Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:12 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Besides you, egotisi is the best vote I think, I’m hoping exorcists will be on board as well
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:16 am

Post by Noraa »

why the datisi slot?
I've had no problem with that slot so far and I think most of what that slot says is reasonable
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:20 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I summarized my reasons in , basically I feel like they’re trying to look like they’re doing stuff but not.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:20 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1126, Noraa wrote:why the datisi slot?
I've had no problem with that slot so far and I think most of what that slot says is reasonable
This is also my read on the slot, but that usually makes me feel very uneasy
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:24 am

Post by Noraa »

why's that make you feel uneasy?
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:24 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 1127, Infinity 324 wrote:I summarized my reasons in , basically I feel like they’re trying to look like they’re doing stuff but not.
one sec. I'll take a look at it in a bit
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:26 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

How well I can remember you doing things is a good predictor of scum IMO. Like infinity said, if there were a lot of posts that seemed reasonable at the time but I can't remember anything you actually did maybe they were just be busy posts and not real scum hunting. But I'm not sure if that works as well for a hydra.
GTKAMURDERCAT

egotisi
egotisi
Townie
egotisi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:18 am

Post by egotisi »

In post 900, Battle Mage wrote:Do you think it's likely that Murdercat ISO'd me, and decided he'd quite like to have someone to target to look like he was scumhunting and just tried to construe everything I did as being scummy, when in fact it wasn't?
I think Murdercat is taking posts out of thread context. His answer to *liking* BMs post and then scumreading him is intriguing. Posts in ISO context read very different, and BM's progression on Taylor feels a lot more natural than he cased. I think his post came from a mindset of scumreading first, and then casing second.

VOTE: Murdercat

-ego
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:26 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1131, MURDERCAT wrote:How well I can remember you doing things is a good predictor of scum IMO. Like infinity said, if there were a lot of posts that seemed reasonable at the time but I can't remember anything you actually did maybe they were just be busy posts and not real scum hunting. But I'm not sure if that works as well for a hydra.
Why do you think it’s different for hydras?
In post 1132, egotisi wrote:
In post 900, Battle Mage wrote:Do you think it's likely that Murdercat ISO'd me, and decided he'd quite like to have someone to target to look like he was scumhunting and just tried to construe everything I did as being scummy, when in fact it wasn't?
I think Murdercat is taking posts out of thread context. His answer to *liking* BMs post and then scumreading him is intriguing. Posts in ISO context read very different, and BM's progression on Taylor feels a lot more natural than he cased. I think his post came from a mindset of scumreading first, and then casing second.

VOTE: Murdercat

-ego
Why does taking posts out of context mean it’s scummy here? ISOing someone, by its nature, removes the posts from context.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

egotisi
egotisi
Townie
egotisi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:39 am

Post by egotisi »

In post 1133, Infinity 324 wrote:Why does taking posts out of context mean it’s scummy here? ISOing someone, by its nature, removes the posts from context.

Because it changes the meaning? Scum wants to twist words and make someone easier to attack. Murder took posts that were pages apart and cased them as an overall progression on someone.

Like, he called BM shading us inconsistent with the Taylor read, when it had nothing to do with it.

-ego
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:41 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1133, Infinity 324 wrote:Why do you think it’s different for hydras?
Hydras I think tend to be more lurky with catch up posts and the heads might also disagree. So I think it's just harder to keep track of where they are at
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:42 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1134, egotisi wrote:Like, he called BM shading us inconsistent with the Taylor read, when it had nothing to do with it.
The point was that BM said to flip you despite the strong read on taylor
GTKAMURDERCAT

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:02 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1134, egotisi wrote:
In post 1133, Infinity 324 wrote:Why does taking posts out of context mean it’s scummy here? ISOing someone, by its nature, removes the posts from context.

Because it changes the meaning? Scum wants to twist words and make someone easier to attack. Murder took posts that were pages apart and cased them as an overall progression on someone.

Like, he called BM shading us inconsistent with the Taylor read, when it had nothing to do with it.

-ego
I’m wondering why you think it’s unlikely that town!murder built his case off of an ISO, not remembering the original context the posts were written in, and took the posts out of context by accident. Not saying that’s what happened, but it’s a possibility you don’t seem to consider.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Jewel Barons
Jewel Barons
Townie
Jewel Barons
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:18 am

Post by Jewel Barons »

In post 1074, PlusJOYED wrote:
In post 1065, Jewel Barons wrote:
In post 965, Battle Mage wrote:Gamma - who are your top 2 scumreads?
Plus is definitely my top scumread but I can’t really say what my second strongest is rn. I’ve felt like MCat, Noraa, and you have been scummy at times.

-GAMMA
that's news to me
why am i your top scumread?
mostly because I've felt like I've seen truly scummy things from you but on my other reads listed there I'm not sure about the pings I've gotten.
Jewel Barons
Jewel Barons
Townie
Jewel Barons
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:25 am

Post by Jewel Barons »

In post 1091, Noraa wrote:he also fails to provide reasons for his SRs and TRs
could you go over what makes you say this again? I think Cobra raised a good point about this earlier and didn't see anything about it from you

-GAMMA
Jewel Barons
Jewel Barons
Townie
Jewel Barons
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:26 am

Post by Jewel Barons »

In post 1097, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1013, Exorcists wrote:[egotisi, Taylor] is where I'd like to go today. Getting slight cold feet about Noraa, I guess.
In post 1005, Battle Mage wrote:The Alice-head is my favourite from the Exorcists
I like you too, Battle Mage.

—Alice
I will vote egotisi

Murdercat, not sure what you need from me. If you're not already thinking about voting me, you can decide on another elim without my input

VOTE: Egotisi

I glanced over the rest of the thread, Bm is still tunneling Taylor, tone can be either alignment, the rest of the posts in thread don't really matter. I agree that Murdercat looks like town
what do you have to say about the pressure on you?

-GAMMA
Jewel Barons
Jewel Barons
Townie
Jewel Barons
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:29 am

Post by Jewel Barons »

In post 1110, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 1107, MURDERCAT wrote:I'm willing to roll with something like a {me, plus, isis, infinity, gamma} town block right now I think
Wow, explain your plus, isis, and gamma reads?
why are you challenging every single one except yourself and the person who posted that townblock?

-GAMMA
egotisi
egotisi
Townie
egotisi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:30 am

Post by egotisi »

In post 1136, MURDERCAT wrote:The point was that BM said to flip you despite the strong read on taylor
But BM had multiple scumreads. He confirmed us as "lockscum" after Datisi posted. It's just a really weird push that you stopped after it gained no traction.
In post 1137, Infinity 324 wrote:Not saying that’s what happened, but it’s a possibility you don’t seem to consider.
???? Like yeah town can do scummy things. That can be an excuse for literally anything scummy. Do you know Murder's meta?

-ego
Jewel Barons
Jewel Barons
Townie
Jewel Barons
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:32 am

Post by Jewel Barons »

In post 1122, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 1119, Noraa wrote:ofc you "don't understand" what purpose my vote has when its literally on you. But if you are hinting that you are a vanity wagon, I don't understand why you are zoning in on me since there are 6 wagons rn and u can't possibility think only mine is a vanity?
ego is still catching up, and I literally just said their vote is scummy too. Jewel Barons' vote on plus wasn't a vanity vote until you moved off it. Only yours and ego's are vanity.
except I'm pretty sure the wagon on your slot was pretty sizeable around the time Noraa voted. Why are you pushing alternative facts, especially ones that seek to make others look worse?

-GAMMA
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:33 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1141, Jewel Barons wrote:
In post 1110, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 1107, MURDERCAT wrote:I'm willing to roll with something like a {me, plus, isis, infinity, gamma} town block right now I think
Wow, explain your plus, isis, and gamma reads?
why are you challenging every single one except yourself and the person who posted that townblock?

-GAMMA
Cause those are the people I wasn't sure on
In post 1142, egotisi wrote: ???? Like yeah town can do scummy things. That can be an excuse for literally anything scummy. Do you know Murder's meta?

-ego
My argument here is that taking something out of context isn't scummy, at most it's bad play as town.

I've played one game with murder before.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:34 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1143, Jewel Barons wrote:
In post 1122, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 1119, Noraa wrote:ofc you "don't understand" what purpose my vote has when its literally on you. But if you are hinting that you are a vanity wagon, I don't understand why you are zoning in on me since there are 6 wagons rn and u can't possibility think only mine is a vanity?
ego is still catching up, and I literally just said their vote is scummy too. Jewel Barons' vote on plus wasn't a vanity vote until you moved off it. Only yours and ego's are vanity.
except I'm pretty sure the wagon on your slot was pretty sizeable around the time Noraa voted. Why are you pushing alternative facts, especially ones that seek to make others look worse?

-GAMMA
Really? There wasn't a vote count for a few pages, but I'm pretty sure nora was the first vote on me.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Jewel Barons
Jewel Barons
Townie
Jewel Barons
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:36 am

Post by Jewel Barons »

In post 1121, Noraa wrote:you call me out for having SRs that are OMGUSy yet I don't see anything different from you.
In fact I am the first to SR the people I SRed so if anything they are the OMGUSy ones not me
This feels a little mixed up, just because you were the first out of anyone to suspect X player doesn't mean it's not OMGUS if they suspected you first.

-GAMMA

PEdit: even if Noraa was the first vote, a wagon did form on your slot, so calling it a vanity wagon now is vastly underselling how much the wagon on you mattered, I feel.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:37 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1146, Jewel Barons wrote:
In post 1121, Noraa wrote:you call me out for having SRs that are OMGUSy yet I don't see anything different from you.
In fact I am the first to SR the people I SRed so if anything they are the OMGUSy ones not me
This feels a little mixed up, just because you were the first out of anyone to suspect X player doesn't mean it's not OMGUS if they suspected you first.

-GAMMA

PEdit: even if Noraa was the first vote, a wagon did form on your slot, so calling it a vanity wagon now is vastly underselling how much the wagon on you mattered, I feel.
There was a wagon on my slot on page 7-8. I don't feel that that's relevant, I felt like nora was just finding a place to park her vote (and potentially argue later that she wasn't trying to save her skin)
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Jewel Barons
Jewel Barons
Townie
Jewel Barons
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:38 am

Post by Jewel Barons »

VOTE: egotisi
While I'm a bit skeptical of Infinity's motives currently, I also think we've kinda been stuck talking about a few slots and a wagon here shakes that up a bit.

-GAMMA
Jewel Barons
Jewel Barons
Townie
Jewel Barons
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:40 am

Post by Jewel Barons »

I will say it's a bit funky Noraa was looking for a compromise that early, but wagons are wagons, I had a 5 vote wagon form on me on the first couple pages of a 13p mini normal once, and iirc it generated some interesting data, though probably not accurately interpreted data.

-GAMMA

Return to “Completed Open Games”