Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:28 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 893, egotisi wrote:
In post 878, MURDERCAT wrote:I posted a case on BM. Can people please either engage with it or make a new case?

Uh yeah, one thing that really struck out was
In post 823, MURDERCAT wrote:593 feels like a sheep of Isis and to be honest I don't see it
In post 596, MURDERCAT wrote:I like BM's recent posts
What made you change your mind here?

Also, having too many scum reads isn't a case for being scum. Having too many null reads is the shitty fence-sitting position.

-ego
Good posting. Do you think it's likely that Murdercat ISO'd me, and decided he'd quite like to have someone to target to look like he was scumhunting and just tried to construe everything I did as being scummy, when in fact it wasn't?
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:28 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 898, Battle Mage wrote:A. A proper rebuttal to my dismantling of his case.
I'm fine with people thinking my case is weak, but if people really agree with this I don't know what to tell you.
In post 898, Battle Mage wrote:In short, I think if Murdercat is town, this is a pretty lazy effort. Doing 1 ISO, and then just tunnelling that slot
This just isn't a representation of what is happening at the moment. I read multiple isos as you can see in my iso and by the fact I waited 45 minutes to post about you after saying I was deciding where to push.

If you think it's possible I play this way as town, why don't you go check?
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:29 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

I think it's telling that BM is suddenly active now that there is actually some pressure on his slot.
GTKAMURDERCAT

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:29 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 895, MURDERCAT wrote:About , I am referring to "i would flip egotisi today." which feels very strange considering you pushed so hard on Tayl0r
I mean, I'd just come back to the game after not reading/posting for a bit. And if you've seen me play before you'll know I'm a pragmatist who is ultimately willing to forgo my favoured-elim at the drop of a hat in the interest of reaching a consensus. "would flip" does not imply that would be my preference, more that I'd be fine with it as a compromise.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:30 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Ok BM tell me then who are you actually town reading?
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:31 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

I'm going to be gone for a few hours but I'll be back to respond
GTKAMURDERCAT

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:31 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 902, MURDERCAT wrote:I think it's telling that BM is suddenly active now that there is actually some pressure on his slot.
lol dude gimme a break, I took some time out of the game because I was becoming emotionally affected by some of the comments. Using that as an argument I'm scum to bolster your broken case is poor form. And no offence, but I think your case is having the opposite effect than you intended.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:34 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

actually I think I'd rather not go bm or murdercat today either after some more thought.
Murder, I can tell your pretty antsy and that feels genuine, and fail to see why you'd feel antsy as scum.
I disagree with you moving around but I think your town.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:37 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 901, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 898, Battle Mage wrote:A. A proper rebuttal to my dismantling of his case.
I'm fine with people thinking my case is weak, but if people really agree with this I don't know what to tell you.
I read every single one of your posts - you didn't give a proper rebuttal. Either admit I'm right, or show me where you did?
In post 901, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 898, Battle Mage wrote:In short, I think if Murdercat is town, this is a pretty lazy effort. Doing 1 ISO, and then just tunnelling that slot
This just isn't a representation of what is happening at the moment. I read multiple isos as you can see in my iso and by the fact I waited 45 minutes to post about you after saying I was deciding where to push.

If you think it's possible I play this way as town, why don't you go check?
...I'm not going to read anything into the timing between your posts. I'll rephrase on the ISO point though - I think you saw my ISO and thought I'd be an easy target to pick on, and when you found the case didn't stack up, you went with it anyway. See, the reality is that your case is very weak for this stage of a game and the fact you haven't even tried to defend it when I made that point, suggests to me that you know that to be true. My question is - would Murdercat be more likely to pursue a town-player with a knowingly bad case as town or scum?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:38 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 880, Noraa wrote:I made a case on plus and you haven't engaged with it much. I already told you what I think of BM. BM will not be the lim today since literally only 2 people think he's scum. Wait no sorry 3. But like Taylor's whole case is OMGUSy asf and Taylor's not being her town self this game anyways.
my case on you is based on meta. my vote is on you. idrc about the BM wagon, i think we can do better. im not leading that wagon anyway. weird shade on that wagon considering im not even voting it. what do you think of murdercat's case noraa?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:39 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 844, MURDERCAT wrote:Also, something not clear in the BM iso is that me and others (xof I think) tried to get more info out of BM about the taylor read and he didn't engage, which I feel like he definitely would have if it was a real death tunnel
that's fair, I was pretty demotivated. I may go back and have a look!
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:41 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 909, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 880, Noraa wrote:I made a case on plus and you haven't engaged with it much. I already told you what I think of BM. BM will not be the lim today since literally only 2 people think he's scum. Wait no sorry 3. But like Taylor's whole case is OMGUSy asf and Taylor's not being her town self this game anyways.
my case on you is based on meta. my vote is on you. idrc about the BM wagon, i think we can do better. im not leading that wagon anyway. weird shade on that wagon considering im not even voting it. what do you think of murdercat's case noraa?
I don't normally respond to other people's questions, but I'm interested in why you're asking Noraa about Murdercat's case, after she's already been asked that same question twice and answered promptly? Are you hoping for a different answer?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:43 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 884, MURDERCAT wrote: is tayl0r's best post, let's analyze it. What do you see plus? What do you see Noraa?
actually i think was my best post, but i completely forgot to follow up on it.
is also very good.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:44 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 892, MURDERCAT wrote:I saw it BM, it mostly boils down to "No I didn't drop taylor" (despite you not voting there)

"I don't think the thing you think is scummy is scummy"

593 happened independently, which I can't confirm or deny
That's not the post of somebody who actually read my response with his solving hat on. :facepalm:

Given other people have also been fairly uninterested in your case, and highlighted it's logical weaknesses, what does that make you think of them? Are you still keen to tunnel me, or do you have observations on the wider pool?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:47 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 652, Tayl0r Swift wrote:i dont even noraa is upset with. its always "you" but im a "you." is noraa upset with me?

also:
I scumread X player and am not going to say why due to the ongoing games rule

apparently ^ is fine, so pls townread me.
i think some people mistook this post as me stating a scumread on xofelf, since people have started referring to xofelf as x. i do scumread xofelf, but this post was a shitpost because isis said its fine to say "I scumread X player and am not going to say why due to the ongoing games rule," where 'X player' is a stand-in. X in this context is a variable. while i appreciate that ive caused some mayhem with my shitpost, i think its causing a bit too much confusion at this point.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:54 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 825, Isis wrote:Much of my thinking was that his read progressions don't make sense and the way he is mentioning reads doesn't fit well into pushing a player he wants to flip and trying to get other people to vote that person too, or being suspicious of someone and asking questions of that person to figure them out. It's a lot of tossing and changing places for no reason.

Generally when he articulates reasons they make sense, but it doesn't make sense that he is where his.

Like even if you spot him good faith on whatever excuse he is going to say about Datisi, why would he say, "I would be happy flipping egotisi today" while voting me and not seeming to scumread me any less than that scumleany reason he came up with? Shouldn't you be unhappy if you don't get your first choice?

Positioning is what I had in mind.
I kind of agree that Exorcists is bleeding obvtown though, whether that is scummy would just be paranoia over whether the weird timing of it was "I just reread some isos and Exorcists' obvtown iso is screamy" or "my partners pointed out/I realized I'm not townreading many people and Exorcists probably isn't getting voted out anyways" but I don't know how you'd pick one of those over the other.
Swift and Battle mage probably aren't both scum, and Swift doesn't look great either though?
On the dichotomy between pushing 1 slot hard, and having other reads, I'd say a couple things. One, there is a timing difference here - read progressions may vary a bit when a lot of time has passed and more stuff has happened. Two, having a preferred elim and multiple scumreads are not mutually exclusive. Otherwise, I can buy your argument - this hasn't exactly been exemplary townplay from me, at least in part because I haven't been here. I'm not sure we've played together before, but worth noting I'm pretty flexible by nature. Clearly I was unhappy at not getting my first choice - if you hadn't clocked that from my early posting, I don't know what to tell ya (shout out Murdercat). But I understand mafia is sometimes a game of compromise.

I'm offended that you think I would take advice from scumbuddies on how to do the very basics of playing the game. Do you really think it's equally likely that I arbitrarily felt I needed 1 townread to make myself look townie, versus I just read some ISOs and found 1 player who i felt was legitimately townie. It feels like, in good faith, the latter is more likely than the former.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:55 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 851, PlusJOYED wrote:
In post 657, egotisi wrote:anyway. lemme skim some iso's.

i originally voted for canadian because posts like and were giving me a distinct gut-scummy vibe of "i am posting things to appear active and/or helpful while not actually doing anything" (which was a mistake i made in a scumgame semi-recently which stuck to me) and i wanted to see if that would continue. it did not. i've already said why i disliked . the read on isis is, in a vacuum, *fine*. the rest of it is like, meh. i wanna see what he brings out once he returns.

xof i still think could be the easy and correct answer for scum, but my other head is telling me they're low-hanging-fruit. i think i'm interested in their read on gamma though, seems like there's meta there.

i've already spoken a bit about jewels in / and like... norwee is giving me the same vibes he did when i was playing scum against him. like, the closest he has to a read is , which like. it's bad. granted, i don't know how to read gamma, but nothing he's done or posted so far is like, jumping out at me or saying ~town~, so.

my current hot take: VOTE: jewel barons

-tisi
this is really lazy but
this guy has a way talking and thinking that makes me feel safe and that he's town naturally.
I'm setting up a townblock with me, exorcist, egotisi and isis. I trust their judgment.
I really like that townblock. Suggest you swap me and Isis, and I can actually roll with that.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:57 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 827, MURDERCAT wrote:I feel like we are at different places because I am struggling to find townies. Who are your top 3?
I believe you accused me of being scum for not having enough townreads. This is not a good look!

I'm going to largely sheep Plus's townblock: Exorcists, Plus, Egotisi (entirely based on his most recent post where he defended me when it made no sense for him to do so as scum).

At the very least, I can buy genuine solving from all 3.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:00 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 868, PlusJOYED wrote: BM's tunnel on taylor is either him being a dick or trolling.
Oi. I'll sheep your reads, but on a personal level - don't be a jerk to me, thanks. :igmeou:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:01 am

Post by brassherald »

Random Canadian has requested replacement will begin the search now.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:02 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 850, brassherald wrote:

Votecount 1.05
Noraa (4):
, , ,
PlusJOYED (2):
Tayl0r Swift (2):
Battle Mage (1):

Isis (1):

Jewel Barons (1):

Not Voting (2):
xofelf,

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to eliminate.
Day 1 will end in (expired on 2020-10-23 13:00:00)
I'm not excited by a Noraa or Plus flip, so I'm sticking Taylor as the next biggest wagon. All aboard!
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:06 am

Post by Battle Mage »

I hadn't realised the chronology before, but Murdercat's case on me came immediately after Isis told him that she thought I was the scummiest player. So it does feel more opportunistic and seizing on a potential change in momentum. Slightly more scumpoints for Murdercat, and lower likelihood of Murdercat-Isis scumteam. There is a question of why Murdercat-scum is so antsy here. Is he scum with Noraa and trying to protect her? or perhaps just impatient to get a mis-elim?
In post 807, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 797, Isis wrote:My mind might change as I finish this catchup but I think the scummiest active player left to me is Battle Mage
That one comment BM made about how I assuming one of him/tayl0r was scum is still pinging me and I can't shake it
In post 820, MURDERCAT wrote:I think people asked me for reads. Right now I'm looking at something like {xofelf, Narwhal, BM} for SRs. Not my only possible solves, but these are people I'm looking at.

There's posts from all of them that ping scummy to me, but there's some poe as well.

UNVOTE:

still thinking about where to push and how.
In post 823, MURDERCAT wrote:Ok I'm going to case Battle Mage.

misinterps Tayl0r as I pointed out at the time. I think this comes from a fast read of the post looking for something to poke at more often than it comes from town who I think would genuinely read it.

feels realllllly weak to me still along with

I think all the defeated language around is fake

is totally inconsistent with the push on Tayl0r which obviously lost steam.

feels like a sheep of Isis and to be honest I don't see it

Including BM just has way too many scum reads and not enough town reads. What really sticks out is how it feels like the Tayl0r push just got totally dropped and Tayl0r did nothing to deserve it being dropped if it was a genuine read.

VOTE: Battle Mage
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:06 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 902, MURDERCAT wrote:I think it's telling that BM is suddenly active now that there is actually some pressure on his slot.
I dont really think there's much pressure on him honestly speaking. I have the largest wagon rn for the shittiest reasons ever but nonetheless still the biggest wagon.
In post 911, Battle Mage wrote:
I don't normally respond to other people's questions, but I'm interested in why you're asking Noraa about Murdercat's case, after she's already been asked that same question twice and answered promptly? Are you hoping for a different answer?
someone that actually pays any attention in this game seems kinda rare ngl :D
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:08 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 778, Noraa wrote:If Murder is town, he's a blessing cuz his reads r pretty good. if he's not ... :/ that's bad
guess he must be scum here then, as no good read :o
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:11 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 922, Noraa wrote:
I dont really think there's much pressure on him honestly speaking. I have the largest wagon rn for the shittiest reasons ever but nonetheless still the biggest wagon.
I agree, I think there's more pressure on murdercat than me. I'm not sold on your wagon either - you should join me on Taylor! I may even case her shortly.
In post 922, Noraa wrote:
In post 911, Battle Mage wrote:
someone that actually pays any attention in this game seems kinda rare ngl :D
it certainly isnt me! :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Open Games”