fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:16 am

Post by Noraa »

I dont have any reasons for Taylor to be scum besides this isnt her normal town game and I'm not willing to use such a trash reason as some people here are using on me.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:16 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 964, Battle Mage wrote: You don't think this discussion is helpful? I disagree. And there's lots to be learnt by how people address a case on them. It's forum mafia - what we say and how we say it is all important data right? I guess we disagree philosophically - I'd be interested to see how you form balanced and robust reads if you don't pay attention to people once you have scumread them.
Generally, I feel like players are easier to read when they are not responding to accusations, because then town can feel more free to scumhunt. Certainly depends on the player though. Normally, I try to ask other players, especially townreads, when I am not sure on a read, because getting a second opinion can help distinguish paranoia from useful skepticism. This is why I found it towny that murder asked Isis and noraa about his case on you, because it's probably what I would do in the same position.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:17 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 973, Noraa wrote:
In post 971, Battle Mage wrote:noraa, you didnt take up my offer of joining the taylor wagon - talk to me about why?
I am not v confident there. I agree Taylor been acting fishy. I could see a scum!Taylor here as her normal town meta is nothing like this but I hate being SRed for shitty meta reasons that are really weak and like "this is not her town game" so I'm not gonna be one of those people.
ok - you're more confident on Plus?
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:18 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 974, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 969, Infinity 324 wrote:
@mod, can you fix those spoilers?
interesting read on xoxelf - why them first?
I thought it would be easier since they don't have a ton of posts.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:20 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 975, Noraa wrote:I dont have any reasons for Taylor to be scum besides this isnt her normal town game and I'm not willing to use such a trash reason as some people here are using on me.
I don't think that's a trash reason. Meta quality can be variable. In this game, I feel my meta on Taylor is very strongly in the scumzone.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:21 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 978, Infinity 324 wrote:
egotisi, dunnstral and 'narwhal' all have fewer posts
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:22 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 966, Noraa wrote:
In post 959, Infinity 324 wrote:I want to see you read into it.
no. there's not a point bc there's too many possibilities tho I will have you down as trying to buddy murder for now.
Ok, then try to talk through a read with me or give me a strong townread and the reasoning behind in. I'm seeing mainly pushing and defensiveness from your slot, but I want stuff that scum couldn't fake.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:23 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 980, Battle Mage wrote:
Those are harder to articulate an opinion on (also I'm narwhal's slot)
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:25 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 976, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 964, Battle Mage wrote: You don't think this discussion is helpful? I disagree. And there's lots to be learnt by how people address a case on them. It's forum mafia - what we say and how we say it is all important data right? I guess we disagree philosophically - I'd be interested to see how you form balanced and robust reads if you don't pay attention to people once you have scumread them.
Generally, I feel like players are easier to read when they are not responding to accusations, because then town can feel more free to scumhunt. Certainly depends on the player though. Normally, I try to ask other players, especially townreads, when I am not sure on a read, because getting a second opinion can help distinguish paranoia from useful skepticism. This is why I found it towny that murder asked Isis and noraa about his case on you, because it's probably what I would do in the same position.
You still think it's townie, even after he acknowledged that he didn't ask his townreads only, he asked basically everyone? Or to be more accurate, he tried to persuade them of it's merits. I don't think he was in any sense trying to get a second opinion in the way you describe.

Less relevant, but as a general scumhunting principle, I think you're missing a trick by not taking advantage of the information from people when they are under pressure. If anything, I feel it can be more informative than when they are not.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:26 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 982, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 980, Battle Mage wrote:
Those are harder to articulate an opinion on (also I'm narwhal's slot)
ah great, so i dont need to remember the nickname anymore! I look forward to reading them all though.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:28 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 981, Infinity 324 wrote:but I want stuff that scum couldn't fake.
scum!me can fake anything imo :3
haven't gotten over my excitement phase after my first scum win a few days ago. It got an extension since I was really upset about my first two games onsite being two scum games of which I lost both.

A solid TR eh? I dont think I have any to be frank. I am not confident in any people being town rn and tho its worrisome, I'm not sure what to do about it so I'm leaving it like that for now.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:30 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

@BM Here, murder is clearly asking for second opinions, or faking doing so. I don't see an attempt to push a narrative, I see an attempt to start a conversation.
In post 824, MURDERCAT wrote:Isis come talk to me about this? Are we seeing the same things?
In post 843, MURDERCAT wrote:Xof, what do you make of BM?
In post 845, MURDERCAT wrote:Is there anyone who is reading town on BM right now? If so, please explain
In post 855, MURDERCAT wrote:Noraa look at BM for me, what do you see?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:32 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

I do agree murdercat is looking to talk to people. More likely doing so as town
Exorcists
Exorcists
Townie
Exorcists
Townie
Townie

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:32 am

Post by Exorcists »

In post 657, egotisi wrote:i've already spoken a bit about jewels in 146/316 and like... norwee is giving me the same vibes he did when i was playing scum against him. like, the closest he has to a read is 394, which like. it's bad. granted, i don't know how to read gamma, but nothing he's done or posted so far is like, jumping out at me or saying ~town~, so.

my current hot take: VOTE: jewel barons
I did not like the Jewel vote at the end of egotisi's catch-up posts. I noticed the foreshadowing, but they haven't taken into account the modspew and this just feels like a wrong vote. Maybe also because I agree with a lot of their other reads, I don't feel this one is very plausible.
In post 845, MURDERCAT wrote:Is there anyone who is reading town on BM right now? If so, please explain
I'm town on BM. Rereading interaction, I actually think it was a misunderstanding and or misrep on Taylor's part.

Spoiler:
In post 90, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 81, Tayl0r Swift wrote:so first of all taylor isnt inactive here. taylor just despises BM's playstyle. taylor does joke around as either alignment. and taylor does become more active and better at reading as the game progresses (as both alignments). and taylor stands by doing setup spec.
i dont think you can backtrack now and suggest you were 'joking around' when you were trying to out town PRs.
In post 93, Battle Mage wrote:I mean, she said both. I don't think anyone is going to argue over whether she did 'setup spec' or not - that's perfectly clear. I saw the "joking around" bit as either a justification for that, or potentially paving the way for that justification later. Felt it was worth nipping in the bud early.

So I think "misrep" is a stretch.
In post 94, Tayl0r Swift wrote:i mean... BM immediately jumped down my throat, even putting an RVS vote on me and then pushing me as scum and telling people to ignore me. its not shocking. i can play on given that. but i do have to defend myself, and i was asked a direct question about my feelings about BM. if thats an issue i dont mind being replaced. but its not such an issue for me that i cant be civil.

My understanding was BM called out Taylor for PR speccing and then said "well now you've said this, just know you cannot backtrack from that now." The "joking" thing is irrelevant. That reaction is town indicative for BM because it shows he has town's best interests in mind; I would expect scum to turn a blind eye or at least not get worked up about it. Also, the rest of his ISO is pretty towny, a lot of gut takes and punchy posts that feel natural. Isis has suspected him of positioning, but I don't see that (I think his inconsistency is of the towny sort) nor do I see what you're seeing. I told my other heads about my BM townread a few times and they've not really commented on it, but I feel strongly enough about it to let it be known anyway.
In post 801, Isis wrote:Noraa has lots of unfairly caught scum vibes, but then I keep changing my mind
I agree. I feel like she thought she found something very pushable in Plus, but is annoyed people aren't agreeing with her. I like quite a lot of Isis posts.

—Alice
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:36 am

Post by Battle Mage »

next bit of Taylor's ISO is mainly ragging on me. We can move on...
Spoiler:
In post 83, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 82, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 81, Tayl0r Swift wrote:taylor just despises BM's playstyle.
What about it?
i dont like BM's logic
i dont like BM's posting style
i dont like BM's strategies
i feel like i dont like BM as a person.
BM always tunnels me (and i have started returning the favor).
its just always a shitfest with BM in the game.
BM has gotten town!me killed with poor nightplay as PR.
In post 81, Tayl0r Swift wrote:so first of all taylor isnt inactive here. taylor just despises BM's playstyle. taylor does joke around as either alignment. and taylor does become more active and better at reading as the game progresses (as both alignments). and taylor stands by doing setup spec.
In post 94, Tayl0r Swift wrote:i mean... BM immediately jumped down my throat, even putting an RVS vote on me and then pushing me as scum and telling people to ignore me. its not shocking. i can play on given that. but i do have to defend myself, and i was asked a direct question about my feelings about BM. if thats an issue i dont mind being replaced. but its not such an issue for me that i cant be civil.

OMGUS - BM suspects me so he must be scum:
In post 136, Tayl0r Swift wrote: BM should know me well enough at this point to know for a fact that shitposting is NAI for me. yet BM is trying to spin it as me being scum.
Defending herself from previous suspicion:
In post 138, Tayl0r Swift wrote: lets just say that no one has caught me as scum with that "tell" because it isnt a tell. i just like to have a bit of fun and live on the edge.
"honestly" scumtell - an old favourite of mine. Also interesting that Taylor claims her scumgame with me was her only scumgame, giving slightly more confidence to my meta.
In post 151, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 143, Exorcists wrote:
In post 138, Tayl0r Swift wrote: lets just say that no one has caught me as scum with that "tell" because it isnt a tell. i just like to have a bit of fun and live on the edge.
do you think you do it more of the time town or scum?

-mayuri
honestly
couldnt say. only have one scumgame anyway.
being overly friendly with noraa?:
In post 152, Tayl0r Swift wrote:VOTE: random canadian
In post 163, Tayl0r Swift wrote:haha im kidding <3
id never roll scum, at least not in a game with you!
buddying everyone on the RC wagon, and also being charming to RC. Very friendly.
In post 168, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 166, MURDERCAT wrote:It does seem like fairest thing to do right?

Actually I think I might be seeing the reasoning on your canadian vote, but I'd like to hear why you voted there
well im used to RC having decent takes and effort. also i like the people on the RC wagon.
Also, so far, lots of partner-equity between Taylor and Infinity, if you include RVS.

I'll continue once I respond to the recent stuff which has caught my eye! Who said this game was inactive?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:37 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 985, Noraa wrote:
haven't gotten over my excitement phase after my first scum win a few days ago. It got an extension since I was really upset about my first two games onsite being two scum games of which I lost both.

A solid TR eh? I dont think I have any to be frank. I am not confident in any people being town rn and tho its worrisome, I'm not sure what to do about it so I'm leaving it like that for now.
Idk, your main two reads you've given this game are scumreads based primarily on how people voted you, and I haven't seen much attempt to sort other slots. Not that I couldn't see your play coming from town, but if you're town I think you're just too focused on the suspicion on you and would love to see thoughts directed elsewhere.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:39 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 986, Infinity 324 wrote:@BM Here, murder is clearly asking for second opinions, or faking doing so. I don't see an attempt to push a narrative, I see an attempt to start a conversation.
In post 824, MURDERCAT wrote:Isis come talk to me about this? Are we seeing the same things?
In post 843, MURDERCAT wrote:Xof, what do you make of BM?
In post 855, MURDERCAT wrote:Noraa look at BM for me, what do you see?
...I definitely disagree. In particular, look at the occasions where people responded and said I was town, and he either told them they were wrong, or ignored them entirely. Just because these are framed as questions, does not mean he is seeking second opinions. He is merely pushing people to agree with him.

I'm not necessarily saying that means he is scum, but whether scum or town, it's plainly obvious that he is not looking to be dissuaded from his argument here.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:40 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 985, Noraa wrote:

I think I'm your solid TR ;)
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:44 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 960, MURDERCAT wrote:@BM Ok well if you are actually town give me something good to read and you'll kill 2 birds with 1 stone, I'll town read you and push tayl0r with you.
@BM This feels like willingness to be dissuaded (though tbf only after you called him out). I may be missing something, but the only place I can see where someone disagreed about the case and murder responded back was here:
In post 858, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 857, Noraa wrote:BM behaves exactly like this as town yet not like this as scum.
Say more? Respond to what I posted?
which clearly feels like an attempt to continue the engagement.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:44 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 961, Jewel Barons wrote:I see some of what you’re saying on BM but I don’t feel it’s as strong a case as I think you do

-GAMMA

Fair enough I'm willing to let it go today if BM comes back with something on taylor
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
Exorcists
Exorcists
Townie
Exorcists
Townie
Townie

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:45 am

Post by Exorcists »

In post 854, Noraa wrote:
In post 847, PlusJOYED wrote:as others have stated i can't go hard in depth cuz site rules. But you love tunneling elimable slots like me as scum and I've never seen you tunnel like this as town. You also come off as lamisty to me
AtE does not work on me plus.
Noraa's tunnel continues to rub me the wrong way. She is, at best, extremely biased if she thinks this is AtE.
In post 860, PlusJOYED wrote:
In post 706, Tayl0r Swift wrote:this is very much noraas scum meta.
that's what I started to notice too
Town Noraa didn't push this hard.
I'd be interested in some links.
In post 878, MURDERCAT wrote:This game feels like it is going nowhere fast. We have 3 days left. Need to see more from xof and Dunn.

Scum is probably just coasting because town is being lazy. I posted a case on BM. Can people please either engage with it or make a new case?
I feel like this game both has a decent amount to work with, and I have some reads I feel good about so I'm surprised you think this game is going nowhere. I just responded to your BM read. What is your stance of Noraa vs Plus? What are your reads?

—Alice
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:51 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 984, Battle Mage wrote:ah great, so i dont need to remember the nickname anymore! I look forward to reading them all though.
Actually I will be referring to infinity as narwhal for the rest of the game to keep things simple :lol:
GTKAMURDERCAT

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:52 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 993, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 960, MURDERCAT wrote:@BM Ok well if you are actually town give me something good to read and you'll kill 2 birds with 1 stone, I'll town read you and push tayl0r with you.
@BM This feels like willingness to be dissuaded (though tbf only after you called him out). I may be missing something, but the only place I can see where someone disagreed about the case and murder responded back was here:
In post 858, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 857, Noraa wrote:BM behaves exactly like this as town yet not like this as scum.
Say more? Respond to what I posted?
which clearly feels like an attempt to continue the engagement.
Yeah, you're missing at least 1 other. I'll let you dig it out as you're on a roll! :lol:

And to be clear I think the Noraa example above was an attempt to continue the engagement
with the purpose of persuading Noraa of BM-scum
. not to be persuaded I am town.

I'm a little baffled overall by your defence of Murdercat here. It feels slightly disproportionate given he has no votes on him, and on the face of it, it doesn't stand up to scrutiny. You entered the game with a clear predisposition that Murdercat was frustrated town impatient to get an elim agreed before deadline. It seems obvious to me that, regardless of his alignment, he was very keen to make me that elim. You are now arguing that he was actually very open minded and wouldnt have been at all phased by moving to a different target entirely. Which I don't think resonates from his posts, or really stacks up with your initial read on him.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:54 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 916, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 851, PlusJOYED wrote: I'm setting up a townblock with me, exorcist, egotisi and isis. I trust their judgment.
I really like that townblock. Suggest you swap me and Isis, and I can actually roll with that.
What changed on your egotisi read?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:54 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

UNVOTE:

Exorcist + gamma is good enough for me to unvote, obviously its not going anywhere
GTKAMURDERCAT

Return to “Completed Open Games”