MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3575 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:47 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I don’t know how many scum Army has.
I don’t know whether this is multiball or SK. (SK is my hunch)
I don’t know whether you’re a town aligned 3P or not. (Sorry you and A50 can claim whatever you want but I don’t buy it)

Since I don’t know enough about the setup and people’s motives I can’t then put an individual read on them. Eg I was right to call Mastina not town because of the gamma issue but I was wrong to call her group scum assuming the situation holds.

I don’t know enough to know motives so I look for people who are genuine and not manipulative and they get a town read.

Then wagon theory to build my acceptable execution pool and gut the rest.

Unless some divine magical fairy tells me the setup or I get some information in a really impractical way I don’t see me doing anything besides town hunting and blocking and eliminating the rest because I can’t see the undercurrent.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3576 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:47 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

titus and mathblade, we get that you are siblings engaged in a rivalry and you always scumread each other and youre both very proud of your VCA, but i think its starting to bog the game down. can we look at whos scum rather than try to figure out whos better at finding scum? lets lunch some scum and you can have this contest in postgame.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3577 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3574, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3572, MathBlade wrote:I like JJH for SK as I have mentioned because of theory
ehhhhhhhhhh

true, jjh isn't really doing anying and just sitting there but y is he an sk and not group scum?
Ascetic is a common SK claim/mod.

He could be group scum. Just playing odds.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3578 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3576, Tayl0r Swift wrote:titus and mathblade, we get that you are siblings engaged in a rivalry and you always scumread each other and youre both very proud of your VCA, but i think its starting to bog the game down. can we look at whos scum rather than try to figure out whos better at finding scum? lets lunch some scum and you can have this contest in postgame.
I was trying to get at Mathblade's scumreads and away from VCA.

His response was all about VCA. I'm trying here.

P.S. I think Pickaxe/Chemist/SS nets at least two scum.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3579 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:51 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3578, Titus wrote:
In post 3576, Tayl0r Swift wrote:titus and mathblade, we get that you are siblings engaged in a rivalry and you always scumread each other and youre both very proud of your VCA, but i think its starting to bog the game down. can we look at whos scum rather than try to figure out whos better at finding scum? lets lunch some scum and you can have this contest in postgame.

Great VCA disagrees with you.

So I wouldn’t follow that conclusion but would exe SS based on my gut.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3580 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:52 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

mathblade has given some scumreads and then you kept going.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3581 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:52 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

math, you are town reading al of chemist, tgp and DS right?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3582 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:53 pm

Post by MathBlade »

It’s going to stay VCA and gut until I have info to act on. I get what Taylor is trying to do to have us not dominate the thread but I can’t like not answer a question you’ve asked me. I get you don’t like my strategy. You as 3P with whatever win con have more info than I do. You have three brains to pick.

I have had maybe 24 hours. Expecting a solve while I am integrating into the game is unreasonable Titus.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3583 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:54 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3581, Nero Cain wrote:math, you are town reading al of chemist, tgp and DS right?
No. DS/Chemist are Townier than TGP but I wouldn’t call them townreads.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3584 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 3569, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3566, Bell wrote:Thanks blade. I'll think about that.
This is sus.
This feels like sheep.
? I'm definitely not sheeping that reasoning. I don't know you or how accurate you are as a player or whether your method even works or is better than random.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3585 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:56 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3584, Bell wrote:
In post 3569, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3566, Bell wrote:Thanks blade. I'll think about that.
This is sus.
This feels like sheep.
? I'm definitely not sheeping that reasoning. I don't know you or how accurate you are as a player or whether your method even works or is better than random.
Oh I took it as “I’ll think about it and use it” was how I read the implication and therefore was sus.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3586 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3579, MathBlade wrote:

Great VCA disagrees with you.

So I wouldn’t follow that conclusion but would exe SS based on my gut.

I am trying to have a non VCA discussion with you.

Set aside VCA. Should we execute Pickaxe Pete or Chemist? Why or Why not?

If Chemist isn't a townread (as you said to Nero), why are you so fast to shoot me down?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3587 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

VOTE: taylor swift

UR MUSIC SUXS!
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3588 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:58 pm

Post by Bell »

No, i'll just think about it and consider the pov. But I'm comfy where I am (sorry if wrong S_S).
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3589 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3583, MathBlade wrote:No. DS/Chemist are Townier than TGP but I wouldn’t call them townreads.
im hard skimming ur posts so correct me here if I'm wrong but didn't you argue that if there's scum on Gamma it was PP?

Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3590 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 3587, Nero Cain wrote:VOTE: taylor swift

UR MUSIC SUXS!
VOTE: nero cain

UR MUSIC SUXS!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3591 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:01 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Yes. You are. Without VCA and/or gut I have nothing. Too bad.

Should we? I don’t know. I know I would rather execute SS or shelly.

Again you’re using characterizing words like “so fast”. I am not shooting you down. I disagreed with you. That isn’t “shooting you down so fast”. This isn’t about control. The fact you think it is is telling. I replaced in, looked at things with a fresh perspective and have the conclusions I do. These are initial reads. I stated an opinion.

We have at least half of the player base with their pants down so my main focus is resolving claims while keeping pants on. A game solve is a bit more of a luxury compared to preventing scum from having a map to kill us.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3592 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3589, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3583, MathBlade wrote:No. DS/Chemist are Townier than TGP but I wouldn’t call them townreads.
im hard skimming ur posts so correct me here if I'm wrong but didn't you argue that if there's scum on Gamma it was PP?
It wasn’t an argument that he was scum.
It was an argument of if there was scum it’s Pickaxe.

Think like Civ. I got burned making assumptions that a scum had to be on the wagon. Everyone else was either flipped town or claimed 3P.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3593 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by Titus »

Shellyc we could still use you to claim if you were visited.

@Math,

Until you respectfully have a theory or can engage in constructive dialog, please listen more so you can. I see no further point in discussing with you right now.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3594 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:06 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3593, Titus wrote:
Shellyc we could still use you to claim if you were visited.

@Math,

Until you respectfully have a theory or can engage in constructive dialog, please listen more so you can. I see no further point in discussing with you right now.
I am pretty sure that I can engage in hunting and ascertain whether my gut is right while listening. I really don’t like that you’re trying to tell me to shut up here. I just want to interact with people.

Then when I do so you ask me imho stupid questions that you want to hear what you want to hear. Then you say shut the f up when it wasn’t what you want.

I have to talk to get reads when I am going by gut Titus.

I can easily choose not to talk to you if you like but I will ask questions of others.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3595 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:10 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

chill!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3596 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3592, MathBlade wrote:It was an argument of if there was scum it’s Pickaxe.
but why him and not any of the three players @ the end? that's where I'd expect to find scum if there were any.

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3597 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3596, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3592, MathBlade wrote:It was an argument of if there was scum it’s Pickaxe.
but why him and not any of the three players @ the end? that's where I'd expect to find scum if there were any.
I cheat and say both.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3598 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

So Nero's in that 3p block? Or are they in Titus' presumed masonry?

Either way, I'm not liking their tone, but I might need to reevaluate.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3599 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:14 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3514, MathBlade wrote:
Spoiler: followupVC not colored mobile
In post 1759, schadd_ wrote:
breaking a bone is basically nothing

vote count 1.4

Gamma Emerald (8):
Ban Hydras, Pickaxe Pete, Menalque, Titus, superbowl9, NorwegianboyEE, mastina, Morning Mage
Ban Hydras (6):
PlusJOYED, DiamondSentinel, Christøpher, Nero Cain, samantha97, Gamma Emerald
NorwegianboyEE (3):
Almost50, DrDolittle, TheGoldenParadox
Menalque (1):
jjh927
Almost50 (1):
Vecna
April Ludgate (1):
EchoVision
DiamondSentinel (1):
Tayl0r Swift

not voting (2):
April Ludgate, Bell

with 23 alive, it takes 12 to Execute someones Ass. day 1 ends october 24th at 13:30 central US time; in (expired on 2020-10-24 13:30:00)

mod notes
  • Christøpher has requested replacement
  • : good
[/area]

Almost50 a 3P leaves
Nero leaves

Mastina and Morning Mage enter the wagon.

This leaves Morning Mage and Pickaxe Pete as only potential army on the wagon.

On the Ban all hydras wagon added Nero Sam and GE
Nero is 3P who floated between the wagons
GE was voting the biggest wagon other than himself.

So we’re left with Plus DS Christopher (who I think is Chemist) and Samantha (scully I think)

Rule of three says there’s likely a scum somewhere in this list.

However again none of these were really pushing the wagons iirc (please correct me if I am wrong)
Based on tone this didn’t seem like a scum driven wagon either.

So this game seems to be driven by NT players.

This jives with my 2-8 out of no where scum bus just it was NT.
@Nero you mean here? Again it’s a factual statement that if scum were on the wagon it’s Pete or Morning Mage. I don’t see where you get three from. Norwegian is conf not scum, assuming Army = scum
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”