Newbie 2035 - Movie Facts (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:16 am

Post by Trendall »

In post 345, Zurel wrote:How willing are you to risk lynching the doctor?

Also, let's say Titus survives the day and she doesn't get killed this night. Does it mean she can be said to be almost 100% scum?
Nah because if you thought they would be almost 100% scum off the back of that, then that leaves mafia the easy option of just not nightkilling them so that they get almost 100% lynched tomorrow.

I actually don't think I like the doctor very much, it seems to me that if the doctor saves somebody then that's just like...an extra player to deal with, I'd rather nobody got saved and I got the information from what the death flips as instead. They can protect a cop or tracker I guess, so if this is a real doctor and then the other power role gets killed tonight by mafia or something, then like...whoops I guess.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:16 am

Post by Trendall »

In post 348, Titus wrote:Would it matter at all the fact that I just creamed him as scum so he has a revenge motive to lie?
Does he think that though, or is this something that just matters to you? Like could you quote something of his you feel shows he got affected by it?
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:17 am

Post by Trendall »

He would have the same 'revenge motive' as town, no?
Zurel
Zurel
Goon
Zurel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:20 am

Post by Zurel »

Trendall, why are you siding so much with Norway? Before Titus L-1'ed him, weren't you suspicious of him?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:20 am

Post by Titus »

In post 351, Trendall wrote:
In post 348, Titus wrote:Would it matter at all the fact that I just creamed him as scum so he has a revenge motive to lie?
Does he think that though, or is this something that just matters to you? Like could you quote something of his you feel shows he got affected by it?
In post 352, Trendall wrote:He would have the same 'revenge motive' as town, no?
Yes. In Manatee's mafia, I was scum against TL and NorwegianboyEE. NorwegianboyEE thought he had me as scum, but we (the thread) convinced him that he was wrong and he wound up self hammering in a state of confusion. My partner and I won that game.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Zurel
Zurel
Goon
Zurel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:21 am

Post by Zurel »

In post 350, Trendall wrote: I actually don't think I like the doctor very much, it seems to me that if the doctor saves somebody then that's just like...an extra player to deal with, I'd rather nobody got saved and I got the information from what the death flips as instead. They can protect a cop or tracker I guess, so if this is a real doctor and then the other power role gets killed tonight by mafia or something, then like...whoops I guess.
So is the short answer is yes, you're willing to lynch the doctor?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:22 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

So either the doctor claim is designed to out town PR’s before Titus goes down or it’s real.
Haven’t read much after the claim yet. Will when i get back home.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:23 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Btw what’s this revenge shit? I don’t carry grudges across games.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:24 am

Post by Titus »

In post 357, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Btw what’s this revenge shit? I don’t carry grudges across games.
Yes. This is absolutely revenge and/or scum shit.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

AuroraDash
AuroraDash
Townie
AuroraDash
Townie
Townie

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:24 am

Post by AuroraDash »

Trendall wrote:I've not played this setup before, so I guess that if somebody has drawn either Jailkeeper, Friendly Neighbour or Mason, they know that that's not true.
I think this is a good approach. Looking at the table of possible setup variations, there's a high probability that
if
it's a fake claim,
then
there will be at least one town power role present who knows that for certain. (I think this'll work in any version of the setup except 1C, which is two vanilla mafia vs. cop). What this means is that we're highly likely to find out if it's fake pretty soon, so I think we should hold off on hammering until then.

Anyway, I'm about to head off, so, in the interests of caution, I am going to UNVOTE: until I get back to the game tomorrow.
AuroraDash
AuroraDash
Townie
AuroraDash
Townie
Townie

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:25 am

Post by AuroraDash »

(Note: Got distracted partway through writing that so I missed like a page of stuff)
Zurel
Zurel
Goon
Zurel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:26 am

Post by Zurel »

In post 354, Titus wrote:
In post 351, Trendall wrote:
In post 352, Trendall wrote:He would have the same 'revenge motive' as town, no?
Yes. In Manatee's mafia, I was scum against TL and NorwegianboyEE. NorwegianboyEE thought he had me as scum, but we (the thread) convinced him that he was wrong and he wound up self hammering in a state of confusion. My partner and I won that game.
No, I don't like the sound of this at all. I'm therefore not convinced and my vote stays.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:27 am

Post by Trendall »

In post 353, Zurel wrote:Trendall, why are you siding so much with Norway? Before Titus L-1'ed him, weren't you suspicious of him?
I'm not, I just think that Titus is mafia. The argument, which I brought up first in post #179, is that Titus presented a meta-argument when they don't believe in meta-arguments themselves, and the only alignment that has a real motivation for presenting arguments using constructs they don't think are valuable is mafia. I'm in the helpless position where NorwegianboyEE also happens to think that Titus is mafia through a combination of their own reasoning and their agreeing with my point.

I was suspicious of Titus right at the start of the game where there is very little to go off, and now that there has been a lot more conversation I'm going off different and more information and now have different reads, I don't think that's unreasonable.

I don't care very much about L-1 stuff as evidenced by the fact that I put somebody at L-1 myself near the start of the game without even being aware that I did it until later on.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:27 am

Post by Trendall »

In post 362, Trendall wrote:I was suspicious of Titus right at the start of the game
Sorry, NorwegianboyEE, not Titus
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:28 am

Post by Titus »

Well, if you're really unconvinced, at least give me until Monday to find EE's partner as I am VLA today.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Zurel
Zurel
Goon
Zurel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:29 am

Post by Zurel »

In post 359, AuroraDash wrote:
Trendall wrote:I've not played this setup before, so I guess that if somebody has drawn either Jailkeeper, Friendly Neighbour or Mason, they know that that's not true.
I think this is a good approach. Looking at the table of possible setup variations, there's a high probability that
if
it's a fake claim,
then
there will be at least one town power role present who knows that for certain. (I think this'll work in any version of the setup except 1C, which is two vanilla mafia vs. cop). What this means is that we're highly likely to find out if it's fake pretty soon, so I think we should hold off on hammering until then.
Stating the obvious and using it as an excuse to buy time seems scummy to me, but what do I know.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:30 am

Post by Titus »

In post 365, Zurel wrote:
if
it's a fake claim,
then
Stating the obvious and using it as an excuse to buy time seems scummy to me, but what do I know.
If AD is scum, it's a pretty effective whiteknight. Of course, it could be a good cop bad cop thing.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:33 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 325, Salsabil Faria wrote:
If you are the
doctor
, then NorwegianboyEE is the
scum
Things don’t work that way though.

- Bunno
Zurel
Zurel
Goon
Zurel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:34 am

Post by Zurel »

In post 366, Titus wrote:
if
it's a fake claim,
then
If AD is scum, it's a pretty effective whiteknight. Of course, it could be a good cop bad cop thing.
What do you mean by good cop bad cop here?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:36 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 331, Titus wrote:
In post 323, Titus wrote:I see there's intent to hammer even if someone said not to. So it's claim time.

I am the doctor.
If you are the
doctor
scum
. Now the question is,
who is telleing the TRUTH??

Also, I find your arguments weak in compare to NorwegianboyEE's arguments.
That's because mine are in good faith and not rehearsed.

VLA today. It's Saturday and I normally play DnD with my friends. I may pop on intermittently.
Your arguments for why i’m scum are some of the worst i’ve ever seen and if i was tunneling someone with that as my basis i would feel ashamed.

- Bunno
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:39 am

Post by Titus »

In post 368, Zurel wrote:
In post 366, Titus wrote:
if
it's a fake claim,
then
What do you mean by good cop bad cop here?
One scum (Norway) treats everything I say as bad.
The other scum (AD) treats things I say as possibly good. The idea is to crack the target into saying things they otherwise wouldn't.

It's commonly used by police.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:39 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 334, Titus wrote:
In post 176, Titus wrote:
In post 165, Zurel wrote:Well, all right then.

Actually Titus, can you explain why did you scumread Norway? I can't follow the reasoning, sorry.
In post 23, Titus wrote:
In post 21, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 19, Town looter wrote:VOTE: Titus AND VOTE: Norway

You know why.
Why?
My guess is Manatee's mafia.
You said you believed this person to be mafia because he was a mafia in a prior game. I would understand you voting him because of his meta or something. Yet you voted Norway instead, with a reasoning that I cannot see. If you would explain why, that would be nice, thank you.
I was guessing the reason behind Looter's RVS post in the post you quoted.

I originally voted Norway for his only scum deal in absolutes post. That itself is an absolute. That combined with his LAMIST post for defending lynchbait left me confident enough to vote. (LAMIST stands for look at me I am so town.)

Norway then shading me for voting L minus 1 during my catchup and getting all defensive leave me confident enough to vote there.
Norway has continued to be defensive and paint every response as bad. There's no substance to his posts. He townreads everyone who agrees with him. His scumreads, minus me, are just those who haven't posted.

He has zero desire to sort out if he's being buddied or not because he doesn't have to as scum. Notice the totak lack of paranoia at how fast I get run up.

This is either a) scum wagoning a threat or b) a revenge wagon for me fooling him before. I strongly think a due to a lack of sorting or really discussing the motivations of anyone else.
Will disprove all these points when i’m not posting from mobile^

- Bunno
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:40 am

Post by Trendall »

Well, I just checked the graveyard chat for Manatee's Mafia. And, as NorwegianboyEE says, it's mostly just them screaming that Titus is scum.

Which to me is like, the opposite of you 'creaming someone' as scum. If you had won and he'd had no idea whatsoever that you were mafia and thought you were town at the end of the game, then sure, but that didn't happen.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:41 am

Post by Titus »

In post 369, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 331, Titus wrote:
In post 323, Titus wrote:I see there's intent to hammer even if someone said not to. So it's claim time.

I am the doctor.
If you are the
doctor
scum
. Now the question is,
who is telleing the TRUTH??

Also, I find your arguments weak in compare to NorwegianboyEE's arguments.
That's because mine are in good faith and not rehearsed.

VLA today. It's Saturday and I normally play DnD with my friends. I may pop on intermittently.
Your arguments for why i’m scum are some of the worst i’ve ever seen and if i was tunneling someone with that as my basis i would feel ashamed.
This is what I am talking about. There's no consideration of me being town. It's all bad scum, you suck.

This is why regardless of alignment, this is revenge. NorwegianboyEE wants me to know just how little he thinks about this so he can justify it.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:42 am

Post by Titus »

In post 372, Trendall wrote:
Well, I just checked the graveyard chat for Manatee's Mafia. And, as NorwegianboyEE says, it's mostly just them screaming that Titus is scum.

Which to me is like, the opposite of you 'creaming someone' as scum. If you had won and he'd had no idea whatsoever that you were mafia and thought you were town at the end of the game, then sure, but that didn't happen.
Semantics. He's screaming from dead chat after I got him to self hammer about how I am scum. That's my definition of creaming.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”