other scumteam, I will have legit genuine gamesolving fire, but that goes basically without saying. In a singleball game, scumastina doesn't have that ability to fake a gamesolving fire.)

On a scale of 1-10 where 1 is "it's incredibly easy to fake a gamesolving fire" and 10 is "it's literally impossible to fake a gamesolving fire", this is a solid 9--not completely and entirely utterly impossible, but very close to.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:16 pm

Post by Bell »

She just answered that she is taking new play into account and accurately determined that I was playing like town just then.
So my claim is out of date.
Also, fairly reasonable explanation is fairly reasonable.
Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:21 pm

Post by Morning Mage »

Well i believe that jjh is ascetic, which scum could be. I've only ever seen an ascetic role once (it was town) though so I don't have a good grasp of the split.
In post 1321, Christøpher wrote:
In post 1320, Bell wrote:Are u just fake crapping on the hydra because it gives scum you something to do
I'm real crapping on them for spamming 50 pages
get a better hobby!
In post 1306, superbowl9 wrote:@bell
@samantha
@jjh
@Morning Mage
@Mastina

Can 3 of you hop on Gamma or if not explain why we should be wagoning someone else
ill get there..

pedit: Being incredibly invested in the game as town can be exhausting. but faking being a super invested townie as scum is ridiculously exhausting, at least for me

9/10 difficulty, very hard but not impossible, sounds just about right

pedit #2: ahhh oki

~Morning
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:36 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1256, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1236, NorwegianboyEE wrote:A50 my monkey man. Your rapid switch in stance on me feels very manufactured.
Why are you so worried? I am but only ONE vote on you. I need to convince ELEVEN more to get you eliminated.
I hate posts like this.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:41 pm

Post by Morning Mage »

In post 1281, DrDolittle wrote:the fact that flavor leaf hasn't claimed or done anything bombastic yet probably means he is town right?
I thought that was just something flavour does on a consistent basis to be honest

I feel like to understand DDL's alignment I'm going to need to figure out how strong the reasoning for the Gamma wagon is first. My snap reaction was that I kind of liked DDL's opening but I guess I can see why the Gamma defense is scummy if there really is a good enough reason for Gamma to be scum. Whiteknighting as scum can be fun, i dont know about doing him going against the grain on Gamma as partners though. I think if the reasoning for someone being scum is good, but one player for whatever reason just seems to know they're town (and they are actually town), that can be scummy

Like again with Gamma he doesn't strike me as terribly different from when I played with him in mini 2132 and forest fire, he had a lot of fluff to start out with, his posts were kinda short, he came under a lot of pressure constantly for whatever reason even though he was town both times
In post 1221, DiamondSentinel wrote:Edit: Nah. I've got Norway in a solid town slot, although I do admit I'm not sure they'll be a huge asset rn.
Any chance i could hear why?
In post 1212, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1196, PlusJOYED wrote:its not the readlist itself
it's that you talked to your other heads in thread to emulate a stream of consciousness. That seemed fake to me.
VOTE: ban hydras
In post 1198, DiamondSentinel wrote:Oh are we finally considering banning this clownslot? Yeet
VOTE: Ban Hydras
If this is just to remove a chaotic hydra I’d rather go with Morning Mage
Less helpful, less entertaining (MT is good but BM is bad in this regard, whilst all heads of Ban Hydras aregood in this sense), and actually seems scummy imo
sniff
(;﹏;)

~Morning
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:45 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Me being sussed as a teammate of Gamma is interesting. Scum setting up for the maximum bussing cred and scouting out the next mislim? Either way, makes me feel more comfortable about staying on the Gamma wagon.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:46 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

If Gamma is scum i think i might get a decent head start in this game.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:47 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

@PlusJoyed
I asked you why you think Gamma Emerald is town in an earlier post.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:51 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

@Nero Cain
Unvoting because of wagon speed is an common pitfall.

- Bunno
Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:53 pm

Post by Morning Mage »

In post 1177, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 1170, Menalque wrote:Hey superbowl, just wanted to give you a reminder that you thought every reason for town reading me was weak and that my votes have been poor and show a lack of scumhunting so that you can go through why that is for me
Shit i forgot about that thanks for the reminder
LOL
In post 1163, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 1157, Menalque wrote:
In post 1110, Ban Hydras wrote:If you don't have a solve by the time I've reached page 40 then you go down in my estimate from 'probably a good' to 'all smoke & ego - not worth listening to'. This is going to be interesting to see.
I know I’m late but how does (superbowl, plus, gamma, Taylor) sound as a starting point
are these just the people on your wagon?
In post 1165, Menalque wrote:Don’t worry about it
In post 1166, Menalque wrote:I’m a good boi
i love this game so far hahaha
In post 1147, Ban Hydras wrote:Which bit reads as genuine from Diamond's anger, I thought it felt kind of overblown. Maybe given he doesn't like the hydras specifically it might make a bit more sense as townmindset- is that what you were thinking?

-Blossom
It was really overblown but i dont think that makes him scum if that makes sense. I generally find (maybe irrational) emotion to be +town. There are some parts in Diamonds ISO that come off as exaggerated () but parts like read genuine enough to me

pedit: Norwe, I'm thinking about you as an alternative vote to Gamma, I don't really have a great grasp on associations especially early D1.

~Morning
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:56 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Why Morning?

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:58 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

You’re one of my townreads, so if i could engage with your reasoning of seeing me as a viable vote i’ll gladly do so.

- Bunno
Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:09 pm

Post by Morning Mage »

Superbowl, do you usually play jester-y as town? This is pretty much black and white compared to our last game together. That being said, you were scum in that one so
In post 1391, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Why Morning?
I'm considering the possibility Gamma is town because he gets wagoned like, a lot and I haven't noticed anything terribly different from what I'm used to from him. We miseliminated him in my very last game with him. Almost50 and DDL are also claiming Gamma both hasn't done his scumtell and is playing to his town meta -- and I am slightly inclined to agree just from what i know. But I dont know Gamma's scum meta so I am not really sure

Now for you specifically, your vote was kind of TMI, I guess. Not a lot other than that and I haven't townread you yet

I'm looking through your ISO to get a more satisfying answer and I'm not really pinged by anything. I actually pull the "Well there's nothing particularly town here yet, so I'll vote for pressure and to see what happens" quite a bit with my vote cause i dont get scumreads much.

i'm surprised im one of your townreads. i kind of felt this way earlier with regards to Mastina believing she has the game nearly on lock -- I haven't done anything i consider particularly AI for myself yet. Large themes be like that tho ig

~Morning
Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:20 pm

Post by Morning Mage »

In post 1021, superbowl9 wrote:Can morning tweet bring her batlings too samantha? Not sure which animals were allowed in
oh also, for the last time !! i dont have any pups !!!! (>﹏<)
In post 976, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 937, Morning Mage wrote:
Gamma Emerald wrote:okay I'm gonna stop after page 26, that's 2/3s through the game

I think Morning Mage should be limmed for multiple reasons
i am not impressed by them. "shoot the top posters", my partner "needs to exit the game poste-haste", the world's population is majority female, aaand i spent a post saying hi

anything I'm missing?

~Morning
Those last two parts were jokes (or at least not actual points). You seem a little hasty to discredit me, friend.
I added those to highlight how you didn't have any actual reasons -- im aware they were jokes dont worry (´・ω・`)
In post 998, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 992, Ban Hydras wrote:Gamma, what are the non-joke legitimate reasons you want Morning Mage dead?

~Buttercup
BM doesn’t seem to be genuinely sorting and is resorting to shade, they jumped on me trying to discredit my push by mixing in obvious joke points, and just want one of the most active slots dead and theirs is both the least town and the least entertaining of the most active players.
As for ignoring votes, can’t really engage Nero rn, and yours just seemed to be following A50, which while he called out a fair point, I think saying I should auto-die for it is kinda uncalled for. I had similar issues in AvP where I was town.

Btw there is one person I expect to at least read me well, if not right
lol maybe i should've started reading from here

Idk BM sounding shadey sometimes sounds normal to me. Also, was it really that confusing why I included the joke points? I was using them to discredit you but not by implying they were serious, I was implying they were all you had

Your case to scumread me is built off of my reaction to you not having a case to scumread me off of! That's gotta be a paradox of some kind

also im sad im being judged guilty based off of entertainment value :C

~Morning
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:30 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1338, jjh927 wrote:Anyway so I'm ascetic
hmm based on this subtle crumb i think i know at least one portion of jjh's role.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:32 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Oh it’s anti-town role crumbing from JJ.
So he’s most likely town.
(Or SK)

- Bunno
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:36 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1372, Bell wrote:Why? Besides there being less information to work with if wrong?
well the less information is the main thing, yeah? isnt that sufficient?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:39 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1394, Morning Mage wrote:also im sad im being judged guilty based off of entertainment value :C
Now you know how it feels.

- Bunno
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:43 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

i also have at least some experience with gamma and dont think that he should be automatically scumbinned based on his posts so far. can someone explain the gamma wagon to me though? i dont understand it beyond "he didnt do much yet". because that describes a lot of people at this stage. like why is gamma scum rather than just a bit slow to get his legs planted? i think theres enough reason for a pressure wagon there but people seem to be out for blood, and to me we are barely out of RVS and i dont understand the rush or why people are so confident scumreading gamma at this point.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”