VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:30 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 220, geraintm wrote:Hot how?
You basically said you were annoyed people were posting too much and offered nothing of substance yourself. Not sure why you're acting angry about people posting.

Plus, there ARE things to comment on. Shelly for instance
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:30 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Alright I’m just going to put this out there. @Koba I’m not getting Townyvibes from you. I really didn’t like your attempt at a derp clear with the Scum not having Day Talk. In fact, anybody who made a direct reference to that should be under some suspicion (I don’t really have a read on VPB but I also noticed a reference there from him). Until it was highlighted, I didn’t even check whether this was the case. Yes, I initially assumed that Scum could speak privately during the day. But the Scum are far more likely to have wanted to communicate and strategize early, only to realize that they couldn’t (as included in the rules). So anybody who realized this probably felt it would be something they could use to clear themselves by making a point out of it. Paranoid? Perhaps. But something to think about.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:31 am

Post by Andresvmb »

I also don’t think shellyc is obvScum. So I was a little confused about the aggressiveness behind .
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:34 am

Post by Andresvmb »

The rule for a shellyc read should be something like - if they’re broadly suspected, Town. If broadly TR, Scum.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:34 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 216, geraintm wrote:I am away for 11 hours and 5 pages of worthless posts to read through on a weekend when I have limited access.
This is going to be a fun game....

I've played with a few people in this game before. If they could be bothered they could explain to the rest my limited posts so far. I'll rather let people talk themselves into a frenzy.

Can we just skip to day 2 already though?
If anybody wants to know why I’m voting where I am, all they have to do is read this post btw.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:04 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 226, Andresvmb wrote:Alright I’m just going to put this out there. @Koba I’m not getting Townyvibes from you. I really didn’t like your attempt at a derp clear with the Scum not having Day Talk. In fact, anybody who made a direct reference to that should be under some suspicion (I don’t really have a read on VPB but I also noticed a reference there from him). Until it was highlighted, I didn’t even check whether this was the case. Yes, I initially assumed that Scum could speak privately during the day. But the Scum are far more likely to have wanted to communicate and strategize early, only to realize that they couldn’t (as included in the rules). So anybody who realized this probably felt it would be something they could use to clear themselves by making a point out of it. Paranoid? Perhaps. But something to think about.
Very confused as to why you're assuming this is one alignment or the other. Most people would assume daytalk (as you did), so that doesn't seem scummy to me.

Scum could try to town point off it, which is why it is NAI
YOUR AD HERE

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:12 am

Post by DkKoba »

are we really going to do this shit again :/ I dont read shit like that. Believe me or not im not interested in discussing it.
and for the record if i had known id have faked it anyways bc i like being townread.
And
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:15 am

Post by DkKoba »

Im not sure how you even see it as alignment indicative in the first place. Yeah sorry i like to say shit like that to obscure my alignment when I do roll scum sorry its an annoying ego gimmick to not read setup mech posts.
Misclicked submit.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:17 am

Post by DkKoba »

and ur read on shellyc doesn't make sense to me. tables are different. Like they LITERALLY are so fucking scummy and you come out with that shit.. then shade the person who started the wagon.. hm
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:18 am

Post by DkKoba »

do you have anything else other than "more sr = town"?
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:18 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 222, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 121, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 119, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 116, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 72, Andresvmb wrote:@DrippingGoofball have you played with Shelly before?
DkKoba is town.
In post 117, DrippingGoofball wrote:Andresvmb might be scum.
Reasons?
Andres is meek, tentative, and self-conscious.

DkKoba is not.
You know, over time, I am becoming more immune to bad takes of my slot. Please point to where I have been self-conscious, or tentative for that matter.
In this post itself :lol:
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:21 am

Post by DkKoba »

vp if ur pocketing me im allowing it... for now.
retired
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:25 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 236, DkKoba wrote:vp if ur pocketing me im allowing it... for now.
I figure one of us is eating the NK tonight after we yeet a scum, so I'm leaving any Koba paranoia I have for later, in the rare circumstance that doesn't happen.
YOUR AD HERE

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:26 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 223, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 132, shellyc wrote:
In post 106, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 104, DkKoba wrote:as a former chat mafia player i find them extremely useful for finding a "baseline" read level to start out with. id still like to see where your general vibes are so i can get a sense where your head is at.
Pretty sure this is mostly just personality/playstyle but

taylor - townish
jackson - townish
shelly - townish
DGB - scummish
gerain - scummish
baltar - scummish
mark - townish
ok hmmmmmm

hot take infinity is scummy and koba is townie
koba is *proactively* solving and poking around, infinity is *reactionary* readslisting
Okay I’m going to actually disagree with this. I think Infinity is Town. I don’t know about Koba yet. Those attempts at early reads lists are reasonably likely to come from Town in my view.
lmao hold up so... i literally outted an ealry reads list first. Are you trying to deliberately misrep me?
The more I read andres posts the less i trust him :oops:
Im removing him from my townleans for now. His insitence on preventing the shellyc wagon on the lowkey feels scummy
retired
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:02 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 225, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 220, geraintm wrote:Hot how?
You basically said you were annoyed people were posting too much and offered nothing of substance yourself. Not sure why you're acting angry about people posting.

Plus, there ARE things to comment on. Shelly for instance
I was just saying that trying to catch up 5 pages at thr weekend when I have little access is a lot for me. And I generally think 99% of day 1 is less than useful.

I cannot be impartial about shelly due to my last game.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:18 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

That's fine, we're eliminating you today to put you out of your misery.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:48 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Shelly does not seem to be lying that she often gets limmed as town and not as scum. Here is an example of shelly being nervous about a wagon on her as town:

Spoiler:
In post 328, shellyc wrote:Megabyte can you explain where I’m fluffposting cause I’m definitely not

Or maybe you need to rethink the definition of it if you think hard pushing = fluffing
In post 359, shellyc wrote:look bob speaks sense. im like, obvtown with the wagons but I cant explain things clearly and that’s my downfall
let me analyse the pushes on me for a minute
golden misrepped and I never backtracked on ydrasse
megabyte says im “FLUFFPOSTING” and uses “shelly rolls scum a shit ton and therefore they’re scum” what tf is that?
osuka is RVS
pooky is apparently because I used the word stats

megabyte / ydrasse contains scum for one, I can see ydrasse telling inactive partner to speak up but throughout there’s no read on mini. I could also see town!mini scum!ydrasse with the effort to make a read from mini (albeit a bad one)
golden is a null, slight gut townlean, I think the misrep was not intentional tbh and spotting it is indicative of solving
I have a lingering scumread with gamma, that interaction with gamma shifting towards me instead of interacting about ydrasse is weird
bob is town. dong is town. osuka is prooooobably town. pooky is a huge null
nothing to say about the rest of the people
In post 408, shellyc wrote:wait what the fuck im at L-1 now

BM is now less town, bob is town, gamma prob!scum as well, gamma completely fails to engage with me in a meaningful way and does not say anything about ydrasse TR other than “effort” and jumping on this town wagon

lack of CW means scum are on this and fairly active while all town are asleep
In post 416, shellyc wrote:Why did you even scum read me

You clearly misrepresented I never backtracked on ydrasse, and i explained the “new scum” thing

Shelly could be big braining us and manipulating her meta that hard, I don't think it'd be a great play though? It requires people putting in effort and believing meta is useful, plus it'd be pretty hard to pull off I think.

However, I find it really odd that people aren't hopping on the shelly wagon immediately, because it seems like it would be something pretty easy for scum to do. If anything, we're seeing a counterpush on gerain. I'd like to have more about what people think of shelly. Vote stays for now.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:53 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 241, Infinity 324 wrote:Shelly does not seem to be lying that she often gets limmed as town and not as scum. Here is an example of shelly being nervous about a wagon on her as town:

Spoiler:
In post 328, shellyc wrote:Megabyte can you explain where I’m fluffposting cause I’m definitely not

Or maybe you need to rethink the definition of it if you think hard pushing = fluffing
In post 359, shellyc wrote:look bob speaks sense. im like, obvtown with the wagons but I cant explain things clearly and that’s my downfall
let me analyse the pushes on me for a minute
golden misrepped and I never backtracked on ydrasse
megabyte says im “FLUFFPOSTING” and uses “shelly rolls scum a shit ton and therefore they’re scum” what tf is that?
osuka is RVS
pooky is apparently because I used the word stats

megabyte / ydrasse contains scum for one, I can see ydrasse telling inactive partner to speak up but throughout there’s no read on mini. I could also see town!mini scum!ydrasse with the effort to make a read from mini (albeit a bad one)
golden is a null, slight gut townlean, I think the misrep was not intentional tbh and spotting it is indicative of solving
I have a lingering scumread with gamma, that interaction with gamma shifting towards me instead of interacting about ydrasse is weird
bob is town. dong is town. osuka is prooooobably town. pooky is a huge null
nothing to say about the rest of the people
In post 408, shellyc wrote:wait what the fuck im at L-1 now

BM is now less town, bob is town, gamma prob!scum as well, gamma completely fails to engage with me in a meaningful way and does not say anything about ydrasse TR other than “effort” and jumping on this town wagon

lack of CW means scum are on this and fairly active while all town are asleep
In post 416, shellyc wrote:Why did you even scum read me

You clearly misrepresented I never backtracked on ydrasse, and i explained the “new scum” thing

Shelly could be big braining us and manipulating her meta that hard, I don't think it'd be a great play though? It requires people putting in effort and believing meta is useful, plus it'd be pretty hard to pull off I think.

However, I find it really odd that people aren't hopping on the shelly wagon immediately, because it seems like it would be something pretty easy for scum to do. If anything, we're seeing a counterpush on gerain. I'd like to have more about what people think of shelly. Vote stays for now.
do u really think shellys goal is to lose every scumgame on this site by having a meta like this? nervousness isnt that hard to fake
retired
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:55 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Relying on people meta'ing you seems like a bad strategy.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:09 am

Post by DkKoba »

On further thought ocams razor says to trust it for now so UNVOTE:
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:14 am

Post by DkKoba »

Im at work so cant really talk much but yhe ger wagon isnt good imo
retired
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:14 am

Post by Glitch »

Sesq has been prodded.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:17 am

Post by DkKoba »

Sesq confirned and didnt post? Lmfao
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:18 am

Post by DkKoba »

VOTE: jackson ill explain in a bit when i can type it up. I believe i hinted at this move earlier but i was hoping to see more info before i transitioned over
retired
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:19 am

Post by VP Baltar »

andres, what's your read on DGB at the moment?
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”