Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:22 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 599, geraintm wrote:I'm not sure I understand the point of that question?
What I'm saying is that we shouldn't rely on possible Cops or anything because we're not promised them. We have no idea what PR's we have and thus we play accordingly.

If we do not remove one person now, they could end up being the one lynch that ends the game in a mafia victory. Slight exaggeration of course but I'm trying to make a point as to not waste D1. The way I see lynches, we aim to lynch scum but lynching a scummy town isn't that bad as it closes the poe. If we don't lynch we have a wider poe for the following day making it much easier for scum to hide amongst them.

If I'm making zero sense I'll try to reword
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:24 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Just fyi, as site meta, we've moved away from using the word lynch.

Yeet or eliminate are good substitutions.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:42 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

For players: we encourage players to use alternate words such as eliminate as well, but we will not be policing the use. Game moderators are welcome to set up their own rules on the subject.
I am still allowed to use the word, it's just suggested that we don't and/or it's up to mod discretion.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:43 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

@VP do you agree or disagree with what I said regarding

wiki // GTKAS
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:51 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 602, JacksonVirgo wrote:
For players: we encourage players to use alternate words such as eliminate as well, but we will not be policing the use. Game moderators are welcome to set up their own rules on the subject.
I am still allowed to use the word, it's just suggested that we don't and/or it's up to mod discretion.
For sure. Just asking you to consider how other people might feel about it
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:53 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 603, JacksonVirgo wrote:@VP do you agree or disagree with what I said regarding
I'm not in favor of no yeet D1. Even a blind policy yeet like No Mafia is better for town. Even if you are incorrect, you gain info later in the game via wagon analysis
YOUR AD HERE

geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:08 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 601, VP Baltar wrote:Just fyi, as site meta, we've moved away from using the word lynch.

did not know that.
In post 600, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 599, geraintm wrote:I'm not sure I understand the point of that question?
What I'm saying is that we shouldn't rely on possible Cops or anything because we're not promised them. We have no idea what PR's we have and thus we play accordingly.

If we do not remove one person now, they could end up being the one lynch that ends the game in a mafia victory. Slight exaggeration of course but I'm trying to make a point as to not waste D1. The way I see lynches, we aim to lynch scum but lynching a scummy town isn't that bad as it closes the poe. If we don't lynch we have a wider poe for the following day making it much easier for scum to hide amongst them.

If I'm making zero sense I'll try to reword
no, no cops for sure. but town will have more info by the end of the game than now. there are other roles that gather info for town than just cops.
and not killing them now means the end game gets delayed by a death, giving towns info gaining roles more time to actually work. if not killing day 1 gives an average of half an extra night's play, I like that.

you say scum have a wider body to hide in tomorrow if we don't push more now. but they also have less people they need to kill.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:26 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 583, JacksonVirgo wrote:Koba: Scum always pushes me lol
Me: Pushes them
Koba: They must be dumb town, scum would never push me
Are you saying you're scum?
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:57 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 562, shellyc wrote:Taylor you seem to be on the periphery of things. Like when this whole koba vs. shelly thing happened you started SRing infinity for reasons that you disagree with their takes, and when this whole koba vs. jackson thing happened you started pushing DGB

It doesn't sit well with me and seems like to avoid conflicts and do some poking in the less focused-on slots so you stay under the radar
im very very overgamed atm so im a bit lurky everywhere. i feel like its town indicative for me to be doing my own sorting rather than just sheeping though? and i weighed in on koba vs jackson, saying that i agree with JV that koba has an unpleasant playstyle but im not sure its AI.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:03 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 590, shellyc wrote:
In post 581, JacksonVirgo wrote:Confidence is thinking you have the right reads
Discrediting is where you destroy someones rep so that nobody will listen to what people say.
I think I have a right SR on people and start pushing said person. Destroying reputation is a very similar thing to attacking someone?
no. attacking someone's argument is fine: "you said x, and here's why scum would be more likely to say x"
discrediting someone is a shitty thing to do "youre dumb" "clearly im better than you so people shouldnt listen to you"

do you see how koba is doing the second one?
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:03 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 601, VP Baltar wrote:Just fyi, as site meta, we've moved away from using the word lynch.

or lunch
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:14 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I don't see the point of lunch

A) It doesn't make sense
B) Everyone will just think of lynch when they read it so it defeats the purpose

It's the same as posting the n word with a 1 instead of an I to circumvent the filter
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:16 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

so theres at least one scum in {shelly, dkkoba} based on their buddy-buddy interactions. im leaning towards either shelly or both. i think theres probably two scum in {infinity, koba, shelly} but not all three. i could see all three scum being in {infinity, shellly, koba, gerain}
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:24 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 610, Tayl0r Swift wrote:

or lunch
fixing dat autocorrect prob
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:25 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 612, Tayl0r Swift wrote:so theres at least one scum in {shelly, dkkoba} based on their buddy-buddy interactions. im leaning towards either shelly or both. i think theres probably two scum in {infinity, koba, shelly} but not all three. i could see all three scum being in {infinity, shellly, koba, gerain}
This is a hot take indeed.
YOUR AD HERE

Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:28 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

oh but dgb is in this game and also a scumlean, so add her to the "could see all three scum being in" bin
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:51 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 597, geraintm wrote:
In post 595, JacksonVirgo wrote: I understand where you're coming from but we should still try our hardest D1 as it's wasted utility otherwise.
is it though? like 99% of day 1s end in town getting lynched, I am all for no lynch day 1 and only losing one member of town.
or I'm happy to pick straws to see who is day 1 sacrifice. it will have a better chance of catching scum than actually voting.
In day 1, you get a ton of info from wagons and who people are and aren't willing to vote. One of the reasons why town has so much more info on d2 than d1 is for that reason. Also, like jackson pointed out, the player who was elimmed on d1 is more likely to get elimmed later (and generally not NKed). I'd like you to give some thoughts on who you think might be town/scum and why, if only because it will help others play the game.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:38 am

Post by DkKoba »

ok i got what i wanted.

tayl0r is scum imo and their open ended reads are phrased in such a way that allows for them to switch them. Its fairly obvious alongside their tone being scummy.

Their 5050 is pretty bullshit and just targets high activity slots.
poes like that early on are scummy.

also not mafia if ur not gonna post anything game advancing why even play. Players like u annoy the hell out of me bc u dont play to win u just play to piss other ppl off. On my home site youd have already been banned playing like thism already has to deal with a player like u in a recent game im not in the mood to do it again.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:39 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Sell me on taylor, not seeing it
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:41 am

Post by DkKoba »

VOTE: taylor
i...just explained it.
Literally iso them and read them urself. Make ur own conclusions. I'll explain more if you tell me what u see.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:42 am

Post by DkKoba »

also im not done with zdenek slot but that vote was to get tayl0r to spew more so i can be sure of my read on them + get them to form associatives if scum.
retired
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:42 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Taylor and geraint is town
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:43 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 609, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 590, shellyc wrote:
In post 581, JacksonVirgo wrote:Confidence is thinking you have the right reads
Discrediting is where you destroy someones rep so that nobody will listen to what people say.
I think I have a right SR on people and start pushing said person. Destroying reputation is a very similar thing to attacking someone?
no. attacking someone's argument is fine: "you said x, and here's why scum would be more likely to say x"
discrediting someone is a shitty thing to do "youre dumb" "clearly im better than you so people shouldnt listen to you"

do you see how koba is doing the second one?
I really dont care what u think. I can townread someone shitpushibg me ty
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:44 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 602, JacksonVirgo wrote:
i wish i scumread u bc u are so insensitive abt why it was changed. Shame i care more abt winning than a grudge tho
retired
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:49 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 619, DkKoba wrote:VOTE: taylor
i...just explained it.
Literally iso them and read them urself. Make ur own conclusions. I'll explain more if you tell me what u see.
I don't agree they're open ended, she literally said scum is likely 3 out of a group of 4. Don't see why targeting high activity slots or PoE is scummy, even this early (I love PoE). I get there's a playstyle barrier here, do your best to explain it. My only read on taylor is a light townlean since in a recently finished scum game she seemed to care more about what people thought of her.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”