Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5700 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:04 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I am just gonna pretend the post above didn’t happen. Thanks for the town comment though.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5701 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5680, MathBlade wrote:
In post 5677, Nero Cain wrote:you guys really feel like DS going ham when I accused him of bussing is town?
What is “going ham”?
In post 3596, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3592, MathBlade wrote:It was an argument of if there was scum it’s Pickaxe.
but why him and not any of the three players @ the end? that's where I'd expect to find scum if there were any.
In post 3602, DiamondSentinel wrote:Ugh, then tell them to shape up. They're getting on my nerves.
In post 5169, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 4971, Nero Cain wrote:Why is DS town, SB? I felt like his "oh I'm so annoyed @ Nero!" b/c I feel like there's a good chance that scum bussed Gamma and it came from 1 or more of TPG, Chemist or DS. I mean you could argue that DS actully reacting was a town reaction as where chemist and TPG just totally ignored it (at least I think but I don't ever remember a reaction.)
Are you blind or dumb? Or illiterate?

I was defending gamma and was leading the counter wagon. If you’re going to claim I’m scum, at least fucking read instead of speaking out your ass.
In post 5179, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 5174, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 5169, DiamondSentinel wrote:I was defending gamma and was leading the counter wagon.
and you should be town read for that?
Your reasoning for scum reading was literally “gamma was being bussed by one of someone, someone, and DS”.

I get it. You don’t actually care about internal consistency. But still.

Also, @A50. I’m done dealing with this shit (this shit not concerning you). We need to start weeding through these 3P. I won’t be egocentric and say it had to be Nero, but I think that you being a king for a day would be a solid opportunity to sort through it.
In post 5198, DiamondSentinel wrote:Alright Nero. I think I’ve figured it out. If you’re not scum, then you must actually have 2 split personalities that share no information between the two. That is the only way that there could be such a massive disparity and lack of consistency between the shit you spew.
In post 5227, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 5225, Nero Cain wrote:the guy accused me of being inconsistent and then can't back it up then argues that b/c it was a "lolhammer" it couldn't have been a scum bud hammering a scumbud for town cred.
Bro, you’re raising gaslighting to an art form.

I’ve pointed out multiple ways that you were inconsistent. Hopefully the other players graduated from kindergarten and learned to read, unlike you.

This shit’s kept me up for longer than I should have let it. Good riddance.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5702 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5699, mastina wrote:That you, Mathblade, Pickaxe Pete, and DiamondSentinel, in spite of participating in this paranoia-behavior, are all town
do NOT lump me in with this crazy lady
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5703 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:10 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 5699, mastina wrote:
In post 5395, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5392, Nero Cain wrote:scum HAVE to break the hood up. They know they can't hunt outside of the hood b/c any lynches outside of the hood just result in them being POEd.
how can this be true? wouldn't the game be absurdly townsided if this were the case?
The thing is.

I feel like the game was designed, by the moderator, with the expectation that both three-man third parties would not trust each other and that the town wouldn't trust both of them, that the town would trust either neither of them or only one of them.

If the game was designed where the town wouldn't trust both 3-man 3ps as town, and that the 3ps wouldn't trust each other, then the setup makes a lot of sense. That distrust in one another means that no massive townbloc forms and that the scum cannot be easily poe'd.

But
with
the mutual trust going on, with all six of the 3ps trusting each other to be basically conftown, and the town at large largely trusting them to be conftown...it was probably not designed to happen that way, but with it having happened that way, scum are in a position where they can be easily POE'd.

Thus, it is within scum's best interest to try literally every tactic to break up the townbloc, to make the 6+ conftown try to think of each other not as conftown, to regain suspicion on them. If scum succeeded at this, then poe wouldn't condemn them; the setup would have less information confirmed, the scum could hide much easier.

Which is why that sort of paranoia is incredibly antitown and pro-scum.

I happen to be of the opinion that of the players doing it, the only one actually scum is DDL.
That you, Mathblade, Pickaxe Pete, and DiamondSentinel, in spite of participating in this paranoia-behavior, are all town.

But the suspicion on your slots for shading people that should be treated as conftown is understandable because
shading the people that should be treated as conftown is
literally the only way scum can win this game
Let's bring this to the next page for emphasis.

The tl;dr:
I feel the setup was designed for the town/3p1/3p2 to not trust each other.
By and large, the town/3p1/3p2 ended up trusting each other--due to the setup not being designed for this, it is inherently townsided as a consequence due to a massive "town"bloc forming.
Scum can easily be poe'd because there are at least seven names that their only respite from is to nightkill them, because those seven names cannot be eliminated during the day due to having formed a "town"bloc.

The only way scum can prevent this is by shading/doubtcasting/ceding paranoia about the "town"bloc and trying to make them less town than they are--thus
doing this is a pro-scum move, and if you have done it,
this is largely why suspicion on your slot has grown
But while I recognize the antitownness of the behavior, I happen to think the majority of the people doing it, contrary to those who're suspicious of the behavior and think it makes the slots scum, are town, town who don't realize the consequences as outlined above.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5704 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:13 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

counterpoint: S_S's claim to fame is a mechanical wiz. Do you really feel like town him wouldn't recognize what the setup is designed as?

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5705 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:13 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Mastina, there’s not enough words or hugs or anything that make me wish you didn’t post those last two posts. There’s no fuckin way I can save this game now. Wow. Just wow.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5706 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:14 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 5699, mastina wrote:I feel like the game was designed, by the moderator, with the expectation that both three-man third parties would not trust each other and that the town wouldn't trust both of them, that the town would trust either neither of them or only one of them.
Why is that?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5707 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:14 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5701, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 5680, MathBlade wrote:
In post 5677, Nero Cain wrote:you guys really feel like DS going ham when I accused him of bussing is town?
What is “going ham”?
In post 3596, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3592, MathBlade wrote:It was an argument of if there was scum it’s Pickaxe.
but why him and not any of the three players @ the end? that's where I'd expect to find scum if there were any.
In post 3602, DiamondSentinel wrote:Ugh, then tell them to shape up. They're getting on my nerves.
In post 5169, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 4971, Nero Cain wrote:Why is DS town, SB? I felt like his "oh I'm so annoyed @ Nero!" b/c I feel like there's a good chance that scum bussed Gamma and it came from 1 or more of TPG, Chemist or DS. I mean you could argue that DS actully reacting was a town reaction as where chemist and TPG just totally ignored it (at least I think but I don't ever remember a reaction.)
Are you blind or dumb? Or illiterate?

I was defending gamma and was leading the counter wagon. If you’re going to claim I’m scum, at least fucking read instead of speaking out your ass.
In post 5179, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 5174, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 5169, DiamondSentinel wrote:I was defending gamma and was leading the counter wagon.
and you should be town read for that?
Your reasoning for scum reading was literally “gamma was being bussed by one of someone, someone, and DS”.

I get it. You don’t actually care about internal consistency. But still.

Also, @A50. I’m done dealing with this shit (this shit not concerning you). We need to start weeding through these 3P. I won’t be egocentric and say it had to be Nero, but I think that you being a king for a day would be a solid opportunity to sort through it.
In post 5198, DiamondSentinel wrote:Alright Nero. I think I’ve figured it out. If you’re not scum, then you must actually have 2 split personalities that share no information between the two. That is the only way that there could be such a massive disparity and lack of consistency between the shit you spew.
In post 5227, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 5225, Nero Cain wrote:the guy accused me of being inconsistent and then can't back it up then argues that b/c it was a "lolhammer" it couldn't have been a scum bud hammering a scumbud for town cred.
Bro, you’re raising gaslighting to an art form.

I’ve pointed out multiple ways that you were inconsistent. Hopefully the other players graduated from kindergarten and learned to read, unlike you.

This shit’s kept me up for longer than I should have let it. Good riddance.
I will give Diamond Sentinel a solid review later. Promise.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #5708 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by Bell »

Suddenly, I am missing from Mastina's posts and even I think from a quote edit of morning's and
I feel like later Mastina's going to do a post-reveal about why I'm town or something.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5709 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:20 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 5704, Nero Cain wrote:counterpoint: S_S's claim to fame is a mechanical wiz. Do you really feel like town him wouldn't recognize what the setup is designed as?
It's not about recognition; it's not as though my mechanical aptitude grants me the superpower of knowing what the point of the setup is. I have to guess just like everyone else. It's just that my guesses are more informed than a lot of people's, and I think it's likely that a faction with this much control over the game was given that control because it has its own goals it has to accomplish that are not exactly in line with everyone else's.

That said. I have liked mastina's posts today far more than I liked them yesterday, and in particular I find them far less manipulative and authoritarian. Nero too, though his opinion of me is a bit silly, has seemed reasonably genuine. So I'm mostly at a point where I'm fine with cooperating with the hood, just also keeping an eye on them.

But I definitely don't want to see you guys try to strongarm something else like you did with April. If you do that, expect some pushback from me.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5710 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:24 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5708, Bell wrote:Suddenly, I am missing from Mastina's posts and even I think from a quote edit of morning's and
I feel like later Mastina's going to do a post-reveal about why I'm town or something.
Just let it go. Focus on non hood.

I have kinda accepted they’re just gonna do stupid things.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #5711 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:26 pm

Post by Bell »

K, I'm gunna go make that list now.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5712 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:26 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

i feel the same way about u

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5713 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:27 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5712, Nero Cain wrote:i feel the same way about u
Some things. Some things never change.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5714 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:28 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

strongly agree

DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5715 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

If I have a vote this day I would vote mastina
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5716 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:30 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

I frankly don't think donatellos army is as big of a threat as the "conf town 3p crew"
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5717 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Hey Titus can i has one of those things you gave A50 to smash DDL with please?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5718 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:33 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

Jeez. You're like actually throwing at this point, no? It's nearly impossible to not see you as scum RN.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5719 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:34 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

i'll give u 1 later

DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5720 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:34 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

Sure, if you like slamming town. Like this lobby has been so unplesant to play with I'm having very little investment into the game
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5721 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:34 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5718, DiamondSentinel wrote:Jeez. You're like actually throwing at this point, no? It's nearly impossible to not see you as scum RN.
Lmao turn about is fair play I suppose for my diamond context earlier.

I know you meant DDL but karma is hilarious.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5722 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:35 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

these arms are made for dancing not throwing.

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5723 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:35 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 5486, superbowl9 wrote:Tbf, i feel like a lot of this game has been whataboutisms recently. “Oh what if xyz thing is true about the alliance? What if we tried to elim outside mod confirmed scum? What if we didn’t protect our confirmed town?”
I feel like i am fighting just to maintain occam’s razor here
For the record, superbowl9, I didn't know you well before this game but seeing you in this game you're a pretty awesome player. :P
I vibe with you a lot here. <3
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5724 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:35 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

If you scum read me wrong it's your perogative don't take it out on me

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”