Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:49 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1521, Nero Cain wrote:im counting a50 and SB. Even if they do win with the town I feel like anything that's not TOWN is scum. There are those that say that a 3p that can win with town aren't scum but I don't really buy into that philosophy.
Sure thing, buddy. Remember I said I'd agree to ANYTHING you say just to save myself the headache? You are absolutely on the right track. Carry on.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:50 am

Post by Menalque »

yeah, but he means he was picking up on like a hidden connection and extra info in your play, I kiiiind of don't disagree with his take if he has been pushing you both consistently
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:50 am

Post by Nero Cain »

but u r still 3p.

I mean, it ultimatly doesn't matter so lets selve the "is 3p scum?" talk and lynch the mafia, no?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Ban Hydras
Ban Hydras
Goon
Ban Hydras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:50 am

Post by Ban Hydras »

In post 1502, samantha97 wrote:
In post 1495, Titus wrote: The odds of that happenening are 1 in / 23 -2 (outed "3p masons") -1 (cop won't check themselves).
it's less than that because of the lynch too, and cops wouldn't operate in a vacuum where each person has an equal chance of being investigated

it also leaves room for an errant vigilante if there is one of those as well
The easy solution to this is for vigs/cops to work in the public masons POE.
In post 1509, Menalque wrote:
In post 1493, Ban Hydras wrote:Menalaque should know their take is terrible.
err, why?
Unless you're VERY confident on them being scum then eliminating them is objectivly dumb. If we vote one off then the next dies at night (and the last is possibly left unconfirmed depending on whether the hammer is a quickhammer or not) we used our vote to lose 2 confirmed town (and a 3 person masonary is likely going to be a material part of our prs).

If you are very confident on them being scum then hard push for them to reveal the third, then factor it in looking for interactions between the three of them to decide if they are all groupscum that claimed it rather than going 'I want to kill one now'. Sure, you didn't outright say you wanted to kill one right now so this could be your intention anyway, but it'd like you to spell out your thought process on it whether it is this or something else.

-Blossom
It takes a lot more than a couple of cheap shots to make us cry.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:51 am

Post by Menalque »

sure would be nice if we had a VC right about now
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:52 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Is there any reason why we can't know what the specific name of the 3P mason clique thing is?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Ban Hydras
Ban Hydras
Goon
Ban Hydras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:52 am

Post by Ban Hydras »

To clarify objectively bad, I mean weighing up the benefit of them if town vs the likelihood of them being town/scum.

-Blossom
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:52 am

Post by Nero Cain »

we'd need a mod and IDK where u buy those.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:52 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1530, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Is there any reason why we can't know what the specific name of the 3P mason clique thing is?
we do know. iso superbowl

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:53 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1528, Ban Hydras wrote:Unless you're VERY confident on them being scum then eliminating them is objectivly dumb. If we vote one off then the next dies at night (and the last is possibly left unconfirmed depending on whether the hammer is a quickhammer or not) we used our vote to lose 2 confirmed town (and a 3 person masonary is likely going to be a material part of our prs).

If you are very confident on them being scum then hard push for them to reveal the third, then factor it in looking for interactions between the three of them to decide if they are all groupscum that claimed it rather than going 'I want to kill one now'. Sure, you didn't outright say you wanted to kill one right now so this could be your intention anyway, but it'd like you to spell out your thought process on it whether it is this or something else.
it's more a question of I'm not sure I'm confident enough in them collectively town to let scum bring all 3 of them to lylo by the end of the game and then have to decide if they are scum fake claiming together or genuinely miller masons. I'm undecided where I'm coming down on the question, but I don't think it's a horrible take to say that resolving that ambiguity and forcing scum to kill there (and not on other PRs) is a good thing to do earlier rather than later UNLESS there is a high level of consensus that this is definitely town/town-aligned 3p
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:54 am

Post by Titus »

Requested a VC by PM
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Ban Hydras
Ban Hydras
Goon
Ban Hydras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:54 am

Post by Ban Hydras »

I should probably get back to excel now.
In post 1523, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1508, Ban Hydras wrote:Can you define the bloat part- is this something different to half of our stuff being jokes?
but yeah, no different. Being fluff always has and always will be seen as scummy. I'm far from the only one on this site that's going to find fluffiness scummy. Its kinda silly and fake sounding that someone would think your slot is scummy.
Can you rephrase the second sentence, it currently reads as 'it's fake sounding for someone to think BH is scummy' which I'm fairly sure isn't your view.

-Blossom
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:54 am

Post by Menalque »

nero are you still scumreading me

also, thanks Titus
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:55 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1504, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 1500, Nero Cain wrote:whats your role name in the pm?
GOLIATH GOUTHWITS HEALTH INTERNS
It's this? I thought that was a joke.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:56 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1533, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1530, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Is there any reason why we can't know what the specific name of the 3P mason clique thing is?
we do know. iso superbowl
For the lazy of us...
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Pickaxe Pete
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:56 am

Post by Pickaxe Pete »

In post 1520, Almost50 wrote:
GDI! We are TOTALLY unorganized, aren't we?? :lol:

Moving on.
Sounds legit?
Pickaxe Pete
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:57 am

Post by Pickaxe Pete »

In post 1540, Pickaxe Pete wrote:
In post 1520, Almost50 wrote:
GDI! We are TOTALLY unorganized, aren't we?? :lol:

Moving on.
Sounds legit?
Doesn't necessarily mean town-aligned though I guess.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:58 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1536, Ban Hydras wrote:Can you rephrase the second sentence, it currently reads as 'it's fake sounding for someone to think BH is scummy' which I'm fairly sure isn't your view.
im saying that its fake that you are acting like its so preposterous that someone would think your slot is scummy.

@ mena
sure man

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:00 am

Post by Nero Cain »

friendly reminder that vecna is scum still

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:01 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1542, Nero Cain wrote:@ mena sure man
*deep sigh*
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:01 am

Post by Menalque »

@skitter I really wish you were playing in this and not just spectating
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:02 am

Post by superbowl9 »

I already said it, but it doesn't really give you any info its just flavor
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:03 am

Post by Nero Cain »

like ok mena, wanting to hurry up and lynch Gamma just seems incredibly scummy to me. I mean, my gut reaction was that Gamma was scum and maybe he is but I don't see a good reason to end the day so quickly.

superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:05 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 1534, Menalque wrote:it's more a question of I'm not sure I'm confident enough in them collectively town to let scum bring all 3 of them to lylo by the end of the game and then have to decide if they are scum fake claiming together or genuinely miller masons. I'm undecided where I'm coming down on the question, but I don't think it's a horrible take to say that resolving that ambiguity and forcing scum to kill there (and not on other PRs) is a good thing to do earlier rather than later UNLESS there is a high level of consensus that this is definitely town/town-aligned 3p
I normally agree but waiting here makes sense from your thought process no? We have the time to wait until almost-Lylo, in which case if you still think all 3 of us are scum gambiting you can elim one of us and head to lylo with a conftown.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:06 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 1547, Nero Cain wrote:like ok mena, wanting to hurry up and lynch Gamma just seems incredibly scummy to me. I mean, my gut reaction was that Gamma was scum and maybe he is but I don't see a good reason to end the day so quickly.
Nero I normally agree but with this many players/days the value of continuing a clusterfuck day 1 is not really that high

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”