Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:59 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 624, Infinity 324 wrote:I don't agree they're open ended, she literally said scum is likely 3 out of a group of 4. Don't see why targeting high activity slots or PoE is scummy, even this early (I love PoE). I get there's a playstyle barrier here, do your best to explain it. My only read on taylor is a light townlean since in a recently finished scum game she seemed to care more about what people thought of her.
Curious why you see this slot as townlean when she called you scum for pretty weak ass reasons.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:04 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 625, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 624, Infinity 324 wrote:I don't agree they're open ended, she literally said scum is likely 3 out of a group of 4. Don't see why targeting high activity slots or PoE is scummy, even this early (I love PoE). I get there's a playstyle barrier here, do your best to explain it. My only read on taylor is a light townlean since in a recently finished scum game she seemed to care more about what people thought of her.
Curious why you see this slot as townlean when she called you scum for pretty weak ass reasons.
A game we were in together just finished where I was town and I’m playing a bit differently from there I guess? Idk, I just think weak reasoning is NAI
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:10 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 624, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 619, DkKoba wrote:VOTE: taylor
i...just explained it.
Literally iso them and read them urself. Make ur own conclusions. I'll explain more if you tell me what u see.
I don't agree they're open ended, she literally said scum is likely 3 out of a group of 4. Don't see why targeting high activity slots or PoE is scummy, even this early (I love PoE). I get there's a playstyle barrier here, do your best to explain it. My only read on taylor is a light townlean since in a recently finished scum game she seemed to care more about what people thought of her.
so tayl0r is maf pr is what ur saying
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:11 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 626, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 625, VP Baltar wrote:
A game we were in together just finished where I was town and I’m playing a bit differently from there I guess? Idk, I just think weak reasoning is NAI
i dont think this post comes from town.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:13 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

??
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:23 am

Post by DkKoba »

catch me being suddenly less sure of my reads bc of this dumb interaction

love that for me
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:16 am

Post by Marky Mark »

Good evening all :)
In post 519, shellyc wrote:Marky what are your thoughts on the Jackson slot so far
Tbqh I didn't really have any strong reads either way on the slot prior to the last few pages. I do think that him calling out dk over discrediting and hypocrisy is valid/helpful and chimes with my own earlier posts ref dk. I thought him calling out VP earlier in was fairly valid.

Speaking of dk....
In post 521, DkKoba wrote:mark frankly

I dont care.
If u have anything substantial to ask me feel free but when im stating factual information i dont care to accept the premise that im wrong thx
Claiming someone is misrepping you with 0 explanation of why they are is not stating factual information. This is so patently obvious that I can only assume you are reaction fishing or deflecting.
In post 556, DkKoba wrote:
In post 549, JacksonVirgo wrote:Also they still haven't said shit about why I was scummy about the reaction test when they said they had a whole heckin' case on me
holy fuck because clearly ur intentions were to not get scumread for fakeclaiming lmfao

i have a feelign ur just bad town because ur takes are just so astronomically bad i feel like as scum being informed u would never actually say things these bad.
Stuff like this (I picked this one, but there were plenty to pick from) is really quite abrasive, especially when it is cmpletely devoid of any evidence or reasoning. Let's respect each other please :)

Here's what is on my mind atm:

-DK is not acting in the town's interests eg deflecting direct questions from other players, discrediting other players with completely unsubstantiated accusations. I think part of this is playstyle, but not all of it.
-Geraint's logic ref d1 being pointless is evidently not true, as has been pointed out by others but I'm finding it hard to get a feel for his slot more generally. Despite not being a fan of meta, I've had a look at a couple of his other games where he's acted similar to this game as both alignments. This is starting to make me start to question my scumread on him. I am also not loving DGB being on his wagon (see below)
-We have a decent number of lurky players in this game - while some may well be scum, it seems unlikely they all are (stating the obvious here I know). Of this subgroup, having revised my read on Geraint, I think DGB is probs the scummiest imo, for reasons I've gone over before. As I've said before, I don't want to give people a free ride to d2 without being an active participant today.

For the time being I think VOTE: DGB is the best option. This is primarily intended as a vote based on the fact I find the slot scummy but will also hopefully as an incentive for them to engage more. While there has been a fair bit of fluff in this game, I think is an oversimplification - there is enough going on to be able to pick things out worthy of discussion.

Fwiw, I also want to
FOS DK
. This has kinda been covered above, but the way she is playing is too far from the town's interests, even given her posting style.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:22 am

Post by DkKoba »

how is it far from town interests? do u know what words mean?
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:24 am

Post by DkKoba »

ur literally pushing someone whos LHF(scum or not) and ur trying to talk to me about going against "town interest".

what is ur point?

ur fosing ppl for activity levels and yet ur avoiding zdenek?

once again i am being held to higher standards than everyone else bc apparently i have to explain literally everything and everyone else gets a free pass!!!!!!! sick of it!!!
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:25 am

Post by DkKoba »

mark be real with me do u actually fos me bc thats hilarious if u do for the reasons u listed like ur trying to twist that me being annoyed at being blatantly misrepped is scummy.

can there be 4 scum in a mini?
retired
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:32 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 490, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 489, Zdenek wrote:
In post 184, VP Baltar wrote:It's times like this I just try to imagine what is going on in the scum PT.
I guess that I like to think you’d be better than this.
I have no idea what that is even supposed to mean
Really?
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:39 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 571, shellyc wrote:zdenek says they don't like the look of andres and NOT scumreading andres which is rather shady
When I say "I don't like the look of" I mean "the red letters in his role pm are shining through through every word that he's writing or my gut is off"
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:42 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Zdenek, can I got your top three suspects and why?

Also, have you caught up fully now?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:42 am

Post by VP Baltar »

*get your
YOUR AD HERE

Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:43 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 591, shellyc wrote:
In post 588, Zdenek wrote:I see that it is a general opinion. One that I disagree with.
are you gunna stop at that
if you don't like the consensus then put in a fair share of effort to change it instead of complaining.
I'm pretty sure I've seen scum do proactive things, but I get not wanting to 86 a proactive player.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:48 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 637, VP Baltar wrote:Zdenek, can I got your top three suspects and why?

I'm getting there.

You've played with Koba before, what's your take on him here/compared to when you played with him. The nonsense level from him bugs the hell out of me.
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:49 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 632, DkKoba wrote:how is it far from town interests? do u know what words mean?
Avoiding/deflecting questions aimed at getting you to explain your reasoning is not in the town's interests as it prevents other players from understanding where your reasoning was coming from and deciding for themselves whether it was reasonable. What legitimate motives could a town player have to deflect a reasonable question about their reasons for making a particular claim/accusation?
DkKoba wrote:ur literally pushing someone whos LHF(scum or not) and ur trying to talk to me about going against "town interest".

what is ur point?

ur fosing ppl for activity levels and yet ur avoiding zdenek?

once again i am being held to higher standards than everyone else bc apparently i have to explain literally everything and everyone else gets a free pass!!!!!!! sick of it!!!
Not familiar with LHF as an acronym sorry?
Again, I feel like you are being deliberately false here. I've explained why I find you scummy and have FOsed you and it's pretty far removed from zdenek. If zdenek refuses to answer a direct question 4x in a row while simultaneously undermining/discrediting people in a completely unsubstantiated way then I may consider laying an FOS on him too.

This isn't personal and I can see you feel frustrated over this :S - I don't think expecting people to explain their accusations when asked repeatedly is a massively high bar to hold people to.
DkKoba wrote:mark be real with me do u actually fos me bc thats hilarious if u do for the reasons u listed like ur trying to twist that me being annoyed at being blatantly misrepped is scummy.

can there be 4 scum in a mini?
That question is clearly asked in bad faith - I've made it pretty clear it was a serious FOS.
If me allegedly misrepping you was that blatant, then you could've just explained it one of the many times you were prompted
Would love it if you could watch the tone of your posts too please - I can see you disagree with me and are frustrated but there's no need to be so abrasive - we're here playing a game :)

ZDenek - what's an 86?
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:51 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 641, Marky Mark wrote:ZDenek - what's an 86?
I mean throw out.
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:54 am

Post by Marky Mark »

Ah right. Makes sense - as does the logic of holding onto a more active/engaged player over a lurker should they be even in terms of scumminess otherwise.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:23 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 640, Zdenek wrote:
In post 637, VP Baltar wrote:Zdenek, can I got your top three suspects and why?

I'm getting there.

You've played with Koba before, what's your take on him here/compared to when you played with him. The nonsense level from him bugs the hell out of me.
Them.

Koba"s play here is consistent with their town play in the other game we shared. Doesn't mean that makes them town. I haven't played a game where Koba is scum. But I can say this play is not out of the ordinary as town. I don't personally find it annoying as a member of the town. I did find it slightly frustrating when I was scum and Koba was town. But shrug.
YOUR AD HERE

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:56 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

VOTE: DGB obvtown for us please
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:05 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Sorry Koba, and thank you VP.

I think infinity is okay. The way he directs his attention is sensible, and I think I grok his motivations.

Marky Mark seems okay too, but my feelings here are much less concrete.

Shelly is a blackhole for me. We clearly do not think about mafia or read people in the same way. I'd be less concerned, but I have a hard time believing that her town read on DGB is honest.

I really dislike Andres early on trying to lock infinity into a scum read on Koba, and I find his progression on Koba unnatural, from not getting townvibes/dislike attempt to derp clear themself to "Koba where are you? I think there’s some chance shellyc is Scum here hahaha"

Tomorrow I will work on the others.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:25 pm

Post by DkKoba »

ok maybe consider what ur asking is nonsense and u should move on? Bc clearly im not gonna elaborate unless u make a more concise question that i havent answered bc i feel ive answered it efficiently with my actions already.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:26 pm

Post by DkKoba »

honestly im stressed a lot irl and not in the mood for this kinda dumb fight over semantics so drop it unless u have a point bc the more u push it the less i feel ur town
retired
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:32 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 646, Zdenek wrote:I really dislike Andres early on trying to lock infinity into a scum read on Koba, and I find his progression on Koba unnatural, from not getting townvibes/dislike attempt to derp clear themself to "Koba where are you? I think there’s some chance shellyc is Scum here hahaha"
I actually agree with this. Andres is not feeling obvtown to me so far this game
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”