Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6200 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:06 am

Post by Something_Smart »

However if you think that DDL is the scummiest in the group and want to leave him so the 3p's can get their wincon off of him, then you should feel only a mild inclination to shoot in the group.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6201 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:08 am

Oh, I should have kept reading lol.

Weird to ask for the input of three people and then decide before hearing from any of them.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #6202 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:09 am

Post by Titus »

In post 6200, Something_Smart wrote:However if you think that DDL is the scummiest in the group and want to leave him so the 3p's can get their wincon off of him, then you should feel only a mild inclination to shoot in the group.
?

A50 already executed DDL
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6203 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:10 am

I know that NOW
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #6204 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:11 am

Post by Bell »

Not really, it seems to make sense from a social sense.
It's annoying to be nagged.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6205 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:11 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 6100, Almost50 wrote:I want to give the "other" 3P group a good chance to win too, so THAT is why I am considering leaving ddl alive to be D4's elimination.
uhhh what? what wincons are these exactly?
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6206 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:15 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 6197, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 6089, superbowl9 wrote:DO NOT EXECUTE OUTSIDE THE CONF GROUP UNLESS YOU DENY BASIC MATH OR ARE TRYING TO LOSE THE GAME
He has very good reasoning in that post, did you even read it?
Yes I read the post and saw the faulty logic behind it. I can post a diagram for you if you want because you don’t seem to understand
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #6207 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:17 am

Post by Bell »

In post 6205, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 6100, Almost50 wrote:I want to give the "other" 3P group a good chance to win too, so THAT is why I am considering leaving ddl alive to be D4's elimination.
It's the win con.
You know.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #6208 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:17 am

Post by Titus »

In post 6205, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
We move closer to our wincon if we are on every scum elimination. A50s execute is not elimination.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6209 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:22 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

hmmm i dont like being blatantly lied to about 3ps wincons, but at the same time, it seems like both 3ps know each other's wincons and both are still saying town aligned so probably hiding the info from scum rather than town.

as for the other bit: without knowing the wincons its hard to suggest that we dont just shoot scum. that said if you do decide to leave DDL for tomorrow, then probably shoot chemist because the claim doesnt add up.

pedit: what exactly is the wincon and what happens if you arent on every scum elimination?
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6210 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:22 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

hmmm i dont like being blatantly lied to about 3ps wincons, but at the same time, it seems like both 3ps know each other's wincons and both are still saying town aligned so probably hiding the info from scum rather than town.

as for the other bit: without knowing the wincons its hard to suggest that we dont just shoot scum. that said if you do decide to leave DDL for tomorrow, then probably shoot chemist because the claim doesnt add up.

pedit: what exactly is the wincon and what happens if you arent on every scum elimination?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6211 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:22 am

In post 6206, superbowl9 wrote:Yes I read the post and saw the faulty logic behind it. I can post a diagram for you if you want because you don’t seem to understand
I typed out a response to this but then I realized that it would accomplish nothing except start another stupid argument.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #6212 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:23 am

Post by Bell »

DDL is already dead.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #6213 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:27 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 6201, Something_Smart wrote:Oh, I should have kept reading lol.

Weird to ask for the input of three people and then decide before hearing from any of them.
sb kind of intimidated me.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6214 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:28 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

yes i now see that ddl is dead. the perils of posting as you catch up rather than after youve read everything. well i think this was the correct move.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6215 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:29 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 6213, Almost50 wrote:
In post 6201, Something_Smart wrote:Oh, I should have kept reading lol.

sb kind of intimidated me.
why was that discussion in this thread rather than in your PT?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #6216 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:32 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 6210, Tayl0r Swift wrote:pedit: what exactly is the wincon and what happens if you arent on every scum elimination?
You don't need to know the "exact" win con, but suffice it to say it's a points system and they gain points by
accomplishing certain objectives that coincide with town's best interest and go against Scum's

DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6217 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:36 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

Why bother neighborizing another in your council? You’ve already got A50 who can bridge between your factions
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #6218 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:37 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 6215, Tayl0r Swift wrote:why was that discussion in this thread rather than in your PT?
There was nothing left to hide from anyone. I needed the public opinion and he reiterated the same argument, and Math backed him up (but I don't blame him because Math doesn't know "everything"). Titus started getting cold feet too because ddl was almost unanimous, so I figured maybe leaving ddl till later may backfire.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #6219 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:39 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 6217, DiamondSentinel wrote:Why bother neighborizing another in your council? You’ve already got A50 who can bridge between your factions
Time-zones is one factor. They won't have to wait for me to show up and read either PT to convey questions/suggestions to the other, wait for a response and then relay said response back to the first PT.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6220 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:42 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6218, Almost50 wrote:
In post 6215, Tayl0r Swift wrote:why was that discussion in this thread rather than in your PT?
There was nothing left to hide from anyone. I needed the public opinion and he reiterated the same argument, and Math backed him up (but I don't blame him because Math doesn't know "everything"). Titus started getting cold feet too because ddl was almost unanimous, so I figured maybe leaving ddl till later may backfire.
Lmao when did I claim to know everything?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6221 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:44 am

Post by jjh927 »

A50-

Correct mechanical play with regard to lynches is always a bit of a strange one and I don[t think it needs to be entirely mechanical. Right now, I think you have a very strong grasp on the gamestate- certainly much stronger than mine at this time- and your thoughts are well reasoned. I think you're probably more likely to hit scum on your judgment here than we would be with a conventional lynch, quite frankly- assuming we explicitly ignored going for DDL. You also have sight of more of the mechanical pieces in play than I do, so I'd guess it's best to discuss that with Mastina in the hood rather than getting my opinion on that.

Now, the 'correct' theoretical play obviously changes because you're looking to keep that 3p group sweet with that whole lynch thing. Do they want you to keep DDL for them? If so, I'd say that's the correct play. That's the best compromise.
Technically you could capitulate even further, but that's a bad call- you see, if you took out Pickaxe Pete despite townreading him, with the intention of flipping him as town, it would make it more clear that DDL was scum. That, however, is stupid- this line of reasoning is more here to evidence that offering a likely scum as an option to the other 3p group rather than just lynching there is technically a concession in terms of optimal play for town.

I'm not really confident at all on Chemist's alignment here- if anything I would lean town there. I think Shelly was actually conftowned mechanically by the disloyal thing and don't think that should be disregarded as easily as it has been.

At this stage, I think the scumteam is most likely to be DDL, Taylor, DS, and one of TGP and S_S.
I think you should shoot DDL if the other 3Ps don't care if you leave DDL for them or not, and go with your gut otherwise. I'd feel better if your reads were aligned with mine, but my reads aren't even entirely aligned with mine right now so yours are probably more accurate.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6222 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:44 am

Post by jjh927 »

Hey so I saw in the PEdits there that DDL is already dead

cool stuff
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6223 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:50 am

Post by MathBlade »

^ Scum who knows Chemist flips town?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #6224 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:51 am

Post by Bell »