NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:06 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Were you making a joke? Sorry, not my type of humor i guess.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:10 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 450, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Were you making a joke? Sorry, not my type of humor i guess.
Haha, that's what I love about Scandinavians, this is either a genuine reaction or a top class burn, and you will never know which.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:11 pm

Post by Town looter »

Anyway, im going to bed. You chaps enjoy the rest of your morning.
signature
Zurel
Zurel
Goon
Zurel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:12 pm

Post by Zurel »

Can someone vote themselves here?
Zurel
Zurel
Goon
Zurel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:12 pm

Post by Zurel »

Not that I want to vote myself. I just want to know.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:14 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 453, Zurel wrote:Can someone vote themselves here?
Yeah voting yourself is valid, you shouldn't ever do it unless you're scum and accept your own elimination though.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:21 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 451, Town looter wrote:
In post 450, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Were you making a joke? Sorry, not my type of humor i guess.
Haha, that's what I love about Scandinavians, this is either a genuine reaction or a top class burn, and you will never know which.
I’ll keep up that appearance by never clarifying what i meant.

- Bunno
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:22 am

Post by Trendall »

NorwegianboyEE did indeed vote for themselves as town in the manatee mafia but I really don't think it's a big deal.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:25 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Do as i say not as i do.

- Bunno
Zurel
Zurel
Goon
Zurel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:30 am

Post by Zurel »

Do people here often bring up prior games?

Also can we talk at Night here?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:33 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 459, Zurel wrote:Do people here often bring up prior games?
Some people do and some people don't. I'd say it happens often but some people get really mad when it's brought up because they think meta is bad. It's a bit of an polarizing issue.
In post 459, Zurel wrote:Also can we talk at Night here?
This thread get's locked during night, but you can always talk in your PT.

- Bunno
Zurel
Zurel
Goon
Zurel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:45 am

Post by Zurel »

In post 460, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 459, Zurel wrote:Also can we talk at Night here?
This thread get's locked during night, but you can always talk in your PT.
For newbie games, can masons talk in their PT at Night, too? Or is that something that's not fixed and determined by the mod?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:47 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 2, brassherald wrote:You are a Town Mason.

You know that PLAYER NAME is Town-aligned. You also share a Private Thread (PT), located here,
where you may talk at any time

- Bunno
Zurel
Zurel
Goon
Zurel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:49 am

Post by Zurel »

Wow, I did NOT read that.

Thanks.
AuroraDash
AuroraDash
Townie
AuroraDash
Townie
Townie

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:29 am

Post by AuroraDash »

I plan to write a longer analysis post once I've had another look through your posts, Zurel, and compiled my thoughts on them and on the past couple days' worth of material in general, but for now:
In post 17, Zurel wrote:Thanks. I'll see what I'm going to do once I get a hang of the game.
So for this random stage, is it necessary for us to get someone eliminated? Also, can someone refrain from voting? Because they're pacifist maybe.
While every other question makes sense coming from somebody familiar with Mafia but not with this forum's particular flavour of it, this one from way near the beginning stands out as a bit off to me. Do you remember what you meant by "Because they're pacifist maybe"? I don't think pacifism is a thing in Mafia, or at least it certainly isn't in newbie setups. Without that context, this post kinda speaks to a misunderstanding of the basics of the game rather than unfamilairity with the conventions of the forum -- implying that you're faking it. Might be reading too deep into that, idk, it's just bothering me.
AuroraDash
AuroraDash
Townie
AuroraDash
Townie
Townie

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:34 am

Post by AuroraDash »

Anyway -- while knowing that Zurel isn't as clueless as we originally thought does change the way I look at several of those old posts, I don't think Titus + Zurel makes much sense as a team right now.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:50 am

Post by brassherald »

Movie Fact: In Titanic, James Cameron Drew that charcoal of naked Kate Winslet.

Votecount 1.04
Titus (4):
, , ,
NorwegianboyEE (1):

Not Voting (4):
Salsabil Faria, wiyvern, ,

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to eliminate.
The Day 1 will end in (expired on 2020-10-25 09:30:00)
Last edited by brassherald on Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Zurel
Zurel
Goon
Zurel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:04 am

Post by Zurel »

In post 464, AuroraDash wrote:I plan to write a longer analysis post once I've had another look through your posts, Zurel, and compiled my thoughts on them and on the past couple days' worth of material in general, but for now:
In post 17, Zurel wrote:Thanks. I'll see what I'm going to do once I get a hang of the game.
So for this random stage, is it necessary for us to get someone eliminated? Also, can someone refrain from voting? Because they're pacifist maybe.
While every other question makes sense coming from somebody familiar with Mafia but not with this forum's particular flavour of it, this one from way near the beginning stands out as a bit off to me. Do you remember what you meant by "Because they're pacifist maybe"? I don't think pacifism is a thing in Mafia, or at least it certainly isn't in newbie setups. Without that context, this post kinda speaks to a misunderstanding of the basics of the game rather than unfamilairity with the conventions of the forum -- implying that you're faking it. Might be reading too deep into that, idk, it's just bothering me.
Because I used to be against lynching on the first Day. However, back where I played, the Day phases were extremely short. Only 24 hours, and then much later they updated it to 48 hours. I had never played in a phase that went on for 10 literal days, so I found it hard to imagine what people did during such a long duration. I think I just just said pacifist either as a joke or because I would like to know if there was any reason someone did not want to vote on Day 1.

Now I'm all for lynching because I can't handle the loss of 10 days doing nothing.
AuroraDash
AuroraDash
Townie
AuroraDash
Townie
Townie

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:07 am

Post by AuroraDash »

In post 13, Zurel wrote:If I die early, can I put my name in the next newbie game sign-up? Or can I already do that now?

Because I used to be against lynching on the first Day. However, back where I played, the Day phases were extremely short. Only 24 hours, and then much later they updated it to 48 hours. I had never played in a phase that went on for 10 literal days, so I found it hard to imagine what people did during such a long duration. I think I just just said pacifist either as a joke or because I would like to know if there was any reason someone did not want to vote on Day 1.
Alright, that's fair enough.
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:38 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 410, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 402, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 367, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 325, Salsabil Faria wrote:
If you are the
doctor
, then NorwegianboyEE is the
scum
Things don’t work that way though.
What I meant there was, one of you is lying. So, if Titus says the truth about her role, then you're the scum here. On the other hand, it's vise versa, you're telling truth, so, Titus fake claimed.
That’s what i don’t like about your post. As i know i am town, if Titus is confirmed town it still doesn’t change the fact that it could be TvT. Not saying it necesarilly is as i still don’t trust Titus at all. But pushing the narrative that i HAVE to be scum if Titus isn’t is very suspicious.
It seems like everything is very suspicious for you, but whatever, I feel either Titus or you is lying, so I strongly feel that one of you is town and the other one is mafia.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:45 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 469, Salsabil Faria wrote:It seems like everything is very suspicious for you, but whatever
Replying like that is also suspicious. ;)

- Bunno
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:55 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 433, Trendall wrote:
In post 414, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Trendall, while we wait for someone to hammer or Titus to return.
Who's your reads on scum if Titus was town. And who do you think would be likely teammate to Titus if they are scum?
1. You guys all went around saying ‘Zurel asked a question so they’re town’, so nowadays later on in the game
Salsabil Faria is asking questions like ‘can there be three mafia?’
to make themselves look more town or something.

2. NorwgianboyEE post 410 looks really bad because new players do this stuff all the time. Again it’s so arbitrary like…Zurel did a thing that wasn’t indicative of alignment whatsoever and gets a townread for it on the basis that it’s ‘genuine noobiness’ even though they were literally not even a new player (aahaha), but when Salsabil Faria makes an actual very common newbie error, they are ‘sus’.

4. Nobody had any good reason to think Zurel was town from those questions at the start of the game, as you all now know. Because you were all like ‘that’s a genuine newbie asking genuine newbie questions and I'd know because I've played this game before' and you were all wrong and it wasn't even a newbie lol so...
Thank you for brought these points up here. I cut the points 3 & 5 because it's not relevant to my answer.
For 1st point here, I asked the question (green marked) because initially, Zurel's statements seemed genuine noob but when the conversations/arguments increasing, Zurel's statements seemed more like an experienced player to me (I wanted to ask if Zurel play the mafia game before but NorwegianboyEE asked the question already), then our mod updated the vote count and I saw there Titus has 3 votes against are and the voters are Zurel, NorwegianboyEE and Trendall. As the mod can change the game set up, so I thought if 3 mafias were a possibility or not.
For 2nd and 4th point, I totally agree with you specially point 2 is very hillarious :lol:
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:00 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 435, Zurel wrote:
In my defense, it would have been easier for me to continue pretending ignorance and let those who believed I was a noob plus town to read me so. I would have flown under the radar, at least for this phase, and if I was scum lynching town that would have been good job me.
When I made a comment against going after Salsabil, I was fully aware that someone might realise that I was not actually a noob.
But I decided not to play it safe anymore.
sounds like you get caught, so you decide to agree to save your own skin
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:06 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 470, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 469, Salsabil Faria wrote:It seems like everything is very suspicious for you, but whatever
Replying like that is also suspicious. ;)
doesn't matter to me :roll:
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:08 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »