Newbie 2036 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:59 am

Post by Micc »

Trednall has been killed Night 1. They were a
Vanilla Townie

It is now Day 2.

Votecount 2.00
Not Voting (7) -
Gawr, Tayl0r Swift, hessian, Olivia2020, Satisfaction, donkihott, Fredrick A Campbell

With 7 players alive it takes 4 votes to eliminate.

The deadline for Day 2 is in (expired on 2020-10-28 12:00:00).
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:05 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

so i should say a couple things here real quick. it is not scummy to state L-2, L-1, etc when putting someone a couple votes off from a lunch. its etiquette and expected. It means scum cant lolhammer and say "oops i didnt know". Also, it is really bad form to hammer without stating intent and giving the person being hammered an opportunity to claim or give a few final thoughts. everything worked out yesterday, but imagine if that had been a town PR that died like that. we'd be in a really bad spot right now. also im not sure i understand the night kill, but whatever.
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:10 am

Post by Satisfaction »

Oh happy day.

I think Gawr is the most likely target here but I would like to hear her talk a bit. VOTE: Gawr

Anybody with a few more games under their belt know the likelihood that the speed hammer yesterday was a desperate last minute bus to deny information?

pedit: I had pretty strongly townread Trendall. Maybe they felt that people were coming around to that? Also, Mark had townread me so maybe the idea was to shine a spotlight on me?
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:16 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

when i have more time later ill reread the game and see whats what. it should be clear if people were defending marky mark etc
hessian
hessian
Townie
hessian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:26 am

Post by hessian »

VOTE: donkihott

I'm suspicious of donkihott for two main reasons:
A) Inconsistent Behavior Before Hammer

Here's donkihott's last post before Marky Mark was really put under scrutiny:
In post 88, donkihott wrote: Right now to me Marky seems like one of the good ones or at least he is really trying to appear as one.
Then, once the wagon is at E-1, he tries to prevent, or at least delay, Marky Mark's elimination.
In post 108, donkihott wrote:
In post 106, Trendall wrote:
Lmao yeah that's enough.

VOTE: Marky Mark
What's enough? What are your reasons behind voting Mark?
In post 109, donkihott wrote:Also why did you skip saying you're putting him on E-1?
In post 111, donkihott wrote:That is really fishy. I think everybody can count to 5 so you don't need maths to see someone is at E-1. I think you just wqnt to get rid of him fast.
So far, his behavior is at least internally consistent; if donkihott was town, and he was town-reading Marky Mark, then it would make sense for him to want to push back against the elimination. But,
less than 1 hour later
, he decides,
In post 113, donkihott wrote:Well, fk it.
VOTE: Marky Mark
The only explanation I can see for such an abrupt change of mind is that donkihott realized his scum buddy was about to be eliminated, and then decided he might as well try and get some town cred.
In fact, the line, "Well, fk it," really, really reads like frustrated scum to me.

B) Marky Mark/donkihott Interactions

Here's a list of pre-hammer interactions between the two:
In post 85, Marky Mark wrote: 6. donkihott

As I have said previously, his tone feels fairly authentic town and his self-awareness in #56 doesn't strike me as a scum trait. Would be good to hear more from him though as he hasn't posted a great deal.

Town read.
In post 87, Marky Mark wrote: Of the players in this game, the ones I am currently finding the most suspicious (with the noteable exception of donki) also happen to be ones that are sitting back and not giving us much to go off.
In post 27, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 21, donkihott wrote: I will vote for Gawr cuz she talks too much
and I don't want to die on D1
:D

VOTE: Gawr E-2
(My underline, not the original quote)

When I first read this, it came across as mildly scummy (voting another player to avoid dying themselves) but the more I think about this, the more town-ish it seems as what he specifically said that he didn't want to die on D1. I mean this is page 1 so take all this with a bit of salt, but it kinda comes across as a fellow townie. A scum wouldn't want to die period, but I know the feeling of being town, accepting that I may well die in the course of events (eg NK) but wanting to make it past the first day. I'm gonna put Donki down as a very mild town tell for now.
In post 63, Marky Mark wrote:Couple of things that stuck out to me before I head to bed
In post 61, hessian wrote: While I found your vote weird, I was not too suspicious of you, and my actions have reflected that: I worded my post very mildly; I didn't move my vote from RVS onto you; in my next few posts, I engaged with other people on different topics. So the fact that you are reading my single, mildly worded post as me being "very sus" on you... feels like an overreaction, and actually does make me quite suspicious of you now.
This is valid to an extent although, interstingly, donki goes on to say that his reasons were "not a solid argument at all" in #56 which kinda undermines the point he has just made, so I'm guessing he meant it more as a train of consciousness type thing than evidence to actually go off?
Marky Mark tried to push town-reads on donkihott more than he did for any other player, and often with weak reasoning.
That's not a good look for donkihott.
hessian
hessian
Townie
hessian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:31 am

Post by hessian »

Forgot to mention: in post 86, Marky Mark had donkihott as his second-highest town read.
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:40 am

Post by Satisfaction »

In post 23, Marky Mark wrote:about still in RVS but none of the below are massively helpful in terms of exposition ie adding any meaningful info into the game
Here
Mark
shades Tay,
Tren
, Olivia, and Fred.
In post 25, hessian wrote:I agree with Marky Mark, Trendall's response in #22 is a bit frustrating.
Here, hessian supports Here
Mark
against
Tren
. She doubles down on this position in . However, hessian jabs at Here
Mark
in her , questioning his tone.
In post 27, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 21, donkihott wrote:I will vote for Gawr cuz she talks too much
and I don't want to die on D1
:D
(My underline, not the original quote)

When I first read this, it came across as mildly scummy (voting another player to avoid dying themselves) but the more I think about this, the more town-ish it seems as what he specifically said that he didn't want to die on D1. I mean this is page 1 so take all this with a bit of salt, but it kinda comes across as a fellow townie. A scum wouldn't want to die period, but I know the feeling of being town, accepting that I may well die in the course of events (eg NK) but wanting to make it past the first day. I'm gonna put Donki down as a very mild town tell for now.
Here
Mark
weakly defends donk.
In post 63, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 61, hessian wrote: While I found your
(donk's)
vote weird, I was not too suspicious of you, and my actions have reflected that: I worded my post very mildly; I didn't move my vote from RVS onto you; in my next few posts, I engaged with other people on different topics. So the fact that you are reading my single, mildly worded post as me being "very sus" on you... feels like an overreaction, and actually does make me quite suspicious of you now.
This is valid to an extent although, interstingly, donki goes on to say that his reasons were "not a solid argument at all" in #56 which kinda undermines the point he has just made, so I'm guessing he meant it more as a train of consciousness type thing than evidence to actually go off?

Here,
Mark
defends donk to hessian.

In
Mark
townreads donk, hessian, and I. He scumreads Fred and Olivia.

In
Mark
rates donk as a very weak confidence, strong town read. He scum reads Tay, Fred, and Olivia.
In post 109, donkihott wrote:Also why did you skip saying you're putting him on E-1?
Here, donk pressures
Tren
to explain his
Mark
vote and complains about silent E-1.
In post 111, donkihott wrote:That is really fishy. I think everybody can count to 5 so you don't need maths to see someone is at E-1. I think you just wqnt to get rid of him fast.
Here donk suspects that
Tren
wants to quick-elim
Mark
... one page before he turns around and does the deed himself.

VOTE: donkihott
donkihott
donkihott
Goon
donkihott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:42 am

Post by donkihott »

Okay, first I want to apologize for the hammering.

Now to address the accusations of hessian, which by the way start from page 2. I think it is obvious to all (town aligned) that that hammering should prove my innocence on 95%.

Since there is a etiquette for hammering (which I again apologize for not following) it means that we would've have 24 hours to hear Marky's thoughts. I am not sure why a sane mafia would hammer his teammate and try to win the game on its own.So the argument that I tried to prevent people from getting information sounds absurd.

Mark did a graph where he placed his thoughts on town/mafia so I think we should take the sets of the people who didn't vote for Mark, the people Mark stated as town aligned, get the intersection and start from there.

Which are {Hessian, Olivia, Gawr} and {Me, hessian, satisfaction, gawr, trendall} which leaves us with Hessian and Gawr.

Another interesting thing is that hessian had his first vote was for Trendall and exchanged some arguments with him. Also on Mark's diagram hessian is pretty close to me on the town scale.

Personally I think Gawr is not playing at all so my vote goes to hessian. VOTE: hessian

You are all free to suspect me, I have nothing to fear about :wink:
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:46 am

Post by Satisfaction »

In post 129, hessian wrote:So far, his behavior is at least internally consistent; if donkihott was town, and he was town-reading Marky Mark, then it would make sense for him to want to push back against the elimination. But, less than 1 hour later, he decides,
I agree. This is the smoking gun.
donkihott
donkihott
Goon
donkihott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:49 am

Post by donkihott »

Also what do you think are the odds that a SE like Mark who hasn't played for 6 years would agree to sacrifice himself on D1 to let the newbie carry the game on his first game?
hessian
hessian
Townie
hessian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:54 am

Post by hessian »

In post 132, donkihott wrote:I am not sure why a sane mafia would hammer his teammate and try to win the game on its own.So the argument that I tried to prevent people from getting information sounds absurd.
In post 134, donkihott wrote:Also what do you think are the odds that a SE like Mark who hasn't played for 6 years would agree to sacrifice himself on D1 to let the newbie carry the game on his first game?
In both cases, the answer is: because it was quite obvious Marky Mark wouldn't be able to save himself. He didn't have any other option.
hessian
hessian
Townie
hessian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:55 am

Post by hessian »

Obligatory PSA: donkihott is now at E-2.
donkihott
donkihott
Goon
donkihott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:56 am

Post by donkihott »

Was it obvious? Why was it obvious? You had hard evidence on him or what?
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:56 am

Post by Satisfaction »

I’m not sure. He seemed like a pretty nice guy who probably recognized that he was digging his own grave because he was overeager.
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:57 am

Post by Satisfaction »

Haha you can’t argue that Mark could have saved himself when you are who killed him.
donkihott
donkihott
Goon
donkihott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:59 am

Post by donkihott »

There are two mafias right? Who of you is throwing :D
hessian
hessian
Townie
hessian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:01 am

Post by hessian »

In post 137, donkihott wrote:Was it obvious? Why was it obvious? You had hard evidence on him or what?
I think we can agree that things definitely weren't going well for him, no? Even if he miraculously redirected us to another Day 1 elimination target, he would have been more heavily scrutinized for the rest of the game.
hessian
hessian
Townie
hessian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:05 am

Post by hessian »

Anyway, back on topic: donkihott, can you explain why you went from pushing against Marky Mark's elimination to hammering him within the space of an hour?
donkihott
donkihott
Goon
donkihott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:11 am

Post by donkihott »

If I physically could I would've hammer within 5 minutes. As you can see from the start I am a little impatient and couldn't really get any idea about any of the players so I wanted to speed up the process.
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:19 am

Post by Satisfaction »

In post 132, donkihott wrote:take the sets of the people who didn't vote for Mark, the people Mark stated as town aligned, get the intersection and start from there.
For what it’s worth, I agree. That’s what I was doing (and why my big post starts with hessian) but your name just kept popping up over and over.

hessian operates too similarly to me for me to see a scum motivation. I find it unlikely that scumbuddies would push each other the way hessian and Mark did like that when they didn’t need to.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:41 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

VOTE: donki

thats L-1

can we make this the quickest game in years?
donkihott
donkihott
Goon
donkihott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:47 am

Post by donkihott »

[quote="In post 145
can we make this the quickest game in years?[/quote]

Nope.
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:22 am

Post by Satisfaction »

I wouldn't mind entertaining a claim from donkihott at this point. I can also see an argument for giving our quieter folks a chance to weigh in first, though.

Off topic: sorry for all of the extra "Here"s in my . I was copying the font color formatting and it hitched a ride all across my post.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:30 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

yeah i think a claim would be appropriate.
donkihott
donkihott
Goon
donkihott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:51 am

Post by donkihott »

Can you paraphrase that, because I didn't really understand what I was asked.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”