Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:29 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1423, Hopkirk wrote:This is really bad phrasing. The last part feels like a lamist mediator talking words and ignoring why Noraa isn't working with us. Like if Noraa is town here in what world does she respond positiviely to 'work with us' and nothing else? In worlds of scum Noraa it doesn't matter sure, but if you care about the say 10% chance town Noraa (guessing your priors here) then this is a spaghetti weak appeal with only limpyness behind it.
I thought it might work because I had a recent game where I baited an NK on N1 and the town PRs went on to play a big role in the win. But I have tried to interact with Noraa in many different places in many different ways.
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:36 am

Post by UNOwen »

Question for anyone: Is there an overwhelming majority of players who think Noraa is scum or is there just an overwhelming majority of players who think LLD is going to make sure Noraa dies soon so aren't putting in too much effort?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:36 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1041, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1038, Noraa wrote:If I kill you while knowing you are town, maybe you should think twice before going ham on a newbie page 7 in a game.
rather than blaming everything on someone that has way less experience, consider that maybe you haven't done the best either.
If you are town you played poorly and deserved to die. I'm fallible, I can make mistakes. But you look like scum and have played like scum.

But telling me to my face that because I got one read wrong, a read that would be easy to get wrong if indeed you are town given how you played.

And that I've somehow done something wrong.

You're delusional. I'd do this 100/100. It's not my fault you're deciding to game throw. Managing your emotional state is not my job, it's yours. You came here to play a game and you have a role to play if you are indeed town. Killing a townie is playing against your win condition and is against site rules.
This has honestly got to be a really dedicated parody account lol.
In post 1056, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:yea she just realized the worst case scenario for her is to not get to shoot LLD for her scum team
Is this assuming she's ignored other scum in the PT telling her 'Noraa wtf' or that they just aren't commenting?
In post 1070, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1068, MURDERCAT wrote:Oh no but his posts are so fun :cry:

I assume this is the "who I would have shot"
Correct.

His posts are exactly the space of where I would be if I were scum this game.

Agreeing with most people.

Using a gimmick to hide themselves.

They townread me without a lot of good reasons and I didn't get great vibes.

They agreed with Isis and Bell being scum which was ???

I'm pretty sure they are in the "scum zone" and I want them dead.
Ok I give up, which one of these was supposed to be alignment indicative?
In post 1074, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Like you have to remember.

the more pubilc and vocal you are, the more likely you are to die.

People like Mush and I are townie but marked for death. IF we're scum it's kind of over.

but Hopkirk is on no one's radar. No one is marking them as scum, no one marking them as hard town.

which means they will escape most lists and live a long time.

Which is what scum want to be here.
There's a lot of people in the game who'll have seen me mention in other games I'm essentially V/LA tuesdays/thursdays because I'm bust playing mafia then. Wednesday was busy this week.
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:38 am

Post by shellyc »

In post 1426, UNOwen wrote:Question for anyone: Is there an overwhelming majority of players who think Noraa is scum or is there just an overwhelming majority of players who think LLD is going to make sure Noraa dies soon so aren't putting in too much effort?
nah noraaaaaaaa's obvscum
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:39 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 1428, shellyc wrote: nah noraaaaaaaa's obvscum
No I totally agree she is scum, just wondering if that's widely believed still.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:49 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1428, shellyc wrote:
In post 1426, UNOwen wrote:Question for anyone: Is there an overwhelming majority of players who think Noraa is scum or is there just an overwhelming majority of players who think LLD is going to make sure Noraa dies soon so aren't putting in too much effort?
nah noraaaaaaaa's obvscum
There's way too much evidence to let her live, I guess it depends on your definition of obv scum? The thing is I think she is genuinely upset and I feel bad, but scum can also be upset for being caught early. I think it's like 70% she is scum.
GTKAMURDERCAT

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:55 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Noraa's like 35-40 town, 65-60% scum for me at this point, but I'd flip her today (third because I don't trust the rage kill) even if that was 60-40 the other way since we've got fifty pages of discussion on her, we get all the information from it, and scum never kills her at this point
In post 1075, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1072, Isis wrote:but Hopkirk writes poemz D:
I love the poems too, but my first thought when I saw them was "using a gimmick this game is a great scum cover to avoid lists and having to be dredged down in fights that kill you".
I told Hectic I was going to do this before the game. It went something like this:

Hopkirk spotted Hectic hiding in the bushes outside Pooky's house and strolled over to join him. 'I think I'll post exclusively in eight syllable rhyming couplets for Death Curse. You wouldn't modkill me if I commited hard to it then stopped would you?'

'Wow Hopkirk, what kind of mod do you think I am. That would be unethical.' Hectic gasped.

'Just like tax evasion' Hopkirk nodded.

They shared a finger gun.

'No but seriously though, Isis would literally chop my fingers off and feed them to my cat if I did.' Hectic sighed. 'What's the point in moderating if I can't just modkill whoever I want for stupid reasons.'

'What if you edit in a few rules into the OP then claim they were there the whole time?'

'I guess that might work. How'd you find me anyway?'

'You're always waiting outside Isis and Pooky's house at two or three in the morning. I checked with Isis but she wasn't home so I came right here.'

'Sometimes you're a real Flavour leaf.' Hectic chuckled. Hopkirk didn't ask him to explain what that meant, no matter how much Nero was wondering. It was fairly obvious what Hectic meant, and Hoppy knew how much his pal explaining his metaphors.

There conversation was interrupted as Pooky left his house to pick up his newspaper. Hectic leapt out of the bushes, stuffing Pooky under his arm and running off.

Hopkirk turned to Nero. 'I'm surprised you went along with this.' He began before trailing off as he noticed the look of horror that had crossed Nero's face.

'I... I never thought he'd go through with it.' Nero muttered. 'He always talked about it, but I assumed the cat was enough.'

'He needed someone else to hug.' Hopkirk shook his head. 'And we all know who's the cuddliest person on the site.'

'I guess.' Nero said. He seemed a little offended.

'You know what this means though? Now Death Curse doesn't have a mod.'

'No...' Nero said, pulling his trusty XL18 industrial strength flamethrower from its holster. 'But it's still got a goddamn co-mod. Hectic is my responsibility.'

Hopkirk tried to stop him, but Nero had already disappeared. He sighed in resignation, helped himself to Pooky's paper since he probably didn't need it anymore, then went off to do whatever he did on Thursday evenings.

------
I assume Nero/Hectic made up some time after that, but idk what happened there. Maybe Pooky saw and could tell us about what happened next?

In post 1081, MURDERCAT wrote:Hopkirk iso looks null to me. I agree in principle with the logic for why that's scummy but I'm also not against hearing Hopkirk out for explanations for the reads.
Which ones? I think I only really commented on pretty obvtown slots?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:02 am

Post by Bell »

In post 1378, shellyc wrote:
In post 1374, MURDERCAT wrote:Mush looks like town, I think fidget looks like town, hot take is that taylor seems like town
ok these are good reads

I can see town murder
And I thought I was late to that particular party.
In post 1400, UNOwen wrote:Yo Bell, why are you voting shelly?

(Also I missed that you actually followed up on the reference yesterday, yes it is a pretty cool pun)
Behavioralism. She's scum reading whoever gives her a hard time and town reads whoever doesn't. Also, I voted her way before she voted me so I can't be omgusing her, when she's omgusing me, but she keeps forgetting that. :P
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:04 am

Post by Bell »

Perhaps better said she's doling out punishments and rewards based on how they're reading her, rather than for any particularly good reason.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:05 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1431, Hopkirk wrote:Which ones? I think I only really commented on pretty obvtown slots?
lol at this entire post but..
In post 1070, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
They townread me without a lot of good reasons and I didn't get great vibes.
..I was responding pretty directly to this, as in, I want to give Hopkirk space to respond to you and not just do what we did to Noraa agin.
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:06 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1432, Bell wrote:And I thought I was late to that particular party.
:lol: But like, why is this the game I literally get free town reads from post 2? The game where getting miselimed is fun and I didn't want to have to make hard decisions late in the game
GTKAMURDERCAT

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:06 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1114, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 1109, Isis wrote::/
hang in there noraa
noraa is right. this game is dumb. everyone is letting lld play dictator and determine everything. thats not good. the people shes "working with" are just egging her on. this is not how town wins games.
It's like, just 2-3 people, one of whom is pretty sus right now. Not sure why everyone's acting defeatist. Ovtown hyperposters being wrong isn't remotely a death sentence.
In post 1125, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1121, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 1119, Tayl0r Swift wrote:its impossible to do much scumhunting while the thread is almost exclusively you dictating what everyone should think.

give me the scroll please. please please. let me kill lld. if we dont kill her now town loses 90%.
I think by far the highest % play as town here is to let LLD work on D1 and use whether or not she lives and what the associations are to hunt afterwards.
DING DING DING

It's almost liek this has been the plan the whole day.
Really interested where your murdercat SR is coming from since I'm SRing the slot if anything.
In post 1133, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 1122, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:MurderCat, what's your take on Taylor here and them trying to shutdown the Hopkirk wagon?
I would be too scared of you as scum to do what tayl0r is doing if you are right about Noraa :lol:

I think Tayl0r often stands up for Noraa here as town and might genuinely feel like she (tayl0r) can't operate how she wants too. I don't think Hopkirk/Tayl0r/Noraa/?/? is the solve because Tayl0r probably just let's hopkirk come back and defend.
Can you post a summary of what I need to defend against? Not interested in this from anyone except murdercat, thanks.
In post 1155, Theta Alpine wrote:i step away for an hour and suddenly we are doing my plan

and yeah okay VOTE: tayl0r swift

we can sort hopkirk later and i am less sure about that
i still think adorable is prob scum but that is not going to be a thing we vote for i guess
You say you're not sure, don't have any lean?
In post 1163, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:hopkirk is not naturally scummy or LHF or disagree with LLD

try again
Can your explain this post? Frist 2/3 only.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:09 am

Post by Bell »

In post 1435, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 1432, Bell wrote:And I thought I was late to that particular party.
:lol: But like, why is this the game I literally get free town reads from post 2? The game where getting miselimed is fun and I didn't want to have to make hard decisions late in the game
For me it's largely pattern recognition and the positions you're choosing to take. On the other hand, maybe you're just really good at dropping town tells as scum. But if so, good job!
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:10 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1436, Hopkirk wrote:Can you post a summary of what I need to defend against? Not interested in this from anyone except murdercat, thanks.
I think you are misunderstanding my frame of reference for these posts. I was not SRing you and still am not, I'm just moving with LLD who I think is town and is also better than me. So it's LLD you should be asking. I am not asking you to defend anything, but LLD is.
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:11 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1437, Bell wrote:For me it's largely pattern recognition and the positions you're choosing to take. On the other hand, maybe you're just really good at dropping town tells as scum. But if so, good job!
You are an alt right? I'm curious if you knew me from 2016. I'd like to think I am good at this, but I don't think I would last that long with this list.
GTKAMURDERCAT

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:16 am

Post by Bell »

I'm a pseudo alt.
I used to go by Remembrance and an alt named Knell.
I took a hiatus during college/cancer diagnosis.
Graduated, looking for job, pandemic, forgot password don't feel like or care about retrieving it.
Here I am. New main.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:19 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 1436, Hopkirk wrote:Can your explain this post? Frist 2/3 only.
it means I think you're a good player
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:19 am

Post by Bell »

I don't, I played around 2012-2013.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:21 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Gotcha. "Widely townread" is not a position I often find myself in, but when I do I'm never quite sure what the difference is.
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:21 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

At least, on D1.
GTKAMURDERCAT

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:22 am

Post by Bell »

The difference between scum reading you as town and town reading you as town?
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:25 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1377, Hopkirk wrote:Shelly/Denek/Mush/LLD/Pooky/Taylor fairly obvtown as of p27.
talk to me about denek and pooky?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:26 am

Post by Bell »

In post 1446, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 1377, Hopkirk wrote:Shelly/Denek/Mush/LLD/Pooky/Taylor fairly obvtown as of p27.
talk to me about denek and pooky?

2nd and Shelly I suppose.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:27 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1445, Bell wrote:The difference between scum reading you as town and town reading you as town?
Probably
GTKAMURDERCAT

Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:28 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1385, shellyc wrote:murder/mush/Taylor/fidget/hopkirk