Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5025 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:10 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 5023, Nero Cain wrote:I'm just kinda...idk wow. IDK what to really think. I can get behind the idea that players would be paranoid of two 3p groups working together but I mean there are 4 factions here.

the society
growliths health industry or w/e the fuck a50's group is
king didi's army

and town

so it just boggles my mind what people actually think this setup is.
This is the first time i’ve Seen all the different factions named and this game is even more confusing than I thought.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #5026 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:11 pm

Post by Bell »

Since A50 is just in charge today maybe I should just spend my efforts getting all the different role pm’ and factions together in my head
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5027 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:14 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

we are 200 pages in and u r just now realizing that there are 4 factions?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #5028 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:19 pm

Post by Bell »

Did I not say I was depressed.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5029 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:22 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

y r u depressed?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5030 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

for the record, this is a 12-3-3-5 setup.

I'd really like for players to maybe setup spec a little and hear what they think of the game with 3 other factions that aren't town. I'm a little confused as to what people actully think of what the setup is.

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #5031 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:23 pm

Post by Bell »

Mostly that was a comment on the names of the factions or at least added to it. ESP. In regards to flavor.

It also didn’t click with me that there were 2 extra factions with two different win conditions and that the two factions might have competing alternative win conditions where one is more achievable than the other and may result in less interest in town siding.

Is morning mage another faction? Or just Mason’s?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #5032 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:24 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 5029, Nero Cain wrote:y r u depressed?
Job hunt not going well.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #5033 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:26 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 5030, Nero Cain wrote:for the record, this is a 12-3-3-5 setup.

I'd really like for players to maybe setup spec a little and hear what they think of the game with 3 other factions that aren't town. I'm a little confused as to what people actully think of what the setup is.
Sure, i’ll get around to it in the following two days.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #5034 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by Bell »

Yeah, I definitely just need to write all this stuff out to get it sorted in my head.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5035 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

a50, mage and sb are one faction that say they have the same wincon as the town.

titus, myself and Mastina are a faction that have an alt wincon and we leave the game once we achieve it.

then there is a third faction that MY faction knows is the scum faction.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5036 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

both Math and S_S have been trying to argue that the third faction, king didi's army isn't scum but that's exactly why they are scum. :/

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5037 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:33 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 5024, Nero Cain wrote:you think that the public cop ability is hunting a protown faction?
no, I think it's something that the scumteam is forced to do.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #5038 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:34 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

you guys are posting way too much

but it's also probably partially my own fault for being lazy about following

i'm gonna go to bed but ama and i'll answer in the morning
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5039 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:34 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

ofc the "Math is just stubborn!" chorus shouts through my pts and maybe he is and it's
ME
that's being stubborn but I feel the way I do.

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5040 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:35 pm

In post 5030, Nero Cain wrote:I'd really like for players to maybe setup spec a little and hear what they think of the game with 3 other factions that aren't town. I'm a little confused as to what people actully think of what the setup is.
To clarify: is it true that your faction will always win if the town wins (though not necessarily the other way around)?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5041 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:35 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5037, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5024, Nero Cain wrote:you think that the public cop ability is hunting a protown faction?
no, I think it's something that the scumteam is forced to do.
????

the scumteam is being forced to be cop checked?

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5042 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:37 pm

In post 5036, Nero Cain wrote:both Math and S_S have been trying to argue that the third faction, king didi's army isn't scum but that's exactly why they are scum. :/
I certainly haven't been arguing that. I don't think Math has either.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5043 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:37 pm

In post 5041, Nero Cain wrote:the scumteam is being forced to be cop checked?
Yes. This is very much in line with the previous MBOS games, where the scum were often forced to assign PR's or give other buffs to town.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5044 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:38 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

then I don't really understand you or your thing about the public cop being scum.

who do you this is the scum faction here?

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5045 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:39 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5042, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5036, Nero Cain wrote:both Math and S_S have been trying to argue that the third faction, king didi's army isn't scum but that's exactly why they are scum. :/
I certainly haven't been arguing that. I don't think Math has either.
Technically you’re both right.

I’ve argued they’re scum or 3P. I don’t think they’re town.

I kinda think I have a prevailing theory now but based on advice from superbowl9 not sharing it.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5046 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:40 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

you are very tight lipped this game math

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5047 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:42 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5046, Nero Cain wrote:you are very tight lipped this game math
Is this the part where you change your username to Captain Obvious?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5048 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:45 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I have a q for you Math. You said you believe that a50's faction has the town wincon and that they are pro-town. He has said repeatedly that we are not scum nor a threat to the town. Why is it that you don't believe him about that?

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5049 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:45 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5043, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5041, Nero Cain wrote:the scumteam is being forced to be cop checked?
Yes. This is very much in line with the previous MBOS games, where the scum were often forced to assign PR's or give other buffs to town.
Considering it is in line, that makes more sense with Titus/Nero/Mastina who gave out a tracker.

I am having trouble figuring out how this works with the setup. Let’s assume that’s with the team that is presumed scum King’s Army. Where are the effects of scum? Something is missing here.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”