Post Post #2350 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:16 am

Post by Umlaut »

Vote Count 3.1

OutWorldER
(1):
PookyTheMagicalBear
(1):

Not voting
(7): Thestatusquo, Panzerjager, Gamma Emerald, Blitzo, Not_Mafia, Kasumeat, PookyTheMagicalBear

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to yeet someone.

Deadline
: (expired on 2020-11-04 16:30:00)
Last edited by Umlaut on Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2351 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:09 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

The bulge going after me is very predictable for scum bulge.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #2352 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:12 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

And I'm happy to vote outworldER again, who I voted most of yesterday. lol@bulges narrative. Looks like's trying to bus his buddy and then move that onto me pretty hard huh?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #2353 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:13 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2325, The Bulge wrote:actually while we're here i should note that shea did indeed "just let the game continue" and moved onto other things I called him out in 1718.
Yeah because you're point made no sense. Saying someone is letting something slide when they literally were the one who called it out to everyone and literally are still voting for it is just one of the dumbest attacks I've ever heard in a game of mafia. Please try something else.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #2354 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:16 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I think I missed why outworldER was forced to claim in the first place. Can someone tell me?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #2355 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:18 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2338, The Bulge wrote:
In post 2328, Blitzo wrote:Bulge who's your third right now?
tbh when I said that I had you in mind, but I'm less sure of my third pick now after reading more and especially after today's events. probably going to start reading again with outworld's claim in mind
"tbh I was thinking of you but now that you're interested in my theories I'm gunna try to pocket you instead considering literally nothing had changed between formulating the list of 3 and now when I'm answering this question lololol"
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2356 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:20 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

OWER softed PR d2 and I figured with 2 flipped town PRs and there also being the neighborhood, it would be good to get a hard claim today
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #2357 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:25 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2353, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 2325, The Bulge wrote:actually while we're here i should note that shea did indeed "just let the game continue" and moved onto other things I called him out in 1718.
Yeah because you're point made no sense. Saying someone is letting something slide when they literally were the one who called it out to everyone and literally are still voting for it is just one of the dumbest attacks I've ever heard in a game of mafia. Please try something else.
If I end up dying at any point please look back at this attack with extreme suspicion. Accusing someone of "letting something slide" when they are literally still voting for the thing and had made the original point calling it out to the towns attention is exactly the kind of attack you make to shift pressure from your buddy to someone else and sets up a nice one too bus into townie elim if you need to do that later.

It doesn't make any fucking sense, and given that the bulge hasn't responded to any of the other times I have said something was scummy and then backed off because I thought something else was scummy (which is arguably a better example of actually letting something slide) which is something I actually have done multiple times this game (as do all town in all mafia games because thats how people who don't have information play.) its worth noting this specific instance.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #2358 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:36 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2356, Gamma Emerald wrote:OWER softed PR d2 and I figured with 2 flipped town PRs and there also being the neighborhood, it would be good to get a hard claim today
I guess what I'm struggling with here is

1) Mafia is in a great position in this game and it doesn't make a lot of sense for them to pull a big fake claim gambit. Maybe they know something we don't and I'm not trying to outguess the mod but it doesn't seem like the kind of play scum would make right now. It is, as someone pointed out, the kind of play that would make if they felt they needed to take risks in order to win the game. Maybe they do think that because a lot of people were suspicious of them yesterday so they're feeling more panicked than I would feel in a game which had started with two miselims.

2) The role doesn't make a lot of sense for scum claim because as mentioned it just buys one more day which doesn't necessarily seem like a smart trade for the scum to make if they think they can get another miselim today, but maybe it's bulge trying to soft clear himself and ride that to victory. That doesn't make that much sense to me given game state though.

3) The ramifications of this on my thoughts are kind of interesting because if outworldER ends up being town (for the thoughts mentioned above) then it doesn't make a lot of sense for the bulge to try to miselim in order to push onto me unless he thinks he can make me look bad by also getting me to vote outworldER and then set up the elim for tomorrow.

4) I wish people would stop saying the "why is shea not dead" argument because its clear that the scum have a very vested interest in keeping me alive by the very nature of the question because they can get an easy miselim on me if people keep making that stupid argument. Making that argument is essentially throwing because from your perspective if I am town you're basically gift wrapping a miselim. Clearly my reads have been garbage this game and that is also a very real reason to leave me alive. I'm actually not very good at town. I don't know why people keep implying I am.

5) If we're going to elim me for this stupid reasoning we should do it today so that at least this stupid WIFOM argument doesn't lose us the game in MYLO. Obviously I prefer we don't do this but if this is really something that you're thinking as town please don't do it tomorrow. Scum will not kill me specifically so this argument makes sense.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #2359 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:39 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Can someone point me to the post with the soft claim in it?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #2360 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:41 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Also does someone have a not_mafia scum game they know off the top of their head so I can take a look at it?

If not I'll just dive his posts myself.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2361 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:44 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2061, OutWorldER wrote:I have to be honest that I've just kind of lost interest in the game. I've considered replacing out but ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'd rather just die tbh even though I should probably give more of a shit considering my role
Here. This actually makes sense given the exact claim at least.

I kinda wanna vote bulge rn, he's seemed consistently sus, and came out quite strong today so his death is gonna probably put a few things solidly in place if he's scum

anyway, what is the thoughts on massclaim? We are in limlo-1 rn so it's the best scenario to do it probably
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2362 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:45 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2360, Thestatusquo wrote:Also does someone have a not_mafia scum game they know off the top of their head so I can take a look at it?

He actually just finished one, and it was kinda similar to this one
<Embrace The Void>

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #2363 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:46 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

TBF I don't think it makes THAT much sense given the role. It feels like if you become conf town at some point you just wouldn't soft at all.

Why would you risk drawing a NK and risk drawing pressure from town the next day if you just had to avoid that for a little longer to become confirmed?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #2364 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:46 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2362, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2360, Thestatusquo wrote:Also does someone have a not_mafia scum game they know off the top of their head so I can take a look at it?

Which one is it?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #2365 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:49 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2363, Thestatusquo wrote:TBF I don't think it makes THAT much sense given the role. It feels like if you become conf town at some point you just wouldn't soft at all.

Why would you risk drawing a NK and risk drawing pressure from town the next day if you just had to avoid that for a little longer to become confirmed?
And why wouldn't scum NK that soft claim?

I guess that maybe if the player they killed had reads that are REALLY dangerous to them they'd leave "I am an important PR" in the game.

It all kind of becomes WIFOM at some point.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #2366 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:55 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2357, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 2353, Thestatusquo wrote:
If I end up dying at any point please look back at this attack with extreme suspicion. Accusing someone of "letting something slide" when they are literally still voting for the thing and had made the original point calling it out to the towns attention is exactly the kind of attack you make to shift pressure from your buddy to someone else and sets up a nice one too bus into townie elim if you need to do that later.

It doesn't make any fucking sense, and given that the bulge hasn't responded to any of the other times I have said something was scummy and then backed off because I thought something else was scummy (which is arguably a better example of actually letting something slide) which is something I actually have done multiple times this game (as do all town in all mafia games because thats how people who don't have information play.) its worth noting this specific instance.
The more I think about this I think that multiple times this game I've found the bulge suspicious and then backed off because something else grabbed my attention. Including voting him and then moving on. It's extremely weird that he would latch onto this and not the multiple times I've let him slide this game because I wanted to vote elsewhere. When I think an action is scummy I tend to think its even MORE scummy when its done to me than when its done to others. I don't understand if this is something that the bulge thinks is scummy from me why he wouldn't have picked up on the several times I did it to him.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2367 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:56 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2364, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 2362, Gamma Emerald wrote:

Which one is it?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84322
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2368 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:44 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=83926
btw I think I should also link a NM town game, while he was still ineffectual it wasn't in a way that directly felt like he was a malefactor
<Embrace The Void>

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2369 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:55 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Here's another town game

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=84282
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Kasumeat
Kasumeat
Goon
Kasumeat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2370 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:24 am

Post by Kasumeat »

While we're talking about meta, here's a recent town game of mine for you guys to check out: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84467
I think you'll find that I've been extremely consistent with it this game.

Gamma, I don't see any difference whatsoever in those two games that you posted. What is more maleficent about the first?

On the other hand, town NM in 84282, the one that NM himself is linking here, is way more active than I've ever seen from him.
Kasumeat
Kasumeat
Goon
Kasumeat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2371 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:26 am

Post by Kasumeat »

Gamma now that you've shared those games, what are you thoughts on NM? And Panzer and Pooky.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2372 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:33 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I feel like NM’s pushes and general play this game seem more like how he was in the normal vs. the theme game, with how he seems vaguely workable but isn’t actually being reasonable
In the other game his motives were super-abstract but it didn’t feel like he was keeping that same facade of being somewhat talkable-to

As for those other 2, Panzer I still distrust but I need to review flips and see where I think he stands given them. Pooky I still think is town meta-wise because my gut hasn’t been proven wrong yet I think, but just generally I’m a bit leery of
<Embrace The Void>

Kasumeat
Kasumeat
Goon
Kasumeat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2373 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:38 am

Post by Kasumeat »

In post 2339, Kasumeat wrote: Gamma
Pooky
one of NM, Panzer, and Bulge

In order of confidence. Need to go to bed now but will elaborate and take a better look at the bottom three tomorrow.
And just to follow up on this, my Gamma case I made pretty clear already and nothing about past Night and Day makes me like him any more.
VOTE: Gamma

Pooky hasn't done much lately that I've actively found scummy but on the other hand he seems content just to sit back and not contribute much now that there's no pressure on him.
Kasumeat
Kasumeat
Goon
Kasumeat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2374 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:49 am

Post by Kasumeat »

In post 2372, Gamma Emerald wrote:I feel like NM’s pushes and general play this game seem more like how he was in the normal vs. the theme game, with how he seems vaguely workable but isn’t actually being reasonable
In the other game his motives were super-abstract but it didn’t feel like he was keeping that same facade of being somewhat talkable-to

As for those other 2, Panzer I still distrust but I need to review flips and see where I think he stands given them. Pooky I still think is town meta-wise because my gut hasn’t been proven wrong yet I think, but just generally I’m a bit leery of
Going through NM's ISOs, I'm not seeing that at all. The game NM himself posted actually looks like a reason to meta read NM as scum here, but your examples do not.

This is yet another push from Gamma I really hate.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”